[Butterflies Part 1]

The Center of The Heart

 

Butterflies: The connection.

 

          It was a chilly Friday evening, Jihyo could feel a strong gust of wind blew against her rosy cheeks. She was on her way to her cooking club, it was the first official day, where she dreamed all members can meet and talk about future cooking events. The breeze got a bit stronger, caused the dainty girl’s hair blow madly along the wind. Jihyo picked up her pace and tried to find the meeting room as fast as she can, she can’t stand her hair being a hot mess. She arrived inside one of the building from the North campus, promptly dusted off the leaves off of her head and her clothes. The sound of chattering from nearby room caught Jihyo’s attention, it came from her supposed-to-be club room. She made her move toward the room and knock. The door sharply slide open, “New comer??” a cute girl with silky black hair pops her head out, smiling brightly showing her front bunny teeth. Jihyo was taken back by the girl, she muttered “Is this cooking club?” The girl in front of Jihyo widened her eyes, and opened her smile even bigger, “YES! Come on in!” She bounced in excitement, then snatched Jihyo’s hand and pulled her inside. “Welcome to our cooking club! My name is Nayeon!” She stated, with her wavy hair bounced at her slightest movement.

“My name is Park Jihyo,”

         Jihyo swiftly leered her eyes around the room, there was roughly around seven people.They all paid attention to her. Which made Jihyo feel a bit weird, she doesn’t like being stare at. Then they started to greet her with a friendly smile.

“Hello Jihyo-shi”

“Alright this is Moguri, Hoseok-oppa, Namjoonie, Mingyu, Jeongyeonie, and Jeonghan-oppa.” Nayeon quickly said everyone name, while pointing her finger at each one.

“Hi!” Jihyo waved her hand, and put on a polite smile.

“I’m so glad we actually got one newbie joined our club!” Hoseok, the  boy with burned orange, sleek back hair style clapped his hands rapidly.

“Alright, the entire club is here, let sit down and welcome our new friend” Nayeon eagerly pushed Jihyo’s shoulder to one of the open chair.

         The meeting went on for about couple of hours. To be frank, Jihyo thought the members of the club were very ‘unique’, they were a group of chaos. However, contrast to their hyper manner, they are a group consisted of good looking people. Jihyo was pretty mesmerized. If she wasn’t join this club, she probably thinks that they are a model club or something. The club decided that, next week they will throw a welcome party for their new member. Jihyo, of course was hype, she cannot wait to testing out her new baking recipes. Before ending the meeting, Jihyo club mates added her on the club LINE chat, so it easier for them to communicate with new people and to plan things together. Soon everyone left one by one, Jihyo stayed behind. She rested her head on the table, looked outside the window and just enjoyed the view in front of her. It was quiet, there wasn’t much people on North Campus during this late evening hour. Even a slight noise could startle Jihyo, she could hear  the leaves being blown by the wind outside and hitting on the glass window. Slowly, she closed her eyes and just listened to the sounds surrounded her, then there was knocking on the glasses. She blinked, and saw Jungkook waved his hand, mouthing ‘open the window, please’ to her. Surprised by the familiar face, she still moved closer to the window and  reached her left arm out to switched off the lock, she slided the glass panel open.

“What are you doing here?” She tilted her head and asked, a couple of hair falling down on her face.

         The light brown haired boy opened his smile, showing his bunny teeth, “I just finished my Judo club meeting, it likes 2 buildings from here” He pointed his thumb to his right.

“Heh~ I just ended my meeting too” She leaned a bit forward, resting her elbows on the side of the window, and cupped her face her both of her hands.

“Cool! Lemme walk you home, It getting dark soon” Jungkook suggests then snickered.

         Jihyo was about to ask what so funny, then she saw Jungkook’s hand slowly approached on top of her head, “Here, there was a small leave on your hair,” he said, while showing her the green thing in his hand.

As he finished his sentence, the wind suddenly grew stronger. It made Jihyo’s hair fluttered like mad, covered her entire face. Jungkook gently tapped Jihyo on the shoulder, signaled her to move aside. Then he swiftly jumped up the window, got inside, and closed the window quickly.

“That wind was really out of nowhere.” He said, dusting off some of the dirt around his shirt.

        He turned his head to Jihyo, and the girl was on the her knees, viciously rubbing her eyes, “Dirt got into your eyes?” He asked, carefully brushed some of her hair out of her face. She nods, while tear drops started to form around the corner of her eyes, her body tried to force the foreign object out. “Lemme see” He lifted her head up to him, as Jihyo slowly opened her eyes, Jungkook froze. Her big rounded eyes were sparkling with tears. Her eyes are absolutely gorgeous, Jungkook thought to himself. He quickly snapped himself out of her dreamy eyes, and proceeded to blow some air near her face, hopefully the dirt will get out of her eyes. After a couple of minutes, Jihyo felt better, her vision resumed to normal, her eyes were a bit red due to her rubbed on it earlier.

“Here,” Being a gentleman, Jungkook lightly grabbed on Jihyo hand and pulled her up on her feet.

“Your eyes are so red, you look like a red panda.” He .

         Jihyo softly smacked his arm, “Let’s go to the gym locker room first, I need to grab my bag” He smiled then lead Jihyo toward the gym

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

        The wind had chilled down a lot, and the dawn slowly creeping up the grey sky, it probably will rain tonight.

“Oh what club was you in earlier? I forgot to ask” Jungkook started to speak, while ruffled his hair.

“Cooking club, I wanted to learn more dishes” The petite girl beside him said. Tippy toe her way to their destination.

“I would love to eat more of your baking, the cookies were delicious, some of my Judo mates like it alot” Jihyo can hear the sincere in Jungkook’s voice, it made her happy.

“Well you can have more if you want, let go inside” She smirks at him, pointing her finger at her family’s coffee shop.

        As she pushed the door inward, the little bell on top of the door rung, and the familiar faces turn their head at the sound.

“Welcome--- Jihyo-chan~” Mina stopped her sentence then called out for her sister, “Omo, hi Kookie-shi” She added, when she saw the tall figure next to Jihyo

“Hello,” Jungkook slightly nods his head to Mina.

“Here sit down! I will bring you our house best treat, aka made by me of course” Jihyo rushed Jungkook, who is obviously way taller than her, settled down at the nearby table.

      While she hopping her way to the kitchen, a giggle can be heard escaping from Jungkook’s mouth, he thought she was really cute, “Hi Kookie, do you want to drink anything?” Taehyung popped out of nowhere and greeted Jungkook.

“Juice will do, thanks” He replied, “Are you all work here everyday?” he added, as he move his eyes around the shop

“Yeah, this is their parent’s shop, the girls usually help out everyday, and I work here just for extra pocket money haha.” Taehyung placed down a cloth, and started to wipe the surface.

       In the back of the shop, Jihyo was carefully pick out the sweets for her friend, then she felt a hands crept up behind her, “Why are you with him again~? Jihyo-chan~?” Mina hugged her sister tight and said in the most mischievous tone she can. “Ya! You scared me!” Jihyo literally screamed, “And I meet him by chance after club, nothing is going on between us seriously!” She quickly denied, but Mina kept the smirk on . “And how about you? Why are you here before me? I thought you have ballet and dance club  today?” Jihyo’s eyebrows raised a bit, “I did went there with Jimin, it was super early though, around eight o’clock in the morning.” The girl with the shoulder length hair said, slowly released her arms around her sister’s waist.

“Ah, well I was completely dead haha,” Jihyo laughed, “Where is mom and dad?” she asked

“Mom went to Mrs.Kim to buy some flowers for the shop, and Dad is still at his work” Mina slightly lean against the table.

“Also, Dad gave us some money for tomorrow~ He said that if we need more, he can send more to our debit card” The girl with a slender figure flashed out a card, with a picture of a penguin on it.

“Woah daebak!” Jihyo exclaims

        After the conversation with Mina, Jihyo stepped outside and headed to Jungkook’s table, “Here” she said, putting down a stray full of sweets in front of the boy.

“Wow” He was delighted, “You really made these?”

Jihyo proudly nods, “Yes!”

        The doorbell rung again, caught Jihyo attention. “I will be back,” she told Jungkook, then quickly headed straight into the kitchen. Jungkook noticed the girl’s gaze was fixed on something, or rather someone. He leaned his body forward a bit to take a look at the person Jihyo looked at earlier, it was Yoongi.

         Few minutes after, Jihyo brought out coffee and some desert to the man with straight black hair. Jungkook secretly stared at Jihyo, from the back, he could tell that Jihyo is somewhat nervous. As soon as Jihyo turned around and walked toward Jungkook, he looked away, pretending like he had not look at the two in the opposite side of the shop.

“How is it?” She settled down on the chair across him

“It really good, I love this one,” He said, while chomping down on the cake.

