5:23PM, 45F, clear

Foreign Body

   "Hey, I just wanted to tell you...I'm moving out of my parent's house in August." Jungkook's head spins and he tries to remember what it's like to be completely alone.
   "Uhm..." he honestly doesn't know what to say, even though a million things come to mind. Heart pounding, he looks away, and tries not to show his disappointment. He knew it had to come sometime, Namjoon was destined for big things, for other super smart people and big projects and something productive, not a bike ride to a community college. Not time spent with someone trying to scrape together an internship at a tattoo parlor while he lies to his family.
   "I wanted to ask, I mean, I know you don't really like where you live right now, and you know, there's no pressure, but I wanted to ask, if you wanted to move in with me?" There's a half second pause that's too long for Namjoon's nerves.
   "I understand if you don't want to, your commute would be wild and it's only a one bedroom so you'd kinda just have the living room to yourself, I'm sorry if it's weird. I just walked in there yesterday, and couldn't stop thinking of you, so I wanted to offer. I'm sor-"
   "Namjoon. I'd love to. I can't- of course. Of course." Jungkook is grinning when Namjoon hugs him tightly but already tears are pouring down his face. It feels so nice to know he's wanted, to know there is a better life out there for him, but it's a feeling that overwhelms him.
   "Thank- thank you so much." He sobs between words and clings to him like he's being reborn. Namjoon is surprised, but at the same time, not really. He's happy he can do something that means so much, but this is about more than just a new place to live.