SIX: Team work

Trouble Cafe

Halve through the day, Jiae went outside to have her lunch. She was sitting on the bench, leaning back with her eyes closed facing the heaven. But she then felt someone's hands covering her eyes. 

 

'Guess who I am.' 

 

The one thing to guess was, it was someone deepening her voice.  

 

'Mom is that you?' 

 

'Waah, I don't know what your mom sounds like but I can guess that you have two moms.' 

 

'Actually, I do.'  Jiae looked at the girl who came sitting next to her. 

 

'Really, you never told me about having two mothers.' 

 

'Nah, just joking. How have you been bubble gum?' 

 

'It's that face of yours that I can't tell. But as always, it's good and everything. How about you my Phantom?' 

 

'The usually, school, work and dealing with idiots.' 

 

'I saw the grouping list. I give my positive energy to you.' Ayou acted as if her energy was flowing from her to Jiae.  

 

Ayou is a really close friend of Jiae, Ayou is a mixed blood she is half Japanese and half Korean. At first, she didn't get along with other people. Her father is Korean, he met his mother After a business trip to Japan, they met and fell in love. A year later Ayou came to the world. Her father decided to move to Japan, but after a few years later, he had to go back to Korea and left the two behind, the mother of Ayou didn’t want to leave Japan and her family so they stayed behind. When Ayou became eighteen years, she wanted to go and see her father. That also around the time she and Jiae met and became friends. Jiae wanted to stay in Korea after her parents yelling nagging, she and her dad convinced the mother of the to stay. Ayou enrolled into high school and wanted to have a lot of friends, just like she saw on TV dramas. But the dream became a nightmare, the people there weren't that friendly and nice at all. She soon became the laughing stock of the school. The main reason was, Ayou is a really happy easygoing girl. She always laughs and likes to help others, but the problem is she is too kind, like a horse looking straight ahead and doesn't think of the consequences what'll happen to her. She was bullied by the students, but one day they dropped push pins and razor blades in her bag. Jiae saw it and grabbed her bag, brought it to the front and emptied her bag in front of the whole class, including the teacher who was standing by watching what Jiae was doing. Everything fell on the floor, the pins and the razors. The teacher immediately came running to Jiae and yelled at the class. Who would do something like this? All the parents got calls and emails regarding the matter. After a short time, it was cleared of who they were. Two girls provoked the whole class and bullied Ayou, Jiae spoke for Ayou, everything she saw and heard, the thing that made Jiae mad was that she didn't know half of the things they did to Ayou. Jiae was getting sick of what kind of a class she was in. So it had to stop. Since then Ayou kept following Jiae and Jiae felt like protecting Ayou. Well, the tough part was convincing the dad of Ayou to keep her at school and not send her back to Japan. With the face-off with Jiae and her tongue, it wasn’t that hard.  

 

'Just don't start, will you. I can't think of any possibilities that I can work with him. Uuggh.' 

 

'What about the new guy Jung Daehyun. All the girls go crazy about him. But you as his partner they think nothing will happen since the whole school knows that Minryeol is still chasing after you.' 

 

'Why me, I don't get it. I'm not that entertaining, fun or a joyous person anymore. Of course, I'm hilarious as and have my moments, but that guy is thinking wrong, a guy doesn't function with a brain but with his stomach or something else. Keep that in mind.' 

 

'Why not, I would go after you. You are a nice person, you help people in need and besides the gravestone facial expressions, you are the best there is to me. But I love the way you always think clearly and say useful stuff, for a person who was never in a relationship before. See positive as that.' 

 

'Hehe, I'm grateful for you to make me feel happy. I rather see it for myself than experience it. I don’t know why they date at such a young age and break up if it was meant to. I mean like 14 years old and had like two boyfriends. All they say is 'to have nice memories' all I hear is bad memories afterward and suffering only. There are a lot of other fun things to make pleasant memories of.' 

 

'You ball of negative energy. Come with me.' 

 

'What happened to positive?' 

 

'Just come.' 

 

Ayou grasped the hand of Jiae and dragged her to somewhere else. They went back inside the school building and into the cafeteria, they stopped in front a vending machine. Ayou dropped coins in the opening and pressed the buttons, a tin fell down, she bends over to pick it up.  

 

'Here you go, pomegranate juice.' 

 

Jiae looked at the tin and back to Ayou.  

 

'Since when did they sell stuff like this here, I'm probably the only one who drinks pomegranate juice.' 

 

'I don’t know, I saw it for the first time last week, it must be new. Just drink it up, be as sore as a pomegranate.' 

 

Jiae was about to hit Ayou, but she dodged it and slipped her way out of the cafeteria, she turned around, smiled and winked at Jiae before she disappeared. Jiae was having fun drinking the juice. Half away drinking and it was time to go to the next class. 

The second art lesson. The groups sat down by putting the tables in a circle. Jiae saw that Minryeol was sitting in her seat. The juice was about to come up through her nose, but she held it in. She walked to her seat and dropped her bag on the table. Minryeol tapped on his lap for Jiae to come and sit on it. Jiae turned around and wanted to grab another chair, that's when Minryeol got up and grabbed Jiae by her arm, she turned around with a not too pleased expression for wanting him to let go of her arm. Jiae thought to herself that she needs to disinfect her clothes and her arm. Why is he so touchy, she wants to hit him. Daehyun grabbed his chair and quickly sat the chair in front of the table were Minryeol was sitting. Both of them looked at him, well not just those two but everyone was looking. Then Daehyun got up and showed Jiae for her to sit down on it. That's when Minryeol let go, Jiae looked at Daehyun and showed a little smile expression on her face.  

Usually, when those two are at it, the surrounding ignore them not wanting to have anything to do with it. But Daehyun was new, so he didn't know about the current situations at school, he acted on his own, which made Jiae smile. And that's where all the girls got that mini heart attack, Jiae is smiling to the new boy in front of Minryeol, the school's badass hunk.  

Everyone was enjoying the conversations between them, except for one group. Minryeol tapped the agreements and appointments on his tablet, and other important tasks.  

 

'We have to be serious since this will be a presentation for the first year students.' Minryeol grazed at Daehyun.  

 

'Every presentation is important, you.... Just hurry up and finish it, or give it to me, I'll do it. Your fingers are too large, you keep pressing wrong.' Jiae stuck her hands out, but Minryeol ignored it, he was busy keeping an eye on Daehyun.  

 

'Hulk, I'm talking to you.' Jiae was getting irritated by Minryeol at every minute that is passing by like a slow turtle.  

 

Minryeol finally turned to Jiae, he smiled. Jiae's insult was understood as a compliment in Minryeol's head. Jiae put on a sore face, why is that brainless Shrek smiling at her.  

One hour passed by. Daehyun got up to get something to drink and to eat, he flew off. It took him seven minutes to bring it back, in the meantime Minryeol tried to have a conversation with Jiae but failed, she gave no answers back or they were conversation killers, which she is the best in. Daehyun sat down and handed everyone their drinks, he gave Jiae pomegranate juice. 

 

'Why did you buy that for, nobody likes pomegranate juice, it's a helluva fruit to eat.' Minryeol's face expression became sore. As if he was about to puke.  

 

'I saw Jiae with a tin of pomegranate, so I thought she likes it and that's why I bought it.' 

 

Jiae accepted the juice and thanked Daehyun for it, by ignoring Minryeol's stupid comment. She opened the tin and took a satisfying sip. Minryeol got taken back by his words. The expression on Jiae's face made him nervous and blush. How can someone enjoy pomegranate juice like that? Daehyun was surprised too, he didn't know that someone could like pomegranate this much.  

 

'Is it that delicious?' Daehyun asked looking like a puppy, asking for a sip.  

 

'Do you want to taste it? I'll get you one, wait.' Jiae got up and left with the juice in her hand. By the time she arrived hers was empty. She handed the juice to Daehyun, he opened it at took a sip. He made a sore face.  

 

'It's sore but also sweet. It's fun to drink it.' 

 

'Right, you keep on drinking it. Pomegranate is the best. Hehe. " Jiae was looking at the tin in the hand on Daehyun. It's funny that someone else tastes of it, normally they give off a stupid reaction. To her surprise, he drunk all of it, but afterward, he needed to drink water to wash away the funny feeling in his mouth.  

 

As a group, they decided to make a presentation that would be in handy for the first years. It was going to be about the history what they learned through the years-. Everyone got a topic and needs to find information that is important and necessary for the audience. Every week they had to gather up for a meeting to keep a log book and minutes.