Chapter 9

Shattered Past, Present, Future
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was Saturday. A cloudy day in March. Last year of graduate school. I was listening to music and doing homework when I saw you walking towards the door.  I shot up to my feet and took my earbuds out.

“Where are you going?” I demanded.

“I’m going out for lunch with some other friends,” you said.

“No,” I snapped. “Stay.”

“Why?” you blurted out. “One, I’m not some little pet you can just tell ‘No’ and ‘Stay.’ Two, I can go where I want. I’m not your possession.” I was startled. You had never fought back before. You usually just bowed your head and went back to the room. But not this time.

“Because,” I snarled.

“Because what?” you asked. I didn’t respond. “Why can’t I go anywhere without you knowing exactly where I am?” I stayed silent. “Why? Tell me, Jungkook, why?”

“Because you just can’t!” I shouted. You glared at me.

“That’s not an answer,” you growled. “Tell me, or else I’ll leave and you’ll never see me again.”

That was it.

I jumped out of bed and walked towards you. Your eyes widened and you reached for the doorknob. I grabbed your wrist and you flinched. You stared at me, fear in your eyes. You pulled away. I tightened my grip.

“You’re staying,” I growled. You stared at me, terror in your eyes.

Then you slapped me.

Shocked, I let go. You took a step back, breathing hard. There was terror in your eyes, mixed with shock and regret and pain.

“No,” you whispered. “No!” you shouted. “Whatever problems you’re going through, whatever’s going wrong, that doesn’t give you the right to control my life… to control me and everything single damn thing I do!” You took another step back. You put a hand on the doorknob. You opened it and fled.

I jolted out of my reverie a moment as the door

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter