Chapter 3

Call Me JB Hyung : Epilogue

Call Me JB Hyung: Epilogue  Chapter 3

_____________________________________________________________________________________

It's been a few weeks of not hearing from my sister or my mom. 

 

Just yesterday I thought it was strange, but this changed when I finally received a call from my sister yesterday night accusing me of not contacting her.

 

I was forced to come home.

 

I could tell she only wanted to come home so I could take care of my nephew when she went out with my mom.

 

So right after work I stopped by Mark hyung's apartment to get coco, and now I'm standing in the middle of my house. 

 

"Mom? I'm home." I called out, listening to the silence.

 

It's actually been a long time since I've come home. If this was before, my mom would come over and pull me home.

 

But ever since I started my new job at the clinic, she doesn't bother me as much. 

 

This doesn't mean I don't get calls from her all the time and she doesn't come over every few weeks with food for us. She still does this. She does it a lot more now that I have no time to go see her.

 

When I accused her of treating me like a child one day, she suddenly had fake tears in her eyes and pulled at my arm, telling me she loved me and cared for me and wanted to see me. 

 

"Hello?" I called out louder, looking around the house and inside the rooms. 

 

After finding no one I sighed and took out my phone. 

 

No one's here. Where are they? 

 

"Coco-ah?" I called out for coco as I sat on the couch and dialed my sister first. When she didn't pick up I tried my mom. 

 

Coco suddenly ran towards me fast, barking loudly. I watched her slide around the floor, laughing as she slipped and fell on the floor. Even if many years have passed and she's become older, she's still so small.

 

"Hey." I laughed loudly. "Coco-ah, be careful." I scolded her and she stared at me for a few minutes, got up suddenly and barked at me.

 

"Come here." I patted the space next to me, listening to the ringing tone of my mom's phone. 

 

Coco ran towards me and I picked her up and put her down next to me just as my mom finally picked up the phone. 

 

"Hello? Youngjae-ah?" 

 

"Mom. Why aren't you home?" I quickly asked her. 

 

"Hello? Hello?"

 

"It's me. I just got here and you're not home." I whined, turning on the tv when coco jumped off the couch and ran away again. 

 

"Youngjae-ah?"

 

I sighed and listened to her saying hello over and over.

 

"Can you hear me?" I asked.

 

"Hello?" she continued repeating this, calling out my name loudly. I could hear loud talking noises of people in the background.

 

Where are they?

 

"Mom..." I mumbled.

 

Silence.

 

Soon enough the dial tone started going off and I sighed and stared at the phone, wondering where they were and why it was so loud that she couldn't hear me. 

 

I waited for almost an hour for them. Or at least I think it was an hour.

 

I fell asleep on the couch with coco. 

 

It was the loud sound of a door opening and closing and loud talking from my sister that woke me up. 

 

My nephew ran up to me first. I was still rubbing my eyes and getting up when he jumped on top of me and suddenly started tickling me. I laughed loudly and tickled him back.

 

"Ugh..." I chuckled. "...you're so heavy now."

 

He laughed and started repeatedly calling me uncle Totoro over and over again. This hasn't changed at all. Even if he's grown up, I'm still uncle Totoro. He was teasing me about my puffy face. Even if I fell asleep for only an hour, it seems my face was really red and big.

 

And funny.

 

I laughed and picked him up.

 

But soon he was moving around to get away from me when he saw coco. I laughed as he pulled away from me and started chasing coco around the house.

 

"Hey! Hey! Calm down. So loud." I heard my mom's voice. "Youngjae-ah, where are you?"

 

I walked into the kitchen, yawning loudly.

 

They were already putting food away.

 

"You weren't here when I came." I mumbled. 

 

"Come help us. We went to the grocery market." my mom said. 

 

So I helped them. It looked like they bought everything at the store.

 

"You bought a lot of food. Are you two having a party?" I laughed. 

 

"What do you mean? We have a guest. You didn't tell him?" my mom suddenly said. 

 

"A guest..." I mumbled, glancing at my sister. She didn't tell me anything about a guest. I thought the only reason she wanted me to come over was to babysit, unlike my mom who only wants me to come over so she can see me and lecture me.

 

"I got lost again."

 

I quickly turned around to the sudden voice I didn't recognize. 

 

"Ah...I was going to help." the girl behind me suddenly said. She smiled and walked up to us, standing next to my sister and taking a jar of spicy bean paste from her.

 

Who's this?

 

"Mina! Were you in the bathroom all this time?" my sister said loudly. She chuckled and shook her head.

 

I stood staring at them. 

 

Who's this? 

 

"You said to the right. All the doors were closed." the girl named Mina replied. 

 

They laughed and I continued staring at them, trying to figure out who she was. But I didn't recognize her at all. 

 

"Youngjae-ah. Why are you just standing and staring? She's really pretty right?" my mom suddenly patted my shoulder and I stared at her laughing. "Don't you know who this is? It's Mina. Mina. Kim Mina." she repeated the name. 

 

Mina? 

 

I still didn't know who she was, so all I could do was continue to stare and try to remember who she was. I couldn't even remember the name Kim Mina.

 

"Hey!" my sister suddenly yelled and hit my shoulder. 

 

"Oh...um...hi." I quickly said, rubbing my shoulder. 

 

"Choi Youngjae." the girl suddenly said. "Don't you remember me?" she asked.

 

"...Huh?" I stared at her.

 

"He probably doesn't. We were really young then right?" my sister suddenly asked. 

 

I continued staring, still confused.

 

Am I supposed to know her?

 

"We used to all play together back in Mokpo. Mina Mina. It's Kim Mina." my sister repeated the girl's name just like my mom did. I wondered if they thought doing this would make me remember her.

 

 I tried thinking back to that time of my life. I really couldn't remember anyone named Kim Mina from when I was a kid. 

 

"Hey...you really don't remember me? That's making me sad." Mina said. She suddenly pouted at me and I didn't know how to react. 

 

Back in Mokpo when we were younger we always used to play with everyone around the neighborhood. We played with a lot of different people. 

 

How can I remember a Mina out of all of the kids we played with? We were so young back then. 

 

"Ah...sorry." I apologized, feeling guilty. 

 

"Well it's fine. She's here to see you so you can get to know her again." my mom suddenly nudged my shoulder once again, this time even winking at me. 

 

What is that...?

 

"See me?" I continued staring at them as Mina pushed my sister's shoulder.

 

"She's really pretty right? Mina has grown up very good. She has a very good job in a fashion office now. She wanted to see you after so long. Aren't you going to let her sit?" my mom nudged my shoulder for the third time.

 

When we caught eyes she nodded and winked again. 

 

"Ah..." 

 

"It's ok. I know where the seat is. Is that your dog?" Mina suddenly asked, pointing to coco who suddenly came running into the kitchen with my nephew running after her. 

 

"Her name is coco." I quickly replied.

