Perfectionist [MoTzu]

Tzuyu Loves Everyone!

A/N: Hewwo, I'm sorry if this is short but here you go azraelclemens!

also DAMN 2k subs and over 100 upvotes! Thank you~ <3


Momo nodded her head once more at the screen of her phone, determined to do things right this time. She pushed back her bangs that were stuck to her forehead from sweating and sighed deeply, glancing over at the only other person in the room.

Although their practice for 'What is love?' was over, Momo had convinced Tzuyu to stay behind to practice their part in the MV.

Momo was a perfectionist and she wanted their duet to look as close to the original as it could be. But looking at Tzuyu leaning against the wall with her eyes half closed from exhaustion, she questioned if she was pushing it too far.

...Nah.

Tzuyu herself had said this was fun.

"Chou Tzu!" Momo's loud voice almost made the younger jump, "I think I know what we're doing wrong now. Come on, let's try again,"

Walking over to the main dancer, Tzuyu was suddenly reminded of the way Sana and Mina sent her looks of pity before they left. She couldn't make sense of it then but now she knew. Momo was literally a dancing machine and Tzuyu had a hard time catching up.

She didn't dare to complain though, afraid to hurt Momo's feelings.

So, without a word she stood by Momo and waited for the song to play. Thankfully the choreography wasn't hard- but it had so much jumping around and spinning moves that Tzuyu knew she looked ridiculous while doing.

She admired her unnie for not messing up even a step. There was so much grace and confidence in Momo's moves that made Tzuyu want to stop dancing and just sit down to watch her. This expectedly caused Tzuyu to miss the beat a few times but she was quick to catch up.

At the end of the dance, as they stood close to each other, chests heaving, Tzuyu wanted to look away from the older's intense gaze. Momo's lips were slightly parted as if she was about to say something but there were no words Tzuyu could hear, feeling only the cool breath hitting on her cheeks.

Then suddenly Momo stepped back with a smile, turning off the music of 'La La Land' that she found on youtube. "That was way better, Tzuyu-ah!"

Tzuyu smiled back despite her red cheeks that went unnoticed by Momo. The older girl's adorable enthusiasm warmed her insides. They had learned just today that they were going to film a scene of 'La La Land' for the MV, and Momo was incredibly happy about it. So happy that she wanted to start practicing today.

"You're really excited about this unnie," Tzuyu said with a smile, voicing out her thoughts.

Momo giggled shyly, "I guess I am,"

Tzuyu's eyes disappeared as her smile widened at the adorable mess that was Momo. When the main dancer turned away to open the music once more, Tzuyu was quick to stop her for the sake of BOTH of them, "Can we continue tomorrow?"

Tzuyu's hand on her shoulder surprised Momo slightly, not expecting the girl to tell her what she just did. But if Tzuyu wanted to stop, Momo wasn't going to force her to stay. "Okay," She smiled, putting her hand over Tzuyu's that was on her shoulder. Holding Tzuyu's hand gently, Momo pushed her phone in her pocket and grabbed their bags. Turning off the lights, she dragged a clueless Tzuyu out of the practice room.

If she was being honest, Tzuyu didn't expect Momo to agree so quickly. She couldn't shake off the feeling that maybe she had annoyed the older girl.

As they went down to the lobby, Momo realized they were one of the few who was left in the building. The clock on the wall read 10:46pm and Momo almost choked on air. When did it get this late?

"I'm sorry, Momo unnie!" Tzuyu blurted out as the cold air hit them both when they went out.

"F-For what?" Momo snuggled closer to the taller girl for warmth, looking up at her with confused eyes. They stopped in front of the car their manager was waiting patiently in.

"Let's go back! We can practice more I–"

"Are you out of your mind?" Momo said in a tone she rarely uses, "Tzuyu-ahh! Jeongyeon won't let us in the dorm if we go a little later! You know how she is, right?"

Tzuyu hanged her head like a sad puppy and nodded slowly. "Right."

Momo couldn't suppress a smile as she cupped Tzuyu's cheeks. Giggling, Momo pouted her lips playfully as if to kiss her. Tzuyu laughed, pulling back as usual, letting out a little squeal as Momo got dangerously close.

Managing to land one kiss on Tzuyu's jaw, Momo counted it as victory and pulled Tzuyu towards the car as they both giggled.

When they finally stepped in to the dorm, Jihyo sent them a tired smile while Jeongyeon pointed at the clock, threatening to let Momo sleep on the couch. Tzuyu tried to bury the ugly feeling of jealousy deep down as she watched Jeongyeon and Momo having a quarrel like a newly-married couple.

"You look tired, Tzu," a soft voice caught her attention in the midst of chaos of all members either scolding Momo or defending her. "Why don't you go to bed, unnie will deal with this,"

Smiling slightly she replied, "Goodnight, Mina unnie."

"Goodnight, Tzuyu-ah,"

With a heavy heart Tzuyu left to her room. She heard Mina shushing the older members, defending Momo but also telling her some things Tzuyu couldn't hear when Chaeyoung groaned in her sleep.

Chaeyoung and Dahyun were sleeping so peacefully that Tzuyu almost laughed. Especially when she saw both of their mouths open. 

***

Next day was a disaster. Momo forced Tzuyu to watch 'La La Land's with her during the small breaks they had during schedules and Tzuyu could feel her head throbbing. What was worse was after they practiced that night together again, Sadness manager decided to call them:

"Why are you still there? Your schedule is packed tomorrow, you have to get your sleep, you guys."

"We're practicing La La Land!" Momo replied with a proud smile, expecting a compliment from their manager for taking things seriously.

The line was quiet for a few seconds until a confused voice spoke, "...practicing it's what exactly?"

"The choreography..?" 

Tzuyu walked closer to Momo after hearing the conversation between their manager and the main dancer.

"Momo-ah...The choreography isn't the one in the movie... You were going to learn it on set..."

Momo felt very embarrassed. Tzuyu felt like crying.

"Oh! R-Really..? Of course, we–" Momo said, her voice empty unlike the time she first answered the phone.

"I'm so sorry Momo-ah, I should have told you before. I didn't know you guys would–"

"No, no, no it's okay. We didn't fully learn it anyway!" She laughed and Tzuyu frowned at the lie. "I'm glad, phew, t-thank you unnie,"

"Momo-ah..." Sadness manager knew them more than enough to know Momo wasn't happy.

"We'll go home now, see you!"

Before their manager could say anything else, Momo hung up and sat on the floor with a loud sigh, hugging her knees with her head buried in her arms. When she felt Tzuyu sitting down next to her, she spoke in a disappointed tone, "Sorry, Tzuyu-ah, I forced you to practice for nothing."

"You didn't force me, unnie. I like dancing with you,"

"I'm really sorry,"

Tzuyu didn't want the main dancer to cry but Momo sounded an awful lot like she was going to. She frowned. "Unnie... We're still going to dance, don't feel so down..."

Momo lifted her head and sniffled– Tzuyu was right about her crying, a few tear paths on Momo's cheeks confirmed it. The sight broke her heart, she knew how excited Momo was about this. "Unnieee..." She whined, "Don't cry..."

Momo hugged Tzuyu's waist, pouting. "I can't help it,"

Gently Momo's hair, Tzuyu hugged her back. She stayed silent this time, not knowing what to say. 

"I'm such an idiot," The soft words Momo mumbled into her shirt caused Tzuyu's heart to break into tiny pieces.

But she stayed silent. She didn't want to make things worse by talking. So she relied on the physical affection rather than words she wasn't confident with. She regretted it later, though. If only Jihyo was here...she'd know exactly what to say. 

They stayed like that for some time– Tzuyu didn't know how long and honestly she didn't care because with Momo cuddling her, she was more comfortable than she'd like to admit. It was Momo who let go of her and stood up, grabbing Tzuyu's hand like a toddler while rubbing her red-rimmed eyes. With Momo's soft small hand in hers, Tzuyu smiled softly at the older girl, showing her dimple.

Momo stared at her for a while as if she was thinking hard on something, her eyes unreadable. Tzuyu felt Momo's thumb brushing against her knuckles.

Then, Momo smiled back at her.

Tzuyu suddenly felt overwhelmed by emotions. Her eyes seemed to get greedy the more she looked at Momo– she couldn't get enough. From her high cheekbones to her warm eyes void of make-up with her rosy cheeks and pink lips... Hirai Momo was perfect and Tzuyu suddenly forgot how to breathe.

Tzuyu could only focus on the softness of Momo's touch, her bright eyes and–

"Tzuyu-ah?"

The younger was not out of her trance just yet as she replied, breathless, "..Unnie?"

Momo didn't say anything. Maybe she was expecting Tzuyu to. But they were both silent. Momo didn't know when they got this close to each other. Her thumb had stopped caressing Tzuyu's knuckles long ago, now grasping her arm as if she was about to pull the younger down for a kiss. Momo took a step forward, now they were closer than ever. She waited for a moment to give the tall girl a chance to pull away, to break their contact but she didn't and that gave Momo the push she needed.

Tzuyu hoped for this to happen. Many times, she dreamt of it. But never, never did she think it would become reality. Momo's lips gently caressed hers and the softness of the kiss caused Tzuyu to melt.

Once she convinced herself that it was all real, Tzuyu's cheeks reddened in happiness, and she did her best not to smile into the kiss, afraid of ruining the moment. Ultimately she failed, and Momo pulled away with a fond laugh after feeling Tzuyu's lips spread wide against hers. Tzuyu giggled shyly in Momo's arms that were wrapped around her shoulders and Momo grinned brightly.

The older pecked Tzuyu's lips a few times between her giggles, landing a few on her red cheeks as well. They almost lost their balance and fell, but Tzuyu managed to lean against the wall to support them both.

"Chou Tzu, you're the cutest person alive," Momo said affectionately in her ear, hugging Tzuyu tightly.

"I love you, unnie." Tzuyu didn't care about the silence that came after her words. Momo didn't run away and strange enough, that was enough for her. 

 


A/N: pssst,,  I got another MiTzu story if you guys wanna read hdhdjjd honestly you all cant blame me, MiTzu are so quiet the last few MONTHS I just feel the need to write about them lol