9:17PM, 30F, sleet

Foreign Body

   "Are you ready? C'mon, they're waiting for us!" Namjoon doesn't even come all the way down the path but does wait for Jungkook to catch up to him before turning back toward the street.
   "Is what I'm wearing okay? I wasn't sure, I didn't bring anything cool with me when I moved." Even though they're walking, Namjoon takes a second to appraise his appearance.
   "You look phenomenal." Jungkook blushes hot and holds onto the way it rolled off his tongue.
   They pile into the car and Jungkook finally meets Yoongi, and Hoseok, and Jin, feeling completely starstruck. They pick up Yoongi's friend, Taehyung, from the train station before heading to a club in the city center. The night goes by in a wonderful blur of lights and sounds and all Jungkook remembers by the end of it is the way Namjoon sounded so good and looked like such a badass up there on stage; the way Namjoon found him first after his performance, pulled him into a sweaty hug and shook him by the shoulders and patted his cheeks, looking almost like he was going to kiss him, pumped full of adrenaline with twelve thousand sparkles in his eyes; the way Namjoon bought him drinks when he asked for them even though he's still underage, pushing them into his hands with a wink and a finger pressed to his lips, shh, don't tell; the way Namjoon, Namjoon, Namjoon.
   He wants to forget the hook of jealousy that twisted in his gut when others who had known Namjoon for years get to congratulate him, knowing how long he's fought for this chance, when they hold him tight and kiss his cheeks. He pushes them away, bright red and laughing. Jungkook needs to forget that feeling, doesn't want to hold onto the night that way. So he remembers Namjoon's arms around him, his sticky, sweet scent, his soft lips murmuring just for him, thank you, thank you so much for coming, I'm so happy you're here. I'm really, really happy you're here.