[Serendipity Part 1]

The Center of The Heart

Serendipity: Trouble Hearts

 

Sunday morning came along, Jihyo was waiting for Jungkook at their town’s library. Of course, in her hands are the third book from her favorite author, she was so engrossed in each and every pages that she didn’t even noticed Jungkook who are already settled down next to her.

“Is this his new book?”

The voice out of nowhere startled Jihyo, she jumped a bit when Jungkook blew some air to her face. “Ya!” she yelped and smacked him with the book in her hand. “You almost gave me a heart attack dummy,” she whispered to him.

“I hope I did.” Jungkook mumbled, then opened a gentle smile.

“Huh? What did you say?” Jihyo turned her head at him.

“Nothing~”

Jungkook stared at Jihyo admiring the book, he was amused with the way Jihyo treating the book like sacred treasure. He reached his hand over to her and pulled the book away, knowing that would bother Jihyo but he did that anyway. Then he flipped through the pages, “What so good about his books anyway?” he asked, looking at Jihyo direction.

Jihyo pursed her lips, “It just amazing! You should try to read too!” she quickly grabbed the book back.

“I guess, I can try.” Jungkook tilted his head.

They both took out their chemistry homework and some worksheets out for their quizzes tomorrow. There was an awkward silence, since Jihyo tried to read the textbook and Jungkook kept glanced over his shoulder and resting his gaze on her. [Is she not really into me?] he thought to himself, he slightly pout, he knew if it was the other girls from school, they would be head over heels for him. However, it not the same case with Jihyo, the girl is oblivious to everything. He sighed out loud then stretched his arms outward, and accidentally dropped his notebook. It caught Jihyo attention, she bent down as the same time as Jungkook and they smacked their head together.

“Ouchie” Jihyo cried

“That’s hurt haha, are you okay?” Jungkook pat her head and snickered a bit.

Jihyo looked up to Jungkook, her big gorgeous eyes blinked, the rows of lashes made Jungkook blushed a bit. Their faces were only few inches away. It startled Jihyo, she immediately leaned backward, “Sorry,” she mumbled.

With his hand still ruffled her head, Jungkook smiled “No worry” he saw Jihyo reaction, and it made him felt giddy inside. “Why are you back away in a flash, am I that terrify looking to you?” he . Jihyo covered her face with her hair, she shook her head and said, “No, it just our faces were too close. I never been that close with another dude before, beside Taehyung and my cousin.”

Jungkook smirked, “Well, now you will get use to me, since we are friend now.” he said with a mischievous tone. Jihyo peeked her one of her eye out and gave him a slight ‘Hmph’ pout.

All of slight reactions from Jihyo really made Jungkook’s heart going crazy, her mannerism, her shyness, and her oblivious to his feeling are killing him, but all of those made him determined to get even closer to her.

During the study, Jungkook would secretly glanced at her, smiled then went back to do his works. Sometimes he would pretend to not understand a problem and just asked Jihyo, so she could help him. Jungkook knows he is a sly fox, but he did it to get her attention anyway.

“Ahhh~ we finally done!” Jihyo reached both of her arms to the back and attempted to stretch. Jungkook copied her, and then gave out a long yawn.

“I didn’t think it would take us this long, it already 2:37 PM” She leaned on the table and checked her watch.

“Sorry, I didn’t get most of the problems we got.” Jungkook lied

Jihyo stared at him in disbelief, but didn’t say anything more. “I guess we are done for today, let’s head home.” She said, started to put her stuffs in her bag.

After Jihyo finished her sentence, Jungkook’s face dropped. He didn’t want to leave yet, he wanted to spend more time with Jihyo. “Hey, do you want to see my Judo class? I have a practice in an hour, then I can walk you h- home after, if you want to.” He blurted out. Jihyo turned her head and locked eye contact with Jungkook. She tilted her head and thought about it a bit, “Yeah, sure, I’ve never see Judo class before, it would be interesting.” she added.

They both headed to Jungkook’s practice gym’s locker area, “Wait here, I will go get change.” Jihyo nodded, as Jungkook rushed quickly inside. While waiting for him, she pulled out her book and flipped to the bookmark and started to read the part where she left off earlier. As she emerged herself in the story, she didn’t noticed a few pairs of eye were on her, some whispers and inaudibles can be heard.

“Again? You and that book.” Jungkook appeared out of nowhere, he leaned one of his arm next to Jihyo.

“Sorry!” Jihyo closed her book and gave him the ‘Oops’ face.

The brown haired boy smiled, showed his bunny teeth. He then grabbed on her hand and pulled her along, “The practice room is this way, I will show you around, we still some times left.” he said, while pointing his index finger to the front.  He showed her round the Judo area, Jihyo was amaze at everything she saw, she was interested in the new stuffs.

“JUNGKOOK! IT MEETING TIME!” A loud male shouted at Jungkook, “Sit here, and watch me,” he playfully winked at Jihyo. She was stunned, [He is really Mr. Playboy] she thought to herself. She settled down on a bench nearby and watch Jungkook and his Judo mates. The practice began, Jihyo watched everyone get paired up and do their judo routine, but of course her eyes were focused on Jungkook. She was mesmerizing with how different Jungkook look when he is with her, with his friends, with her friends and with Judo. She found him somewhat attractive when he is so immersed with judo, he looks very happy when he is practicing. There was some point Jihyo and Jungkook made eye contact, she smiled and did the ‘hwaiting’ gesture, and the serious Jungkook immediately flashed her a big smile. She can feel a big blood rushed to her face, but she tried to suppress it, because she didn’t want people to see how red her face can be.

