[Butterflies Part 3]

The Center of The Heart

Butterflies: My feeling toward you.

 

It was a calming Saturday night, the city of Seoul was lit up with lights in every corner. There were business stores everywhere, and Kim Seokjin was spotted in front of one of the samgyeopsal restaurant. He greets one of the familiar face in the back of the place.

“Yo! Yoongi. Ya you are already eating without me?” Jin whined, walking closer to the young man with jet black hair.

“Aish… why you gotta be so loud?” Yoongi talked with foods still in his mouth, his brows knitted together as soon as he saw his best friend stepped in the shop.

Jin threw his caramel color coach on one of the seat, settled down and shouted out loud for one of the waitress. “Ajumma, can I have another soju bottle?” The old lady behind the bar’s counter gave him a nod.

“You are really loud hyung” Yoongi said with somewhat annoyed tone.

“Yah! It beens a while we hang out, stop complaining Min Yoongi.” Jin pointed his chopsticks at his friend and gave him a glare.

“We met couple days ago…” The younger one said back

“Still too long!” Jin stuffed one of the wrap into his mouth

“So Yoongi, are your really not going to have your book sign event?” He casually asked

“How do you know?” Yoongi cocked his eyebrow

“Your editor came to me crying ha ha, she said you being so difficult.”

“Chaeyoung came to cry to you? Oops” Yoongi looked outside the window and didn’t say more, from the beginning he didn’t want to show his face,he wanted to keep his identity private. Watched his friend’s trouble face, Jin sighs, he took off his glasses and placed it on the table.

“I mean, you can use a booth and cover your face, you know that… right?” Jin massaged his temples as he asked Yoongi.

“Urg.. I will think about it.” Yoongi’s groaned

Jin snickered then held up a soju glass up, “Cheer, author of the year.” Yoongi smirked, “You are so stupid Jin.” then held his glass up as well.

Then Jin suddenly said

“Also I have a good news to tell you…”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Mina-chan takes cover!”

“Ya! Jimin-ah where are you? We need you to defense!”

“I need healer!”

“On my way!”

“Holy ! Trap them!”

The noises from the five can be heard throughout the gaming room, their eyes were glued on their monitor while shouting at each other. The group decided to play OW, since they all play the same game. Of course, with all of them being competitive, they even made a ranked group just to satisfied their hunger for victory.

“Woohoo! We won” Jungkook did the thumbs up at his teammates, then take his headset off, “Imma go get some drink, what do you guys want?” he asked

“Banana milk”

“Strawberry milk”

“Green tea for me”

Jungkook looked over to Jihyo, waiting for her answer. “I will go with you, I want some snacks too.” She said, then stood up.

The two head out to the vending machine, while Jimin, Mina and Taehyung stayed behind and browsing the webs. Something caught Mina’s attention, she pulled out her phone and start snapping some photos. Taehyung and Jimin leaned over toward Mina and took a glance at her monitor, “Oh, Jihyo-chan favorite person going to have a signing event?” Taehyung raised both his eyebrows. The pink haired boy looked at his friend and asked, “Who?”

Mina pointed her finger on the screen and said, “Suga, he is Jihyo’s favorite author. This is rare though, because he never done a fansign event before. I gotta book the ticket for Jihyo-chan.” She quickly clicked her mouse and bought the ticket.

“When is it? Next 3 weeks?” Jimin glued his eyes on the screen. “Mina-ah are you not going with Jihyo?” He turned his head to Mina and asked.

“I would love to go to book event with Jihyo-chan, but in the next 3 weeks… you and I going to have a evaluation for our dance club remember?” Her brows made a knot, she slightly pouted.

Upon hearing what Mina said, Jimin realized that they both have a dance assignment for their club. Then, Mina turned to her left and pleaded to her childhood friend.

“Tae-chan, can you go with Jihyo-chan? I don’t want her to go by herself” Still had her pouting lips, Mina stared at Taehyung with her puppy face. Blood quickly rising up to his cheeks, Taehyung was weak, he is weak against Mina’s cuteness pouty lips.

“Araso, of course I will go with Jihyo-chan. Since you both are not coming, you two own Jihyo and I a movie night. Deal?”

“Deal” Jimin and Mina nodded.

“What take the two so long?” Jimin looked out the door.

----------------------------------------------------------------

“Hmmm banana milk, strawberry milk, tea and hmmm what do you want Jihyo?” Jungkook traced his finger down the list on the vending machine.

“I want americano” She said

“Well that’s make two” Jungkook grinned.

“Here” Jihyo tried to give him some of the money.

“It on me today, since you guys helped me got out of the meeting” He shaked his hand.

The light wavy haired girl sticked out her tongue, “Fine!” she said. Jungkook snickered at her cute gesture.

“OH MY GOD” Jihyo’s eyes widened, as she mouthed out the words.

Her loud baning voice made Jungkook flinched a bit, almost make him drop the drink. “What’s wrong?”

“My favorite author is going to have a fansign meeting! For the first time in forever! He never wants to show his face before!” She said excitedly, while her eyes still glue on the message Mina just sent her.

Jungkook tilted his head on the side, “Who is it? Your favorite author?” He asked, kinda irritated. Jihyo eyes sparkled, “He wrote these 2 books so far” I have been reading them since they came out! His new book is coming out soon too!” She looked way too happy, and it made Jungkook a bit upset, because he never seen her this happy before. But then again, they only hanging out and getting to know each other for a week. He faked a smile, but still quiet like the super happy Jihyo. She just looks super adorable in his eyes.

“Are you going?” He asked

“Of course! Mina-chan said it will be in 3 weeks from now” She had her big smile from ear to ear.

“Hmmm I want to go too, I never been at a fansign for book before” He said, sipping from his americano.

“If you want too. Tae-chan is going too” Jihyo smiled at Jungkook as cutest way as possible. And it made his heart throbbed a bit too much.

“Hey, we have a quiz for chemistry next week, do you want to study together at the library tomorrow?” Jungkook looked down on the pile of drinks in his arms, and asked.

“Sure, I was about to ask you if you want to study together.” Jihyo said, while grabbing some of the snacks from the vending machine.

Jungkook tried so hard to keep his calm demeanor, but inside he was secretly victory sign. After getting the things they need, they both headed back to the gaming room. Jihyo of course, hugged her sister, as soon as she see her. They talk about the fansign, while the boys keep playing their games.

The night quickly fall on them, they bid each other goodbye. Taehyung walked the girls home because it is on his way.

“Bye Tae-chan~” The girls wave at him.

“Sleep well! Don’t miss me too much” He said in teasing voice

Jihyo and Mina stuck out their tongue at him, “Mhm~ Sure we will” they said back

The girls quickly went inside their house, and surprised that their cousin, Kim Seokjin was there. He didn’t noticed the girls presence, he was busing conversated with their parent. Jihyo and Mina quietly closed the door behind them, and tried their best to sneak in so they can surprise their cousin.

“Omo, you are finally engaged with Chaeyoung-shi? Congrats my nephew!” Mr. Park exclaimed in happiness.

“Congratulation! Jin-kun” Mrs. Park (Mina’s mother) said

Jin scratched his head and smile shyly, “Thank you uncle and aunty. I couldn’t wait to tell you guys the news.”

Behind the living room's door, Mina was stunned. She could feel a little sharp pain in her chest, but she tried to fight against the pain.

“CONGRATS OPPA!!!” Jihyo bursted the door open and shouted at Jin, she ran to him and gave him a biggest hug.

Jin was surprised, but gave his little cousin a hug back anyway, he noticed Mina still by the door stared at him.

“Aren’t you gonna congrat me? Mina-chan?” He smiled and blew her a kiss.

“Of course not, congrat Jin-oppa” Mina slowly approached him and gave him a kiss on the cheek. “Really, congrats oppa.” She whispered in his ear.

“This is call for a celebration!” The girls dad said, “Next time you must bring Chaeyoung-shi for a family dinner!” he continued.

“Oppa you never let Chaeyoung-shii come over!” Jihyo cutely pouted at Jin.

“It because she is shy, but I promised next time I will take her over” He pinched her cheek.

As the family happily chatting, Mina can be spotted quiet. She usually a quiet girl, but this time it different.

“I suddenly don’t feel good, Imma head to bed now.” Mina slightly bowed and massaged her head.

The rest of the family looked worry, Jin then sweetly asked “Are you okay? You want oppa to take you upstair?”

“No, thank you oppa. I’m just a bit light hearted. But, congratulation on your engagement oppa.” She smiled at him then headed toward the hallway

The girls parent keep on chatting with Jin about his good news, while Jihyo knew something was wrong. She wanted to go see her sister, but she decided to leave the girl alone for now.

Mina lied herself on her bed, and grabbed onto one of the pillow and curled her body up. She knew this day would come, but never expect it to come this quickly. Tears started to form in the corner of her eyes, she had a crush on Jin, since she was younger. She knew her little feeling won't become real, because they are cousin, even not related by blood. But she knew Jin loved Chaeyoung with all his heart, she knew that she will never be that person for Jin. She wiped way her tears, and tried to suppressed her crazy heart.

There were a light knocking on her door

“Hey, are you okay?”

“Yeah, I’m fine Jihyo-chan”

“Then why are you locking the door?”

“...”

“Open the door Mina, I want you to talk to me”

Mina reluctantly opened the door for Jihyo, Jihyo could tell that Mina was crying. She pulled Mina closer and hugged her. “I think I already know why you were crying, but I won’t make you tell me if you don’t want to.” Mina buried her head into Jihyo’s shoulder, then tightened the hug.

“Everything will be okay.” Jihyo patted Mina’s head.

---------------------------------------------------------

After Mina tired herself out with all the sobbing, Jihyo put her to bed. She is worried about Mina, she wanted to tell Taehyung about this, but she sure know Mina wouldn’t want anyone to know. Heck, she was with Mina for most of her life, and she never even noticed that Mina had a crush on their cousin Jin. And she was a bit upset that Mina never tell her that, even though they promised never have secret between them.

She went out to the house’s balcony and just stared up at the starry night sky. It was a bit chilling, so she pulls a blanket over her head.

/Bloop/

The familiar sound rang, she checked the screen ‘Kookie sent you a message’ was on it.

Kookie: Are you girls at home safe and sound?

GodJihyo: Yeah, we are at home. Mina is asleep already.

Kookie: Oh, why aren’t you?

GodJihyo: My brain won’t let me… (>__<)

Kookie: Do you want to talk about it?

GodJihyo: I dunno, it kind of a long story. It will take forever to type.

Kookie: I will call you, gimme a sec.

Jihyo was surprised, she didn’t think Jungkook gonna suggest the calling. She felt a weird sensation creeping its way up to her neck. The phone rang, she picked up.

“So are you okay?”

“Yeah, I’m fine.” She answered

“What happened?”

“Nothing really, I just feel out of the blue sometimes” She said

“Ahh I see, I do feel like that sometimes too.”

“What Mr.Perfect feels like that?” She

“Hey! Don’t call me that”

“Kookie-ahhh~ you like that better? Haha”

“....”

“Well, I guess it better than Mr.Perfect” He said

“Or I should call you usagi-chan because your front teeth are cute, I like it.”

“... You… Park Jihyo… You should be happy that because you are cu…” He stopped

“I’m what? Say it!” She pushed

“My chemistry’s partner”

“Ha ha, that’s so lameee.” She snorted a bit.

“Imma call you jigglypuff then.”

…...

The call between them last for a couple hours, they just talked about random things they could think off. And Jihyo completely felt better after talking to Jungkook, her worries vanished. It also the same for Jungkook, he never ever suggest to call a girl before. He was rolling on his bed, being blissed about on the call with Jihyo. Her voice made him happy, he tried to make the convo last longer, but he can hear the tiredness from her voice. So, he wished her a sweet dream and let her go. The smile on his face spread from ear to ear, he kicked his feet in the air in excitement. He cannot wait to meet her at the library tomorrow.

----------------------------Author's Note---------------------------------

*Story’s information or explanation*

In this story:

Jihyo, Mina, Jungkook are 18 years old.

Jimin and Taehyung are 19 years old.

Why are they in the same course/class? Because I can XD

Jin is 25 years old.

Yoongi is 24 years old

Chaeyoung is 22 (Yes, I changed her age to older XD) and she is also Yoongi’s editor

Mina’s mother changed her last name to Park, but Mina still wanted to keep her late father last name. Hence why she still be called Myoui Mina.

-------------------------------------------

Holy mother of cupcake!

I am finally able to finish this chapter.

And this is also the last part of butterflies, all the feelings are revealed! Now I just need to stop being a noob and building some fun stuffs ; v;

Tbh, I was skeptical about how to keep the story going, but gladly, I found some conflicts to add to the plot line XD

I’m so sorry if my writing is crap, I’m trying to improve it slowly ; v;

Happy reading guys!