Seven

DIAMOND (CEO AU Baekhyun Series)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was definitely one of the most awkward Lunches you’ve ever taken with anyone, ever. Thankfully though Baekhyun and Yixing did all the talking to spare you and Sunmi the tedious job. It shouldn’t be that bad considering that the two of you are sisters, but it has been 10 years since you last spoke. She never blames you for her condition because your parents berated you enough about it back then. Even after waking up from a 2-day coma, you can feel their accusations with the way they treated you.

The only constant person who was by your side through your recovery was your older brother and your aunt, who has been long gone. You wish she was still alive to this day so that you can properly thank her for her love and care.

Sunmi cried the day you left home. She kept asking for you to be beside her even after years of being exiled. You know this because your brother updates you every day then.

Baekhyun and Yixing are talking about someone’s wedding happening next week, you forgot who it was because you’re trying to concentrate really hard not to have a panic attack as you pretend to eat the meal that was served in front of you.

“Soojin-ssi…”

You heard Baekhyun calls for you. The slight irritation in his voice woke you from your thoughts.

“What?”

“I said, I need to take you shopping for something to wear for the wedding.”

“Wedding? What wedding?”

“We’re expected to attend that wedding together, you have no choice either way.”

“Oh.”

“Baekhyun Oppa…”

Sunmi softly interjects. You can almost hear Baekhyun’s neck crack when he suddenly cranes his head in Sunmi’s direction. He immediately smiles sweetly as if she can see him.

“Yes, Mimi-ya?”

“Can I ask you something?”

“Sure, anything.”

“W—why do you…”

Sunmi trails off and Baek lightly pats her forearm with his left hand to continue.

“Why do you sound like that when you talk to my eonni?”

“How do I sound like?”

Baekhyun asks.

“Like you’re holding back anger…”

Baekhyun freezes with how straightforward Sunmi was with her answer.

“I— What do you mean? I—'m not holding back ang—”

Baekhyun was so flustered all you can do is puff out a scoff.

“Stop it, Baekhyun. Don’t lie to my sister like that. Let’s stop pretending already.”

Baekhyun instantly drops the chopsticks he was holding on his right hand with what you said.

“Excuse me?”

The look he gave you almost scared you. It felt like he wanted to hit you or something.

“Sunmi, I guess you already know that Baekhyun and I are engaged right?”

Sunmi nods her head.

“Yes, mom told me.”

“And I found that out only days after I got back from America. And I found out about my engagement along with hundreds of other people. No love revolves around this at all, so please get used to the way Baekhyun and I talk to each other.”

All of them are lost for words. You don’t expect them to talk anyway after that.

“And you can’t tell the elders what happened here. They didn’t know Baekhyun treats me like .”

“Treat you like ? Wow!”

Baekhyun urgently stood up from his chair, the base of it dragged on the concrete below him.

“Look who’s talking here. You’re the one who is treating me like , Soojin-ssi.”

He put emphasis on the way he mentions your name.

“How do I treat you like , Baekhyun-ssi? All I did was cooperate and endure with your bullcrap.”

You put emphasis on his name too, to mock him. You saw in the corner of your eyes Sunmi reaching her hands to Yixing as she shakes slightly with unease.

“I— You know what, you’re really frustrating! I was having a good time just now and you always have to ruin my mood. ALWAYS!”

It was now your time to stand up from your chair and throw the table napkin on your lap to the plate.

“I’m glad to always ruin your mood, you deserve that at least. Sunmi, we should catch up later. I really missed you a lot. But for now, I have to get away from him.”

“I’m—I’m sorry, Eonni. Please don’t go.”

The tears are starting to form on the sides of her eyes and Yixing was quick to dry them with his attractive and nimble fingers. Strangely, he and Baekhyun have similar pretty-looking hands. But Baekhyun pisses you off so you don’t really think about it that much.

“You have nothing to be sorry about. I will talk to you later.”

As you were walking away, Baekhyun suddenly captures your wrist and pull you roughly in the direction of the garden’s labyrinth. You squirm and writhe for freedom from his grip, but his hold on you is solid. He may look weak and flimsy sometimes, but he’s nothing like that at all.

“What the hell, Baekhyun! Let me go!”

You finally wail when you’re far away from your sister’s range of hearing and you’re both behind a really tall hedge of the garden maze.

As you were pulling your hand away from Baekhyun’s grip, he suddenly let go and you hit your arm on the twigs of the hedge, scraping your skin and it almost immediately star

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter