Nine

DIAMOND (CEO AU Baekhyun Series)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
A/N: THIS IS A WHOLE 6317 WORDS LOL. I hope you all survive. I still have a lot of plan for this Wedding Reception, it's still not done so please anticipate CH10. It was getting really long. Longer than I wanted to write so I have to stop here.

 

 

 

 

When both Hisako and Yanmei were about to pay for their dresses, the lady at the counter told them that it was already taken care of, they just needed to know their measurements for any altering and they will be delivered to the address you provided along with your own dress. Both your friends looked at you in question and all you can do is shrug your shoulders up.

“I was with you the whole time you were choosing your dresses, I didn’t pay for them.”

You raise both your hands up in a surrendering motion. Hisako immediately storms to where the three guys are, behind her was Yanmei who is equally fuming as Hisako. You followed the both of them just in case a war suddenly broke out in this store.

“Who paid for our dresses?!”

Hisako admonishes suddenly, making Chanyeol, Jongdae, and Baekhyun crack their necks in her direction.

“I paid for yours.”

Chanyeol said nonchalantly.

“And I paid for Yanmei’s.”

Jongdae pouts cutely, instantly making Yanmei’s heart melt in a puddle of useless softened butter on the floor.

“Why would you do that?”

Yanmei pouts too. Jongdae stood up from the store couch to embrace her with comfort and love.

“Because I wanted to.”

Jongdae whispers to Yanmei and gives her forehead a warm kiss that makes her close her eyes.

“I’m a lawyer, Chanyeol. I can pay for my own dress. I don’t need a man to do that for me.”

Hisako fumes, ignoring the sickly sweet activity happening beside her.

“I didn’t ask for your job description, Hisako. And besides, I asked you to me to Minseok Hyung’s wedding, I should buy you the dress. It’s common practice for Koreans.”

“I’m not Korean.”

Hisako counters.

“But I am. And you’re in Seoul. And you are my date for that wedding, just accept the damn dress for God’s sake.”

Hisako was immediately shut up by Chanyeol’s argument. He was right anyway, but you know in the back of your mind that Hisako won’t let this slide. She will find a way to pay Chanyeol the money back. She may or may not use legality here since she’s a lawyer.

“I’m a pre-school teacher, Jongdae. I can pay for my own dress. I don’t need a man to do that for me.”

Yanmei imitates Hisako’s words in a joking manner, making everyone except Hisako to laugh. Hisako leers at Yanmei as she squints her eyes, threatening her silently.

“You can pay the next time we go out, Mei-mei, I promise.”

Jongdae said as he adores Yanmei’s humor, still holding each other in their arms like they’ve been married for a long time.

“You can pay the next time we go out, Hisa, I promise.”

It was Chanyeol’s turn to duplicate Jongdae this time and he clicks his tongue as he does so. Baekhyun was the one laughing hysterically now with Chanyeol’s antics. Hisako turns back to you, he eyes desperately asking for a backup from you.

“Alright, Children! Settle down. Let’s not bully Hisako anymore, okay?”

You clap your hands three times to get their attention. Hisako silently thanked you with her eyes and crosses her arms over her chest as she looks back at Chanyeol with annoyance.

“I’m hungry!”

Yanmei suddenly whines.

“Me too.”

Jongdae coos at her, his undivided attention still on her. It’s always been on her since they slept together in The Bahamas three weeks ago. They’ve been in the honeymoon period since then.

“Let’s go eat then before jeonbokjuk Halmeoni closes her restaurant. Her jeonbokjuk sell like hotcakes!!!”

 

~~~

 

“How do I look?”

Hisako asks as she steps out of your walk-in closet. Yanmei’s jaw drops the moment she glances at Hisako.

“Oh my gosh you’re so lovely, babe! Chanyeol will definitely salivate when he sees you!”

Yanmei compliments as her eyes twinkle in adoration. Hisako examines her overall look in front of the full-sized mirror, her face is contorted with worry. She’s the one who acted like this wedding meant nothing in the past few days, yet she’s the one who looks tensed right now.

“What does her dress looks like?”

Sunmi asks no one in particular, her curiosity seems so innocent even though she cannot see. Her condition doesn’t seem to affect her in any way, she’s still the pure little sister you always know to be.

“It’s a long blush pink, short-sleeved vintage dress. And she looks stunning!”

Yanmei describes Hisako’s dress as the team of Makeup artists and Hairstylists works their magic on the both of them. You and Hisako are already done, you only need to wear your matching pumps with your girlfriends.

“I’m sure Chanyeol Oppa will find you beautiful, Hisako eonni!”

Sunmi smiles warmly as she carefully grips the hem of her light peach A-line cocktail dress that your mother choose for her. She looks wonderful, as usual.

“Thank you, Sunmi. But I don’t need to impress him.”

Hisako slightly scoffs defensively.

“Then why are you so nervous?”

Yanmei teases.

“I’m not!!!”

“It’s okay to be nervous, Hisako eonni. Chanyeol Oppa makes me nervous sometimes too. His deep voice is kinda scary.”

Sunmi giggles that made Hisako relax a little bit and laugh along.

“I’m just a little anxious because I kinda hate weddings. I’m kind of traumatized by all the divorce I take care at work.”

“Is that why you’re still single?”

Yanmei teases again and Sunmi giggles for the second time.

“I’ve never had a boyfriend.”

Sunmi blurts out, out of the blue.

“Oh… I thought the guy you’re always with is your boyfriend…”

Hisako trails off.

“You mean Yixing Oppa? Oh— He—he’s not my b—boyfriend…”

Sunmi suddenly lost confidence and became a stuttering mess.

“Ooooh, but you like him!!!”

Yanmei now teases Sunmi. This seriously loves teasing all of you.

“N—No… I— No… Is—is it obvious?”

Sunmi now frowns and Yanmei suddenly felt bad. She looked at you and you immediately stood up from the couch of your room to run up next to your sister.

“Hey, baby it’s okay. Do you like Yixing?”

“I—Yeah I kinda do eonni.”

Sunmi tightens her grip on you. Yanmei mouths an ‘I’m sorry’ to you and you wink at her in understanding.

“I’m so sorry Sunmi-yah…”

Yanmei apologizes as she squeezes Sunmi’s shoulder.

“It’s okay, Mei-mei eonni.”

Sunmi sniffs before continuing her venting.

“It’s just that he has always been there for me since I was in 6th grade. A girl in my class was being mean to me one day and Yixing scared her off for me. I heard he was this upperclassman who’s really quiet but passionate about school and his dancing. Turns out he was actually friends with Seungmin and Sehun Oppa and he stuck with me like glue since then.”

None of you talk and just let her vent out everything. The team of stylists thankfully are gone now since they are done with their job.

“But when I started high school and he graduated, we kind of drifted apart for a while. And then I found out he started dating a girl his age and that’s when I started getting weird feelings for him. I wanted to confess to him when he told me he broke up with his first girlfriend, but it took me months to finally have the courage to. But then he started dating another girl and that’s when he stopped seeing me again.”

“Oh, baby…”

Yanmei coos as she frowns after Sunmi was done talking.

“It was another whole year of not hanging out with him because he became busy with her. But they broke up eventually too and I’m just happy to be with him again. I hope he doesn’t start dating again soon, as selfish as that sounds, he’s the only one who makes me happy. And recently your return, Soojin eonni. But You and Baekhyun Oppa will get married sooner or later and you’ll leave home again to be with him.”

Sunmi added some more.

“Hmm, how about you confess to him tonight?”

You suggested. Suddenly a knock on the door startled all of you. Mia’s head pops out behind the door seconds later.

“Your mother wants to see all of you girls.”

“Of course, Mia. Let her in.”

Mia smiles as she pushes the door wide open. Your mother is beside her and a butler behind them carrying four big velvet jewelry boxes. She walks straight to where you and Sunmi are and gave you both kisses on your cheeks.

“Good morning, Mrs. Lee.”

Both Hisako and Yanmei greeted your mother with a bow. She returns the bow with a sweet smile and a nod.

“You can place them on the bed. And leave us for a while.”

Your mother said to the butler and he nods his head once, setting the boxes on your bed. Once Mia and the butler are out the door, your mother stride to your bedside and grab the first box with Yanmei’s name engraved on it.

“Yanmei, dear this is for you.”

Your mother smiles as she looks Yanmei’s way. Yanmei immediately stood up from the makeup chair and ran up to her. Your mother handed the box to Yanmei and grabs the second box with Sunmi’s name on it and some braille below her written name.

“Honey, can you please give this to your sister?”

She said to you and you took it from her, placing the box carefully on Sunmi’s lap. Sunmi grips the velvet box carefully, she touched the braille part and immediately smile when she read her name.

“It’s my name, Eomma!”

Sunmi beams and keeps on touching her name in braille.

The next box your mother grabs have Hisako’s name on it and you motion for Hisako to go up to your mother. The last box has your name on it and you gladly took the thing from her, setting it on your lap when your mother made you sit down on the edge of your bed.

“You all look so lovely, girls.”

The four of you chorus in thanking her.

“What is this eomma?”

Sunmi asks the ray of sunshine in her smile never leaving.

“Just a small gift I prepared. You can open them now.”

The four of you opens the box and both Yanmei and Hisako gasp in surprise.

“W—what is it?”

Sunmi touched her opened box.

“Oh!”

She shrieks slightly.

“I—I cannot accept this Mrs. Lee. I—”

“Shhh…”

You mother shushes Yanmei and she instantly shuts into a thin line.

“That’s nothing compared to what you have done for Soojinnie. Think of it as a first thank you gift.”

“F—first thank you gift?”

Hisako stutters.

“Yes. I’m planning on spoiling you girls with gifts. You all deserve it.”

Your mother claps her hand once as a single tear escapes her left eye. She wipes her eye right away and sniffs dramatically. You can only sour your face up watching your mother silently cry.

“Mother, why are you not dressed for the wedding?”

You ask her when she was done putting the necklace and matching earrings on all of you. Your mother gave the four of you similar diamond jewelry with different cuts. Yours is teardrops, Sunmi’s got the heart cut, Yanmei’s is a classic round and Hisako got the oval.

Your mother also said that Soojung got a similar pair in Marquise cut and it was delivered to her room. Soojung wouldn’t be able to attend the wedding because of an equestrian competition she signed up for. She will however join you for the reception.

You haven’t talked to Soojung since getting back home because she was busy with her last year of university and her extra activities and hobbies. But you have exchanged numbers last week when you were about to get out with Baekhyun for lunch and she was just about to go up to her room coming from her training for the said competition.

“Your father and I wouldn’t be able to attend Minseok’s wedding. We need to go back to Japan to fix the same problems we had last week. Your father is doing everything so he can pass the company to you in a perfect condition.”

Your mother explains as she caresses your face lovingly with her thumb.

“We’ve already talked to Minseok and gifts are already sent to the couple in advance so you don’t need to worry about anything anymore.”

She added as she stood up from her position on the bed beside you.

“I should leave you all now, I have a flight to catch. Your father is waiting for me now I’m sure.”

 

