Chapter 2

Call Me JB Hyung : Epilogue

Call Me JB Hyung: Epilogue  Chapter 2 

___________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Even though the TV in the other room was really loud. I could hear that it was raining outside. 

 

I kept my eyes closed and listened to the rain, almost falling asleep again. 

 

Actually, I was surprised that JB hyung didn't try to wake me up at all. Even on the weekends he usually would try, then give up when I wouldn't wake up.

 

He didn't try to wake me up at all today. 

 

So it took me a few minutes to really wake myself up when I suddenly heard the loud sound of falling pots and pans. 

 

Slowly I opened my eyes to the bright light in the room and yawned loudly, staring at the ceiling before turning to see an empty space next to me. 

 

I looked around the bright room and rubbed my eyes. 

 

"Jae...bum?" I mumbled. 

 

He wins again. He's up before me.

 

We've been playing this type of game recently. Mostly on the weekends when we both don't have any work. It's a game of who gets up first. Whoever wins gets one wish from the other, and for the last month JB hyung has been winning every weekend. Every weekend even if there's no work he wakes me up.

 

Since it's become so busy at the clinic it's also became hard for me to get up early. 

 

Usually it's so hard because I just want to sleep in, but this is not the case when there's something that's forcing me to sleep in.

 

It's become really hard for me to wake up if JB hyung and I spend the previous night doing...'that.' 

 

It's been a long time again and my body can feel exactly what happened yesterday night.  

 

I rubbed my cheeks at the memory of the other night, feeling a little embarrassed. I can't ever get over the feeling of seeing Jaebum hyung's face after doing 'that.'

 

I continued laying there staring at the ceiling when a familiar voice suddenly surrounded the room. 

 

"Hey. Come eat." JB hyung walked up to me and stared down at me, his arms crossed. 

 

"What...I'm coming." I laughed and couldn't help yawning.

 

"Guess I won again." he suddenly smirked and even winked at me.

 

I glanced at him.

 

"Not fair. You...yesterday..." I trailed off and looked away from him. 

 

"Me. Yesterday. What?" 

 

I could hear the snicker in his voice.

 

"What...you're being mean." I mumbled.

 

He laughed and I could suddenly feel a hand go through my hair. 

 

I looked at him and he smiled. "I was too rough yesterday, I'm sorry." he suddenly apologized. 

 

"What..." I pulled his hand away, feeling my body going hot. "...what rough? Suddenly saying embarrassing things. I'm fine." I mumbled, listening to him laugh.

 

I'm fine alright, but after going through all that yesterday night, I'm really tired out. 

 

"What is it? Something on my face?" I quickly asked him.

 

JB hyung stopped laughing, but now he was staring at me. 

 

"What...why are you staring?" I chuckled nervously and nudged his arm.

 

"I mean it." he suddenly said.

 

I stared at him. 

 

"I'm sorry if I was too rough." he suddenly said. 

 

I stared at him. 

 

It took us a long time to start doing it, and even if at first it was hard for me to get used to it, Jaebum hyung was slow and gentle for me. But now that we've done this so many times, now that I'm used to it, he's really showing me sides I've never seen before.

 

I didn't know that when I asked if he wanted to do it, that he would pull me onto the bed and not let me go for hours. 

 

But that's what happened yesterday night. 

 

It wasn't until early this morning that I was let go. When he asked if he could continue JB hyung continued more than twice. He wouldn't stop touching me. Even thinking about it makes my whole body go hot. It's so embarrassing. 

 

"I'm fine." I finally said, smiling up at him. 

 

He nodded and suddenly moved his hand towards me. 

 

"Do you need help getting up?" he asked.

 

I stared at him.

 

But I don't blame him because it's really my fault that I keep pushing him away. If I didn't do anything about it then we would still be fighting about it. So it doesn't surprise me what happened the other night. 

 

"Hey."

 

"Hm?"

 

"Are you okay?" he asked, a worried look on his face.

 

I slowly nodded and smiled. "I'm going to go to the bathroom before I eat." I mumbled. 

 

Jaebum nodded and suddenly grabbed my hand. 

 

I looked at our interlocked hands and then at him. 

 

"I'm helping you up." he said. 

 

I nodded and he helped me get up, even though I felt fine, just a little tired out. 

 

"So what do you want?" I asked, walking to the closet to go find a shirt.

 

"What?"

 

I turned around and JB hyung was standing there staring at me. He hasn't stopped this either. When I ask why he stares at me so much he always replies that it's because he likes me. More recently he's been saying the other L word as a reply. 

 

I shook my head, chuckling at his confused face.

 

"We haven't played it since our fight, but you won again, what's your wish this time teacher Im?" I asked, chuckling as I walked up to him.

 

He stared at me, and then suddenly wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me towards him. 

 

"Wha-"

 

A kiss to my cheek. 

 

"What...hyung..." I mumbled, trying to pull away.

 

He laughed. "You're nervous?" he asked. 

 

The only time I call him hyung now is either when we're with others, or when we're alone and he's doing something that makes me really embarrassed or nervous. 

 

"I'm not." I replied. 

 

He laughed. He was so close that I could feel his breath on my neck. 

 

"But hyung...I'm really tired so..." I nervously mumbled, looking at anywhere beside his face.

 

"What?" he asked. 

 

I tried pulling away but he wouldn't let go.

 

"It's just...if that's what you want to do again...just not now. I'm really tired from yesterday." I mumbled, trying my best to not catch his eye even though he was staring at me so hard like usual..

 

A short silence passed and he started laughing. 

 

"You think I want to pull you into bed again? No. Not that. It's hard for you sometimes right? I was rough yesterday so you probably don't feel so good. That's not my wish." he said.

 

I looked at him. 

 

"Go shower, I'll tell you later." he suddenly started pushing me towards the door. 

 

I didn't get a chance to say anything. He even the shower for me and then left the bathroom only to come back with towels and some clothes for me. He came back one more time with a bottle of water. 

 

I couldn't stop laughing.

 

Taking my shower I could already tell that what JB hyung wanted from me would be out of my hands. While I was showering I really wondered what his wish was. 

 

When I finished and walked towards the kitchen JB hyung was washing dishes. I walked up to him and peeked over his shoulder, wondering what he cooked.

 

"You made kimchi fried rice?" I asked.

 

He smiled and nodded. "We have too much kimchi." he mumbled.

 

I laughed. "Because my mom brings some every week now. She won't listen to me when I tell her it's enough. Everything smells like kimchi now."

 

I watched him as he chuckled. 

 

It didn't take him long to finish. I was more surprised that he didn't leave the dishes for me like we usually do. Our routine is that if I try to cook something, he washes the dishes, and if he cooks something, I wash the dishes. 

 

We both clean the apartment together.

 

"I could have washed them." I watched him finish up the last bowl and wipe his hands.

 

"You're tired right? It's ok. I didn't have anything else to do while waiting." he said, pointing towards our small eating table in front of the tv that was set up with food already.

 

"Go sit." he said.

 

I slowly walked away, glancing at him, then at the food on the tv.

 

He really makes it look pretty.

 

I sat in front of the food, my stomach already making a lot of noise. 

 

Even if JB hyung usually cooks for me when I wake up, even if he is usually the one who handles everything in the kitchen, it is really rare for him to do something like this. He would usually have me help him set up the table or clean the kitchen after he's done cooking.

 

But there's something I've realized in the past two years when he doesn't ask for my help. JB hyung rarely does something like this. In the past two years whenever he does do something like this, it means there's something he wants to talk about. 

 

The last time he did this, it was because we went exactly three months, almost four without doing anything. By anything, I mean doing 'that.'

 

Yeah, two months isn't the longest. 

 

At that time it wasn't JB hyung's fault as well. When I thought about it that night I came home and he made a lot of food, set up the table, put the tv on a show that I really like, and even washed the dishes, he asked me if he could hold me that night. 

 

So cheesy...really cheesy. But somehow it made me feel strange. It made me feel really strange.

 

I was so surprised. I was shocked. 

 

I wondered why he was asking. Because he doesn't usually. That was in the beginning when we were both still new to it all. 

 

So I told him he didn't need to ask, knowing that I had to go to work early the next morning. So early that next morning, I limped into work with eye bags, and slouched shoulders and I received a lot of questions about my health.

 

When I told JB hyung that night, he laughed for a long time, and then pulled me into his arms and didn't let me go for the rest of the night until we fell asleep. 

 

Back then I told myself I wouldn't silently push JB hyung away, or do something that would make him think I didn't want to do it or else I would suffer the same of what happened that night and the next morning two months ago. 

