012

Dive
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hyunah, this is Daniel, and Daniel, this is Hyunah” Hyerin chirped excitedly. No matter how stoic Daniel’s expression was, Hyerin was still jolly. It’s been almost ten days without seeing him and now that she saw him in person her heart was jumping in joy. She missed him. Hyunah blushed when Daniel offered his hand to shake but took it anyway. Daniel was a good-looking man and Hyunah cannot take her eyes off him. Today, his hair was no longer pink, he dyed it back to its natural colour.

All three of them were sitting in an Italian restaurant. Daniel was trying hard to not concentrate on Hyerin but Hyerin was looking expectantly at Daniel.

“Hi” Daniel said as he squeezed Hyunah’s hand lightly.

“Hello” Hyunah replied, liking the slight pressure and warmth from Daniel’s hand.

Then Daniel turned towards Hyerin. His eyes faltering a little when he looked at Hyerin properly but then it returned to normal. “Are you done?” He asked.

Hyerin’s smile was wiped-off. “Excuse me?” Her eyebrows shot up in surprise. Hyerin has never seen Daniel look so hostile in her way. Why is their friendship changing?

“I’m asking you whether you’re done. If you are then can you go?” Daniel never meant to sound so harsh but how else can he say that without being mean. Hyerin looked like she was going to cry, and it made Daniel want to just grab her and embrace her in a warm hug. Just seeing her face like this made him regret avoiding her since that day he met Jaehwan, but it was for her own good. Hyerin can’t keep on relying on Daniel when she already has a boyfriend, it wouldn’t be fair to Jaehwan. It was also good for Daniel to take time away from Hyerin so that he can sort out his feelings. Yet, the moment he looked at her his feelings went erratic again. He didn’t even know whether he wanted to be on this date with Hyunah.

“Oh, okay… Have fun on your date” Hyerin stood up and walked away. To say that she was hurt was an understatement. Her heart was burning with sorrow and she was confused. So, so confused. Why is Daniel acting that way? Why is he purposely hurting her?

Hyerin was moving robotically in the direction of her home but then she caught a whiff of spicy rice cakes and fish cakes that she couldn’t help but stop by. She had been planning to catch dinner with the Daniel and Hyunah after introducing them then go so that there was a natural transition in their date but now that Daniel clearly stating that he didn’t want her aro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter