Chapter 6

I Spy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jennie and Jisoo were helping Rose with research for her new mission that she was given yesterday. Jisoo was enjoying work a lot more recently because she was able to be a mentor to the other girls and teach them about a couple of tips about being in the field. It made her feel like she was really making a difference in the company. If she wasn’t already tied down to her spy work, she would probably continue going to school and become a professor. But she would just have to stick to aspiring to be like Teddy when she was older. Thinking about taking a young, passionate spy rookie under her wing made warm feelings surge within her.

 

They were at Rose’s desk when they heard sniffling behind them. It was Lisa, and her eyes were teary and bloodshot. She had been crying.

 

The girls immediately took to her side. “Lisa, what’s wrong?” Rose asked.

 

Lisa put a finger to her lips, indicating that they should be quiet. “Meet me in conference room B on the second floor in 15 minutes.”

 

Jisoo nodded. She felt her heart about to break. Lisa was sensitive and naïve. Jisoo considered Lisa as her little sister. She knew that she could get emotional, but they had never seen her so upset to the point of crying.

 

Jennie’s face scrunched into a grimace and turned to Jisoo and Rose after Lisa left. “I’m not that good at handling other people’s emotions. You guys really need to stop me if I say something y.”

 

Jisoo rubbed her temples. “Something must be seriously wrong for her to act like this. But let’s act calm for her sake.”

 

When they reached conference room B, Lisa motioned for them to lock the door behind them and close the blinds. She seemed to have regained her composure for the most part, save for the occasional sniffle.

 

“I’m sorry if I worried you guys for a minute there. I was just told some shocking news that I was not supposed to tell anyone. But I need you guys to know. It had been killing me all day.”

 

“We won’t tell anyone. We’ve all kept each other’s secrets for over three years now. I just want to help you, Lisa.” Jisoo pleaded.

 

“Well… It’s kind of about Jungkook.” Lisa started.

 

Jennie, who had been silent so far, stood up abruptly. “Are you kidding me? You’re crying over a boy? You made all this commotion over Jeon ing Jungkook?” Jennie shouted in exasperation.

 

“Jennie!” Jisoo and Rose responded to her outburst.

 

Lisa looked like she was going to cry all over again. “You didn’t even let me finish, Jennie.”

 

Jennie looked a little apologetic. “Sorry. But when you come into work crying and distraught, and then tell us it’s about a guy you have feelings for, how else did you expect me to react?”

 

Rose interjected, “Jennie, don’t be a right now.”

 

That made Jennie sit back down. “You’re right. I apologize. Go on, Lisa.”

 

Lisa took a deep breath. “The only reason I started off with Jungkook is because he started this whole thing. And it involves all of us.”

 

“Jungkook told me today he was going to ask me to be his girlfriend. But he couldn’t. He said that he knew I was a spy.”

 

Rose and Jennie gasped. Jisoo’s eyes narrowed. It was only a matter of time before this situation was going to rear its ugly head.

 

“Are we compromised?” Jennie asked slowly.

 

Lisa shook her head. “No. I started to deny it to him, but he told me not to worry. He said he was also a spy. That entire group of boys is made up of spies.”

 

Rose and Jennie started to talk over each other, demanding more information from Lisa. It was chaotic.

 

Jisoo couldn’t take it anymore. “Quiet.”

 

They looked at her. “How are you managing to be so calm right now?”

 

Jisoo sighed. She wasn’t going to tell them, but there was no use lying to them anymore. She figured they should all be on the same page so they could protect each other.

 

“I want you guys to know that I’ve never lied to any of you before now. But I needed to protect my life. I’m so sorry. ” They looked so scared when Jisoo put her face in her hands.

 

“Lisa, I already knew they were spies. I’ve known for a couple of weeks now. I couldn’t tell you guys because I thought we would get hurt as a result.”

 

“How did you find out? Jungkook did not mention you knowing.” Lisa replied.

 

Jisoo closed her eyes. Her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter