ONE: New guy in town.

Trouble Cafe

Wednesday 

It was after school and Jiae went to her workplace as usually on Wednesday evening. The restaurant owner had an announcement to make about a new employee that would come over just in two days. He is going to start working as a member of the staff and will be serving the tables. After closing time, Jiae headed for her house. It was a little past midnight so she hopped on her bicycle and left quickly. Fortunately, the restaurant was only five minutes away from her house, which was an absolutely tremendous for a university student.  

Jiae noticed light shining from the empty house next while passing by. The lights had been switched on, which was something unusual. That house has been uninhabited for a long time.  She just went home, then first thing first was to take a hot steamy shower. 

Her bedroom was fronting the not empty house anymore. The lights were still on and Jiae tried to gaze if she could spot someone walking inside. There was no movement or any sounds of moving in. Jiae kept looking for a while and decided to tune into bed and sleep the day away. 

 

Thursday 

The following day Jiae got up and put on simple jeans, a white shirt and a red with a thin white striped cardigan, she had some breakfast, afterward, she brushed her teeth. Packing her bag grabbed her books as well as ready to leave for school. At the same time, the door of the house next unlocked and someone came out, a dark colored car parked in front of him and he got in the car. 

 

At school. 

Jiae was nearly at school, one of her classmate called her and Jiae spun around then smiled at her, she waited for her to come nearby so they could walk together. 

After two hours of math, both of them headed to the next class. Jiae sat at the back of the class, she had her head rested on her school desk and was staring outside, viewing the sky. The teacher made a statement that a new student will be joining them preliminary today. The new student makes an appearance and impulsive all of the girls start murmuring in amusement, so Jiae who was still facing the window, looked up to see why the girls were appreciating their view so much, it is just a new schoolboy and nothing extraordinary. All the bothersome uproars of these girls. Jiae put in her ear plugs and turned back to stare at the much more fascinating outer world and its clear blue sky. That's when the new student introduced himself to his new classmates.  

 

'My name is Jung Daehyun, I'll be following the same lessons with you all. Nice meeting you, my following dear classmates.'  

 

He smiled at the class. And all the girls went wild. Jiae could see them clapping and smiling seductively at him. 

Jung Daehyun, a typical flower boy you’d see on TV shows. Bright smile, thick lips, high cheekbones, dark hair, bottomless dark eyes and when he smiled his eyes disappear, and a mole under his left eye. 

Jiae couldn’t care less and proceeded to lay her head down and closed her eyes. Daehyun sat next to her. All the girls build a wall around him as he kept a smile and answered their questions politely, one by one. The boy in front of Jiae pushed the book laying on her desk against her head. Jiae lifted her head and looked at him. The boy pointed to the side of the classroom, to the hallway for her to notice something. A boy was standing observing her. He made a heart with his fingers and smirked. She clutched the book and hit her classmate with it as hard as she could, the boy showed his hands signaling as if to say he surrenders. They were both snickering. Everyone was looking at the two after the book landed on the head of the boy making a booming sound. 

Jiae rotated at the direction to which the boy had pointed before. A tall boy with chocolate brown hair was standing in the hallway looking at her through the glass. All he did was smile and wave at Jiae which she disregarded his presence and started to treat the boy sitting for her for waking her up. 

Daehyun was looking lost at the two new classmates acting odd. Two girls walked and stood for him while he was looking and Jiae and the boy, playing and quarreling, then he looked at the boy standing in the corridor like a rejected factory toy ready to get disposed of. Eyes full of rage still looking at her as he walked away without no further attention gained from Jiae. All the classes ended for today, Jiae grabbed her bag and stormed out of the school building leaving for her job.

It was six pm and a lot of customers filled the restaurant, most of them were regulars. The restaurant owner used to have to send away some of the customers because it was just too crowded for such a cramp place and because of that, the place had to expand. She had bought the empty small abandoned property next to combine them together to enlarge the dining area. And despite the enlarged ground, it was still a small place.