[Meeting Part 2]

The Center of The Heart

 

Meeting: Connect the dots.

 

It is evening time, where the sky is covered in a beautiful ombre of crimson red across the horizon. The sounds of piano playing in the background, each of the keys are crisp and crystal clear, it just pleasant to the ears.

“Tae-chan, your music taste is amazing, I really like this piece.” Jihyo saying in awe, while sweeping the floor next to Taehyung.

“Thankyou, I just found out about this piece recently” He opens a big smile, a smile of satisfaction.

Taehyung always been the one make the playlist for the girls’ family’s coffee shop, he has an excellent taste in music, and it always different each day, it probably one of the reason why the store always attract people from different age range. The young lad asks to work at the shop when he finds out that the girls’ parent opened a coffee shop as a side business. And he has been working with the girls since then.

Soon the clock strikes five o’clock, Jihyo immediately turns her gaze to the main door, her lips curved into a small timid smile. It was the shop regular: Min Yoongi. The young man steps inside, swiftly takes off his black coach made out of wool and loops his arm around it. He makes a quick eyes contact with Jihyo, and gives her a nods of ‘The usual, please.’ Jihyo, whose is at behind the counter, silently nods back at him, then quickly turns her back and heads inside the kitchen. Taehyung always notices that little interaction between them, but he just never bother to ask. Yoongi slowly makes his way to the corner of the shop, where it has only a small table for one. He throws his coach over the back of the chair and settles down after. And as usual, he will always bring out his laptop and starts to work on something, it always like that, his usual routine at the shop.

Jihyo slowly makes her way out of the kitchen, with a stray contain a cup of black coffee, a small glass pitcher of cream, and a slide of cake made out of hazelnuts: the house specialty.

“Welcome, again” Jihyo places the stray down on the table and gives the guy her bright smile.

“Thanks” He says, while eyes still glue on his laptop.

That is just really how their conversation go everyday, every single day. Just a couple greets and nods. Jihyo quietly leave the table to tend other chores around the shop. Yoongi slides on his glasses, sighs and starts typing vigorously, the tapping sounds from him can be hear from couple tables away. Under that sight,Jihyo chuckles a bit, because that is how Yoongi always been, when he working on something in the shop.

“Tae-chan, I’m going to take my break, Mina-chan should be on her way.”

Taehyung nods as he makes eyes contact with Jihyo. She skips a few steps and it makes her ponytail bounce up and down, Jihyo goes to the back of the shop and pulls out a book, ‘The most beautiful moment in life book 2,’ by Suga. She loves to read, and Suga is one of her favorite author. She lost counts of how many times she read the first book by him, she just know that, she remember every single line by heart. To Jihyo, his stories set her free.

The noise from a heated kettle pulls Jihyo back to reality, she gets up from the chair and goes over to the stove to turn the gas off. She sighs. Jihyo looks at her watch, it already ten minutes since her break has ended. “Oh shoot” she murmured

“Sorry Tae-chan, I took over ten minutes break. I was reading book” She goes out to the front, while still trying to locate Taehyung with her sight.

“It’s alright, you always lost in your world when you are reading” He smile cheekily, “Is it the same author again? Your favorite.” He adds

She nods and her lips curve into a big smile, her front teeth are all showing. “I’m reading his second book right now, it super duper good~” Jihyo said in admiration.

“What is his pen name again? Sugar?” Taehyung asked, while busy washing the dishes.

“Suga,” She corrects her childhood friend, “You should read his books with me Tae-chan”

“Haha I’m good, you know I rather watch anime and play games” Taehyung laughs

Meanwhile, the conversation somewhat gets the jet black haired guy in the corner of the shop attention. He stops typing as soon as he heard the name ‘Suga’ got mentioned. It not hard to meet a fan nowadays, but he is surprised that Jihyo actually like his books. The corner of his mouth lift up a bit, he is happy. His books are usually about teenages struggle with their inner emotions, and the way they define the social norms. He loves writing about those type of human versus society type of story, it spoke to him, and it is somewhat a way for him to express himself. It somewhat catches him off guard, for a girl like Jihyo to interest in his writing, because after all, she doesn’t look like a rebellious young adult.

“We are here~” Jimin and Mina finally arrives at the shop, with some grocery bags in their hands.

“Omo? How did both of you came at the same time?” Jihyo asked

“Well, we somehow meet at the dance club.” Jimin drops some of the grocery bags down on the counter.

“Yeah, and also, I got extra grocery just for the week” Mina says while hand Jihyo some of the stuffs. “Where is mom and dad?” She asked

“Uncle and Aunty said they going next town to grab some more coffee beans, they should be back by tomorrow morning to open the store.” Taehyung walks nearby Mina and takes the rest of her grocery bags.

“You two sit, I will make you guys some refreshment.” Jihyo drags Jimin and Mina to sit near the counter.

“I can help Jihyo-chan, I’m not tired” Mina offers

“You already went shopping, just sit down for a bit. Also, text Jin-oppa and ask if he needs us to prep any foods before he gets here” The big eyes girl turns to look at her sister, her pony tail bounces with her.

“Aye aye captain,” Mina makes a salute position.

“Jin-oppa?” Jimin asks, looking at his friend Taehyung

“It’s their older cousin” Taehyung answers, while resumes to clean his dishes. “His cooking is no joke~”

Suddenly, Jimin notices a blushing like mad Mina. She is looking at her phone, and a crimson color brushes over her entire face. But, he sees a little smile escape from her lips. Jimin feels a bit surprise, Mina’s reaction right now, makes him chuckle a bit.

The night sky slowly drapes over the horizon. Mina, Jihyo and Taehyung quickly cleaning up the store little by little. And at exact time, Yoongi gets up and leave the place. He is always come in everyday at 6 PM and leave exactly when the clock strikes 8 o’clock. He exchanges goodbye with Jihyo at the door, and she would always give him her brightest smile and her round big eyes always glistering.

Jimin helps closed down the shop, and brings the sign in for his friends. Taehyung busying finished up placing the plates and cups on the shelf. Mina takes all of the groceries out of the fridge and Jihyo wiping down the counter. After few minutes or so, all four of them finished closing the store, they grab their stuffs and quickly leave to go eat at the girls’ house.

“Oh my god, we closed down so late, sorry guys” Jihyo sighs and makes an apology face.

“It’s alright, I’m so hungry thou, how about you Chim?” Taehyung stretches his arms outward, asking Jimin while almost letting own a big yawn.

“Same, I’m starving, At least our first class isn’t start until afternoon.”

“Jin-oppa said that he is already cooking at our house, he just needs us to bring some of the tofu back, so he adds it into the stew” Mina informs the group while looking at her phone message.

The four of them swiftly make their appearance at the girls’ house, they can smell the fragrant of the foods linger in the air as soon as they enter inside.

“Hey kids! Welcome back, wash your hand and sit down, the foods are done” A tall handsome man sticks his head out from the kitchen says, with his hand full of plates and his cute red apron in front of his body.  

“Hi oppa” The girls cutely say. “Hi oppa~” Taehyung mimics the girls

“Ya! Taehyung” Jin shouts in a joking tone. Taehyung immediately makes a big grin on his face

Jin makes eyes contact with Jimin and gives the boy a friendly smile. The group flock together at the table and start the feast, Jimin is totally surprise at Jin’s cooking, he can definitely think that Jin is a professional chef at some high end restaurant. Mina looks at Jimin’s face and gives him a grin, “It’s super delicious isn’t it?” he nods and continues to grab the foods on his plate.

“Jimin-ah, sine you are Tae-chan’s friend, you are our friend as well, if you ever want to, you are welcome to come here and eat with us.” Jihyo says, “And Tae-chan is always here anyway,” she adds.

The pink haired boy nods his head repeatedly, he is graceful that they like him and want him to eat with them. Because for Jimin, family’s dinner is never a thing in his house. Taehyung swiftly throws his arm over Jimin’s shoulder and smiles, “It will be more fun if you join us Chimchim”

“Omo, I gotta go now, you kids enjoy the foods.” Jin stands up looking at his phone.

“Already oppa?” Mina pouts a bit

“Yeah,I forgot I have a drinking night with my friend tonight, he going to be sulky if I don’t drink with him tonight” Jin pats Mina’s head, “Okay, be careful oppa,don't get too drunk” Mina worriedly say.

“Take care oppa” Jihyo adds

“Bye hyung” the boys also bid goodbye to the handsome man

Jin leaves the house, the rest of them slowly finishing up their foods.

“Oh yeah, I totally forgot to tell you guys, I have a class with Jungkook” Jihyo suddenly breaks out the conversation.

