009

Dive
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaehwan had no clear direction on where he wanted to go. All he wanted to do was hold Hyerin's hand and walk with her in the cool night air. They stopped by a convenience store, never letting go of each other's hand as they picked drinks and snacks to take with them. Hyerin felt giddy like a little school girl who was asked to hold her buddy's hand so that she doesn't get lost. But then again, Hyerin wouldn't mind getting lost with Jaehwan.

Jaehwan took as many snacks as his hands could carry then he turned to Hyerin with a serious expression. "I have an important question to ask," He cleared his throat "When you eat chips do you bite off halfway or do you stuff the whole chip in your mouth?"

Hyerin didn't know whether she could giggle. Kim Jaehwan looked so serious. "I eat the whole chip? I don't think I know anyone who bites it off halfway" Her answer sounded like a question but Jaehwan nodded at her answer in acceptance and he placed everything on the counter.

"You'd be surprised, Hyerin" Kim Jaehwan said. He went on to tell a story of someone he knows doing exactly that but Hyerin couldn't focus. The only thing in her mind right then and there was how nice her name sounded like rolling off Jaehwan's tongue in his tone of voice. Hyerin never really liked her name, it was so common, like there was nothing special about her but there he was saying the same name she shared with thousands of other Koreans and, yet it sounded so special. It was because Kim Jaehwan was special and he was different. Just thinking about this warmed up her face.

His hand left hers for a moment because he was flipping through his wallet for his card and Hyerin thought that it had suddenly gotten a lot colder. She looked at her hands. What was wrong with her? She was never one to cling onto someone.

Jaehwan gave a short thanks to the cashier, and grabbed the things they just bought before securing Hyerin's hand once more in his and leaving the store cheerily. "Let's head to the park" He whispered in a low voice, looking back at the now silent Hyerin. His expression was solemn and Hyerin swore that he almost looked nervous. "Sometimes I go to the park late at night so that I can bask in my loneliness in a public space, rather than in the privacy of my own home. I love the wind against my cheeks, they feel like friends that I've known for a long time" Jaehwan said with a smile "But everything's good" He added as he stole a glance at the shocked look on Hyerin's face.

He pulled Hyerin towards a bench and seated himself and Hyerin side by side. He handed Hyerin her drink and that was when Hyerin realised that he had paid for both their snacks. She scrambled to get her wallet "How much was it for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter