Six

DIAMOND (CEO AU Baekhyun Series)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was definitely awkward for the rest of the vacation. You and Baekhyun completely just ignored each other and pretended as if you didn’t exist in each other's worlds. Your friends just winged it with your stubbornness and acted as if there wasn’t any silent strife with the both of you happening right in front of them.

You convinced Yanmei and Hisako to go back with you in Seoul. It was an easier decision for Yanmei since it’s summer vacation and it was the last year of her contract in the school she was working on. She was still thinking about if she wants to re-sign in that daycare or if she’s gonna focus on her specialty in SPED.

Hisako, on the other hand, needed more convincing since she was a lawyer, thankfully her firm allowed another month-long vacation since she never, ever takes breaks. And everything falls into place and her next hearing for a divorce she was working on won’t be until next month.

Of course, Jongdae was ecstatic when he found out that Yanmei will go back home with them. Sehun and Jongin said that this is the first time Jongdae is actually invested his time and effort with a girl. Usually, Jongdae is always seen with different women every day. They haven’t seen him this lovesick since getting his first puppy when they were younger.

You internally smirk thinking that Yanmei’s charm really got into Jongdae. Your plans are working really well for you.

“Holy ing , I didn’t know you were this rich. Can you please adopt me?”

Yanmei’s jaw is on the floor as the three of you are walking along your mother’s garden on your father’s property. Hisako rolls her eyes and smiled at what Yanmei said, touching the flowers near her.

“You’re unadoptable, . You’re too old now,”

You snickered and Yanmei faked a disappointed frown.

“Dammit!”

Yanmei chuckles as she nudges you suddenly pointing at something from afar.

“Who is that?”

You looked to where she was pointing at and you saw your sister, Sunmi, with an unknown guy guiding her as they stroll along the property too.

“, that’s my sister.”

“T–the blind one?”

Hisako asks with worry on her face.

“Yes.”

You swallow the lump that forms in your throat and immediately your anxiety heightened. Your breathing suddenly became erratic and you cannot help but squat on the grass, holding on to Yanmei’s ankle for support.

“Oh my gosh Sooj, breathe.”

Hisako instantly drops on the grass beside you, hugging and rubbing your back for comfort.

“Sooj, are you okay. Oh my gosh, oh my gosh!”

Yanmei panics.

“Of course she’s not okay! Stand her up, let’s take her inside.”

The last thing you remembered was Yanmei’s panic-stricken face while you’re being carried up to your room.

~~~

You wake up to Yanmei pacing around your room as Jongdae follows her around like a lost puppy and Hisako, Baekhyun and Chanyeol sitting on the couch in your bedroom. Baekhyun and Chanyeol were swiping through their phones while Hisako follows Yanmei and Jongdae’s pacing around with her eyes. You can feel the panic in your best friends’ aura.

“She’s awake!”

You heard Mia announce and every single soul’s neck in your bedroom craned to your direction. Yanmei and Hisako urgently ran to your side as they bombard you with questions.

“Are you okay?”

“Do you feel better now?

“How do you feel?”

“Do you need water?”

“How about food?”

You giggle as you prop yourself up with both your arms.

“Guys, I’m fine. Thank you for your concern.

“Do you need me to run you a bath or something?

“Yanmei offers silently.

“Really, you don’t need to do this. I’m fine.”

You pretended to shoo them away as you sat up, your feet dangling from your bed.

“I guess you three are here to witness my death?”

You joked and Chanyeol actually laughed. Baekhyun scoffs and he returns his gaze on his phone. You and the boys got pretty close because of the vacation and as much as you hate to admit it, your cousin, Sehun, is actually a pretty okay person after all. He finally matured by five percent since you last saw him 10 years ago.

“I was actually ready to take a snap, but I guess it won’t happen soon.”

Chanyeol jokes back and sticks his tongue out to you.

“Wait, what happened? How did I get here?”

You ask no one in particular and Baekhyun suddenly stood up from his sitting position.

“I’m leaving now.”

He an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter