Fifteen (FOR REAL)

DIAMOND (CEO AU Baekhyun Series)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Finally decided to change the POV to third person. I will be editing the previous chapters as well.

 

 

 

 

 

It didn’t take much to convince Hisako to take the job. She knows she would be lonely if two of her best friends will suddenly be gone just like that after years of being roommates together. They promised each other that they will never part. At least until they were married to their chosen spouses. Lucky enough they stayed true to their pact through the opportunities presented to them from the trip they took.

Soojin was elated when Hisako agreed immediately to move to Seoul for the job offer, she was especially happy because her father never doubted her trust with her best friend, it’s like the dragon is already taming with age. He only heard good words from Mia about Soojin’s friends, and not to mention Hisako’s promising résumé. That’s probably what convinced him to hire Hisako.

“Lee Sajangnim agreed to hire Hisako… Just like that?”

Jongdae questions as he stuff food inside his mouth. Even he was weirded out that the draconian CEO just complied without second thoughts.

“I know it’s weird, but my father was probably impressed too. Hisako’s CV is not a joke. She won her first major case a few years ago and it made so much noise she became in demand. Especially with corporate cases. Her egotistical male colleagues were shaking in their boots when she became the number one lawyer in her state. And in less than three years after passing the board at that!”

Soojin brags, her half-eaten lunch forgotten while talking about her best friend.

“I’m sure Chanyeol will be happy when he finds out.”

Baekhyun snides. One side of his lips curled up suggestively.

“What does that mean?”

Soojin asks forehead creased not understanding the meaning behind her fiancé’s not-so vague words.

“Oh Soojinnie, don’t you feel the tension when they’re together?”

Sehun interjects.

“What tension? My Hisako and... Chanyeol?” Soojin laughs, a very loud and boisterous one at that. “She would never. She’s too smart for him.”

Soojin keeps shaking her head with a condescending smile on her face.

“You won’t believe how a woman would dumb herself down for a man.”

Baekhyun insisted.

“Yeah, just like you and Soojin. Right, hyung?”

Sehun deadpans and Jongdae almost spits out the water he was drinking.

“ off, Sehun!”

Baekhyun curses while Jongdae keeps laughing as he wipes off the spilled water on his chin and shirt.

“Shut up Jongdae, as if Yanmei didn’t sink herself down to your level.”

Baekhyun fires.

“Hey!!!”

Jongdae throws his napkin at Baekhyun and he dodged it expertly. Making Sehun laugh nonstop with his older friend’s dumbness. These chaebols are supposed to be sharp grown men, yet they act like they’re a bunch of twelve-year-olds in private.

~~~

Everything was set for Hisako and Yanmei. A fully furnished apartment they would be sharing together, that Soojin picked herself. Their working visas and everything else was arranged by the Lee’s and the Byun’s already. Soojin’s father even gifted Hisako her own car that she can use at her expense. Yanmei’s working arrangements were done by Kim Junmyeon’s team and all she has to do next is show up for work for the incoming school year.

Everything was falling into place, and going according to plan.

Yanmei was planning on saving up for a year so she can take her sister to live with her in Seoul where she can get the best education she deserves in Junmyeon’s academy. Their parents can finally retire and go back home to the mainland. She knew of the silent conversations her parents have of the future they wanted and she can finally make it happen for them. Her parent’s happiness is her happiness as well.

Hisako, on the other hand, was just being carefree. She’s finally leaving that hell of a place where she regularly has to thrive and work hard triple time just so those beta males she calls her coworkers can’t mandate her on how to do her job just like before when she was starting. Finally left the place where she was constantly reminded of her ex-boyfriend who obviously wasn’t the one for her.

The more her friends were getting closer and closer to the life they always wanted, Soojin, on the other hand, was in the complete opposite of the scope.

Her current life revolves around the office, learning everything she has to know about the company she’ll be forced to carry on her shoulders. By weekends, she would be too tired to do anything other than just sleep.

She wasn’t raised to be the heir, yet here she was rising before the sun does and only be able to get a few hours of sleep on a good day. She should have a choice, but the reality is she doesn’t.

Sometimes, she would think about her brother and would get angry at him. Get angry because this was supposed to be him in her position. He was supposed to be the one handling the family business.

Experiencing the weight of the responsibility, she can understand why Seungmin would give up easily. Soojin knew her brother doesn’t have the support system she has with her two best friends, and now Baekhyun in addition.

“Are you really just going to sleep all day again tomorrow?”

Yanmei interrogated as she keeps poking her sleeping friend on her side. Soojin, face planted on her bed, doesn’t flinch and just groaned out a response.

“Come one, Sooj! We just arrived today, we have to go out and have fun tomorrow before Monday rolls in again and I start my first day in your company.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter