Chapter 1

Wet Paint

 

“Hmm… Pearl-sent-blue, or cream-sour-orange? Well, to be honest I don’t think ‘cream-sour-orange’ sound very appetizing. Though – I’m not eating it am I? What do you guys…?” I turned away from the wall of paint samples to look at Jinki and Taemin who were supposed to be helping me pick a paint color. Key word being supposed. I lidded my eyes to a ‘are you ing serious?’ glare.  

There standing before was Jinki pressing Taemin up against a giant pyramid-stack of paint cans, using the different levels of the piles for leverage. Taemin soon enough slung his arms around Jinki’s shoulders. I sighed, why do I even bother with those two?

“Never mind then…” I turned my attention back to the wall of paint colors. Note to self; invite Dara and Chaerin next time. I shook my head once again started looking at the different hues in front of me. Well, picking a ing shade would be easier if I knew what color period I wanted. Was blue to… blue? Is yellow to bright? I could use another opinion…

I once again – against my better judgment – turned back towards the PDA kings. If it was even possible, the somehow managed to make the rest of the world even more uncomfortable. They were still up against the pyramid, but somehow the kiss seemed to have deepened. Maybe it was the obvious trail of saliva that strung between them whenever they broke apart for air, or the fact you could clearly see they’re tongues each other. I really shouldn’t have even noticed those factors, but I couldn’t look away. Taemin was desperately clutch at Jinki’s neck, shirt, hair, anything he could reach, trying to bring him closer. It may be a bit uncomfortable, but anyone could tell that they were in love. Everything, every action they were displaying was only that much more proof.

The lucky sons of es. There they are, blatantly flaunting their amazing relationship, and then there was me. Picking out paint colors for my bathroom. Why can’t I get the one I want? Can’t I have a happy relationship? Nope. Not in my cards. I forced myself to look away from the ubber-happy couple – who were now panting into each other ears, words I’m sure I didn’t want to hear. I let out another sigh, and decided to look at a happy color.

 After going through the section of greens – the color of envy mind you – I decided I didn’t want a color that had the option to be called ‘green-garbage-splash’. Once again I sighed and turned to look at the red section. I noticed the other –tag-along I’d brought walking towards me. I whipped my head around to see the two were back at it. Great. I looked back at Minho – from what I could tell, they were out a view from where he was.

“Guys, look I know you love each other, but let’s stop and remember some people don’t know about how you make out because you’re dating.” I hissed, the stopped and looked at me puzzled. I glared at them until they remembered who else came with us on the ‘fun trip to the paint store’. The instantly sprung apart, though I think Jinki may have jumped a bit too far. He collided with the shelf behind him and that sent boxes of brushes onto his head and he slumped to the ground. Taemin stood there frantically trying to figure out what to do. I closed my eyes and rubbed my temples.

“Honestly you two…” I turned around to see Minho was nearly at my side. As he approached, a look of concern grew on his face.

“What happened here?” he asked at my side now.

“Oh nothing… Taemin was so excited about a color he punched Jinki in the gut and sent him flying.” Minho looked at me even more confused now. I chuckled, and then smiled at him.

“So. What do you think of ‘purple-grape-mush’?”