THREE: Behave yourself

Trouble Cafe

Friday 

The next morning Jiae had difficulties to get up, her body didn’t work the way she wants it to. But she remembered what happened not too long ago. As hard as it was, she got up and walked towards the window, pushed the curtain open, to look at the house next, to see that guy again, but there was no one in that room. The room looks untouched. She began to do her daily activities before heading to school.  

Every Friday morning was cleaning day at school, and it was the turn of Jiae's and the boy who is seated in front of him in class.  

 

'He keeps coming back.' Said the boy.

 

'And I will keep ignoring him.' 

 

At the restaurant. 

After a long day, it was almost Friday afternoon, but Jiae like usually left for work. It was her last day for this week. Once home, she dropped her bag in the hallway and took her bicycle that was locked in the shed. Jiae could see the busy restaurant further down the road. She went upstairs to change into her outfit and went back down the stairs to meet the others. It was around six pm and the owner called the four together for an announcement.  

 

'The reason I called you together is to say that the new member can arrive at any moment. As you all know that we will have a new staff for the waiter-crew. So I want the four of you to be polite and nice to him. Alright!' The owner looked at them with determination and a compulsory face.  

 

'We will be nice to the new member.' The four of them sing in a core.  

 

'The last staff vanished suddenly and I never heard from him again.' Said Yebeun with a worried face.

 

'That’s because he was having some problems at home, family stuff.' Kyu dropped his mixer. The customers close by stopped eating and looked at them. Sem hit his back and Saewoo pinched him. 

 

'What about the one before him?' The owner narrowed her eyes.  

 

'He wanted to go out with Saewoo, but got rejected, depression I think. It was such a good guy. Tsk.' Sem looked at Saewoo and shook his head in disappointment  

 

'And the first one, way back? I suppose she liked Kyu, but Kyu already had someone he liked, so she was heartbroken.' Yebeun said with an arched brow.

 

'Well, actually she liked me and not Kyu, but back then Jiae liked me too so I couldn’t accept her confession and let Jiae suffer, as much as I love her like a big brother.' 

 

'Sem, my lovely handsome cook, your lies are as big as your heart.' The owner flicked her finger against the forehead of Sem.  

 

'Just behave this time or I'll send the biggest problem to Hyun, and from that day on he or she will have to work there.' 

 

'Yes, happy bunny, I'll try but I can't promise anything.' Sem and Kyu greeted her with a soldier gesture.  

 

The doorbell of the restaurant ringed, and all the eyes turned to the door. A boy with black hair and dark eyes came in and moved further with an awkward structure. Jiae's brows went up in an arc, she knows that guy from somewhere, he looks really familiar. Ah, it's the new student from school. The owner walked over and brought him in front the others. Somehow Sem and Kyu looked bothered and Saewoo was off to flower-boy-dreamland while Jiae was thinking of a name that would fit him the most.  

 

'Hi, I just moved in this neighborhood and I'm not familiar with a lot of things, I'm really grateful that miss Hun accepted me. And my name is Jung Daehyun.' 

 

'Daehyunnie will be our new family member from now on. Be nice, alright kids?' Yebeun hugged Daehyun with a surprise.

 

'What’s with the hyunnie all of a sudden. But damn that kid is handsome. Like a boyfriend-material jumped right outta manhwa book, an ideal handsome guy.' Kyu said with a low voice. 'Hey kid, are you a boy or a girl, I can't make up my mind right now, my mouth is saying a boy but my brain is saying a girl.' 

 

'What kind of a stupid question is that you goldfish brain, that mouth of yours is as loose as a used rubber band.' Saewoo walked over to Daehyun's side holding his head between her hands, to show it more clear as to what she said. 'See those lips, look at these deep eyes and the way he stands. It's his manliness grandly overwhelming than that of yours, you smeared in oil, a burned oven glove' 

 

Daehyun laughed and then spotted Jiae looking at him. He was about to talk but a customer called for the paycheck. So she had to leave. 

 

'Look, he has apple cheeks, so cute. By the way, how old are you? You look quite young.' 

 

'I'm 21 years old.' 

 

'Wahhh he is the new junior, Jiae got lucky.' 

 

'Kyu looks like your fame has come to an end. He is young and has more flowers dancing around him, all glittery. Look at his background. But you will always be my little twilight.' Sem tapped Kyu on his shoulder, but Kyu returned it with a head-. 'Ooh wow.' 

 

Saewoo took Daehyun and gave him a short tour around the restaurant and the apartment above the restaurant. His work-wear was lying on the table with the right size. Saewoo told him to wear it and come down so the owner could see it on him. It made Daehyun somewhat nervous and shy. The owner was waiting for Daehyun downstairs, she wanted to be the first one to see him in his working clothes. Daehyun came down with a satisfied look on his face, the owner smiled and together they walked into the restaurant, time to serve more happy customers.  

The atmosphere was really good, Daehyun was an instant hit with the customers, especially with the ladies. From phone to phone, messages, calls didn’t stop, high school girls came in streaming even older women had an interest in Daehyun. Round 8:30 pm Saewoo had finished her round, she was taking the rest of the day off because of her date with some guy, probably a player or some douchebag.  

One of the high school customers called and Daehyun reached first. Jiae was looking from a distance, she was thinking about how they could get more people come in by using that guy to do some entertainment. The high scholar was smiling at Daehyun and showed a piece of paper, she laid it between the pay-check and gave it to Daehyun without him being aware of it, so Daehyun brought the money without looking inside and left in on the counter, the girl gets red and her friends start laughing, dense and clueless Daehyun had brought them discount coupons, he laid them on the table and smiled brightly before leaving. This was about it, the hours passed by like that, the high school kids were so noteworthy that Daehyun didn’t saw it as direct flirting. He is either stupid, carefree or ignorant. 

Before they knew, it was time to shut the doors and head home. It was almost midnight and the nightlife began, the street full of youngsters going to clubs to have fun. For Jiae going home after a long day is the best. All Jiae could think of was a warm shower and her bed. She was about to unlock her door, then she heard a car stop in front the house next, the one who used to be empty. It was a black car, a guy in a black suit stepped out it and closed the door, then the back door opened and someone with casual clothes came out of the car too. Not paying attention to it she continued to unlock the door. Finally, she was home.