 

"Coco. That's so cute." Mina said. I watched her get down and try to call coco over. Usually coco is a very nice dog. She came running towards Mina without a second thought. 

 

I watched as this girl named Mina played with coco, laughing with her and making strange noises. 

 

I smiled at coco's reaction. 

 

She's always so happy to meet someone new. 

 

"She's so cute. She must be just a baby." Mina suddenly said. 

 

"She's old." I laughed. "She's still so small but it's been years since we got her." 

 

I watched her nod and look back at coco who was now on the floor exposing her belly. Mina rubbed her belly and coco made strange noises like a cat. Like Nora. I still remember the strange noises she would make back then when I patted her head or scratched behind her ear. 

 

Even if they haven't met yet, coco is strangely acting like a cat sometimes. Both Mark and JB hyung mentioned it before. I didn't believe it but seeing it now, she really is.

 

"Are you all hungry? I'm going to make some gimbap." my mom suddenly said. 

 

"It's because you don't want to cook." my sister said loudly.

 

I watched as my mom made a movement to hit her shoulder. My sister laughed loudly and we caught eyes.

 

"She doesn't want to cook so we're going to have gimbap." she said again.

 

I nodded and chuckled. 

 

"Hey! You! Help your mom!" my mom suddenly said loudly, pulling at my sister's arm. 

 

"You? You? Mom. Is this my new name now? I have a new name now Youngjae-ah." my sister and my mom started mumbling something about having a guest and not embarrassing her.

 

I laughed and watched them playing around. 

 

"I'll help. I'll help." I said, walking towards them. 

 

"Hey. You have a guest. Why don't you show her around?" my mom suddenly said, nudging my shoulder and nodding towards Mina who was still on the floor now playing with both my nephew and coco. 

 

"Guest? But she..." I stopped talking.

 

They said she came to see me. Why? I don't even remember her. 

 

"It's ok. We're having fun here with coco." Mina suddenly said.

 

I caught eyes with my mom and she sighed and nodded. 

 

We began making gimbap and even though I got scolded a lot for making mistakes, we managed to successfully get through the second plate of rolls. 

 

My sister was surprised. She's actually never seen me cook anything before.

 

"You got better. Did Jaebum help?" my mom asked.

 

I chuckled and nodded.

 

"JB hyung was frustrated so he helped me. He told me if I don't remember this recipe and make it myself he will never make me gimbap." 

 

I couldn't help but laugh loudly, remembering the day he threatened me. After teaching me the first time I got it wrong when I tried, so JB hyung threatened to not cook for me anymore if I didn't remember.

 

So for two weeks straight I made gimbap every night. So much that he got so tired of it and took back his threatening words. 

 

He made kimchi soup that night. 

 

"Hey. Really Youngjae-ah...don't you think it's been too long for this?" my mom suddenly asked.

 

I glanced at her, not knowing what she was suddenly talking about.

 

"Two men. Roommates for so long. This isn't good. It's time for you to properly introduce me to your girlfriend." she said.

 

"My girlfriend?" I repeated, confused.

 

She stared at me.

 

When I didn't say anything she smiled and patted my shoulder.

 

"It's ok. Your mom knows everything. You are no longer together with your girlfriend right? It's not something to be ashamed of. It's time for you to find someone that you can marry." she said, nodding.

 

"Marry?" I repeated.

 

"It's not too early. It's time. You're already 26 years old." she said.

 

"I don't want to get married right now." I said.

 

I knew she was going to start talking about this. It's why I don't call her. If she has something to talk about it's always either when she's going to meet my girlfriend or if I've broken up with my girlfriend so she can find me a wife.

 

When my mom doesn't call me to bring over some food or come see her, she calling to tell me she found me a nice and pretty girl who I will really like. It's always the same with her now.

 

But I didn't think she would suddenly bring it up in front of...our guest.

 

I glanced at Mina, who was still sitting on the floor playing with my nephew and coco. When I lifted my eyes my sister was staring at me.

 

"Hey, you three are loud. Come on let's go watch some tv." I watched my sister lift up my nephew. Mina lifted up coco and they disappeared.

 

I soon heard the sound of the tv.

 

"At least find a girlfriend to introduce to your mom. I waited all this time and you didn't even introduce your other girlfriend to me." my mom quickly continued complaining.

 

My heart was already beating abnormally when she mentioned the girlfriend I lied about. Well...I didn't lie. It's just the 'girlfriend' is actually a boyfriend right?

 

How can I reveal this?

 

I quickly remembered the conversation I had with JB hyung a few weeks ago about telling our parents. 

 

"It's time for you to get a proper girlfriend." my mom said. "It's also time to move out. You have money now to do this right?" she asked.

 

She doesn't tell me to come back home now, but she always asks why I just don't get my own place. 

 

I didn't know what to say to her, so I just stared, nodding and pretending to listen to what she was saying. 

 

"You have a better job and can afford to find your own place. Why don't you find a good girlfriend? I'm sure Jaebum wants this too." she said.

 

I didn't say anything. 

 

"Mina is such a sweet girl." she suddenly added, nudging my shoulder. "She came here just to see you." 

 

"What..." I mumbled. "...why do you keep saying this?" 

 

"What do you mean? You've known Mina since you were a child. How about you to go on a date?" she whispered to me. 

 

"Mom." I looked at her.

 

She looked back at me with a innocent expression. 

 

"Is this what it's all about?" I quickly asked, sighing. 

 

For the last few months she has talked about me moving out and getting a proper girlfriend nonstop. 

 

Whenever I see her it's all that she talks about. I got tired of it all a long time ago. No matter how many times I tell her I have a girlfriend already she won't believe me until she meets my 'girlfriend.'

 

But how can introduce my girlfriend who is not really a girlfriend? 

 

Unlike JB hyung. I admit I've never had good feelings about revealing our relationship. 

 

I'm not confident at all. 

 

"Hey." my mom nudged me on the shoulder again and we caught eyes. 

 

"Don't be mad at your mom. I'm not saying something bad right? What type of girl is so embarrassed to meet her boyfriend's parents? It's strange. Have you really thought about her real feeli-"

 

"Mom." I quickly stopped her, glaring at her. 

 

"Don't get angry at your mom. I'm just worried. Do you know that your dad has also said something about this." she whispered.

 

I looked away from her.

 

"We're just worried." she patted my shoulder.

 

"You don't have to worry." I replied.

 

"Can you believe that your dad said there's something strange about this girl. If she feels the same way then she should be comfortable meeting us." she continued whispering. 

 

I  watched her finally walk away towards the sink. I stared at her suddenly start cleaning the dishes, which surprised me. Whenever I come home my duties are the dishes. She even said so.

 

"Your dad is also worried." she said.

 

Dad? He really said something? How do I get out of this?

 

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. 

 

Even after all of these years I'm still afraid of my dad. It's not strange. It's because we barely have time to talk since he works all the time. But I get nervous when he gets angry. I can't just act cute like I do with my mom. So when my mom wants to properly scold us she tells him to do it. 

