Chapter 8

I Spy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Trigger Warning for this chapter!! 

The door bell rang.

 

“Coming!” Jisoo yelled as she shuffled down the hall. None of the girls were home and Jisoo was taking advantage of her alone time by playing mellow jazz music and cooking dinner with a glass of Prosecco.

 

She was mildly surprised to see Jinyoung at the door. With flowers, nonetheless. Jisoo hadn’t texted him in a week and she had been too busy at Incra to study in the library recently. It wasn’t like she was avoiding him, but ever since things were starting to get a bit more serious she was becoming more reluctant. The more she thought about moving forward with him, the more she thought about Taehyung’s words to her: how could she ever be with Jinyoung when he didn’t even know who she really was? Jisoo obviously would never be able to tell him the truth. Incra was unknown to the general public—only those involved in the government and private espionage groups knew of Incra. She couldn’t fully give and receive love from Jinyoung if he was her boyfriend. Jisoo refused to lie.

 

So what was the point of getting attached to Jinyoung? She would only end up leading him on and hurting him. She supposed all good things must come to an end. Jisoo had a horrible time letting people down. If she planned on really going through with this, she would be dealing with a guilty conscience for a while.

 

“Jinyoung! Wow, I wasn’t expecting you to be on my doorstep. Come in.” Jisoo welcomed him. He was dressed in a nice blue button up and cream colored khakis. Jinyoung was also sporting his characteristic boyish grin.

 

This would not be easy.

 

“Thank you for the roses, these are beautiful.” Jisoo put her nose up to the flowers, inhaling deeply. She grabbed a clean vase from underneath the sink.

 

“What are you cooking? I’m sorry I came without notice. I saw Rose and Lisa at the grocery store and they said you would love the company.”

 

“Oh did they? Of course they would.” Jisoo chuckled to herself.

 

Jinyoung stepped into the kitchen. “I can help you cook, if you’d like.”

 

She shooed him away playfully. “Don’t even worry about it. I made enough for two people in case Rose, Lisa, or Jennie wanted some food later. What you can do, though, is finish this bottle of wine with me.”

 

“I’d love to.” They clinked glasses.

 

And the night continued on smoothly. She was getting very drunk, and so was he. They ended up making some Moscow mules after dinner. He poured the drinks this time. There may have been too much vodka compared to the non-alcoholic ginger beer and like that was mixed in.

 

Jinyoung made her feel so at ease that she let her guard down around him. She couldn’t remember the last time they drank together. Jisoo did remember that it always resulted in one thing. And she was supposed to be breaking things off tonight.

 

Oops, maybe she did forget about that. She had always been a lightweight when it came to alcohol, anyways. Was it really so wrong? One last time for good old sake?

 

Jinyoung glassily eyed her. Even with her hazy mind and vision, she knew what he wanted. He was practically undressing her without even having to touch her. “Jisoo, we’ve known each other for four years now. Four good years.”

 

“You aren’t wrong.” She giggled.

 

“When I first got to know you freshman year, I thought you were the prettiest girl I had ever seen. The whole school shared my opinion back then and they still do now. It’s senior year and my stance has shifted slightly. You’re the most beautiful girl I’ve ever seen and I think I’d die if I don’t have you.”

 

“What?” Jisoo gulped down the rest of her drink.

 

“Be my girlfriend, Kim Jisoo. I’ve waited so long for you and you have no idea how badly I need you.” Jinyoung slurred.

 

She didn’t want to deal with this while they weren’t in their right minds. “You’re drunk, you don’t know what you’re saying.” Jisoo attempted to convince him.

 

Jinyoung stood up and crossed over the room to grab her hand and pull Jisoo to her feet. “I’ve barely resisted asking you sober so many times. I know what I’m doing. I wasn’t ready to be tied down to anyone when I was 18. Now that we’re about to graduate, I would be an idiot to let you slip away.”

 

Jisoo felt herself melt into his embrace. Not because she wanted to, but because she w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter