Twelve

DIAMOND (CEO AU Baekhyun Series)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You wake up to a voice of a female softly calling for your name. You stretch your arms and legs and frisks your hands to the spot beside you. It was empty. Empty of the man you were with the night before. You finally open your eyes, hoping that Baekhyun is standing somewhere in the room. Wishing that what happened last night was not a dream.

You found Mia standing beside the open door with a welcoming face. You push the heavy duvet down to find out that you’re still wearing the robe and your underwear beneath it. You inhaled and exhaled heavily your disappointment growing and along a headache with it. , why did you drink too much Champagne last night? Champagne hangovers are the worst!

“What time is it, Mia?”

You ask as you cradle your throbbing brain, trying to relieve some tension by massaging your temples with your fingers. The clock is literally just at the bedside, but you’re too hungover to function properly.

“It’s only 8:02 AM, Soojin-ssi. You still have time freshen up before breakfast with the newlyweds.”

, Minseok did mention about breakfast last night. And where the hell is Baekhyun, why didn’t he wake you up? Did he even sleep here beside you last night? Was it really just a dream?

“Where’s Baekhyun?”

You ask Mia who is now pushing a rack of clothes near the bed. The tiny rack is full of flowy summer dresses with different brightly colored prints of flowers and shapes for you to choose from.

“He’s already on his way downstairs to meet everyone for breakfast. He told me to wake you up and give you this...”

Mia answers as she slides a bottle of ibuprofen and a little folded note on the bedside table. You look at it for a while, silently thanking Baekhyun in your mind for the ibuprofen. But why would he leave a note when he could have just woken you up himself. ‘Ugh, he’s so weird,’ you thought to yourself while standing up from bed with a loud yawn as you extend your arms again for another stretch.

“Thank you, Mia.”

Grabbing the items, you stood up and locked yourself in the bathroom. You set the note and the bottle of drugs down on the bathroom sink top to look at yourself in the mirror. ‘, I look like .’, you whisper to yourself as you grab Baekhyun’s note again to read it.

You probably will have a hangover, so here’s some ibuprofen. Sorry about your neck.

-B.B.H

Wait, what happened to your neck? You crane your neck left and right to check if you have a stiff neck. But you didn’t, that’s weird. When you accidentally looked in the mirror again, you see a tiny purple-looking spot on the skin of your neck that wasn’t covered by the cotton material of the robe you are wearing. You immediately pull the tie around your waist, wringing open the robe to find more purple and some reddish-brown bruises scattered around not just your neck, but also your collarbone and shoulders.

“M—MIA!!!”

You scream out loud, panic rises from your feet, that was bare on the cold marble flooring of the bathroom, up to your spine. A rush of dread spreads around your body, heightening your already pulsating head.

“Soojin-ssi, what happened?!?! Are you okay?!?!”

Mia keeps frantically knocking on the bathroom door; alarm is obvious in her voice. Her furious beating on the door only stopped when you unlocked the knob and she pushes her way in. Finding you with flushed cheeks and your hand gently tracing the bruises on your chest.

“I— What…”

Mia was lost for words when she sees you look fine and unharmed. She touches your arms for you to wake up from what’s bothering you.

“Mia, how— How do I cover these?”

You left your mouth hanging open. Mia closes her eyes in relief as she sighs out, slumping her tensed shoulders down finally.

“I thought you slipped, or something. Please don’t scare me like that again, Soojin-ssi.”

“I obviously can’t wear a turtleneck in the middle of summer, can I?”

You ignored what she said. You heard Mia giggle a little bit and she tucks a few strands of hair behind your ears that were equally as red as your whole face. You almost look like a tomato with how flustered you are because of the hickeys you have.

“Go shower now, Soojin-ssi. Good thing I brought my makeup kit with me today.”

Mia smiled at you in a sisterly manner and pushes for you to go take a shower to start your day.

After your quick ablution, Mia fixed you up as if Baekhyun ruined you. Well, maybe he did ruin you physically, but the sweet gesture behind the bottle of ibuprofen was enough to appease your tensions about the ugly blotches he left on your skin.

Mia brushed your hair, put it up in a nice ponytail, teased and curl the end making it bounce beautifully when you move your head. Mia then focused her attention on your hickeys and pulls out three different kinds of color correctors and some concealers in her makeup pouch.

You look in the mirror, your mouth wide open with a happy grin. Mia is definitely a life-saver, she saved you from embarrassing teasings you know you will get from Baekhyun friends if they saw the bruises Baekhyun marked on your skin. Especially Sehun, that annoying scourge!

With the last touch, Mia finally settles inside a pouch the makeup brush she used to apply the translucent powder over the light layer of tinted moisturizer on your face. You wonder what Mia can’t do because she’s really good at everything and doesn’t fail to help you with.

“Mia, oh my gosh, Mia! It’s—It’s like the hickeys weren't there in the first place!”

You gently brush your fingers over your skin, careful not to wipe the makeup off.

“You’re so good!”

You added and Mia smiles shyly and the apples of her cheeks flushed lightly.

“Thank you. I learned to cover bruises when I was taking self-defense classes in college. My girlfriends and I would all go home purple from all the accidental hits we caused ourselves.”

Mia giggles slightly at the memory of her not so distant youth. She’s not even that much older than your brother, yet the way she stands, walk and act gives off that mature aura on her.

“Wow, I didn’t know you took self-defense classes. That’s awesome.”

Mia smiled sweetly again as she starts packing her stuff back to a bag.

“Mia, how do I look? Do I look hungover?”

You ask Mia as you face her while you smoothen the white linen with black printed flowers sundress you chose. This particular dress was highly suggested by Mia herself since it’s super lightweight and will help you stay cool since it’s already hot out, but the semi-low neckline discouraged you. Mia assured you that she will cover your hickeys very well, and she did.

“Do you feel hungover?”

She asks back.

“Well, thanks to the ibuprofen, I feel a lot better now.”

“You look fantastic, Soojin-ssi. Should we go down now for your breakfast with the newlyweds?”

You beam up at her as you nod your head enthusiastically. You can feel this is going to be an awesome day.

~~~

The private breakfast on the rooftop garden of the Byun Hotel went really well. It was, as expected, f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter