FIVE: School

Trouble Cafe

Monday 

Before you knew it, it was Monday. Jiae was preparing herself to go to school. After putting on her coat she unlocked the door. She saw the same black car from Friday, parked in front the house next. At the same time, she heard another door getting unlocked. She looked at her left and saw him standing in front his door, locking it. They came in eye to eye contact, looking perplexed. Well, Jiae didn't really show emotions, only widening her eyes a little, but there he was standing, Daehyun forgot to breathe for an instant he filled his lungs with oxygen. He smiled and waved at Jiae, but Jiae only smiled for a second and started walking to the front gate. She stepped out and began to walk away, ignoring Daehyun. Daehyun was trying to think about the situation. So it was his classmate/work college and his new next door neighbor now. Ha, what kind of a dramatic twisted plot is this...  

 

'Let's go, hurry up.' Daehyun hurried and jumped into the car

 

'What's with you all of a sudden, to happy going back to school?' his uncle handed Daehyun a bag containing food prepared for school. 'Or does it have something to do with the girl standing there that made you forgot to breathe.' The uncle turned to Daehyun and smirked. 'Easy there, you’re going too fast with the "love at first sight" thingy.' 

 

'It's not like that, she is just my classmate, work colleague and now my neighbor.' 

 

'If you say so, just to say but she really doesn't have an interest in you, for you to know.' He drove off. 

 

They were coming closer to Jiae. Jiae was waiting for the bus, it was chilly today. The driver stopped the car, Daehyun did hesitate and still got out the car. At the same time the bus drove next to him and stopped in front of Jiae, she got on the bus and left. Daehyun was relieved that she left, rather than facing her for what had happened the first day, but at the same time, he had a disturbing feeling inside him for letting it drag like that.  

Daehyun arrived at school, the uncle kept talking and going on about the girlfriend hassles, but Daehyun kept denying that it's not his girlfriend or that he likes her in that kind of a way, but he doesn't listen to him. 

A lot of the students were talking and laughing, Daehyun was looking for Jiae but she is not present yet, so Daehyun went to his seat. The girls in the class were swirling around him the minute he sat down and they started greeting him and talking nonstop about their weekend and asking about his.  

 

'Daehyunnaa, is something wrong? Your face tells me that something is wrong, are you sick.' One of the girls said in a high pitched voice.  

 

Daehyun was thinking what to do about the situation between him and Jiae, how to clear it, thinking it was a huge fiasco from day one. But Jiae didn't really pay attention to it as she walked into the classroom with a tired face. Daehyun wanted to talk to her, but none of the girls gave him a chance to get up and go to her. Surprisingly Jiae came to Daehyun.  

 

" Can I talk to you after school? " She waited for an answer. The girls finally shut up by surprise, that way Daehyun could reply to her.  

 

'Ha, yes.' There was a relieved tone in his voice. He smiled happily at her. 

 

'Round 4 pm, is it a good time for you?' 

 

'I'm finished around 3 pm but I'll wait.' The enthusiasm in his voice.  

 

'You don't have to wait that long, it'll be short, so it's not necessary. I'll see you at work then.' 

 

'Work?' 

 

'Yeah, didn’t you read the email that was sent yesterday? Saewoo did send them to everyone including you, she must not have received your email address I guess. You are scheduled for 6 pm today. Be there or Saewoo will eat you alive. Don't mind her outlook, she doesn't like it when we arrive late to work, without a really good reason thou.' 

 

'I didn't receive anything, I'll give her my email address properly today. But it's okay, I'll wait for you, and go straight to work.' 

 

'If you want to.' 

 

That was a heck of a monotonic conversation. The other girls left one by one, they didn't wait until they sat down and started to whisper. The teacher came in, he had an announced to make for the entire 2nd class students.  

 

'The announcement was as it follows; the 2nd years and the 3rd years as from now, over 3 weeks will visit the countryside and stay there for 2 nights and 3 days, it's the first time something like this will take place. But before that, I'll say the groups you have to work with in order to get the necessary amount of points, to actually go to the trip, which is a must. The problem is that there aren't many students in year three, so two from year 2 and one from year 3. We asked the 3rd years with who they wanted to be grouped in.' 

 

The teacher named everyone and their group, some disliked the group they were in and others liked it.  

 

'And as for the last group consisting out of three people are Jiae with Daehyun. I put the two of you together, Jiae is a good student so she'll be a lot of help to you. And Park Min Ryeol picked Jiae, the three of you are now project partners. That's it for the announcement, we'll proceed our topic from last week.' 

Jiae had an inner scream, she was really disappointed and irritated, the thought all would get her mad but this happening is just awfully crazy and stupid to her. Working with Park Minryeol, God will help her to survive the next three weeks.