8:58PM, 37F, clear

Foreign Body

   Jungkook is on the verge of failing the semester, badly. Half of his grades depend on their final exams and he only understands half of those. He wasn't planning on bringing it up around Namjoon because he knows he can't relate. Because he, personally, doesn't really care- almost wants to fail just so he doesn't have to tell his parents the truth. But Namjoon asks because he cares, because he knows school isn't his favorite and always wonders what that means for him.
   //ready for your tests?
   \\HA!
   //??
   //do u want to study together?
   \\it's a waste of time :P ? thanks tho
   //no way! Come over. It's like a 30 minute walk.
   // just text me when you're here.
   //You know the address ?
   \\still got those chips you had last time?
   // pft ofc.
   \\fine you convinced me. Otw
   It takes him an hour to get there because he feels the need to get ready before he sees Namjoon, still isn't used to going to his nice house and walking past his nice parents.
   "So, what don't you understand?" Jungkook's lays his head on the desk and starts whining.
   "Nothing. I haven't understood anything all year!!" Namjoon laughs and he fixates on the sound. Just wants to make him laugh all night and forget about how important this actually is.
   "I can not let you fail! We have to start somewhere. What does your syllabus look like?"
   Namjoon isn't half bad at explaining things, and it doesn't hurt that, apparently, there isn't a single thing he doesn't know. In a dreamlike haze, Jungkook lets himself be guided through all the things he should have been learning over the course of the class, finding that it's not as difficult as it's always been before- not as difficult as struggling through alone. However, he gets a little too distracted by the unfamiliar calm and quiet of Namjoon's house, by the graceful way he writes, by the way his glasses frame his face. Namjoon doesn't seem to have a clue, marching onwards without knowing Jungkook has just been staring at him without understanding a word he was saying for the last few minutes.
   "Carry this 3-"
   "Hey."
   "-hey."
   "You're cool." Namjoon's face is blank as he processes the words, but then he laughs a little at the abruptness of it.
   "I think you're cool too, Jungkook!"
   "You know it's almost, like, 2 o'clock?"
   "What! Really?" Namjoon looks around, trying to focus on the clock face across the room.
   "Would you walk me home?" Namjoon checks his phone for a split second, a nervous tic, before responding.
   "It would be fine if you wanted to stay over. It's already pretty late." Jungkook is pleasantly surprised and honestly glad, not looking forward to the walk home even with the chance of company.
   "Yeah, that sounds nice...thanks. For everything." It is nice. Namjoon gives him something comfortable to change into and they fall asleep watching a movie on his stupidly big bed. Jungkook worries about being spoiled by his profound kindness, wonders what exactly he did to deserve it, hopes that it never stops.