Thirteen

DIAMOND (CEO AU Baekhyun Series)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It didn’t take long for you and Hisako to talk out your little fuss. You know she’s just looking out for you. She has always look out for both you and Yanmei. Hisako is like the loving aunt every family has, except your actual family doesn’t have one. Your mother was the only female among three elder siblings, while the aunts you have on your Father’s side of the family are just a bunch of highbrowed snobby pants and they never gave you the time of the day because they were all busy bathing in the riches they never worked hard for. Just handed to them by your grandfather.

Having to meet Hisako in your lifetime is refreshing and feels like a blessing. And Yanmei feels the same. That’s why when arguments as petty as this one comes up, (which is not always) it breaks your heart.

“Trust me Hisa, please. I know my limits. And I will stop when I know when to.”

You smiled at her reassuringly. She just huffs out a sigh and slumps her back on the bench underneath her.

“You too, Yanmei. Know when to stop, okay?”

“What? Jongdae is a good guy.”

Yanmei’s lower lip puckers up in a pout, crossing her arms over her chest.

“I’m not talking about him. I’m talking about you! I know Jongdae is head over heels for you.”

“What the hell, Hisa? You think I’ll do that to Jongdae?”

“No. But with your newfound freedom, I don’t know… Just— Just behave!”

Hisako hisses at Yanmei.

“Newfound freedom?”

Yanmei questions.

“I barely have freedom. I have responsibilities back at home.”

She added with a stressed-out expression just thinking about her life. She loves her family, but her wage is just enough to make ends meet and that’s what’s stressing her. She wants to give her sister the best life she can offer.

“With the amount Junmyeon-ssi offered you on that job, you’ll be able to afford to move your family here in Seoul.”

Hisako said in a matter-of-fact tone. You bob your head up and down, actually agreeing with what Hisako is saying. You can see Yanmei furrowing her eyebrows together, thinking about all the possibilities of whatever decision she will choose.

“Whatever, Hisako! Mom told me we’ll talk about it when we get home in 2 weeks.”

Ugh! Two weeks. In two weeks your actual ‘CEO training’ will start. In two weeks your best friends will go back home without you. They will continue their lives peacefully and you’ll be left here in Seoul, alone without your girlfriend's to back you up. Well, you have Mia… And Baekhyun. Baekhyun, hmm, could you trust him already? Your heart and mind are still debating. A little more convincing from him and your brain will finally agree with your heart.

Baekhyun’s familiar whiny voice can be heard from the distance and echoes throughout the garden, the three of you cast your attention to where the three guys were walking from. Each one of them is holding 2 ice cream products on their hands.

“Yaaaay Ice cream!” Yanmei stood up from the bench and ran towards Jongdae, who immediately lights up at the sight of Yanmei approaching him with so much gusto.

*  *  *  *  *

With nothing planned to do the coming weekdays, you and Baekhyun decided to extend your stay in the hotel. With both your hormones running wild since sleeping together for the first time last night, you know you’ll just end up spending the week with your limbs entangled with Baekhyun’s  You still haven’t told your friends about your prolonged stay-cation, but you’re sure they would understand. You can always ask Mia to bring them back home.

“Aaaaaah ! !!!”

Yanmei is all scream as you all drunkenly play Jenga in Baekhyun’s suite.

“It’s gonna fall, be careful babe!!!”

Jongdae’s arms are extended wide as if it’s gonna help not make the large blocks fall. Chanyeol blowing the large Jenga blocks with his mouth air.

“You’re so dumb, Chanyeol!”

You say as you laugh at his effort. Hisako’s just silently giggling in one corner, sipping her glass of wine.

“All of you are dumb!”

Baekhyun teases, pouring more wine on his glass.

As Yanmei pulls the single brick she was working on, the rest fell and Jongdae blocks it so that Yanmei won’t get hit by the avalanche of wooden blocks.

“FUUUUUUU—”

Before Yanmei can even curse out loud, Jongdae crashes his lips on his girlfriend’s open mouth, making you smile wide. You feel Baekhyun’s nimble finger caress your cheeks and you crane your attention to his face. He beams at you lovingly when you glanced at him.

“What?”

You whisper to him, making sure only the two of you can hear. Chanyeol’s laughter, Yanmei’s whining, and the background music are loud enough, you’re sure only Baekhyun heard your little murmur.

“Nothing, you’re just really beautiful.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter