Chapter 3

I Spy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There were only a couple of days left until Jisoo would have to leave for Samuel Min’s penthouse party in Los Angeles. She was glad that she didn’t have to worry about tests for a couple of weeks because midterms were finally over. Jisoo was able to spend more and more time at Incra. Teddy was training her like crazy in order to prepare her for her first solo mission.

 

Jisoo dodged Teddy’s punches stealthily and was able to spin behind him and put him in a chokehold. “Good job, Jisoo. Your form is impeccable now.” Teddy commented.

 

She bowed her head, both out of exhaustion and respect. “Thank you, Teddy. Practice makes perfect.”

 

“I know you’re really stressed about this mission. But I just wanted you to know that Dara didn’t send you out there to die. She knows you’re capable of executing it perfectly. Besides, you’re a huge asset to Incra. She, nor I for that matter, would ever let anything bad happen to you.” Teddy tossed her a water bottle.

 

“That’s all that I am to Incra. An asset. Not a person, but an asset that they’ve invested in.” Jisoo chugged greedily.

 

Teddy frowned. “That’s not true. Yes, Incra is a business at the end of the day. But you’re such a ray of sunshine in this dark place. Everyone cares for your well-being whether you know it or not. The girls would do anything for you. And I’ll protect you no matter what.”

 

Jisoo wiped a fake tear. “Teddy, you’re gonna make me cry!” They both laughed.

 

After another hour of training, Jisoo was able to leave. As soon as she left the building, she realized she would need to drive back to school to pick up a textbook from the library. She needed to do a little bit of reading on the plane this weekend for her research paper that was due soon.

 

Jisoo was driving for a couple of minutes before she got the strangest feeling. She glanced in her rearview mirror. That car seemed to be following her, since she took a convoluted route full of turns to get back to Myungwol.

 

The driver of the black car behind her had sunglasses on despite it being 8pm at night. It was dark outside, why would he need that?

 

Jisoo’s suspicions rose. She decided that she would drive to Myungwol as she usually does. If someone was following her, she could easily defend herself. Her best course of action was to act normally. As long as she could protect herself physically, she would be fine.

 

At least this is what she told herself as she gripped the steering wheel so tight that her knuckles turned pale. When she parked outside of Myungwol’s library, the black car parked in a couple of rows behind her. Out came a familiar looking man in sunglasses. Was that Yoongi?

 

“Yoongi?” Jisoo called out.

“Oh hey, Jisoo!” Yoongi joined her as they walked towards the library.

 

“Jisoo! What are you doing on campus so late?” Yoongi asked.

 

“I forgot to pick up some books at the library for my research paper. But I could ask you the same thing. Why are you here and why do you have sunglasses on?” Jisoo still had a tiny bit of suspicion.

 

“My eyes are very sensitive to light, so when I drive at night I wear sunglasses so my eyes don’t hurt from seeing other cars’ taillights. Also, I was going to meet up with Jin to do some studying. Wanna join for a little bit?”

 

“Uh, thanks for offering but I should really get home after I pick up my books.” Jisoo entered the library. She felt some relief knowing that she wasn’t being followed.

 

“Well, alright. You could also study with us this weekend, if you’d like.” Yoongi offered.

 

“I’m gonna be out of town this weekend, but next week I should be free!” Jisoo flashed him one of her famous big smiles.

 

“Oh, really? Where are you going?” Yoongi followed her up the stairs.

 

Why was he ask

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter