Six-

Sacrifice

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W44PYtzjrZE

 

I fell to the side of the road. I stunned as I see the fragile figure lying right in front of me in a pool of blood. Her white blouse now stained in red. I stayed there for awhile until something hit me – at the very last minute, she pushed me away.

“Hyemi…” I went up and held her close. “Hyemi-ah!!!”

She breathed heavily. Her hand moved up to caressed my cheek.

“S-Sorry… I-It took m-me so long… I love y-you…”

 

She… She loves me…

She closes her eyes slowly and her hand dropped to the ground.

“No! No! Hyemi! Open your eyes! Hyemi-ah!!!” I cried and hugged her close to my chest.

 

God seemed to understand how I felt, as a few drops of water fell on my head. I look at her pale yet beautiful face for the last time. I caressed her cheek like how she did to mine, and kissed her softly on the lips. “…… I love you too.”

She loves me… But she’s gone.

 

---

I was at her funeral. Her family and friends was crying really badly. I could see how important she was to them. A girl so beautiful and sweet, who wouldn’t be upset when she’s gone?

 

“Junhyung…?” I turned around. His eyes were swollen. It took me awhile to remember. Oh… Doojoon… Her boyfriend…

“Could we talk? Privately?” I nodded and he led me to a nearby bench outside the funeral.

---

“How do you know my name?” I began.

“You’ll see...” and then he handed me a rectangular box. I took it, confused. He continued,

“Hyemi’s parents handed some of her stuffs to me, including this. But after seeing the content, I thought you should have it.” I opened the box. There was a diary.

 

“She loves you.”

“What?” now I am more confused. He knew?

“She loves you.” He repeated.

“We were together for five years. Few months ago, probably after she met you, she began to change. I kind of suspect she doesn’t love me anymore. I was afraid, afraid that I will lose her. I decided to propose, thinking to keep her by my side forever.” He stopped for awhile and looked at me.

“But I wasn’t really that selfish. I was thinking if she rejected me, I would’ve let her go. I was surprised she didn’t. However, I saw the guilt and sadness in her eyes. She probably didn’t want to hurt me. You know… Such a kind and sweet girl like her.” He looked up to me again to check on my reaction before he continues.

 “I thought that if she gives me a chance, we could start afresh and maybe… Just maybe… She would fall in love with me again.” He sighed.

“But I guess I was wrong.” A tear dropped to his hand.

“I had read her diary and out of a sudden, I realized she doesn’t belong to me anymore. She doesn’t love me and she probably wouldn’t again… It’s weird right? It’s weird how someone could change so fast because of love…” he trailed off.

 

“Do you hate me?” I managed to stay calm. I shouldn’t cry, not now, not in front of the man who’s probably hurting more than me.

 

“I would be lying if I said I don’t. But… I guess she weren’t meant for me.” He smiled bitterly and continued,

“It will take quite awhile to forget such a nice girl like her. It might take forever. But we should move on, I believe that’s what she wants to see.”

“Thank you…” I am already on the verge of crying. I finally understood how they could be together for 5 years. It’s my fault. It’s my entire fault how things turned out like this.

“No problem.” He left and I broke down crying. I picked up the diary and under it was a picture and portrait of me. At the bottom of the portrait, it has her signature and her handwriting:

 

Yong Junhyung, I love you.

 

-------

A/N:  Hi! I just... can't make Junhyung die LOL. People would probably hate me. So I made Hyemi sacrifice... Drama always end up like that right? Anyway, I hope nobody is confused! This story is ending in one more chapter, it will probably be about Hyemi's diary(her point of view), so it will somehow explain how, when, why she fall in love with Junhyung and etc. :) Going to start writing the chapter now! Will try to write as much as I can and post up soon~ ^-^