Three-

Sacrifice

 

I looked around the café. Oh! There she is, sitting at the corner of the café reading a book. She was wearing a yellow beanie, an oversized hoodie with tight denim jeans. Cute… I smiled to myself before walking over.

 

It had been nearly a month since we became friends. We hung out quite a few times, walking around town and I brought her to try lots of nice food. We became pretty close and I got to know her a lot more. However, I still remembered that good looking man she was with that day in this café. Who is he? I wanted to ask but I am afraid that I would hear something I don’t want to hear. Yes, I had fallen for this beautiful girl. She didn’t mention of having a boyfriend though, maybe… I have the chance?

 

“Aw… Junhyung is being his cool self again.” She pouted.

“Oh, I am sorry.” I apologized.

She giggled. “You don’t have to~ Well, what were you thinking about? You looked serious!”

“Ah… It’s nothing. Hey, want to go somewhere?”

“Is there a new place down town that sells delicious food? I swear I am going to grow so much fatter.” She whined.

“No, it’s not that. Come on, let’s go.” I held her hand and I felt my heart skipped a beat.

---

 

“It’s beautiful!” She ran like a little kid towards the sea.

“Just like you.” I thought.

 

We sat near the sea, hugging our knees. She removed her shoes and closed her eyes, enjoying the waves hitting her feet. She smiled slightly before opening her eyes again. “Why will you bring me here?” She asked.

“I thought this place is nice, and I wanted to show you.” I smiled.

“It is. Thanks for bringing me here~”

 

We sat side by side silently, enjoying the peaceful silence we had. It felt so good to be around her. It’s time Junhyung; time to let her know how you felt.

“Hyemi-ah…” I looked towards her.

“Yeah?”

“Have you ever been in love?” She seems surprised and looked away. She hesitated before answering, “…Yes” And then, she grabbed her purse and pulled out a picture. It was a picture of her with a… man… That good looking man I saw her with that day… “This.” She pointed to the man, “Is my boyfriend, Yoon Doojoon.”

 

My heart ached. “O-Oh. You have a boyfriend?”

“Yes… for five years.” That’s… long… She must have loved him a lot.

“I see… Why didn’t you mention him before?” She looked down, before looking up again smiling.

“You didn’t ask me.”

“Oh… I---“ She cut me off.

“What about you?”

“What about me?”

“Have you… ever been in love?” Let her know Junhyung… you should at least let her know.

“Yes…” I leaned in closer and I could see her blushed slightly. “With you.” And I felt my lips on hers. I knew that I could live to be a hundred and visit every country in the world, but nothing would ever compare to that single moment that I first kissed a girl of my dreams and knew that my love for her would last forever.

 

Surprisingly, she didn’t pull away but she didn’t kiss back either. Slowly, I pulled away reluctantly and stared deep into her eyes. I could see a glimpse of sadness. Is she mad that I kissed her?

 

“I am sorry.” I looked towards the sea before looking into her eyes again. “I love you.”

“Junhyung…” She whispered softly yet loud enough for me to hear.

“You don’t have to answer me, I understand. You have a boyfriend. But please, let me continue to love you.” She looked down towards her hands and stood up.

“We should get going now… It’s late.” I nodded and was about to grab her hand but she put her hands in her pocket.

“L-Lets get going… My… boyfriend is probably waiting…” She turned around and started walking away.

 

I smiled bitterly and went after her.

 

Hyemi-ah… I loved you… so much.

 

 

A/N: Sorry for the three boring and short chapter! :( I actually wanted to add all of it together into one chapter but I thought it would be pretty messy and confusing. I promise it will get better~ Oh and expect this to be a very short fic! I just wanted to go straight to the point. ^-^ This fic will probably be... less than ten/fifteen chapters? :) Do subscribe~