 

We've never really sat down and talked about anything serious. So I'm surprised he said something about all of this. 

 

"Youngjae-ah..."

 

My mom was suddenly standing in front of me. She smiled at me and ran her hand through my hair. 

 

"What? You're not going to say I'm messing up your hair?" she asked.

 

"I didn't do anything to it today." I replied, wanting to laugh.

 

I don't have time in the morning to do anything with my hair anymore. Not that I did anything really to my hair in the past. But I tried to keep  it neat for work.

 

"You know we love you." she suddenly said.

 

"What...." I mumbled.

 

"We do." she said. 

 

I slowly nodded. 

 

"Your dad said it's time for you to get married too. You know, we showed a picture of you to Mina the last time we went back Mokpo and do you know what she said?" she asked.

 

I shook my head no. 

 

"She said that you're very handsome. She wanted to come see you again. Why don't you try to-"

 

"Mom." I quickly interrupted her, my head beating fast.

 

I didn't know whether to be angry or understanding. 

 

They're my parents. I don't find it strange that they're trying to find me a nice and pretty girl. But I'm also an adult. Can't I find someone I want to be with and be with them myself? 

 

"You're angry?" she suddenly asked me. 

 

"I told you I don't want to talk about this anymore. I'll find someone I love and when it's the right time I'll bring them home." I whispered. 

 

"That's not it son. You can't just choose anyone. If we leave you alone you will choose someone who is not good. You have to choose someone who will make you happy." she frowned. 

 

"And Mina will make me happy?" I blurted out, forgetting that we were whispering. 

 

I glanced around and sighed in relief that Mina was no where near the kitchen. 

 

My mom stared at me and I sighed. 

 

"We're doing this because we love you." she said.

 

"I don't need it. I told you to stop doing this. I'm not marrying anyone right now and if JB hyung doesn't want me to move out then I won't do it." I said, sounding a little more angry then I wanted to.

 

I understood her, but I also didn't like her trying to force me to like Mina. I didn't like her trying to force me to love a girl they choose. 

 

It's just it's the same thing all the time. It hurts me that I don't have the guts to just say that I'm dating someone already and tell her who this person is. It also hurts me to see her sad. 

 

I'm both understanding and angry whenever she brings this up. I can never make up my mind on what I want to do. 

 

Maybe because secretly I know it's more like making a choice between two very important things.

 

Jaebum hyung or my family? 

 

I rubbed a hand through my hair again and let out a loud sigh. 

 

I'm hurting both JB hyung and my mom. 

 

"You're hurting me Youngjae." my mom suddenly said. 

 

I glanced at her. 

 

She frowned and pulled my hand from my hair. 

 

"I'm your mom. I know what's best for you. You can't go on and find a nice girl if you continue living with someone else. Think about how Jaebum feels. Doesn't he have a girlfriend he wants to bring home as well? But he can't do this because you're home right?" she asked. 

 

I didn't know what to say. I froze when she said I'm hurting her. 

 

I squeezed my hand in a fist. 

 

"I don't want to talk about this anymore." 

 

A short silence passed. 

 

"Well...Mina will start coming here more often whenever your sister comes over. If you don't bring home anyone that we approve then ask her on a date."

 

"Mom-"

 

"Hey. We've been waiting all this time. Is the food done yet?" my sister suddenly walked in.

 

I quickly stopped talking. 

 

"What's going on?" she asked.

 

"We're done with the food. Youngjae-ah take that plate to Mina." my mom said. 

 

I couldn't move. 

 

"Hey." 

 

I felt my sister's arm on my shoulder. I couldn't look at her. My heart was beating so fast. I wondered if she could hear it.

 

"What's wrong?" she whispered to me.

 

"Nothing." I shook my head.

 

"I'll-"

 

My phone suddenly started ringing.

 

I searched my pockets quickly, but by the time I found my phone the call ended. 

 

"JB hyung." I said loudly. 

 

"You didn't tell him you were coming here? Tell him to come by. There's a lot of gimbap." my sister nudged my shoulder and smiled at me.

 

I could tell she knew something was wrong. But this is what I really love about her. Whenever I have something going on she waits until I'm ready to tell her.

 

I remember a few years ago on the day I returned from service. That night where she told me to tell her if there's anything going on. She's always cared so much about me since my brother went abroad and never returned home. 

 

I grew up talking to her more than him. 

 

I glanced at her and she smiled and patted my shoulder.

 

"Whatever mom said don't listen. She's stressed because of what your older brother is doing overseas. But he's about to come home soon, then she can bother him." she said winking and laughing.

 

I stared at her.

 

"Hey!" she said loudly, hitting shoulder. "Don't look like that. My precious brother. My precious Youngjae-ah" she pinched my cheek.

 

"What? What are you doing?" I yelled, moving away from her. 

 

She laughed louder and picked up the plate of gimbap.

 

"I'll take this over. Call Jaebum back and hurry and come eat. Your favorite show is on" she said.

 

I watched her walk away, pulling my mom with her. I watched them disappear before looking down at the missed call on my phone.

 

If it's her I think I can tell her. 

 

I stared at the empty space she disappeared from again.

 

JB hyung has the confidence to want to tell his brother about us. Why can't I have that same confidence to my sister? 

 

The thought suddenly went through my mind and I smiled and dialed JB hyung's number, walking to my room. 

 

"Hello?"

 

"Hyung. Sorry." I quickly apologized. "As soon as I picked my phone up the call ended." I said, closing my door and walking past the many boxes of stuff to go sit on my bed. 

 

"You're at home?" he asked.

 

"I came to see my mom." I replied.

 

"Ah, you're there already." he said.

 

"Yes." I chuckled. 

 

A short silence passed. 

 

"I was buying some food. Did you want anything?" he asked. 

 

"Huh? No. We made gimbap. Do you want some?" I asked, smiling as I waited for his reply.

 

"You're going to make it?" he asked.

 

"We already made it." I chuckled. "She scolded me a little but you taught me well. I'll bring some home with me if you want." 

 

A short silence passed. 

 

"Hyung?"

 

"Huh? Oh, sorry. I'm just trying to decide which store to go to." he said. 

 

I chuckled. 

 

"Go to the one you usually go to." 

 

"I was thinking that place. But someone recommended a new place. He said I should try it." 

 

"Are you going there?"

 

"...no. I'll go with you later." he said. 

 

I smiled and nodded as if he could see me. 

 

"Unless you're going to make gimbap." he suddenly said. 

 

"What?" I laughed. "You want me to make it instead? Even if my mom made perfect ones already. Are you sure?" I asked.

 

"I like it fresh." he replied. 

 

"What's with that?" I couldn't stop laughing.

 

"So will you make it?" he asked. 

 

"You're being serious?" I asked.