After a couple hours, the practice was finished, Jungkook swiftly headed straight to Jihyo direction. They waved at each other, then a blonde hair girl popped out of nowhere and stopped him.

“Here Jungkook-oppa, your towel” She smiling brightly at him.

“Oh thanks Lisa, I gotta go.” He coldly said and brushed her off.

He speeded up to Jihyo and excitedly asked, “Did you enjoy it?” he flopped down next to her, wiped the sweat off of his forehead. “Yeah, it was interesting!” Jihyo answered him. “When you d--”

“Hey, who is this beautiful lady?” a soft voice cut Jihyo’s sentence.

A few more judo students surrounded the two, started to ask questions.

“Oh hey Lisa, this is Jihyo, my chemistry classmate.” Jungkook pointed at Jihyo.

“Are you sure you guys just friend?” A male voice chimed in, teasingly.

“What department are you from??” Another added

Jihyo was bombarded with question after question, and it somewhat made her uncomfortable, Jungkook noticed and held her hand and pulled her out of the room, “Alright you guys stop with all of the questions, we going home now, see ya’ll tomorrow.” He quickly grabbed his bag with another hand and dragged Jihyo with him out of the door.

“I think they are dating, she looks pretty cute.”

“Never see him with a girl before, they are must be a thing.”

“Alright guys, he said it was nothing, so they are just friend. So stop and let clean up the dojo.” Lisa opened a smile and shooed everyone away from the main door.

“Tsk..” She clicked her tongue. “This is bull .” She cursed

Jungkook and Jihyo finally got out of the school, “I’m sorry, they asked too many questions.” he said, sounded a bit irritated. “No, it’s okay! They were being friendly, that’s all, I don’t mind.” She laughed.

“Anyway, thank for coming with me today, I thought you going to be bored to dead.” Jungkook flashed Jihyo a biggest grin he can offer, and his two front teeth were showing.

“My pleasure, it was fun!” She said, “Here, you have something stuck on your head.” Jihyo on her tippy toe and picked a piece of something white off of his forehead. Her face was close, Jungkook can hear his own heart pounding hard.

“Hehe, all gone.” She smiled.

“Well, you can come to see the practice whenever you want.” He scratched the front part of his nose, tried not to made eye contact with her.

“For sure,” she smiled.


 

---------------------------------------------------------

 

Back at the house, Mina was still in her bed. She didn’t feel like doing anything that day. Only the music comforted her broken heart. Then her phone rang.

 

Taechan: Mina, want to play game?

Mina’sketchup: No, Tae-chan. I don’t feel good.

Taechan: Are you okay? Do you need anything?

Mina’sketchup: No, I’m good.

Taechan: … You are contradicting yourself.

Taechan: I will come to your house.

 

Mina dropped her phone on the bed, she wasn’t surprise when Taehyng said he was on his way. To Mina, Taehyung was always like that, so loving and always care for her and Jihyo, he is her best friend just like Jihyo.

 

Taechan: Here listen to this while you waiting.

Taechan: Taechan posted a link for you

 

Mina open the link, and a playlist of cheerful sounds played, it was the music box version all of her favorite songs. It made Mina smile a bit.

Then she heard some footsteps approached her room, “Hey! I got you ice-cream” Taehyung opened the door and said in a loud voice. Mina snickered at his silliness.

“Here, your favorite flavor.” He handed her a small container of ice cream.

Mina took it from Taehyung, “Thanks, Tae-chan” She said, sounded a bit upset.

Taehyung didn’t ask, he got sat closer to Mina, then wrapped his arm around her and pet her head. “I don’t know what happened, but it will get better, I will make sure you get better.” He comforted her, while her hair. “Thanks, Tae-chan.”

I like to say we gave it a try, I like to blame it on my life~” Taehyung began to sing one of Mina favorite song, ‘Almost is never enough’ he always sing this song to her whenever she feeling sad. Mina leaned her small body against Taehyung and just quietly listening to his voice.

Maybe I just weren’t right, but that’s a lie, that’s a lie.”

And I can deny it as much as I want, but in time my feeling will show~

“Tae-ah, it ‘we’ not I in the lyrics” Mina looked at him and tilted her head.

“Well right now it only me singing, so if you sing with me, it will become ‘we’” He grinned

“Cause sooner or later, we’ll wonder why we gave up, the truth is everyone knows.” Mina started to sing along, smiling from ear to ear.

Almost, almost is never enough. So close to be in love.” Their voices were harmonizing together, Taehyung always look at Mina while she sings, he loves it when she is happy. He loves to see her smile, he loves to be with her.

 

But she will never know...

 

♫~ If I would have know that you wanted me….

The way I wanted you, then maybe we wouldn't be two world apart.~♫



 

------------------------------------------------------------


 

YAY!!! A new chapter for COTH!!!

 

Sorry guys I have been busy to update! But I will try to make sure I update the story more often ^^

 

I have a mix emotion writing this chapter just because I’m not sure how I want to tie the future of these characters together.

 

But! I do know that there will be more YoongHyo and JiMina moments soon, because I want to give every ship a fair chance :D