Chapter 7 - Finale

Wet Paint

 

I tilted my head slightly, squeezed my eyes shut and kissed him. Right on the lips. I pressed my lips to his with a small force, for only a few seconds, then pulled back – far enough to look at him, but I ended up looking at my feet.

“What was-” I looked up at him with pleading eyes.

“Please, don’t yell at me. There was no way I could say it. I had to show you instead.” I looked away from his eyes again.

“You wanted to kiss me? That’s what was bugging you?”

“Oh my god. No! No, Jjong that’s not it.” I rolled my eyes and hit the wall behind me with a clenched fist.

“Then-”

“I like you Jonghyun. I like you. A lot.” I said slowly, letting it sink into that thick head of his.

“And I’m the idiot?” before I could even open my mouth to reply, his lips were on mine again – with more force then I’d had, with more determination too. I tried to move away to speak

“Wait- Jjong- !” again he cover my lips with his own, it lasted for a little while until he moved back.

“What if I like you a lot?” I just stared at him, still completely in shock.

“Then I would kiss you.” I said weakly.

“Well, do it then.” He said with a smirk. I blinked, threw my arms around his neck and did only what I could do – I kissed him again.

He responded right away and soon my tongue was wrapped around his. His lifted me up so I could sit on his hips. I wrapped my legs around his waist and he pressed me up against the same half-painted wall as before – shifting some of my weight over to it, so he could support me easily.

I dug my nails into his back, his hold on my waist tightened as our kissed deepened still. We were both panting heavily, only breaking for micro seconds – just long enough to in a quick breath before attaching our lips back to the other’s. I moved my hands up to his hair, tugging at it lightly, begging for more.

This situation never crossed my mind before as a possibility – so being in it, I had no pre-set plan, I just went with whatever my body told me to do. He bumped me up a few times on his hips whenever I started to slip down – whenever he did this I would moan from the sudden contact. I started nibbling on his bottom lip whenever we pulled away to breathe and he hummed in appreciation.

“Jjong… I love you.” I muttered softly, between a kiss. He kissed me again and on my tongue for a moment then pulled his head back.

“I love you too Kibum.” I smiled.

“Really?”

“No, I just wanted to make out with you.” I hit him upside the head.

“Way to ruin a moment.” I slid off his hips to stand on my own two feet. He smiled apologetically at me.

“Yes, really you big idiot.” I pressed my hands against his chest and rested my head on his shoulder.

“How long have you liked me – or loved me sorry.” He asked against my hair.

“Awhile.” I paused for a moment, “Okay, a long while.”

“How long is that?”

“I first noticed about a year and some ago, but I think the attraction was always there.”

“And you didn’t say anything!?” he held me by my shoulders and pushed me away from him so he could look at me. “Why didn’t you tell me?”

“Like I could! You could’ve hated me! You could’ve left me, said you never wanted to see me again, quit the group…” I trailed off, all these things were what I was afraid of for so long – though it seemed like I’d worried for nothing.

“Give yourself some credit Kibum. You think that I wouldn’t ever be attracted to you, after being friends for so long?” I blushed.

“But… I’m a guy… A-and you dated Sekyung!” I narrowed my eyes at him, “How was I supposed to know you went both ways!?” he raised a brow.

“Ask.” I scoffed.

“Yeah, because that’s a normal conversation topic.”

“Stop making excuses.”

“Sorry, it’s become a habit. I’ve been making excuses for awhile now. Ones for not telling you, ones for avoiding you, ones for reasons why you could never like me back. To be honest I’m not even sure this is really happening right now. For all I know, I could’ve snapped and I’m just dreaming this. And in reality, you shoved me away when I kissed you.”

“Kibum, you’re insane,” he pulled me close to him again and I lifted my head a little to connect our lips. I wrapped my arms around his neck and tugged his head down so I could kiss him properly. He wrapped one arm around my shoulders and one around my waist, and held me tightly.

I let out a small moan when I felt his tongue push past my lips. I wound my fingers through his hair, locking him to me until I decided when he could separate. I felt his lips curl as he smiled into our kiss. We stayed in that position of making out, hungrily on each other’s tongues, nibbling on lips and pressing out selves closer and closer together, for a long while.

Until I remembered why were in a bathroom in the first place. I broke our lip lock and he gave me a confused look.

“We should finish painting – otherwise the guys might ask what we were doing all day if we didn’t finish.”

“I’m sure Taemin and Jinki would understand.” I looked at him with a shocked expression.

“Minho’s the only one who hasn’t clued in yet.” I nodded thoughtfully – I’d have to remember to tell Dara that.

“Either way, we got a lot of wet paint to spread here.” He smiled, but shook his head.

“Sorry I can’t.” I gave him an unimpressed look.

“Jjong – seriously I want this bathroom finished before I die.” He pulled my face back to his to kiss me softly, I automatically bit down on his lower lip – a habit I’d picked up in the last half hour we’ve spent making out. He chuckled and pulled back, I pouted; he’s such a tease.

“Pick up a brush Jjong.” I said evenly. He shook his head again, and brushed out lips together lightly – again I instinctively lurched forward to press against them properly – but he moved with me so they never actually touched. I whined in protest and he chuckled again.

“I’m too busy kissing my boyfriend.”