The Basement [DaTzu]

Tzuyu Loves Everyone!

"Darn it, not again..." Dahyun muttered to herself, walking out of the room with light steps as to not wake her fellow maknae line members.

The dorm was dark and scary at night. The laughter in the morning would leave its place to a profound silence around these hours. Dahyun didn't like it. Not one bit.

She stood before the stairs leading down the basement, looking down in pure horror. A few seconds passed as she stared into the darkness below her and a huge debate broke out within herself, making her hesitate about going down now or in the morning.

She found herself in her room again. She sat on her bed, wondering if it was okay to leave her snacks in the basement. It wouldn't bother her if they were closed shut, but as far as Dahyun remembered, she had left them all out in the open, which meant they could go bad easily.

She shook her head. Those snacks weren't something she could easily give up --especially when her stomach was begging her for some food, growling.

She looked around. To light up the basement, she'd have to go down first and find the switch. And no, that wasn't going to happen.

Her eyes fell on the sleeping girls as she observed the room. Maybe she could wake one of them up? It would be selfish of her, sure, but she could make it up to them by sharing those snacks.

On second thought, waking Chaeyoung wasn't really a good idea. As much as she loved the younger girl, she wasn't really willing to hear her never-ending scolding in  the middle of the night. Considering they weren't having much sleep nowadays due to their debut day coming up, Dahyun couldn't really blame her.

Tzuyu on the other hand, was another case. She knew Tzuyu wasn't that fond of sleeping, and Dahyun highly doubted she'd get scolded by her.

Tzuyu it is, she decided.

Walking on her tiptoes, she neared towards the sleeping girl. Tzuyu was sleeping so peacefully that Dahyun felt bad for what she was about to do. Tzuyu's long red locks had cascaded down the sides of the pillow as she slept, mouth slightly agape, her chest slowly rising up and down in a rhythm.

The sleeping beauty before her was so entrancing that Dahyun found herself staring, observing every little detail about Tzuyu's features. After she gathered enough courage, Dahyun gently shook her, trying to wake her up as she quietly called out the younger's name a few times.

Tzuyu's eyes slowly fluttered open and she groaned a little. The first thing she saw was a certain Dahyun wearing a sheepish smile. She sat up on her bed, rubbing the sleep from her eyes. "Is something wrong, Dahyun unnie?" she asked, her voice hoarse.

"I uh...I might have forgotten something in the basement...It's really important."

Tzuyu yawned. "Go take it then."

Dahyun fidgeted with her hands. "But It's scary down there..." she mumbled.

Sighing and rolling her eyes, Tzuyu threw the covers off herself, revealing the shorts which showed off her long legs and the cute sweater that had dog paw prints on it.

Dahyun almost squealed at how cute Tzuyu looked with her slightly disheveled hair while wearing that sweater she had bought for her during their first gift exchange ever in Twice.

Yeah, buying that sweater was a good choice, Dahyun thought.

Eventually they walked out of the room with light steps, stopping right before the stairs that led down to the darkness of the basement. Dahyun felt better knowing that Tzuyu was right there with her. She clinged on the younger's arm and got a little behind of her.

Tzuyu stifled the chuckle that almost escaped from and looked down into the darkness. She calmly started walking down the stairs, her hand gliding across the wall, giving her a sense of safety in the dark. Noticing that the hold on her arm was becoming more tight as she neared the pitch darkness, she intertwined Dahyun's trembling hand with hers, stopping on track to meet the older's eyes and give her a warm, encouraging smile. Dahyun couldn't help but smile back.

As they finally reached the surface of the basement, Tzuyu's free hand automatically reached for the light switch, turning it on instantly. Dahyun let go of her hand and ran towards her snacks, earning a questioning look from the taller girl.

When Tzuyu saw Dahyun carrying a bunch of snacks in her arms, she shook her head in amusement and a small smile appeared on her lips.

 


The second time Dahyun woke her up in the middle of the night was because she had forgotten her phone in the basement.

The third time, Tzuyu couldn't really remember but she knew it was another stupid reason.

