Blast from the Past by London9Calling

Drowsy Science

Minseok burst into laughter the moment he was certain Lu Han was gone, out of earshot and certainly left with more than a little to think about. He truly was having too much fun playing with the poor sod, though dare he admit it his enjoyment was not entirely of the mocking sort. 

Of course he felt something when he kissed Lu Han, something more than the sheer enjoyment of seeing the adventurer squirm. Kissing Lu Han was nice, something he could get used to it he wasn’t the man he was, living with the problem he had. For now he was a welcome diversion that proved useful, a man who seemed worthy of his trust at least on a base level. 

Minseok plodded back to his study, stifling a yawn while he walked. He returned to tinkering with the parts that he had carefully created. Every now and then he smiled, remembering Lu Han’s reaction to their last liplock.

It turned out he wasn’t the only one whose mind kept wandering. It had been more than an hour since Lu Han had left when he was once again at Minseok’s door, wearing a bothered expression. 

Minseok let him inside, walking back to his study, knowing Lu Han would follow him. “Is there something wrong?” he asked, curious why Lu Han appeared so bothered. 

“Yes, there is,” Lu Han answered firmly. Minseok didn’t pry, figuring the adventurer would tell him in good time. 

Minseok walked over the pile of parts he had been working on. He had been fitting one of the wire harnesses over the rudimentary chair he had attached to the guts of the machine. He picked up the longest wire, carefully angling it per his calculations. 

“You said you had a dream, what happened in it?” Lu Han finally asked. 

“Dream? I have a lot of dreams,” Minseok teased, smirking because he knew that Lu Han had been thinking of what he said since he had left the house.

Lu Han cleared his throat. “You know, the one about...the one that made you kiss me like that.”

“Oh! That one.” Minseok picked up another wire and fitted it into the machine. “It was a rather interesting time.”

When Minseok didn’t elaborate Lu Han began rambling. “Was I in it? If I was doesn’t that mean that it was another me, since your dreams aren’t truly dreams at all.”

In reality Minseok hadn’t experienced anything with Lu Han in the non-waking world. He had only used the excuse to further, hoping it would make him curious. And his plan had worked to great effect. 
“Yes, it must have been another you,” Minseok went along with his lie. “He was a far better kisser so it certainly couldn’t have been you.”

Minseok glanced at Lu Han. He could make out the flush of the man’s cheeks even in the low lighting. It gave him a strange sense of satisfaction. 

“You didn't seem disappointed before I left.” Lu Han frowned.

“I didn’t want to hurt your feelings,” Minseok explained, turning back to the machine.

He heard Lu Han approaching but didn’t make a move. He let the man grip his shoulder and turn him around. He didn’t use too much force, it wasn’t an angry gesture but one of a man who had resolved to clear up any misunderstanding as soon as possible. 

Lu Han smashed their lips together. Minseok wanted to laugh at his eagerness to convince Minseok of his abilities but he found that laughter was impossible with Lu Han prying his lips open with his tongue. Minseok gave up, easing into the kiss and letting out a throaty moan as Lu Han’s tongue invaded his mouth. 

Minseok gripped at Lu Han’s waist, his hands into the adventurer’s jacket. If Lu Han wanted to convince him, he would let him. He wasn’t going to take the lead this time. 

Lu Han backed them up towards the table full of parts, his hands cupping Minseok’s face as he continued to assault his mouth. It was far more heated than any of the other kisses they had ever shared. Minseok could feel the warmth pool in his abdomen when his tongue slid against Lu Han’s. 

Lu Han tugged gently at Minseok’s shirt, and Minseok was only too happy to return the favor. His hand went to Lu Han’s shoulders, to the lapel of his jacket, pushing back the fabric as best he could given his current position. 

It was Lu Han’s turn to moan, the low and breathy noise mingled in with their kiss, making Minseok realize he would love to hear that sound over and over. They broke away when Minseok’s back thudded against the work table, jostling them back into reality. 

It was only a momentary separation. Minseok took the opportunity to shove Lu Han’s jacket off of his shoulders, pushing the fabric as far as he could before Lu Han had to do the rest. While Lu Han was slipping off his jacket Minseok went to work on his own shirt, dragging his fingers down the edges a few buttons falling off in the process. 

Lu Han’s shirt was next, Minseok making quick work of the garment, Lu Han losing more buttons than Minseok had. Their lips reconnected, Minseok threading his fingers through Lu Han’s hair. The press of flesh was disorienting, he felt half drunk. 
It was Lu Han who switched their positions, turning Minseok so it was his own back against the table. His hands roamed over Minseok's bare torso, pressing lightly into his skin. 

Minseok Lu Han’s bottom lip into his mouth and nibbled, his heart rate increasing the moment he heard Lu Han let out another throaty moan. Somewhere in all of their passion they had lost all care for where they were, who they were, and what they were doing. 

If only they had been more aware. More careful. 

The best Minseok could figure out was that Lu Han had hit one of the parts of the machine with his back, leading him to cry out. That was what had made them break their kiss. Lu Han turned around, presumably to remove the offensive metal object that was intruding upon their passion. Instead he grabbed a particular wire that was now sitting at the exact position that was needed for a very strange event to happen. 

One moment Minseok had been staring at a shirtless Lu Han, ready to divest him of the last pieces of clothing he wore and see where they went from there. The next moment he was alone, standing shirtless in his study. There was a crackling noise, a strange light, and then Lu Han was gone without a trace.

 

 


Minseok stared at Junmyeon, into his dark eyes, wishing he could sense the man’s honesty. Anything to tell him what he was being told was the truth. 

Junmyeon said he was his father. Could he really be the son of this man? This man who came back to his time after an impossibly long period of his life spent jumping between realities. Wasn't there a good chance he was completely and totally mad?

“Sir,” Yixing interrupted. “You have a visitor.”

Minseok looked towards the entrance of the dining room. Yixing wore a worried expression, rightfully so given what happened next. 

Lu Han barged into the dining room. He looked furious, most definitely frustrated and...he was not wearing a shirt. 

Minseok frowned. Hadn’t he just killed the man? 

“Kim Minseok, my bedroom, now!” Lu Han wagged his finger in Minseok’s face. “If you don’t walk I will carry you,” he added as a threat. 

Minseok frowned. Really though, he was certain he had just killed Lu Han.