A Chance? [JeongTzu]

Tzuyu Loves Everyone!

"Ah, Tzuyu! Look at this one! Isn't she a cutie?"

Jeongyeon narrowed her eyes as she watched her older sister and Tzuyu in front of her, quietly following them around. She'd been doing that since they got there. And she questioned the situation she was in: was this how it was supposed to go? Well, actually no.

Definitely not.

"Aww, she likes you, Seungyeon unnie." Tzuyu said as she smiled warmly at the sight of a white puppy sticking close to Seungyeon. Seungyeon melted at the literal puppy eyes and bent down to pick her up, cooing at how cute the puppy was the entire time. Tzuyu took a few steps forward and affectionately petted the little puppy in Seungyeon's arms. 

Meanwhile, Jeongyeon just found another puppy to give attention to.

A few moments later, she heard Seungyeon's whisper, "Thanks for letting me tag along, Jeong."

Jeongyeon forced a smile, "Yeah, sure."

Seungyeon shot a smile so genuine before leaving that Jeongyeon couldn't help but be guilty about how she was feeling. She glanced at Tzuyu from the corner of her eye and let out a sigh when Seungyeon crouched down next to Tzuyu and threw an arm around her shoulders, both of them laughing at how adorable the puppies looked.

Seungyeon always had always paid more attention to Tzuyu, it wasn't anything new. But recently, it started to bother her even more. Especially when Tzuyu would get clingy and cutesy around Seungyeon, just to irritate Jeongyeon, knowing how annoyed the girl got when her older sister would focus solely on Tzuyu, and she would be jealous of her for it.

But something was different this time.

Jeongyeon wasn't the type to sit around and do nothing about something she was annoyed about. She always spoke her mind and was very confident. But this time, she couldn't find the courage to be straightforward and act. As much as it was uncharacteristic of her, Jeongyeon found herself just watching from the sidelines as her sister literally treated the maknae like a precious jewel.

"Jeongyeon unnie!"

Tzuyu's voice snapped Jeongyeon out of her thoughts and she watched as Tzuyu ran over to her with the cutest, brightest smile. Jeongyeon felt the corner of her lips automatically turn up at the sight.

"Her name is Mo. Isn't she adorable!" Tzuyu held the puppy up and stared into its eyes with a blinding smile, "She looks like a puppy version of Momo unnie," she said, turning the puppy to face Jeongyeon, "don't you think?"

Jeongyeon laughed– the puppy really did resemble her roommate, "She does look like her."

Seungyeon popped out behind Tzuyu, placing her chin on the younger's shoulder meekly, "I'm hungry," she said pouting and Jeongyeon was ready to puke at her attempt at looking cute. Tzuyu seemed amused though, turning her face slightly to look at Seungyeon. 

Jeongyeon felt a sting in her chest again but she ignored it.

"Oh! There's this really good cafe I know, we can go there–" A phone ringing cut Seungyeon off, "oops sorry," she apologized and answered it, moving away from them to have some privacy.

When Seungyeon came back, she had a sad look on her face, "Sorry girls, my manager called: apparently my schedule changed up and I have a photoshoot today, so I have to go now." Seungyeon hugged them both– first Tzuyu, then Jeongyeon, "I'm really sorry but I'll see you later! Love you two!" She said in a hurry and started to half run, half walk towards the exit. Tzuyu showed her finger hearts and shouted shyly, "Goodbye Seungyeon unnie! Do well!"

"Yeah, see you!" Jeongyeon's voice followed and she herself waved as Seungyeon disappeared from their sight.

Jeongyeon turned to Tzuyu, "Are you hungry?"

Tzuyu shook her head, "I want to play with the puppies more."

"You mean Mo? Cuz I only saw you playing with her."

Tzuyu caressed the puppy's soft fur, "Do you think we can take her home for a day?" She asked, her voice low as she had no hope.

"Maybe," Jeongyeon didn't have the heart to say no to that face. "But you do know that one of our members have an allergy–"

"Momo unnie won't mind." Tzuyu simply answered, making the older laugh.

"I think one puppy at the dorm is enough though."

Tzuyu stared at her, confused.

"Our puppy is cuter too." Jeongyeon poked Tzuyu's cheek, "She's the perfect little puppy."

Tzuyu blushed and looked down with a shy smile.

Jeongyeon chuckled. Yes, this was how it was supposed to be in the first place. Just Tzuyu and her. Tzuyu put the puppy down on the grass.

The blush on Tzuyu's cheeks were still there as she tenderly and slowly held Jeongyeon's hand, a small shy smile on her face present. Jeongyeon's heart jumped in glee and she pushed a strand of her blonde hair behind her ear.

They walked hand in hand through the garden. Tzuyu occasionally made comments about the puppies being cute while Jeongyeon just listened to her, focused on their interlocked hands more than anything.

When they were finally on their way back to the dorm, it was dark and cold. Unfortunately they hadn't been given permission to take Mo home, and Tzuyu was super sulky over it. The older girl found it adorable that Tzuyu would sometimes act like a real maknae.

She threw an arm around Tzuyu, drawing her close to her as they walked in the cold weather. Their heights weren't that much of a problem and they walked comfortably.

Through their walk, Jeongyeon quietly pieced her thoughts together. She wasn't stupid enough to think what she was feeling was merely just friendship. But the thought of something else scared her. I mean, did she even have a chance for a relationship like that? It was dangerous for her to even think about ruining the group's chemistry by getting rejected. She was almost hundred percent sure that Tzuyu only saw her as an unnie she respected deeply.

"Jeongyeon unnie?"

Jeongyeon hummed, the other's soothing gentle voice saving her from the mess that was her thoughts.

"Um...I was thanking you for today but you just had a sad look on your face." Tzuyu looked forward, not meeting Jeongyeon's eyes, "Are you okay?"

The older girl smiled warmly at the concern, "I'm fine, don't worry about it."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. Yes I am, Tzuyu."

"Jeongyeon unnie?"

"Yeah?"

Jeongyeon then felt something soft pressing onto her cheek. She almost gasped at the feeling and felt her cheeks heat up. Her eyes searched for Tzuyu's and she found her looking unbelievably panicked and nervous. Not wanting to give the girl the wrong idea, she held Tzuyu's hand again. Immediately Tzuyu calmed down and smiled widely, her single dimple showing. As much as Jeongyeon hated PDA, she still decided to stand up on her tiptoes to give Tzuyu a quick peck on the cheek in return. Tzuyu was beyond shocked to see the older kissing someone willingly. But to Jeongyeon, she wasn't just 'someone'.

Jeongyeon found the oppurtunity to run away with the biggest smile she's ever shown to the world, shouting, "Come on! Let's go, Tzuyu-ah!"

Maybe she did have a chance after all.

 


A/N: A very short JeongTzu update! I felt like this was a little rushed, but I hope you all like it! :3

also, WHAT IS LOVE MV IS SO GOOD OMG