 

"Yes." he replied. "I don't really want to waste money on food anyway. I'll eat what you make." 

 

"Really?" I asked.

 

"Hey, I said really." he said.

 

I laughed and nodded. "Ok. I'll can make it." I said loudly. "The last time I made it you said it was good right? I learned something new today, so I'll make it even better."

 

"Yeah..." he said. 

 

I chuckled and laid down on the bed, staring at the ceiling.

 

"Are you coming home tonight?" he suddenly asked.

 

"Huh? What...what's with this sudden question? You want me to come make gimbap right?" I asked. "Or you changed your mind?" 

 

"I didn't." he replied.

 

"They why ask me if I'm coming home?" I laughed. 

 

He didn't say anything. 

 

"I'm coming home. I won't let them force me to stay today. My mom was already saying some things that didn't make me happy earlier." I sighed.

 

"What? You want me to come over?" he asked.

 

"And do what?" I laughed. 

 

A short silence passed. I played with the piece of string hanging off of my pillow. 

 

"Are you okay?" he suddenly asked. 

 

"I'm-"

 

"Hello?" there was a sudden knock on my door and a voice I didn't really recognize.

 

"Hello? Youngjae-ah, can I come in?" the voice said again as a small knock surrounded the room. 

 

"Mina." I quickly stood up, walking to the door.

 

"Mina? Who's that?" I could hear JB hyung's voice from the phone. 

 

"Hold on hyung." I quickly said, walking to the door and opening it. 

 

"Hi." Mina smiled at me and I stared at her. 

 

"Your mom told me to come." she said, looking a little nervous.

 

"Oh...sorry..." I really didn't know what to say. 

 

"She said to hurry and come eat. She said if you're talking to Jaebum-sshi then tell him to come eat too." she said.

 

Why would she even tell you to come tell me?

 

I wanted to say something about it, but I didn't want to say something rude. 

 

"Ok." I nodded. "Tell her I'm coming...ahh...thank you." I didn't know what else to say.

 

She nodded and smiled before walking away. 

 

I sighed and put the phone back on my ear.

 

"Hyung...sorry I-"

 

"Oh and Youngjae-ah..." Mina suddenly said loudly. 

 

I looked up.

 

"Coco misses you too so please hurry up." she smiled wide and I slowly nodded, a little embarrassed. 

 

When she finally left I closed my door and walked back to sit on my bed.

 

"Hello?" 

 

Silence. 

 

"Hyung. Are you still on the phone?" I asked.

 

"Who was that?" his sudden voice made me nervous. 

 

"It's..."

 

I thought about whether or not I should tell him everything that happened.

 

"It's...no one..." I mumbled.

 

I decided not to. We just got over a small fight already. I didn't want to talk about Mina and I didn't want JB hyung to worry about her either because there's nothing to worry about. 

 

The silence continued after my words and my heart was beating so fast. I wanted to ask if there was something wrong, but I knew that would start the conversation about Mina that I didn't want to have. 

 

I wanted to talk about me making gimbap again. I wanted JB hyung to tease me about something stupid. I didn't want to talk about something that would ruin the mood.

 

But the mood is already ruined isn't it?

 

"Hyung? I have to go." I mumbled. 

 

He didn't reply.

 

"JB hyung...are you there?" I asked.

 

"Yeah. Ok. I'll see you later tonight." he suddenly said.

 

"Ah...yeah...umm..." 

 

I lifted my legs and put my head on my knees, staring at the wall. 

 

"What is it?" he asked.

 

"I...can't wait to see you." I quickly said. 

 

When I realized what I said I quickly lifted myself up, feeling my whole body go hot. 

 

I could hear JB hyung chuckling from the other side of the phone.

 

I relaxed and smiled. His laughing never fails to make me feel better. 

 

"What? What's so funny?" I asked.

 

"I can't wait to see you too." he replied.

 

My heart skipped a beat. 

 

"Um...ok....bye." I said nervously.

 

"Bye." he replied.

 

I waited. 

 

"Um...I'll hang up." I said.

 

He laughed. "Ok." 

 

I slowly hung up the phone and fell back on the bed, stared at the ceiling with a silly smile forming.

 

I really like this hyung.

 

This was all I could think and smile silly about until there was a sudden knock on my door once again and small voice calling out for me - uncle Totoro. 

 

This time I followed my nephew out of my room towards the couch in front of the tv where they were already eating. 

 

When I sat down with my little nephew I tried not to pay attention to what my mom was talking about, but it was hard not to. 

 

I was playing with my nephew and coco when I heard my name for the fourth time. When I looked at her she was looking at me.

 

"Huh?" I stared at the three people sitting in front of me. 

 

"I said why don't you show Mina around tomorrow. She's never been to Seoul before." my mom said.

 

"Huh?" I said again, still staring at them.

 

"Tomorrow is a Friday right? You're not doing anything after work. It will be great to show Mina around right?" she said.

 

"Ah, it's ok. If Youngjae has to work then-"

 

"He comes home early." my mom quickly interrupted Mina.

 

You're not even asking me.

 

"So come pick her up tomorrow." 

 

I caught eyes with my sister. Since when was she suddenly on my mom's side?

 

"It's a Friday right? You don't work on Saturdays." she said.

 

I stared at her.

 

"It's Friday?" I asked.

 

She nodded.

 

JB hyung. 

 

"I can't." I quickly said.

 

"What? What do you mean you can't?" my mom quickly asked me. 

 

The promise with JB hyung. Fridays and the weekends are the only days we have time to spend a lot of time together alone. 

 

"I have something to do." I quickly said.

 

"It's ok-"

 

"What are you doing?" my mom quickly interrupted Mina again. 

 

I glanced at her.

 

"I...have plans." I mumbled, really embarrassed when the image of JB hyung suddenly popped up.

 

"What? What plans? You can just show her around for a few hours. Why are you like this when your friend came here to see you?" my mom didn't seem like she would let this go so easily.

 

Of course. Only a few hours ago she was trying to force me to marry this girl named Mina that I played with when I was a child. 

 

I didn't know what to say. 

 

I didn't want to show Mina around.

 

Not because I don't like her or anything. 

 

But...

 

"I have plans with JB hyung." I quickly said. 

 

"You see Jaebum every day isn't he your roommate? I'm sure he won't mind." my mom patted my shoulder. " Just come show Mina around a little tomorrow. You can take her to eat something and maybe go watch a movie."

 

I stared at her hard, feeling more than a little angry and annoyed that she was still trying to push me to do something I didn't want to do.

 

"It won't be bad. Just tell Jaebum that you're showing Mina around. Or how about you go with Jaebum?" my sister suddenly said. 

 

I glanced at her.

 

"Don't bother Jaebum." my mom said.

 

I patted coco's head and sighed. 

 

"Come tomorrow." my mom said.

 

I didn't say anything. I couldn't say anything. Even if I don't live with them anymore and I'm an adult now, it's still hard for me to go against my parents. 

 

By the time I was ready to go home I wanted to quickly leave. I pulled on my jacket and argued with my mom about leaving.

 

But in the end I won. 

 

I wanted to see JB hyung, especially after everything that was happening with Kim Mina and my mom. 

 

I called for a taxi and left the house with coco in my arms.  

 

By the time we finally made it home I was already tired. When I opened the door coco jumped from my hands and I let her run away. 

 

She ran straight into my room where she has one of my socks rolled up into a ball and hidden away in my closet. It's her favorite toy now. 

 

I went straight for the shower, got my clothes ready for tomorrow and quietly walked into JB hyung's room.

 

When I knocked he didn't answer.

 

He's asleep? 

 

"Good night hyung." I said loudly, smiling at the door.

 

I turned around to leave when he suddenly called out my name.

 

I quickly turned back to the door and opened it. The room was dark. 

 

"You're not asleep?" I asked.

 

"Come in. Don't let coco come." he said.

 

I chuckled. 

 

Coco is trained and doesn't use the bathroom inside anymore, but a few weeks ago when I had her, she slept on the bed with me and JB hyung and we found a surprise the next morning. Since then JB hyung doesn't want her on his bed. 

 

"Then I'll be back." I joked, saying it in English like I was the terminator. 

 

I closed the door just a little and walked towards my room. I left my desk light on and checked on coco who was already laying down. 

 

"Coco-ah be good okay?" I whispered.

 

She ignored me.

 

I laughed and walked back to JB hyung's room, slowly closing the door behind me. I left it open a little in case coco really had to come in.

 

Nervously I walked to the bed and stared at JB hyung's figure on the bed. Even if it was dark I could see he left my usual space next to him empty for me.

 

"Lay down." he suddenly said.

 

"Ah...right." I chuckled and laid down in my spot. Even when I don't sleep on his bed JB hyung always leaves this spot for me no matter what. 

 

It's like he's become used to it. Even if we don't sleep in the same room every single day. 

 

"I'm so tired." I yawned loudly and closed my eyes. 

 

A short silence passed and I almost fell asleep when I suddenly felt an arm around me, pulling me back and close to a warm body. 

 

"Hyung..." I mumbled. 

 

"Who's Mina?" JB hyung suddenly asked.

 

"What?" I tried to turn around but he wouldn't let me.

 

"You were calling for Mina when I was talking to you earlier." he said.

 

I quickly remembered everything that happened at home. I remembered who is Mina and why she came to visit with my sister. 

 

Should I tell him or not?

 

I was thinking of what to say for a long time. I didn't want to lie, but I also didn't want to tell him everything that happened and why she's here. 

 

"Hey." 

 

"Umm...she's just...my sister's friend. She's a childhood friend from Mokpo. I don't really remember her. She came to visit with my sister." I said.

 

"She came with your sister?" JB hyung asked.

 

My heart was beating fast.

 

"Yes..." I replied. 

 

"Ok." he said. 

 

I felt myself calming down, but I also felt bad that I didn't tell him what happened. 

 

It's been happening a lot more and I try to not tell JB hyung. Whenever my mom calls she talks about a pretty girl she wants to introduce me to. She always talks about bringing my girlfriend over and getting married.

 

For the past few months it's all we argue about, and I don't want JB hyung to know.  

 

"I have to go in early tomorrow. You want me to drop you off?" JB hyung suddenly asked.

 

"Huh?" I didn't know what he was talking about since I was thinking so hard about the situation. 

 

"To work. I have to go early tomorrow. You want me to wake you up?" he asked. 

 

"How early?" I asked.

 

"Two hours earlier." 

 

"Hul...that's early."

 

I could hear him chuckling.

 

"Let you sleep?" he asked.

 

"I'll catch the bus." I replied.

 

He continued chuckling. 

 

"You know...hyung?"

 

There was no answer.

 

"Hyung. JB hyung? Are you sleeping?" I tried turning around but he wouldn't let me.

 

"Jaebum." I said.

 

"Yes?"'

 

"Were you sleeping?" I asked.

 

"No." he replied.

 

"You didn't reply to me." I mumbled.

 

He didn't reply. 

 

"It's not hyung?" I tried pulling away but he was holding on so tight to me. 

 

"I won't go anywhere." I laughed.

 

No reply.

 

I sighed.

 

"You won't let go?" I replied.

 

"No." he replied confidently.

 

I chuckled and sighed. 

 

"It's hot." I mumbled.

 

"It will get better." he replied.

 

I sighed again, smiling as I closed my eyes.

 

"Good night." JB hyung suddenly said.

 

It made me smile even more. "Good night." I replied. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

 

I woke up to the sound of coco's barking and the wet feeling from her my face.

 

"Huh?"

 

I opened my eyes and she barked even more and continued my face. 

 

"What are you doing here?" I asked, yawning and picking her up. 

 

As soon as I lifted myself up the my alarm started ringing, scaring me. I quickly let go of her and got up, stretching wide and finally remembering that I slept in JB hyung's room yesterday night.

 

"Did he leave the door open?" I stared at coco playing with her tail. 

 

I managed to finish everything as quickly as I could. Coco wouldn't let me leave but after talking to her and leaving her food, I finally left the apartment.

 

It's been a year since we started training her to stay home by herself. We close all the doors and leave her food. At first she left the whole apartment messy, but now we put everything away so she can't reach it. 

 

Even though we've trained her, it's the first time I'm leaving her home by herself. All day at work I couldn't stop thinking about what she was doing. I hoped she didn't use the bathroom on JB hyung's shoes again. 

 

"Your phone is ringing."

 

I felt a tap on my shoulder and I looked up at Soojung who pointed at my phone and smirked. 

 

She's been asking me about how it turned out for my friend and his boyfriend all day, winking and giggling and patting my back once I told her 'my friend' and his boyfriend worked it all out. 

 

I wouldn't give her any more details, so she whined about it all day. 

 

I sighed and chuckled and she laughed and walked away.

 

It was JB hyung. 

 

"Hello?"

 

"You sound tired." he suddenly said.

 

"I do?" I stared at the time on my computer. I always overwork and don't look at the time. "Are you waiting in the front?" I quickly asked, getting up and putting my things away.

 

"You left coco home by herself?" he suddenly asked.

 

"Ah..." I chuckled nervously. "Mark hyung said she's trained now. All she needs is food and she won't make a mess." I tried convincing him. "Wait...are you home?" I asked.

 

"Jackson wanted me to go with him somewhere. We took coco. She wouldn't stay home." he said.

 

"Ahh..." I nodded. "Did she make a mess?" I asked. 

 

"She didn't. It was surprisingly clean." he said. "But she wouldn't let us leave her alone again." 

 

I laughed and nodded, putting my things in my bag. 

 

"I don't like leaving her by herself all the time. But if I take her to Mark hyung's apartment his roommate will take care of her and I won't have time to go see her." I sighed.

