Anniversary [JeongTzu]

Tzuyu Loves Everyone!

A/N: HELLO ITS BEEN ALMOST A YEAR LMAO

This was supposed to be an au but...now its not? Idk how that happened

This was a request from JammyJanJan! You waited so long for this, I'm so sorry! T^T I hope you like it <3

***

 

Yoo Jeongyeon is a perfectionist.

 

That much most people know.

 

But Chou Tzuyu? She knows it on a personal level. So when their first ever anniversary is coming up, she already knows how much in a panic Jeongyeon is in.

 

No matter how much the older girl tries to hide it, there's just something fishy about the way her looks have gotten more intense lately, or about the way she sometimes disappears without notice. When she asks where Jeongyeon is and the other members giggle, it also gives it away.

 

With their relationship being a secret within their group, its hard to go on dates that really feel like a date, but Tzuyu cherishes those moments more than Jeongyeon knows.

 

Despite dating for a year (although it feels less thanks to their unnecessarily busy schedules that leave them dead tired and sick)– Tzuyu is still very shy to ask for affection. Usually Jeongyeon would initiate things, and they wouldn't go further than light kisses. And Jeongyeon would hug her lovingly, hold her hand so gently that Tzuyu would lose her mind at her soft touch. Tzuyu want things to change though. She also wants to show much she loves her girlfriend, how much she cherishes her. She wants to be bold. And she's been gathering up her courage for a long time. 

 

Tzuyu misses Jeongyeon. This surprise is taking up all of Jeongyeon's free time and the younger girl doesn't like it. Of course she appreciates the effort Jeongyeon is putting into their first anniversary, it's just that– she's fine with something like, a simple movie night?

 

But Tzuyu's a romantic no matter how much she denies it. Jeongyeon knows so.

 

"Whatcha doing there, Tzuyu-ah?"

 

Tzuyu jumps, unprepared. "Nothing," she quickly answers, turning towards the owner of the voice.

 

Nayeon narrows her eyes as a small smile curves her lips. "Present for Jeongyeonie?"

 

With a sigh, Tzuyu grabs the half-wrapped present from behind her, allowing Nayeon to see it. "Do you think she'll like it?"

 

"Do you even have to ask? She loves anything her girl gives her."

 

Tzuyu looks down at the present, blushing at Nayeon's words with a small smile.

 

"Wah, really Tzuyu! If you keep smiling so cutely like that I'll have to steal you away from Jeongyeon." Nayeon hugs her with a laugh and Tzuyu tries to push her as usual, trying to get free.

 

Funny enough, that's when Jeongyeon walks in.

 

Tzuyu panicks before hiding the present behind her as Nayeon continues to hug her after throwing a knowing glance at Jeongyeon.

 

Jeongyeon lifts an eyebrow at them, looking oddly calm despite sprinting out of the dorm a few moments ago.

 

"Unnie!" Tzuyu exclaims and Jeongyeon's lips curve up automatically, forming a soft smile on her face.

 

Nayeon doesn't seem to care enough to move as Jeongyeon gets closer to Tzuyu. Jeongyeon sighs. "Do you mind?"

 

Nayeon pouts before letting go of Tzuyu, visibly sulking as Jeongyeon shoos her out of the maknaes' room.

 

Lips twitching, amused at her lover's efforts to be alone with her, Tzuyu looks down bashfully.

 

It's when she feels Jeongyeon's hands sliding down her arms she goes rigid, scared of her present getting exposed before it was time.

 

Jeongyeon frowns when Tzuyu doesn't let her hold her hands. "What are you hiding behind there?" She tries to peek behind the taller girl but Tzuyu doesn't let her, instead kissing her cheek when Jeongyeon leans in.

 

"I'll show it to you later, unnie. Promise."

 

Jeongyeon shyly giggles when Tzuyu's lips meet her cheek once more and she takes a step closer, bringing her arms up to rest on the younger's shoulders. "I missed you today," she admits, suddenly feeling confident.

 

"Not my fault you keep leaving the dorm." Tzuyu still has her hands behind her, holding the present a little tighter now. Jeongyeon is being really cute, and Tzuyu just wants to hug her but she doesn't want to risk her present being seen.

 

Jeongyeon shrugs with a grin, her eyes narrowing down as she stares at Tzuyu's lips. Her eyes flutter back up to stare at Tzuyu in the eyes, blushing at how obvious she was being with her intentions.

 

Suddenly the air feels thicker somehow, and even more when Tzuyu leans in. Jeongyeon can't help but hold her breath and close her eyes, anticipating Tzuyu's next move. The younger girl brushes her nose against Jeongyeon's, dimple visible on her cheek as she smiles widely before pulling away.

 

"Yah, Chou Tzuyu! You tease!" Jeongyeon's face is red as a tomato as she watches the younger run out of the room with a loud laugh. She stays stunned for a few more moments before leaving the room herself, shaking her head at how adorable her girlfriend is.

 

***

 

"So... is it ready?"

 

Dahyun stops eating, her cheeks full and her eyes wide. She looks as if she was caught doing something wrong.

 

"Is what ready?" She asks, and Jeongyeon can barely understand what she's saying.

 

Jeongyeon discreetly glances around and finds Tzuyu leaning against the wall, looking at whatever Sana was showing her on her phone. From the smile on her face, Jeongyeon guesses puppy videos.

 

She tears her eyes away, although reluctantly and looks back at Dahyun who still has her chopsticks hovering over her food, her cheeks back to their normal size. Jeongyeon coughs. "You know, the thing I asked you to check on?"

 

A look of confusion. Then a gasp. "Ohhhhh, that thing?"

 

"Yes."

 

"The thing thing? Like the one you asked me this morning thing?"

 

"Oh my god, yes Dahyun. That thing. Tell me it's ready?"

 

Dahyun nods. "It's ready."

 

The older girl sighs in relief before thanking Dahyun and sprinting down to the basement.

 

"Mina-jjang!"

 

"Jeongyeon-san?" Mina giggles as soon as she calls her name, slowly getting up from the chair she was sitting on.

 

"Did you manage to convince Jihyo?"

 

Mina purses her lips. "She said we'd be back at 11pm sharp. I tried to get you guys more time but–"

 

Jeongyeon smiles. "No, it's fine. Thank you so much, Mina." She hugs the younger girl before sprinting back up the stairs.

 

On her way to search for the youngest rapper, Jeongyeon bumps into Momo. Her face brightens up as she looks at her roommate. "Everything is going so well, Momo! Even I'm surprised."

 

Momo nervously laughs.

 

Jeongyeon narrows her eyes. "Okay, spill."

 

A defeated sigh. "So umm, Chaeyoung and I might have...maybe, slightly broke the oven."

 

"You did what now?"

 

"The buttons...they don't work anymore. We can't turn it on."

 

"I– you know what, I'm not gonna ask. Just, please tell me you found the balloons I asked for."

 

"Yeah, they're on your bed."

 

Jeongyeon sighs. "Well, that's good. Please blow them and get all of it up on the roof."

 

"Sure! Oh and Chaeng drew on them, they look so cute–"

 

The sharp turn of Jeongyeon's neck scares the crap out of Momo and she stops talking immediately. Two sets of brown eyes keep staring at each other for a few seconds before Jeongyeon opens .

 

Before she can say anything, a sulking Sana appears next to them.

 

"I can't distract her anymore. Not even with her favorite compilation of puppy videos." Sana groans before leaning on Momo with a frown. "Tzuyu kept asking why I was watching puppy videos all of a sudden and I lied saying I wanted one. She was so excited! How am I going to tell her the truth now?" She groaned again, glaring at Jeongyeon with a sad face. "Yah, Yoo Jeongyeon. This is all because of you."

 

"Stop overreacting. She's not a kid, she'll be fine." Jeongyeon rolls her eyes at Sana's dramatic whining, walking past the two.

 

Maybe it's because she's dating Tzuyu, but it's always bothered her to no end when others act as if the maknae is a little baby. Tzuyu is a beautiful young woman, talented, capable of many things. Jeongyeon thinks she's mature but at certain times very innocent. And at times she was also very...y.

 

Once the blood rushes to Jeongyeon's cheeks, she shakes her head as if to clear her thoughts.

 

She takes out her phone and sends a quick message to Jihyo.

 

Going out with Tzu as planned. Don't be home when we come back.

 

Jihyo texts back instantly.

 

Ok. We'll be back at 11. Have fun <3

 

Just as she's slipping her phone back into her pocket, it buzzes again.

 

But not too much fun :)

 

The smiley face is more of a threat than anything but Jeongyeon doesn't let it faze her. Typical Jihyo. She yells out Tzuyu's name as she wears her shoes.

 

"Yes, unnie?" Tzuyu runs to her like an obedient puppy, dimple visible and hair a little messed up. She looks so comfortable that Jeongyeon kind of feels bad for her plans to drag her out.

 

"Why aren't you dressed? We agreed to go out at six, remember?" Jeongyeon whines, crossing her arms as Tzuyu's eyes widen.

 

"We did, didn't we?" She speaks calmly, but Jeongyeon can see the panic in her eyes. "I'm sorry, unnie! I'll be quick!"

 

She leaves just like that and true to her word, Tzuyu comes back after fifteen minutes, wearing jeans and a simple white t-shirt that makes her look really attractive somehow. Jeongyeon also notes that she's wearing little to no makeup, with a bucket hat hiding half her face.

 

She holds out her hand and Tzuyu takes it, the smile never leaving her face.

