Chuseok [JiTzu]

Tzuyu Loves Everyone!

It was a great day outside. Tzuyu streched her arms above her head and took in the fresh air as she leaned over the railing near the window. It was a bit chilly but nice nevertheless. Whenever the weather was great, Tzuyu felt great. It was like the weather was tied to her mood. She let out a deep breath, and smiled a little to herself as she made her way to the kitchen and automatically greeted the person who always wakes up around the same time as her, "Morning, Mina un–"

Except Mina wasn't there.

Oh, right...

She inwardly facepalmed and opened the fridge. Of course the Japanese members went back to their home countries. How could she forget? Even she was also planning to go back to Taiwan...until her parents bailed on her with a business trip. She still wanted to go back; to at least celebrate with her older brother and some old friends, but she figured she'll do that some other time. Preferably next year...when her parents were around.

"Tzuyu, I don't think we need an AC in the kitchen in this cold weather, so stop staring at the fridge and close it please."

Tzuyu shut the fridge and turned around to face the owner of the familiar and cheerful voice, "Good morning to you too, Jihyo unnie."

Jihyo rolled her eyes, a smile curving her lips as she hopped her way to Tzuyu and embraced her. Tzuyu breathed in the older girl's sweet scent and noticed that Jihyo was fully dressed to go outside, and was holding a little bag in her hand.

Tzuyu's face fell and she pulled away, just enough to look at Jihyo in the eye, "You're going back today?"

Jihyo answered with her usual big childish smile, "Yes, I am." Just then, like she had remembered something important, Jihyo's eyes got bigger, "I thought you had a plane to catch at 7:00? Tzuyu, It's 8:30! What are you doing!?"

"I cancelled it."

Jihyo took a few steps back and put her hands on her hips like a scolding mother, her brow creased in confusion, "You...did? But why?"

"My parents aren't going to be there so...I figured..." Tzuyu trailed off, not knowing how to continue her sentence.

"Oh...Why didn't you tell me?"

Tzuyu looked down at the floor. She felt so alone all of a sudden. All of her members were at their homes spending time with their families. And then there was her, planning to spend her holiday at the dorm, all by her pathetic, boring self. She loathed the idea, actually. She wanted to ask one of her korean members, to see if she could squeeze in on the ride to one of their homes. But it wasn't that easy. She couldn't just ask something like that. It was their private family time. And since she couldn't bring herself to intrude, she was going to be stuck in the dorm all by herself for three days.

Jihyo shook it off, seeing that the maknae suddenly got upset, "Nevermind. It doesn't matter. I'm sure you had your reasons. But you better go get dressed now, we gotta get out of here in 15 minutes."

"Eh?"

"You heard me. I am so not leaving my girlfriend alone in here for three days." Jihyo folded her arms, and unpatiently tapped her foot on the floor.

Tzuyu blushed and lost herself in her thoughts for a moment when she heard Jihyo call her 'my girlfriend'. It hasn't been that long since the two had gotten together, it all was still very new to Tzuyu and she was sometimes insecure about it. But when Jihyo held her in her arms at night and planted a gentle kiss on her lips or cheeks, murmuring nice things to her ear, she knew this kind of relationship was what she wanted to have with the older girl. And she did everything she could do to return the same and even more amount of attention and affection Jihyo was giving her.

Tzuyu came back to her senses when she heard her girlfriend calling out her name. She fidgeted with her hands, "But, I don't want to intrude...It's your own family time, Jihyo unnie. I'll be okay. It's just three days after all."

Jihyo unfolded her arms, her face softened, a sad glint present in her eyes. She closed the distance between them and cupped Tzuyu's cheeks with her hands, gazing into the younger girl's eyes, "Tzuyu, you are a member of my family. I want you to be there."

A small smile appeared on Tzuyu's face, and her cheeks popped out when she tried to smile between Jihyo's hands. Jihyo tenderly kissed her adorable girlfriend's cheeks before she squeezed them together a little more and pecked the younger girl on her pouting lips, making the maknae's cheeks slightly redden. She looked into Tzuyu's eyes one last time with a smug smile and pulled back, ushering her to go get ready.

 


Tzuyu really had fun with Jihyo and her family the first two days. But seeing Jihyo so happy with her family reminded her of her own and she couldn't help being sad at times. But at those times, Jihyo didn't let her be alone. She kept including Tzuyu into their conversations and showered her with so much affection that Tzuyu eventually forgot what she was sad about in the first place.

She had stayed in Jihyo's house before so the things weren't that new to her. But last time she was here, Jihyo wasn't her girlfriend. Or Jihyo didn't peck her lips when her parents weren't looking. Or she didn't pull her in their room to have some alone time.

Tzuyu felt happy. Jihyo made her feel right at home.

Now, only a day was left and Tzuyu found herself awake at night, looking up at the ceiling, thinking how her holiday would have been like if she was back in her hometown.

"Can't sleep?" Jihyo murmured, her eyes closed.

Tzuyu shifted in Jihyo's arms, further snuggling against the older girl, "Yeah..."

"Are you thinking about your parents...?" Jihyo asked softly, her hand playing with Tzuyu's hair.

Tzuyu kept quiet. Even though she was grateful for all the things Jihyo had done for her until now, she couldn't help but miss her parents. She had been so excited to spend the holidays at her home country that she was greatly disappointed when it had to be cancelled. But she didn't want to sound like she wasn't satisfied after all the things her girlfriend did for her.

Jihyo suddenly sat straight on the bed, looking down at Tzuyu, "Come on, get up. Let's take a walk."

"Unnie, it's really late..." Tzuyu buried her face in the pillow.

"Don't worry. I grew up here, I know everyone so it'll be safe." Jihyo tried to pull her up, "And besides, you look like you need it."

Giving up, Tzuyu sat on the bed and smiled softly at Jihyo before leaning in to give her a kiss on her cheek, making the older girl let out a toothy grin, "Okay, you got me, detective Jihyo. Let's go."

***

The streets were shrouded in the dark, dead silent as they walked hand in hand. Snow fell from the sky and landed on their coats, hair and face as if it was gently caressing them. Tzuyu pushed their linked cold hands into the pocket of her coat in hopes of getting them warm. They sat on a bench in a park, and watched the lifeless leaves fall while Jihyo leaned her head on Tzuyu's shoulder.

"Tzuyu?"

"Hmm?"

"Are you allright?"

Tzuyu refused to sigh as she tightened her hold on Jihyo's hand, and leaned her head against the older girl's, "I'm okay."

Jihyo lifted her head to look up at Tzuyu, blinking the snow out of her eyelashes, "You have that look in your eyes...I don't like it. You don't have to say you're okay, just tell me what's wrong."

"I'm fine, Jihyo unnie, really."

"Im your girlfriend, Tzuyu. You can tell me what's bothering you–"

"I said. I'm fine." Tzuyu replied, her voice stern, "Did we come out here so you can give me one of these talks again?" Her voice came out more aggressive than she intended to, making Jihyo annoyed.

"Well, maybe if you shared what your problem is, we wouldn't always have this talk. But you never do!" Jihyo spat.

Tzuyu looked away and scoffed, "Like you're any different..."

"Let's go back..." Jihyo got up from the bench, put her hands in her pockets with her back on Tzuyu, "Maybe we shouldn't have come out tonight."

The snow that was elegantly falling a few minutes ago, started to pour down heavily as Tzuyu stood up and shivered with a sense of regret in heart with how their talk had ended. Jihyo looked back only once and continued to walk fastly back to her house, knowing Tzuyu was following her.

The thick fog that came down suddenly, caught both of them off guard, and made it hard for them to see through semi-darkness.

Jihyo wanted to look back, to check if Tzuyu was still behind her, but her pride didn't let her. And when she finally did look back, it was too late.

Tzuyu was nowhere to be seen.

She panicked. She started to breathe erratically as she looked around for any signs of her girlfriend through the thick fog. She swallowed her pride and shouted Tzuyu's name a few times, expecting the said girl to answer back.

But she didn't.

Jihyo ran her hand through her hair, tugging at it, worried. Her eyes got wider and her heart beat quickened. She took deep breaths and calmed herself down. She had to find Tzuyu.

She got her phone out and called Tzuyu, hoping the younger girl brought her phone along. When she didn't get any answer, she threw the phone back in her pocket and jogged through the fog, hoping to find the maknae.

It's all your fault. You pushed her too hard and left her behind. Good job, Jihyo.

Guilty thoughts started to fill her mind, but she pushed them back, determined to find Tzuyu first. Even though it was really hard for her to see, Jihyo made it back to the bench they've been sitting on fifteen minutes ago. She looked around, retraced her steps while shouting Tzuyu's name. The residents were probably going to complain soon since she was shouting in the middle of the night, but she didn't care as long as she found Tzuyu.

Twenty minutes passed and the fog was slowly disappearing. But Jihyo still couldn't find her.With the hopes of finding the younger girl safe in her house, she walked the path to her house for the nth time, her eyes tearing up.

She released a huge sigh of relief when she saw Tzuyu leaning against the wall from a distance, rubbing her hands together to warm them up. She ran towards the younger girl, catching her attention.

"Jihyo unnie! Where were you?! I thought you got lost!" Tzuyu shouted, her eyes glistening with tears, holding Jihyo's forearms.

"Me?! Tzuyu, I grew up here, I thought you got lost!" Jihyo wrapped her arms around Tzuyu's neck, hugging her tight, feeling Tzuyu's arms wrap around her waist strongly. "I called your name but you didn't answer me...I–you almost gave me a heart attack," she said, her voice nothing more than a whisper.

A few seconds of silence passed as both of them thought of what to say.

Tzuyu broke the silence, "I...I'm sorry, unnie...You were only trying to help me and I just–"

Jihyo cut her off as she pressed her lips on Tzuyu's, kissing her ferociously, thinking that her actions would speak louder than her words. Tzuyu's back hit the wall, knocking a quiet gasp out of her at the impact, giving Jihyo the access to deepen the kiss. Tzuyu whimpered as she tried to return the feverish kisses as much as she could, feeling her cheeks heat up in the cold weather.

Jihyo pulled away and looked at Tzuyu with a mischievous smile on her face, "Sorry, I couldn't help myself."

Tzuyu smiled, tugging Jihyo's coat to pull her back in to place a tender kiss on her cheek. Jihyo giggled and pulled back a little, gazing into the maknae's brown orbs, "I just want you to know that if you have any problems, you can talk to me about them. And I promise I will do the same from now on."

Tzuyu nodded her head, "Good."

"Now, come on." Jihyo said, pulling Tzuyu by her arm, "I'm sooo tired. You know how long I searched for you, running around?"

"I'm sor–" Tzuyu started to apologize but stopped herself when she saw the smile on Jihyo's face, reassuring her that it was all good.

"How did you find your way back here anyway?" Jihyo questioned, bumping her shoulder on Tzuyu's playfully.

Tzuyu giggled, "Unnie, we took walks like, every day. Of course I remember the way back."

"Oh."

 


A/N: Hi guys! I hope you like this chapter, it was really fun to write lol. I wrote JiTzu since JiTzu won second place in the poll. So next up is TzuMo! Then DaTzu! And then JeongTzu! ╰(*´︶`*)╯

I know I'm really late about the whole Chuseok thing but oh well.

I'm so excited for the 'Likey' comeback but I'm also terrified because my exams start on the same day the mv drops. The same thing happened with 'Signal' too. *facepalms* why do they always have a comeback during my exams...just...WHY щ(゚Д゚щ)