TWO: Smelling trouble

Trouble Cafe

It started as a small shop for students who came by and bought food from the place. Within a short time, it grew into a quick popular place among the students. But before it became known to a lot of people, Jiae was already working there. After some small recommendation from some engineer, cook, and business students, they helped the owner make the grow larger. They helped her promote and made her a budget list and other needs. Jiae helped her with interior design. The five students including Jiae who helped her became permanent employees. For a while everything was going according to the planning, so she decided to open up another location.  

But the biggest thing of all is that the owner shares her stocks with the five students. It was hard for them to accept it in the first place, but the owner took all the money made out of the stocks and put it away for their future. She became a second mother to them. 

The restaurant was a cozy place for the students and high school kids. With warm food and colorful sweets placed in the display, it did feel like home to them.  

Jiae welcomed the regular customers on her way upstairs.  The owner was living above her restaurant, it was her house but the staffs could make use of it has theirs. She is living alone, so her door is always open to them. 

Jiae changed in her work wear and went back to the restaurant. Kyu was cooking and Sem was preparing the dishes that were going to be served. These are the two cook students, Kyu, and Sem. Kyu is the main chef and Sem is our half-blood Korean/Dutch chef. They are certainly worthy of kitchen related things. Always nagging and fighting each other, but they are the best buddies, knowing each other for over 10 years now. Like husband and wife, they mostly entertain the guests. 

The food was prepared now, Saewoo took the plates to serve them. Saewoo was the engineering student, she does the serving together with Jiae. Saewoo is a tall girl with long light brown hair and green/brownish eyes. She has a fine fit build body that would make a boy cry like a wolf. It is an easy going girl who loves to help the people in her surrounding. 

And the last one is Hyun, the business freak. He is leading the other location. He is the eldest among the five and is a major help to the owner. The most of the work has been completed by him. He visits here once or twice a week. He is a typical businessman, with glasses and a black suit with his black leather bag. 

Jiae hurried and began with her duties. Round 9:30 pm the place became quiet and the couples who were eating sweets and chatting with their dates. Saewoo and Jiae are sitting at an empty table. 

 

'Today we survived a wave of starving zombies, and tomorrow is Friday. I'm going to pray for it to be quickly over.' Saewoo takes a sip of her cold drink. 

 

'Why, are you going on a date again? You know that all those wolves are looking at you because of that physique of yours. Just don't jump on them after a few sweet talk. You'll regret it again. Tattoo my words into your heart.'

 

'I love you too Jiae, your wise words are making me emotional, that tongue of yours will be your best and only buddy for the rest of your dull life. I wish you the best.' Saewoo looked sarcastic at Jiae, stood up and walked towards the calling customer. 

 

'My tongue and I thank you for thinking of us.' Jiae got up and bowed, then showed her tongue. Saewoo looked at her and gave up by shaking her head. 

 

Later on, the owner came down and flashed some Yellow envelopes with purple dots. 

 

'What is this pretty bunny?' Sem looked puzzled at the owner and tried to open it. 

 

'Not now, open it when you're home. Okay'

 

She skipped to Saewoo and gave one. Everyone was looking at each other with big eyes. The last time they got something like this was not a blissful ending at all. Round 11:20 pm the restaurant shuts its doors. Four of them came together and opened the envelopes, a card came falling out. Kyu looked and rolled his eyes.  

 

'She would probably be dead or walking aimlessly around the streets if it was not for us to do something as always' Kyu put the card back in the envelope. 

 

'His name is kind of suspicious to me, I wonder what Hyun is thinking about this. Look at that Kikwang... Kick Kwang!' Sem kicked into the air.

 

Saewoo looked at Jiae and wanted her to say something.  

 

'Come on, use that divine powers of yours and say something.'

 

'I'm not a fortune teller. It's not like when you tell me something like that and it'll eventually start working. It happens randomly and unexpected.'

 

'Well, it's because of that sixth sense of yours things ended quickly in the last interval. We have to rely on you again. Maybe we should pray or bring her offers.' Kyu made weird praying moves with his hands and Sem hit him behind his head. 

 

'We'll talk to Hyun tomorrow about this. Let's just go home for today. Everyone is tired to even try thinking of coming up with something now.' 

 

Saewoo waved and left first. Sem and Kyu waved and left going the opposite way. They live together. 

Jiae took her bicycle and went straight home. It was almost midnight when she arrived. She was dead exhausted and only wanted to sleep after taking a quick shower, so Jiae quickly snatched her towel and headed to the bathroom with the door open she took a nice warm shower. When she finished taking a shower, she wrapped the towel around her and went back to her room. She was used to be freely walking around the house because nobody was there and the house next to her was always empty. So seeing that the house next was still dark, she didn't feel the urge to close her curtains. After putting on an underwear and a top tank, without her knowing, the lights of the house next were switched on. Jiae was turned with her back to the window. At the other side, someone entered the room and dropped some heavy looking bags on the floor. He noticed Jiae and was looking at her for a quite long time until Jiae decided to turn around to sit on her bed so she could put on her pants, that is when she noticed someone was looking in her direction. As soon as she saw that person looking at her, she grabbed her sheet and threw it over her to cover herself, and the person watching her looked away, both of them got embarrassed. He didn't look in her direction and Jiae waited before she got up to close the curtains as soon as possible so that the man won't turn and look at her again. ert! 

Jiae was too tired to think and worry about this crappy situation, she just hoped that he didn't saw her entire body. Her eyes closed the moment her head touched the cushion.