Minghao's Emotions

Seventeen One Shots

Minghao was the first one to exit the van as soon as they arrived at the Seventeen dorm. He stomped up to front door and typed (albeit angrily) the security passcode to the dorm. He opened the door and began to head his shared bedroom.

"Minghao..." Seungcheol laid his hand on Minghao's shoulder, stopping him. "We all need to talk."

He glared at Seungcheol as he was led into the living room where all the other members were sitting in a circle.

He sat between Joshua and Wonwoo, while Seungcheol moved to the last empty seat.

"Okay." Joshua decided to begin with apologizing. "We are sorry we left without you today. It's just we are a big group and use two vans and  didn't realize you was in either."

Minghao looked down as he fidgeted with his hands in his lap.

Seungcheol spoke up. "We didn't mean forget you, Minghao. It was an honest mistake."

"Okay." Minghao just wanted this group chat to be over.

"No it's not!" shouted Soonyoung. "You're obliviously still upset and something tells me it's about more than what happened today."

The members began looking back and forth between Soonyoung and Minghao, afraid an argument would erupt.

"Calm down, Soonyoung." Seungcheol knew that he had to prevent the tension in the room from thickening or else nothing would get solved.

"Minghao," Jun began in a much calmer tone. "We can't understand you if you keep to yourself."

Minghao bit his lip because knew Jun was right, but he was still furious with them.

Wonwoo held Minghao's wrist. "Minghao don't bottle this up. We want to talk this through with you."

"Yeah!" Chan's voice caught everyone off guard since the younger members had remained silent since the talk began. "We want to understand you. We want to work this out with you. We don't want you to keep your emotions to yourself."

Jeonghan continued . "Minghao just tell us what's on your mind."

Minghao looked around at everyone and sighed. He grabbed a pillow from the couch and cuddled it.

"Sometimes I just feel like I'm lesser than everyone else." He whispered, although everyone heard him clearly.

"Where did you hear that?" Seungkwan was confused. Why would his dear hyung and friend think that.

"Have you been reading hate mail?" Jihoon interjected. "All they ever say is bull."

Seungcheol, Jeonghan and Joshua had a strict rule about reading hate mail. Anyone caught reading it would have their phone taken away and be scolded by the hyung's for disobeying.

"Not if what they are fans." Minghao's voice cracked.

"Look," Mingyu started. "We are all brothers here Minghao. None of us believe anything those so called "fans" say is true."

"We accepted you the way you are, Minghao hyung. We don't want you to change one bit." Vernon added.

A tear escaped Minghao's eye. He hid his face in the pillow.

"Next time you feel like this tell someone." Seokmin began. "If you feel like you can't tell all of us then just tell one of us. Any of us will be will I get to listen." Everyone's nodded in agreement.

Joshua gently took the pillow away from Minghao.

"Is this the reason you've been practicing the choreographies like crazy?" Hoshi ...

"Well yes and now. I really wasn't trying to please them, but I became more dissatisfied with my dancing."

"It's a good thing we would drag you out before you overworked yourself."

"Do you feel better?" Seungcheol asked to make sure Minghao wasn't hiding anything.

"Yeah." Minghao sighed in relief this time. "I feel like a up huge weight was lifted off his shoulders.

"Good." Jeonghan smiled. "Hand over your phone. You know our punishment for reading hate."

Minghao didn't argue as he handed Joshua his phone. This is the happiest he has felt in weeks.