 

After aimlessly walking for a while, hand in hand, the taller girl stops suddenly.

 

"What is it, Tzuyu-ah?" Jeongyeon asks, slightly tugging her hand.

 

"I need to buy something and since we're out, I thought we could uh–" She goes quiet and Jeongyeon gets confused why her whole face is suddenly red.

 

"Of course. What do you need to buy?"

 

"I uh..." Tzuyu looks away for a moment, then back again at Jeongyeon. With her free hand Tzuyu pushes her hair back and slides her t-shirt down her shoulder. She grabs her bra strap and looks away again, "This?" She says in a small, embarrassed voice.

 

Jeongyeon gapes. Tzuyu's actions might have been misunderstood by her if they were in a different setting– but they were outside and from the way Tzuyu was fidgeting, Jeongyeon knew her intentions were innocent.

 

Oh but the things that went through Jeongyeon's mind weren't. Nope, not at all.

 

"Sure!" She winces when her voice cracks, and the word comes out louder than she intended it to. Jeongyeon looks away, hopes Tzuyu doesn't notice the way her cheeks flush at the indecent thoughts in her mind.

 

Tzuyu seems to panic when Jeongyeon reacts surprised, maybe she was being too much? Was she being too clingy? She hurries to explain. "We don't really have to! I just– since we're out already, I thought... But I can just buy them myself some other time, It's fine. Really–"

 

"No, no, no, no, no! It's completely okay! I just, didn't expect– But I'd really love to! I mean, I can help you choose..." Jeongyeon's eyes widen. "Or not. You'll choose and I can just wait...for you to be done. Yeah."

 

"Are you sure? If it makes you uncomfortable I don't want to go, unnie."

 

Jeongyeon's eyes soften. She throws a quick glance around before pecking Tzuyu's lips. "It doesn't, honest. Nothing that includes you can make me uncomfortable, Tzuyu. Nervous? Yes, but never uncomfortable."

 

Tzuyu grins. Jeongyeon pokes her dimple and shows her girlfriend a grin of her own.

 

A few beats of silence pass as they continue walking.

 

"So, I make you nervous?" Tzuyu teases.

 

"Who said that?"

 

"Literally you, three seconds ago."

 

"I never said that. You must be crazy." Jeongyeon denied playfully.

 

"Only for you, unnie~" Tzuyu laughs when Jeongyeon pretends to vomit. She hits Jeongyeon's shoulder and whines. "Yaaaa~!" Jeongyeon finally laughs, giving the younger's hand a soft squeeze.

 

***

 

It's awkward.

 

Jeongyeon doesn't know why.

 

Actually she does.

 

She went bra shopping with Nayeon and Jihyo a lot before and never did she feel like this.

 

Last time she was at a shop like this, she never bat an eyelid to all the half woman in the ads, or the extra-revealing underwear displayed at every step.

 

Now all of it is super embarrassing.

 

Jeongyeon wonders why Tzuyu had to drag her here of all places, and on their anniversary no less.

 

Putting it like that, it didn't sound as innocent as Jeongyeon initially thought.

 

Jeongyeon lifts her gaze up from the floor she's been staring at for the last ten minutes and instead stares at her girlfriend's back.

 

They stopped holding hands as soon as their surroundings got a little more crowded. Although where they were was pretty isolated from the city, they didn't want to take any chances. Not like dispatch would say anything about two female idols holding hands but still.

 

Better to be safe.

 

"Unnie, what about this?" Tzuyu sorts through the racks and takes a white bra with blue flowers on it out. It's simple but cute nonetheless.

 

The problem is, Jeongyeon can't help but picture Tzuyu in it. She smoothly pretends to fix her hair and looks away in the process. "It's cute."

 

"Really? If you think so, I should try it."

 

Now, what the hell is that supposed to mean?! 

 

Jeongyeon decides to lower her eyes again, once more greeting the white tiles on the floor in embarrassment.

 

She follows Tzuyu towards the fitting rooms looking like a scolded child, her head hanging low.

 

Tzuyu gets into one of the stalls and Jeongyeon lets out a sigh of relief. Only a minute later, Tzuyu calls out. "Jeongyeon unnie? Can you help me, please?"

 

Jeongyeon swallows down her embarrassment and shyness in one go, as if she was expecting this to happen, she opens the stall door. Tzuyu has her back to her, completely bare. She's holding the bra to her chest with her hands but its not clipped and Jeongyeon forgets to breathe.

 

Tzuyu stares at her through the reflection in the mirror, the redness doesn't seem to leave her cheeks today. "I can't..." She tries to clasp it, but she can't.

 

Her hands stop when Jeongyeon pushes her hair away and holds her hands, gently taking it in her own hands and clipping it. Jeongyeon suddenly feels bold when their eyes meet in the mirror reflection again, sliding her hands down Tzuyu's smooth back before hugging her waist.

 

Tzuyu leans back with a smile, holds Jeongyeon's hands that are resting on her stomach. "Thank you, unnie."

 

Jeongyeon's eyes are closed as she hums and pokes her nose on Tzuyu's shoulder. "What are you doing, Tzuyu-ah?" She whispers.

 

Tzuyu frowns, "What do you mean?"

 

A few kisses on her shoulder make Tzuyu's stomach flutter. "I think you know what I mean," A kiss on her neck. "Don't you?"

 

"Unnie..." Tzuyu whines and she sounds so pretty to Jeongyeon's ears. Tzuyu turns in her arms. Jeongyeon can barely register she does before she feels her lips on hers.

 

She almost laughs when she tastes the banana flavored lipstick Tzuyu's wearing. It's the one Jeongyeon had bought for her in Japan mostly as a joke, but Tzuyu had ended up loving it. Her urge to laugh dies down when she's forced to take a few steps back. When she feels Tzuyu's tongue her lower lip, she gasps. Tzuyu pushes her back against the stall door, moves her lips a little more aggressively than usual. Jeongyeon struggles to keep up, not used to such actions from the younger. Or better, not used to this at all. They've never gone this far before.

 

Both of them are panting when they pull away, Jeongyeon more than Tzuyu. Tzuyu still holds Jeongyeon close to her and smiles. When she leans in again and hears Jeongyeon hold her breath like she always does when Tzuyu's about to kiss her, Tzuyu parts her lips, tilts her head to the side and

 

"Excuse me? Is anyone in there?"

 

Jeongyeon pushes Tzuyu away so hard that she winces when the younger girl hits her back against the mirror and grimaces. She mouths a sorry before speaking up. "Yes, Yes!" Jeongyeon practically throws herself out of the stall and the staff member looks at her, completely confused.

 

"I was helping her. Helping her put it on. As a friend. Because friends help each other like this."

 

"Uh, sure." The staff member throws her a look before leaving.

 

Jeongyeon presses her lips together and shuts her eyes, running her hand through her hair again. "Tzuyu, please hurry up. And we're never coming here again, okay?"

 

Tzuyu laughs at her the whole way home.

 

When they get inside, Jeongyeon smirks at the look on Tzuyu's face. The lights are out.

 

"Eh, why is it like this? Where's everyone?"

 

"Come with me." Jeongyeon tugs on her hand and drags her up the roof. It's hard to navigate through the darkness until Tzuyu lights their way with her phone.

 

Once they reach the rooftop, Tzuyu's eyes shine. Jeongyeon can see the way her eyes widen and it's exactly like she's imagined. Tzuyu slowly walks towards the table that's set in the middle. There are candles on the table along with the food already served. There are even heart-shaped ballons on the floor.

 

"I can't believe you, unnie..." Tzuyu laughs. "I... I was thinking something like a movie night or ...or I don't know." She spuns around and her eyes meet Jeongyeon's. "How did you get the other members out of the dorm?"

 

Jeongyeon smiles and grabs Tzuyu's hands. "Mina convinced Jihyo and the others. Dahyun helped me set this place up. Chaeyoung and Momo got the balloons."

 

Tzuyu picks one up and chuckles at the cutely drawn girls with 'JeongTzu' written on each of them.

 

"I didn't tell Chaeyoung to–"

 

"They're cute. I love them." Tzuyu smiles.

 

Jeongyeon sighs in relief.

 

"But they also broke the oven so the food might be cold... I'm sorry, I don't even know how they managed to do that–"

 

"I'm sure it's perfect. Like everything in here is. Including you."

 

"I'm only allowing these cheesy lines because it's our anniversary." Jeongyeon pecks Tzuyu's lips and embraces her.

 

"Also, Sana wasn't serious about wanting a puppy. She was just distracting you while I prepared this."

 

Tzuyu pouts playfully, "Aw, now I'm sad. I was ready to pull out a power point presentation I prepared to convince her into buying a shiba inu."

 

"Oh yeah?" Jeongyeon grins.

 

"Yeah," Tzuyu grins back, leaning in. She kisses her fully on her lips. It's slow and sensual, both just trying to convey their strong feelings to the other.

 

"Happy anniversary, Tzuyu. I love you."

 

"Happy anniversary Jeongyeon." Tzuyu surprises her girlfriend when Jeongyeon's name comes out of her lips without 'unnie' following it. "I love you." Tzuyu presses another kiss to her lips. "By the way, my present for you is in my bedroom."

 

Jeongyeon swears she never got so close to passing out. "Wha...What?"

 

Tzuyu frowns in confusion for a few seconds before her whole face turns deep red. "I MEANT MY PRESENT. T-THE PRESENT BOX. IT'S ON MY BED. THE BOX THAT HAS YOUR PRESENT IN IT IS ON MY BED. OH MY GOD."