 

"It's fine. It's fine. She can stay as here as long as you want." JB hyung said. 

 

"I have her for two weeks." I yawned.

 

"Hey. Are you tired? Do you want me to come pick you up?" 

 

"Where are you?" I asked.

 

"Near your old school. You'll have to wait a little. Jackson in still inside the store." 

 

"Where's his car?" I asked.

 

"He said his friend is using it. I think it's his secret girlfriend he doesn't want us to know about." JB hyung laughed and I chuckled and nodded. 

 

"I'll take the bus. It shouldn't take that long. I'm leaving no-"

 

"Hey. What do you mean you'll take the bus? Did your forget that your second favorite sister drives? I'll drop you off." Soojung suddenly said.

 

"Ah? Really?" I looked at her.

 

"Hey, why don't you ever ask me?" she asked.

 

I laughed.

 

"Hyung. JB hyung?" 

 

"Yeah?" 

 

"Soojung noona is going to drop me off. I'll see you and coco at home then." 

 

A short silence passed. 

 

"Hyung?"

 

"Yeah?"

 

"Did you hear me?"

 

I suddenly heard coco bark and I chuckled.

 

"Is coco bothering you?" I asked. 

 

"She won't stay still. I'll take her for a walk while we wait." he said.

 

"Ok." I laughed. 

 

"Youngjae."

 

"Hm?" 

 

"Today is our day." he suddenly said.

 

"Huh?" I didn't know what he was talking about. 

 

"Today's Friday." he suddenly said.

 

I suddenly knew what he was talking about.

 

My body felt hot, I wondered if my face turned red.

 

"Ah...ah..."

 

"Okay?" he asked. 

 

"Um...uh...."

 

"Hey. Today you're mine." he suddenly said.

 

"What....hyung what are you-" I glanced at Soojung who smiled.

 

"You got it?" JB hyung asked.

 

"Ah...ye...yes." I replied, so embarrassed I couldn't feel my cheeks slowly turning hot. I hoped Soojung didn't hear.

 

We decided that we wouldn't try doing anything until Friday since we both don't have to work on the weekends. JB hyung has really stuck to his promise.  

 

He hasn't tried anything at all and now he's suddenly saying this. 

 

"Do you want me to get you anything?" he suddenly asked.

 

"Get me anything?"

 

"We're at the store. You want me and coco to get you anything?" he asked.

 

"N-no. I'll...I'll make gimbap today." I quickly said.

 

"You will?" he teased me. 

 

"What...did you forget?" I laughed.

 

"I didn't." he replied.

 

"I have to go. Coco won't stay still at all. Maybe she has to use the bathroom." he said.

 

"Ok. Ok. I'll see you later."

 

"See you." 

 

The phone went off and I smiled.

 

"What are you smiling so big for over there?" Soojung suddenly asked. 

 

"Huh? Me? Oh..."

 

She laughed and shook her head.

 

"Are you ready to go?" she asked. 

 

"Yes." I smiled and grabbed my bag. 

 

Once again she tried to get me to talk about 'my friend and his boyfriend' but I wouldn't give her an answer so we started talking about work for the whole ride.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

 

By the time I got home I was really tired, but I quickly changed and got ready to make the gimbap. 

 

Putting on earphones and turning up my music, I began cooking. 

 

I didn't pay attention to anything else, so I was really surprised when I heard someone yell my name so loudly that I quickly turned down my music and turned around. 

 

Coco ran towards me barking loudly. 

 

I smiled and kneeled down.

 

"Coco-ah, welcome back. I missed you." I stared at her.

 

I wanted to pick her up, but I was still wearing gloves with food on them. 

 

She barked and circled around me. I laughed and stood up. 

 

"Where's JB hyung?" I asked her.

 

She barked. 

 

"Where is he?"

 

"Youngjae-ah?"

 

"Yongjai~"

 

Through the music still playing I could hear my name being called over and over, so I turned it off completely, realizing it was Jackson hyung's voice. 

 

"I'm in the kitchen!" I yelled, turning back to the food and picking up the knife to cut the rolls. 

 

I took more time than I thought because I wanted it to be perfect. 

 

I stared at the roll, remembering my mom said to be careful when cutting it. It was a disaster when I helped her before.

 

I got closer to the roll.

 

"Hey."

 

I flinched as my earphones fell from my ear and I turned around to Jackson hyung and JB hyung closing the fridge.

 

"You scared me." I said.

 

"You scared me. Put the knife down." he said.

 

I laughed and put it down.

 

"I was surprised when you said you're in the kitchen. You've become so domesticated."

 

I quickly hit his shoulder.

 

"Hey!" with a smirk on his face Jackson hyung stared at me.

 

I sighed.

 

"You're making the gimbap?" JB hyung suddenly asked.

 

I nodded, picking up the knife.

 

"It's hard to cut." he said.

 

"I know." I laughed. 

 

I managed to cut 10 very perfectly. I was so excited I picked one up and turned around. 

 

"Will you eat some hyung?" I asked Jackson hyung.  

 

"Hey. It's scary."

 

"What..." I laughed. "...JB hyung said it's fine the last time I made it. This time my mom taught me yesterday too."

 

"Still scary." Jackson hyung said.

 

"It really is good." 

 

I turned around and watched as JB hyung grabbed a roll.

 

"Really?" I asked.

 

Before I knew it Jackson hyung grabbed my arm and pulled my hand to his mouth.

 

"What..." I chuckled, pulling my hand away after he ate the gimbap.

 

"Big mouth." I mumbled. 

 

"Hey...Choi Youngjae, you're trying to say I have a big mouth?" Jackson hyung tried to talk with his mouth full. 

 

I laughed loudly. 

 

"Ah...it is good." he suddenly said. "You really became domesticated."

 

"What!" I hit his shoulder hard and watched as he laughed.

 

"Here. Let me take this." Jackson hyung suddenly grabbed the plate of rolls and before I could stop him he ran away with coco running after him. 

 

I sighed. 

 

"You need help?" JB hyung leaned on the counter, staring at me.

 

I suddenly remember what he said earlier and felt my whole face going red. 

 

"I...don't." I mumbled.

 

"Your whole face can still get so red." he suddenly said.

 

"What..." I mumbled and lifted my hand to hit his shoulder. He laughed and grabbed my arm. He suddenly did something that made my heart stop beating. 

 

I watched as my hand was kissed. 

 

My whole body went hot and I quickly pulled my hand away. JB hyung let me go and chuckled.

 

"See you tonight." he teased. 

 

I couldn't say anything.

 

"Hey! You two stop flirting and come on!" Jackson hyung suddenly yelled. 

 

"Hey! Wang Jackson!" JB hyung yelled back. I turned around and couldn't help but laugh as I watched him walk away. 

 

I slowly looked at my hand, my heart beating so fast.

 

Finally I cleaned up and washed the dishes just as coco ran into the kitchen. I laughed and picked her up.

 

"You miss me?" I asked her.

 

She stared at me and barked.

 

"Such a cutie. Who's the cutie? Coco-ah is." I played with her.

 

"What are you doing?" 

 

I looked up and Jackson hyung had his phone pointed at me.

 

"What..." I said loudly.

 

"What's going on?" JB hyung asked.

 

I watched as Jackson hyung showed him the video he just took of me playing around with coco.

 

"He's so cute! Like an otter right?" 

 

"I'm still an otter?" I asked them, putting coco down.

 

"Yes." they both replied and I glanced at JB hyung. 

 

They both smirked at me and I sighed. 

 

"I'm going to shower." I mumbled.

 

"Are you mad?" Jackson hyung asked.

 

"Huh?" I looked at him and he walked up to me and put his arm around my shoulder. 

 

"Don't be mad." he said.

 

"What? I'm not." I laughed. 

 

"Really?" he asked. "Leader-sshi..."

 

He looked at JB hyung. I looked at JB hyung who was staring hard at me. 

 

"He's not." he finally said.

 

"What...how do you know? So strange." Jackson hyung said. 

 

I laughed and pulled away. "I'm going to go take a shower." I said again.

 

They nodded and I smiled.

 

"Hey! Coco-yah!" JB hyung suddenly yelled.

 

I laughed as he picked up coco before she could follow me. 

 

I took a long time in the bathroom.

 

When I walked out it was quiet. 

 

"Jaebum hyung? Are you here?" I said loudly, walking towards JB hyung's room. 

 

I peeked inside his room and he was sitting on his bed using his computer. What surprised me more was coco was on his bed. 

 

"Shh...she's finally sleeping." he said, pointing to her.

 

"I'm sorry." I smiled, putting my hands together to apologize.

 

He nodded. 

 

"You let her on the bed?" I whispered.

 

"She followed me." he replied.

 

"She loves you more than me now you know hyung?" I chuckled, trying by to be quiet. "I'll go get dressed." 

 

"Hey."

 

"Hm?" 

 

I turned around and he was staring at me as hard as he did when I first met him.

 

"You're mine tonight." he suddenly said.

 

My heart skipped a beat.

 

"What...you keep saying it." I mumbled, completely embarrassed.

 

"Your mom called earlier. About you taking some girl out to go see the city." he suddenly said.

 

My heart skipped a beat again. This time for a different reason.

 

I completely forgot. Fridays and the weekends are the only times JB hyung and I get to see each other. I promised him my time every Friday, but there was not way I could get myself out of what my mom was saying yesterday night. 

 

A short silence passed.

 

"You...picked up my phone?" I asked.

 

"She called me after she called you two times. Why? You didn't want me to pick up your phone?" he asked.

 

He sounded annoyed. 

 

"No...no..." I quickly said. "...I told you that you can." I mumbled.

 

"Who's Mina?" he suddenly asked. The same question from yesterday night. 

 

I stared at him. 

 

"What do you mean? I already told you." I mumbled.

 

He stared hard at me. I could really tell he was annoyed.

 

"She's...really just a-"

 

Coco's sudden bark scared me as she got up and ran out of the room.

 

We woke her up.

 

"Sorry. Coco-ah..." I called after her. 

 

"You said she's a childhood friend." JB hyung said.

 

"She's just a friend." I nodded.

 

A long silence passed. 

 

He doesn't believe me?

 

I watched as he suddenly got up and walked towards me. JB hyung stared at me hard with an annoyed look on his face and I stepped back, a little scared. 

 

Why?

 

I don't know. 

 

"A friend your mom wants you to date and marry." he suddenly said.

 

"I didn't lie." I quickly said.

 

He stared at me. "I didn't say you lied. Why are you shaking? After all of these years no matter what I do you're still so scared of me." he said.

 

"I'm...not..." I quickly said.

 

"Then why didn't you just tell me yesterday. Why are your hands shaking? You're stepping back too." he said.

 

"Ahh...sorry." I quickly apologized. 

 

Another silence passed. 

 

"Youngjae." he suddenly said.

 

I looked at him. 

 

"Today's our day." he said.

 

"I'm sorry..." I apologized again. "She wouldn't let me say no. I told her I have plans with you already but she wouldn't-"

 

"Why can't we just tell her?" JB hyung quickly interrupted me.

 

"What?" I looked at him. 

 

"You said I can. Why can't you?" he suddenly said.

 

"Hyung we can't-"

 

"Damn!" he suddenly yelled, making me flinch and coco came running inside the room again. That's how loud he yelled. That's how much JB hyung was annoyed. 

 

We just talked everything out a few weeks ago. Why this again?

 

"Forget about it. Just go." he suddenly said.

 

"Hyung-"

 

"Your mom is waiting outside for you with Mina and your sister. I told her you'll come outside as soon as you're done." he said.

 

I stared at him get back on the bed and pick up his computer.

 

"Jaebum hyung..." I mumbled.

 

"Hm?" he looked at me as if nothing just happened a minute ago.

 

"I...I..."

 

Tonight. I'll come back early and...I want to be with JB hyung. I don't want to go.

 

"..she's really a childhood friend only. If my mom said something it was a lie. I don't want to go hyung. I want to stay with you." I covered my mouth quickly as soon as I said it. 

 

"Hey." 

 

I looked at him.

 

"Hurry and go."

 

I frowned.

 

"Ok. I'm sorry hyung." I quickly said and turned around to leave. Coco followed me to my room and watched me put on clothes. After two more calls from my mom and sister I finally told JB hyung I was leaving and left a barking coco.

 

For the rest of the day I could only think about JB hyung. We've spent every Friday together due to the promise we made. This would be the first Friday we haven't spent together. 

 

JB hyung has become interested in couple activities. Even if I say it's a waste of money we go to the movies. We go out to eat and even go to karaoke just the two of us sometimes. We've been to a bath house and went to a Thai massage store that BamBam recommend. 

 

Beside that stuff we've also done some other things. Things we both can do since we have no work Friday evenings and the weekends. Fridays have made it so we see each other more.

 

I really don't want to be here. 

 

I checked my phone, but there were no calls or messages from JB hyung.

 

It's been three hours. He's not worried? 

 

What am I thinking? 

 

I felt my face beat up.

 

What would he be worried? He told me to go. 

 

But he looked really annoyed. I should make it up to him when I get back.

 

"Hey! Why are you spacing out again? You've been spacing out all this time." my sister suddenly hit my shoulder. 

 

"Hey!" I yelled at her and she hit me again. 

 

"You two! Don't do this in front of Mina." my mom said loudly.

 

Mina laughed and I sighed.

 

"I'm really tired. I want to go home." I mumbled. 

 

"Who's this tired? You haven't paid attention to us all this time. Are you really my son? Don't you want a pretty girlfriend who likes you?" 