As days passed, it became a routine for them. Dahyun would come to wake Tzuyu up, they'd go down in the basement, get whatever Dahyun had forgotten and return back to their beds.

But after some time, they started talking before going to sleep. They'd sit on the floor of the basement side by side and they would talk. It was mostly Dahyun who'd be talking.

Dahyun would talk about how nervous she was about their debut, and how scared she was about not living up to her fans' expectations.

Tzuyu had a few struggles of her own. But she didn't voice them out; she simply patiently listened to Dahyun, occasionally wiping the tear that escaped from the older girl's eyes. She didn't like seeing Dahyun like that. She wasn't very good at things like these, but she stayed beside Dahyun and offered her a hug to calm her down every now and then.

Dahyun wanted to laugh. She loved the little night talks she had with Tzuyu. But she also knew they were coming to an end. With all their debut preparations, they barely got enough sleep and Dahyun loved to sleep. She needed to sleep. So she decided to stop pretending she forgot something in the basement every night.

Oh, how Dahyun was going to miss staying up with Tzuyu. Or falling asleep on Tzuyu's shoulder. Or clinging onto her without getting teased by the other members.

Was it that obvious that she liked Tzuyu?

Maybe, the voice in Dahyun's head echoed. Now that she thought about it, she wasn't being very subtle. But considering Tzuyu was oblivious to everything -- which made her extra cute according to Dahyun -- it was possible for her not to have noticed. Dahyun was already falling for her during Sixteen. Living in the same dorm, practicing together and their lately meetings in the basement just quickened the process.

Tzuyu would laugh at every joke the older girl would make and it made Dahyun's heart swell with pride at how easily she made her smile. If she wasn't imagining, Tzuyu's sparkly eyes suggested that maybe her feelings were reciprocated. Or the stares the younger would give her when she was being too cuddly with Sana. Or were those stares for Sana? Dahyun hoped not.

Her feelings were getting out of hand and Dahyun knew she had to stop it.

She sneaked her way towards Tzuyu's bed again like she did almost every night. Tzuyu was awake like she had predicted, and somehow it made her feel even more guilty when Tzuyu threw the covers off herself again, getting ready to walk out of the room like their routine. Dahyun stopped Tzuyu before she got out of her bed. "I had a nightmare," she found herself say in a flash, cursing herself when the lie rolled off her tongue so easily.

Tzuyu looked at her curiously, raising an eyebrow. "Do you want to talk about it?" Tzuyu asked with her adorable accent, and Dahyun couldn't keep herself from ruffling Tzuyu's hair. Tzuyu sent her a glare and ruffled Dahyun's hair in revenge, chuckling when the older girl playfully pouted.

Adorable.

The logical thing to do would be to wish Tzuyu a goodnight and go to sleep before she did something she would regret later.  But something about the grinning girl pulled her in...like always. "Can I sleep with you?" She winced at the double meaning her words held. Tzuyu looked surprised but didn't hesitate to nod her head.

Dahyun released a sigh of relief as she lied next to Tzuyu, pulling the quilt closer to her small frame. She let out a surprised yelp when Tzuyu pulled her closer, wrapping her arms around her loosely. Dahyun's head was now buried in the crook of Tzuyu's neck and she could smell the addicting unique scent of the younger girl. She could feel Tzuyu's chest slowly rising up and down in rhythm against hers.

Dahyun's objective was to finish whatever 'basement' thing the two had before her feelings grew bigger. But when Tzuyu was like this, it was really hard for her to just let go.

She decided to forget about everything for a moment and relaxed, melting in Tzuyu's arms.

"Dahyun unnie...I think I like you."

....

....

...well that was a nice surprise.

 


A/N: This one's a short fluffy DaTzu! This isn't really what I had in my mind for this chapter but oh well. I'm content with the way it is, and I hope you all are too :D

This idea came to me when Dahyun talked about going to the basement with Tzuyu at night during one of their v lives : https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=WL&t=5s&v=Q8rEXlL8bb0 at 3:22

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SANA-CHANNN