Five-

Sacrifice

 

I sat on my bed, staring at the wall, as if it would come alive and talk to me. I don’t know how to be happy, after knowing that the girl I love is going to get married –and the groom isn’t me.

This morning, she texted me for like the first time, asking if we could meet at the café because she have something to tell me. I kind of knew what she’s going to say. I was well prepared… to not break down in front of her.

 

---

“I am getting married.”

“Really?” I asked, pretending I didn’t expect that.

“Yes. Aren’t you going to congratulate me?”

“Oh. Congratulations.” I smiled bitterly.

“Thank you!” She beamed. I could see she’s happy. That’s all I needed to know.

 

I didn’t reply back and silence filled the air. She started speaking again.

“Look, I am so--“I cut her off.

“It’s okay, as long as you’re happy.” I forced out a smile, hoping that it seems sincere.

 

She nodded and smiled.

“So, I guess you will come to my wedding right?“

“I will see about that.” I replied as calm as possible. Is she kidding? Knowing that she’s getting married to another man is already killing me, but having to witness that… I can’t.

“Why? I hope you would come. Promi--“

I cut her off again because I knew I had to leave. Staying here with her any longer would just make things harder for me.

“I will get going, Congratulations again.” I stood up and went to the door without looking back.

 

I heard her calling my name, but I just kept walking, faster and faster. I couldn’t look back. I just couldn’t. I am afraid that once I stop my steps and look back, I will never have the courage to leave again.

 

Mindlessly, I crossed the road. I could hear the sound of a car honking and…

 

“Junhyung!!!”

---

A/N: Sorry for the short update! I will post up the next chapter soon! ^-^