 

"Mom!" 

 

I yelled and watched a blushing Mina looked away. 

 

"I'm really tired. We've been walking all day. I also worked earlier. My back is aching and I have a headache." I mumbled.

 

I felt a hand in my hair. 

 

"He doesn't look very good mom. Maybe we should send him home." 

 

I nodded, glancing at my sister.

 

"He really doesn't look very good. Are you sick Youngjae-ah?" Mina asked, a worried look on her face.

 

"I'm just not feeling very good. We can do this many other times right? Can I go get some rest at home?" I asked, rubbing my forehead.

 

"Come with us home." my mom suddenly said, getting up and walking to me. 

 

She put her hand on my forehead.

 

"I'll make you some soup."

 

"No. I want to go home." I quickly said.

 

"Hey-"

 

"Mom. He wants to sleep on his bed. Let him go home." my sister said.

 

She managed to somehow convince my mom and the next thing I knew I was standing in front of the apartment door, keying in the passcode. 

 

I opened the door and coco came running towards me. I smiled and picked her up.

 

"I missed you too coco-ah." I stared at her and she my hand.

 

"Hey." I laughed loudly and put her down, closing the door behind me. 

 

It was really quiet.

 

Is he asleep? 

 

"Jaebum hyung? Hyung?" I called out to no answer. 

 

"Coco? Where's hyung?" I asked coco and she barked and ran away. I laughed, took off my shoes and followed her towards JB hyung's room. 

 

"Hyung. JB hyung?" I called out when I got closer to his door.

 

"In here." he replied.

 

I smiled and quickly opened his door. "I came back early because-"

 

I stopped talking. Sitting on JB hyung's bed was his brother and his girlfriend. 

 

"Ah...I didn't know you were here." I quickly bowed and greeted them. 

 

I didn't know what to do after this so I stared, wondering what was going on. 

 

"Ah...I didn't know someone else was here." I blushed. 

 

"We're talking." JB hyung said. He was sitting in the seat at his desk. 

 

"Umm...I came back early. Uhh...I smell like food so I'll go take a shower." I quickly said.

 

They nodded and I nodded back, still nervous. Even if JB hyung and I have been together for a long time, I haven't seen his brother or his girlfriend in a long time. 

 

"Ahh...coco." I called out for coco who barked at me. 

 

"You can leave her here. Can she stay?" 

 

I stared at the girl, then at JB hyung.

 

"She can stay. Is that okay?" he asked me. 

 

"Ah...yes." I quickly replied. "I'll just go shower." I said nervously, turning around to quickly leave the room. 

 

I took a long time in the shower, wondering why JB hyung's brother and his girlfriend were here.

 

Maybe they're just visiting. They've never visited before. I remember JB hyung said his brother wanted to see the new apartment. 

 

I sighed and stepped out of the shower.

 

We won't get any time together at all tonight.

 

I frowned, rubbing my forehead. 

 

I didn't really feel sick when I said so when I was out, but suddenly I do feel sick. I squeezed my eyes tight and sighed. 

 

When I walked out of the bathroom it was still quiet. I quickly made my way to my room and laid down, sighing loudly. 

 

I was almost asleep when I heard a knock on my door and coco's barking. 

 

"It's open!" I quickly got up, staring at the door.

 

JB hyung never knocks. 

 

The door opened and JB hyung walked in with coco behind him barking loudly. He ran a hand through his hair and walked inside, closing the door behind him. 

 

Coco jumped onto the bed and I laughed and rubbed her head. 

 

JB hyung sat on the bed and fell backwards, laying on his back. 

 

"Were you sleeping?" he asked. 

 

I yawned and denied it, even though I was so tired and the feeling from before didn't go away yet. 

 

"They left." he said.

 

"Yeah." I nodded, smiling at him. 

 

"I told them."

 

I didn't understand what he meant. 

 

Suddenly JB hyung lifted himself up and hugged me. 

 

"Wait-" I felt myself being pushed back and coco ran from my hands. 

 

"Wait hyung...coco...coco..." I thought he wanted to do it. To do that. 

 

I pushed him back a little. 

 

JB hyung knows that I can't do anything if coco is in the room.

 

He moved away and laid down on the bed next to me.

 

I stared at the ceiling for a little before glancing at him, my heart still beating really fast. 

 

"Coco..." I mumbled again. 

 

"I told them." he suddenly said.

 

I stared at him. 

 

"About us." he said.

 

I suddenly knew what he was talking about. My heart started beating even faster and louder.

 

"I told them how I feel about you." JB hyung repeated. He moved around a little and suddenly I felt his head close to my shoulder. His head disappeared in the space between my neck and shoulder and he sighed. 

 

"It took me everything. I was worried but I finally told them." he said. "Are you mad?" he suddenly asked me.

 

I really didn't know what to say, so I slowly lifted my arms and wrapped them around him. 

 

"It's...it's ok." I mumbled. 

 

His hold on me tightened. 

 

"It's ok?" he asked me.

 

"I said you can." I mumbled. 

 

"Right." he said.

 

I stared at the ceiling, then at coco playing with my socks. 

 

"I want to tell my sister...It will be better to tell her first." 

 

He didn't say anything. 

 

"...I'm scared hyung." I mumbled.

 

"Me too." he replied.

 

I smiled and tightened my hold on him. 

 

A long silence passed. Coco wasn't barking or moving around anymore. I glanced at her and she was falling asleep.

 

I could feel JB hyung's heart beating. I could hear his heart beating. He didn't move at all. I wondered if he fell asleep too. 

 

"Are you asleep?" I asked. 

 

"No. Am I heavy?" he asked.

 

I chuckled.

 

"A little." I replied. 

 

He began getting up when I tightened my hold on him.

 

"It's ok." I said.

 

He didn't say anything.

 

"It's still Friday hyung..." I mumbled.

 

He didn't say anything.

 

"JB hyung." 

 

"Hm?"

 

"Do you..." I paused. "...want to?"

 

He moved slightly.

 

"You watched something strange again?" he asked.

 

"I promised you but then I had to leave. If you want to then let's-"

 

"No." he suddenly said.

 

I stared at the ceiling.

 

"I want to just stay like this." he suddenly said.

 

It made my heart skip a beat.

 

"Ok." I smiled at the ceiling and lifted my hand to touch his hair.

 

"Your hair is soft hyung." I mumbled.

 

"Mm." he replied.

 

"Are you falling asleep?" I chuckled.

 

"Mm." he mumbled.

 

I smiled and glanced at coco move to put her head on my leg. 

 

You two...how can I sleep like this? 

 

I chuckled and sighed, staring at the ceiling again. 

 

It wasn't long before I started feeling sleepy again and closed my eyes. 

 

JB hyung didn't move from in between my legs, coco didn't move from my leg and I fell asleep with the both of them using me as a pillow.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

a/n please let me know of any edit mistakes. i tried hard to edit properly. ^.^