“That Jeon Jungkook?” The rest look at her

“Uhm” She nods, “He was pretty nice, a little bit too friendly I think” she continues while munching on the foods

“Uh oh, don’t fall for him Jihyo-chan” Mina nudges her elbow at Jihyo and teases her sister.

“You really thought Mina” Jihyo sticks her tongue out.

While the girls are teasing each other, Taehyung heads to the living room and start pulling out the xbox, “What are you doing at their house Tae?” Jimin kinda panics, and totally forgets that Taehyung is the girl's’ childhood friend. “It’s fine, we always play games after dinner,” Taehyung shows his classic rectangle smile while giving Jimin a peace sign.

“Ohhh what game are we playing today Tae-chan?” Jihyo walks closer to the boys and ask. “Halo! I need to beat Mina score from last time!” He shouts excitedly.

“You are going down tonight Tae-chan” Mina rolls up her sleeves and smirks at him.

Meanwhile, Jimin just stands there stun, “Isn’t it kinda late to play? The girls need their rest too” The rest of the eyes are all on him, “Eh?”

Then Taehyung realizes something and say, “ Oh I forgot that I usually just sleep over at their house, err we can leave if you want to Jimin”

Mina and Jihyo looks at each other, “We don’t mind if you stay Jimin, we have a guest room that pretty much ‘Tae-chan’s room’ to be honest, and it quite dark outside , it better to be safe than sorry.”

Once again, Jimin’s eyes are just wide open, he cannot put to word how close these three are. He wants to refuse the offer, but his house is quite far from here, so he reluctantly stay for the night. After that, the group just stay up until 3 AM just to play games…

/bloop/

Jihyo just gets out of her shower, and her phone makes a notification noise, she looks at her phone quickly

Kookie added you as friend

 

Kookie: Hey! I hope I did not wake you up, sorry I added you so late!

GodJihyo: Hi, no worry, I am still awake, I was just playing games with my friends.

Kookie: Oh nice, a sleep over?

Godjihyo: Yeah. It was fun, we played Halo and OW.

Kookie: You play OW too? That’s cool! We should have a match against each other sometimes.

Godjihyo: Omo a OW fan?? For sure! I’m pretty confident that I can at least hit you once.

Kookie: Haha alright, we will see! Anyway, I won’t bother you for now, catch ya tomorrow on campus. Goodnight.

GodJihyo: Nite, nite.

 

Jihyo let out a small smile, but that did not pass her sister, Mina.

“Who are you texting~?” Mina comes up and hugs her from behind.

“Jungkook, he just adds me on LINE” Jihyo says

“Omo~ you guys are already friend?” Mina smirks

“Not in that way, you crazy.” Jihyo pinches Mina’s cheek. “Let’s go to bed, I want to make breakfast early, since it going to be for 4 people” She ends the small chat.

“Okie~ Goodnight, love you” Mina gives Jihyo a peck on her cheek.

“Night~ I love you too” Jihyo squishes the side of Mina’s face and give her a kiss on her forehead.

….

“They are so close,” Jimin, who saw the little sweet interaction between the girls, comments.

“Yeah, they are each other best friend,” Taehyung tries to dry his wet hair.

“Same for you, I can’t believe that I stay over a girl house…” Jimin sighs

“Well, I mean, we don’t do anything inappropriate, that’s just how we roll,” Taehyung laughs

“Look at you,” Jimin stares at his best friend and points, “You even have your clothes here!”

Taehyung just gives Jimin a nonchalant smile, “Their parent are always away, the coffee shop is just a side job so the girls can have something to do, and… “ he stops and takes a sip from his water bottle, “They are always worry about them, so they told me to try staying with the girls as much as I can, and I mean my parent doesn’t mind either, and I just love hanging around them.” He continues

“I see…” Jimin says.

“Anyway, just don’t think too much, the girls like you, and you are my best friend, so it works out!” Taehyung expression changes, he just gives Jimin his biggest smile.

“Well I am happy that you say that,” Jimin gives Taehyung a defeated smile.

“Well, let sleep! Jihyo is going to make breakfast tomorrow, and I don’t wanna miss that!” The dark brown haired boy excitedly jump on the bed and fake some snoring sounds.

“Aight, goodnight, I will turn off the light” Jimin smiles

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Welp this chapter is trash Q vQ