~~~

 

All of them were correct, Chanyeol was completely smitten by Hisako’s charm when all the boys arrived to pick you all up. Chanyeol’s jaw drops the moment he laid eyes on Hisako. All the boys were actually amazed by your transformation, except for Baekhyun. You thought he was already used to you all dolled up for all the events you went to with him.

Yixing and Baekhyun arrived with their drivers while Chanyeol and Jongdae came driving their own cars. Sunmi never likes riding on the passenger side anymore as she was slightly traumatized by the accident that caused her blindness, just as much as you. She can only endure riding the passenger seat when it’s Yixing’s Birthday when they would go on a joy ride all throughout the day.

“Why are you still using braille, Mimi-yah? It’s 2017 and Audiobooks are a thing.”

Baekhyun teases as Sunmi clutches her braille book protectively.

“Yixing Oppa helped me learn to read braille and he bought me a lot of books, of course, I need to read them all.”

Sunmi frowns cutely.

“I’m just teasing you Mimi-yah!”

Baekhyun regresses his teasing and Sunmi beams up.

“I know”

Sunmi giggles which made Yixing smile down at her adoringly. You can tell Yixing feels the same way, if not more, for your sister. She needs to confess to him now before she loses him again to another woman. But you doubt Yixing will hurt your sister like that. Maybe he realized along the way that he loves and truly cares for her.

~~~

The moment you and arrived at the wedding location, set in a preserved Joseon era palace that was closed for the day from tourists, Baekhyun was immediately greeted and welcomed with hugs and playful punches from familiar and unfamiliar faces. Sehun and Jongin hug you the second they saw you exit the c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter