Four: Weekend

Trouble Cafe

Daehyun is so tired after his first day of working in an overcrowded restaurant. He could leave early, after saying his goodbyes he exited the restaurant, a black car was waiting for him the take him to his new home. He stepped in and leaned back and closed his eyes for a bit.  

 

'How was your first day at work.' Said the man behind the steer.  

 

'Pretty funny, actually. It was so crowded, a lot of people were sent back because there were no seats available.' 

 

'Don't overwork yourself and act like an idiot to please them or other people, alright.' He said with a serious tone in his voice.  

 

'Don't worry about me doing stupid things, why would I do such things and embarrass myself for all those people, relax.' Daehyun waved his hand as if to show him that nothing is going to happen. 

 

The driver laughed and pulled the car over, let the engine die slowly.  

 

'Let's go eat some snacks, my treat. It's late but still, I have a long day to go and I need the energy to keep me through the night.' 

 

'My uncle is the best.' Daehyun flashed his thumb.  

 

'So, were there any pretty girls coming to the restaurant.' 

 

'Huge amount of customers came by each hour.' 

 

Both of them got happy and jumping out the car running towards an open shop. The street was filled with the smell of tasty food and people were eating, drinking and talking loudly with each other. After buying some hamburger menus, two came running back to the car and drove off. Daehyun dashed to unlocked the door, he quickly took a shower while his uncle prepared the table with nothing much than cups filled with water and alcohol eventually. Daehyun rushed downstairs after the shower and putting on his pajama. Both pleasantly finished the food till there was nothing over. His uncle hit and kicked Daehyun to bed after the table was cleared up.  

 

'Uncle, tell me why the bed is named a bed.' 

 

'What kind of question is that. I don't know, someone must have had a good reason for it.' 

 

'Because the word bed itself looks like a bed.' 

 

'If you keep making these kinds of a stupid joke and I'll guarantee, with my own hands that you'll never leave your bed again, boy. Now go to sleep.' 

 

The uncle shut the lights and closed the door and tiptoeing his way down the stairs making as fewer sounds as he can. He left Daehyun and locked the doors and the windows to secure the place for safety while he was away. You never know when and how they'll steal your most important thing. As a cop with a high rank, he can't let things happen such as breaking into houses and letting them walk around freely to steal precious belongings from others.  

Jiae woke up in the middle of the night, she was so thirsty that she had to wake up and get out of her warm and cozy bed. She strolled to the kitchen down and opened the fridge to take a cold bottle. Jiae let the cold water go down into her stomach, a funny feeling was it always for her. For a moment Jiae didn’t feel like going back up to her room, she was lying on the couch and staring at the ceiling, but before she knew it, she fell asleep on the couch.  

 

Saturday 

Saturday morning, Jiae was preparing her stuff to go out for grocery. A free day like this feels like you have to wait for an eternity to have such a fine relaxing day with no worries of whatsoever. Some vegetables and fruit, daily things, bread, drinks and other needy food.  

Jiae isn't really an active girl, she doesn't go out or has a nightlife. She likes to stay at home and watch her favorite shows keep up with their weekly publishing. Jiae had finished her grocery shopping and the next one on the to-do list was cleaning up the house. So Jiae put on some shorts and a t-shirt with 'your property' written on it, a stupid t-shirt joke from Saewoo. A stupid t-shirt with the matching, stupid cleaning duty. She the radio and opened all the windows to let some air in. It's a big house and she doesn't use the entire house so a lot of places are kept locked, so she doesn't have to clean those places all the time. It was evening by the time she finished cleaning the necessary areas.  

Jiae ordered food, it was already late for making food herself, besides she was tired already. Her day passed by like that, nothing special.  

 

Sunday 

The next day was, as usual, Jiae got up and began to study on her homework, after several hours later, dropped Jiae her school work and went out for a jog, not remaining in motion was bad for her, she needed to move around to stay in shape. But the thing is, Jiae doesn't like to run around with a crowd still outside, she goes jogging at a later time with fewer people. With her jogging clothes on she left the house, still in her garden was Jiae stretching and exercising to loosen her stiff muscles. It was time to set off.  

Daehyun was staring out the window because of boredom. There she was, her neighbor. Daehyun was looking at her stretching and loosen up her muscles. Maybe he could make it up for the accident that had happened on the first day that occurred. Now that he thought about it, she has a nice, figure…  Maybe he should go and apologize. Wait, what if she screams at him and starts calling him a ert. If Daehyun goes now she’d declare him for some stalker, running behind her trying to say sorry that he saw her almost on the first day. What should Daehyun do…. 

It’s late to go out and buy something to visit her as the new moved in the neighbor. Daehyun has to wait a couple days. That is what he thought was the best as he saw her going out her front garden and run to the opposite way.