         Jihyo rested her cheeks on her hand, look fixedly at Jungkook eating. “Why?” He looked up, locked eye contact with her.

“I just love watching people eating my pastries,” She smiles, fidgeted with a lock of hair falling down next to her face.  

“Are you guys hiring?” Continued to eat the sweets, Jungkook casually asked.

        Jihyo thought for a bit, “I don’t know, but I can ask my mom later, what? You wanna eat for free?” She jokes

“If it means able to eat your foods everyday, then yes.” He paused, “And I mean, it not bad to have some pocket money”

“I see, I will ask my dad for you tonight” She smiled, then stood up and headed to the back.

        Time slowly passed, Jungkook bid a goodbye to Jihyo, Mina and Taehyung. He was in a hurry. The shop was about to close, but Yoongi was still in the shop, fell asleep. Jihyo came closer to him and tapped on his shoulder, “Dear customer, the shop is about to close” she said in her sweet voice.

        Yoongi blinked twice, got up and took off his glasses, “I’m sorry, how long have I been asleep?” he asked, look around his surrounding blankly. “Just around 15 minutes” She checked her watch.

“” He muttered, and Jihyo barely catch that. “I will take my leave then, see you tomorrow” Yoongi stood up quickly and began to gather his belongings. “ I won't be here tomorrow, but I hope to see you on Monday” She informed him without knowing why she even did that, “Ok, then I will see you on Monday” Yoongi didn’t understand why either, but he just roll with it. Then Yoongi promptly took his laptop and headed out.

         Meanwhile, Taehyung and Mina were outside sweeping the steps and the shop’s sign, they were just chatting about tomorrow group date.

“Tae-chan, should Jihyo-chan and I make some lunch for tomorrow? Or you think we are going to eat out?”

“Well, I like you and Jihyo-chan’s cooking, so I rather eat your foods, I think Jimin also like your cooking too” Taehyung said in somewhat childish-like voice, while looked directly at Mina

“Hmm okay~” She hummed, her mind was full of foods images, she tried to go through a list in her head. “Oh did you know that Jimin is extremely good at dancing? Everyone in the club was quite shock” Her expression shifted into a ‘surprise’ look.

“Yeah, he is amazing at dancing, back when I was in highschool with him, he was the top in our school.” Taehyung said, while swept the leaves out of the front door.

“Wow,” that is amazing, Mina thought to herself.

       Taehyung saw Mina’s somewhat ‘admired’ face, he pouts a bit. He closely watched her wiping down the window.

When the clock hits 10 o’clock, the trio headed out of the shop and closed it. Taehyung walked the girls home, since he doesn’t want his friends walking home in the dark. They are a lady after all.

“You sure you don’t want to stay a night Tae-chan? It dark outside” Jihyo worried

“Nah, I will be fine. I need to sleep at home sometimes, or my mom going to think I’m homeless lol” He joked

“I will see you guys tomorrow, make sure don’t take forever!” Taehyung cutely puffed his cheeks out, and waved goodbye to the girls. Jihyo and Mina watched his figure slowly disappear in the background.

“Welcome home sweeties” A gentle voice said.

“Mom~ We are home” The sisters said in union. “Where is dad?” Jihyo asked, “He is asleep right now, have you girls eat yet?” Their mom hugged them tightly.

“We ate at the shop already,” Mina said, gave her mom a thumb up.

           Their mom smiled, “That shop is like belong to you guys, we don’t even have time to manage the shop anymore lately, our job is getting out of balance.” she said, her eyes seem a bit sad while saying that.

“It alright mom, we can manage the shop just fine. I mean we hired a lot of great people during morning shifts~” Jihyo comforted her mom, and tightened the group hug.

           Mrs.Myoui gave each of the girl kisses on their forehead, and wished them goodnight. The girls headed upstairs to clean themselves up and get ready for tomorrow.

“Jihyo-chan, wanna sleep together tonight?” With her eyes sparkle and cutesy voice, Jihyo cannot say no to her sister, and it been a while they sleep together, so Jihyo happily agreed.

          They just cannot wait for tomorrow to come.

 

/Bloop/

 

Kookie: Goodnight, Sweet dream :)

 

-------------------------------------Notes------------------------------------------------------

 

I don't know why I enjoy writing about this fic so much, I think it so slow pace lmao

But I hope you [my readers] can enjoy this as much as I do.

I think the next chapter will be fun :D