Two-

Sacrifice

 

Finally, it’s a sunny day.

 

Tired after work, I dragged my feet home. Passing by that shelter, I stared at it for awhile, hoping that I could see her again. She isn’t there. Well, that’s expected.

 

I sighed for the nth time today. Walking by a café, something caught my eyes. It’s her. But she wasn’t alone. Sitting across her was a good looking man, probably the same age as me or one year older. She was talking and laughing with him. At that moment, I felt… Upset? Disappointed? I aren’t sure how was I feeling nor why I am feeling that way.

---

 

Lying on my bed, trying to sleep, but I just can’t. Her smiling face kept staying in my mind, refusing to leave. I sighed again. “Aish… Go to sleep Junhyung, you have work tomorrow.” Slowly, I closed my eyes, drifting off to dreamland.

---

 

(One week later)

 

One week had past and it’s raining again.

 

I was thinking about her almost every day. Somehow, I was hoping that I would run into her again. I don’t know why, but I just felt like seeing her. I ran into that exact same shelter again. I looked around while drying myself.

 

Half an hour had gone, it’s still raining, but she isn’t he--- “Hey! It’s you again! Remember me?”

Oh she is. Stay cool Junhyung… Stay cool…

“Ah… Trying to stay cool?” She laughed. I was taken aback.

“W-What?” . I totally embarrassed myself. She shook her head.

“It’s just fate that brought us together right? I guess we are both lazy bums that don’t like to bring umbrellas.”

 

I didn’t say anything. I wasn’t sure what to say. I was nervous, scared, and afraid that I will embarrass myself in front of her again.

 

“Hyemi. Kim Hyemi. You?” Oh… So her name is Kim Hyemi. What a beautiful name for a beautiful girl.

“Junhyung. Yong Junhyung.” Without knowing, I was smiling.

“Hey, you’re smiling! Well… Nice to meet you!” She held out her hand.

 

I blushed and stunned. She giggled. “You know what? You’re quite cute.” She pulled my hand up and shook it. I blushed harder.

I guess we are friends now...