Arrival

A True Cassiopeia

-Akiko's POV-

     "What is your name, miss?"

     "Mori Akiko," I answered.

     The bored lady nodded and scribbled something onto a long sheet of paper. I noticed that her name tag said 'Sung Ham Yong.' She pushed her glasses up higher and sighed, twirling the pencil around her finger. I watched her carefully until I became slightly dizzy.

     "Where are you from?" Ms. Sung continued.

     "Tokyo, Japan." I replied.

     "What languages do you speak?"

     "Japanese, Korean, and English."

     Ms. Sung whistled, impressed. She smiled and wrote some more onto the piece of paper. Then she eyed me again.

     "How do you know so many languages?" she asked curiously.

     "It just takes practice, I guess. And studying books."

     She nodded her head and continued to ask me questions. I answered them politely, but I was starting to get annoyed. There were so many questions. Well, I shouldn't expect it to be easy to go to Korea. Just be patient, Akiko! So I mentally told myself to be patient over and over until Ms. Sung finished questioning me. It took around another fifteen minutes.

     "Okay, Ms. Mori," said Ms. Sung. "Welcome to Korea. Have a good day."

     I smiled at her. I'd always wanted to hear those words: 'Welcome to Korea.' And now I have. I am so excited!

~ ~ ~

-Jaejoong's POV-

     I walked across the hall and sighed. How am I supposed to do this? All I wanted to do was to stay home and sleep. Or watch TV. Not this.

     "Hyung, are you ready?" Junsu asked.

     I nodded glumly and tried to put up a smile. Junsu grinned back, not noticing my reluctance. He swung his arms up.

     "Let's begin!"

     I twirled around in a few circles, trying to look dainty and gentle. I danced from toe to toe and faked a smile. I even blew a dramatic kiss, as well as leaping into the air with my arms up. Behind the cameras, Yoochun bursted into a fit of laughter. I felt my cheeks blushing and I wanted to just run back home.

     "Junsu, I don't get the point of this!" I shouted while dancing.

     Junsu was in the middle of bowing gracefully. He smiled. "Oh, come on, hyung. Give Mimi some fun. She's been so sweet to you all this time. This is just a simple request."

     I made no comment. I stared at Mimi, the small seven-year old girl who was giggling at me. She was Junsu's relative of some sort. Yoochun snickered and pointed at me, whispering in Mimi's ear. He was probably teasing my failed attempt at doing ballet. Of all the things that a little kid wants, Mimi wants Junsu and I to dance like a ballerina?! Urgh. . .

     "Hey, Jaejoong, have you ever thought about visitng Yunho and Changmin?" Junsu asked.

     I stopped dancing. His random question had taken me by surprise. We'd never had such a conversation before. Even Yoochun stopped laughing. His eyes went empty. I felt the same. When I didn't reply, Junsu looked away.

     "Never mind." he muttered.

     That question stuck in my head the entire day. Do I want to see them again? I've never thought about it. I. . . had moved on. I don't want to look back into the past. What an absurd question. But something was still nagging me. Did I want to see them? To be honest, I miss them. . . But it's not like it matters now. We'll never see each other. Unless fate comes along.

At that moment, I didn't know that fate had just arrived. And her name was Mori Akiko.