 

I told myself, but then again another two months passed and I'm sitting here feeling uncomfortable from what happened the other night just because I didn't have the courage to tell JB hyung how I was feeling. 

 

I'm not hurting in any way, but when JB hyung wants to show me how much he likes me, he doesn't just whispers embarrassing things in my ear all night, but he really shows me how much he likes me. 

 

He really wouldn't stop whispering it in my ear.

 

I tried to cover my face. 

 

He held on so tight.

 

It's not like I ever said no to us doing it before, but when I think about it now, I did unintentionally keep pushing him away without an explanation. 

 

Now that I think about it, why couldn't I just tell him that it was hard for me on a work day? It's not something so hard to say. Why am I like this?

 

With excuses like having work, going to see my mom, or going out with the guys. Every time there would be something I stopped JB hyung with. 

 

I didn't purposely do it, because even if I have become used to us being together and doing 'that', sometimes I'm still very uncomfortably tired afterwards. The problem is that I found it really hard to tell JB hyung. 

 

Too hard.

 

Why?

 

"What are you thinking about so hard?"

 

I caught eyes with the person I was thinking about and felt my cheeks going hot. JB hyung sat down next to me and turned the volume higher on the tv.

 

"Nothing much..." I mumbled. 

 

A short silence passed and I glanced at him. He really had something important he wanted to talk about. He was looking at me like he was waiting for me to ask him what was wrong.

 

He's really easy to read now.

 

"What's your wish?" I asked, staring at him.

 

We caught eyes again and I smiled. 

 

JB hyung slowly smiled back. 

 

"I'm going to tell my brother. Then hopefully I can tell my parents."

 

I didn't forget. Of course I wouldn't forget something as important as this. I'm the one that promised him.

 

But maybe I didn't think he was being serious. 

 

"In another two months it will be our tenth year." JB hyung said.

 

I slowly smiled and nodded. 

 

"And you still won't let me go." I joked.

 

"Hey." he scowled at me and I chuckled. He hates when I say this. 

 

"What?" I chuckled. 

 

He continued scowling, looking away with an annoyed look on his face. 

 

"What...hyung." I hit his shoulder. "I'm sorry. Sorry." I apologized and nudged his shoulder over and over. 

 

He still didn't respond. 

 

"What..." I chuckled. 

 

He didn't move. 

 

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry....You know how I feel about you hyung." I mumbled.

 

He still didn't move.

 

He also still really hates it still when I call him hyung. Even if I only say it when I'm nervous or if there are other people around. 

 

"I like you." 

 

He glanced at me. I smirked and chuckled.

 

"I really like you." I repeated.

 

"I love you." he suddenly said.

 

We caught eyes and I slowly nodded. 

 

A few minutes of silence passed and I picked up my bowl of rice and started eating slowly.

 

"Youngjae..."

 

"Hm?" 

 

I stared at the tv, unable to look at him. 

 

A short silence passed again and I heard JB hyung sigh.

 

"What's wrong?" I turned to look at him finally.

 

"Are you tired?" he suddenly asked.

 

I stared at him, confused. 

 

JB hyung didn't say anything.

 

"Um...I'm only a little tired. But I don't have to go to work today so I can just sleep some more right?" I chuckled. 

 

"No." he suddenly said.

 

I stared at him confused. 

 

"Are you tired of this?" he suddenly asked. 

 

I stared, finally understanding what he was trying to say. 

 

"Why would you think that? I told you it's not because I didn't want to do it with you, it's really just because-"

 

"It's not about that. Youngjae...I'm going to tell my brother. I'm going to tell my parents. I'm going to ask you to marry me. I want to know if this is really what you want. I don't want to force you to do any of this. You still treat me like I'm just your friend, sometimes even your brother. It frustrates me." he suddenly revealed.

 

I stared at him.

 

"A...are you tired of this?" I asked him back. 

 

"Never." he quickly replied. "I already told you how I feel. All the time." he said. 

 

I slowly nodded, staring at the watch on my wrist.

 

JB hyung once teased me that I never take it off. It's not true. I do take it off. But maybe I put it on more than I should. I'm not even going anywhere today and I put it on.  

 

"Look..." I moved my hand towards him. "I wear this. I wear it all the time. Even if I get teased by the guys all the time and they joke around about it being my secret ring and I'm secretly married I don't care because you gave this to me." 

 

I played around with it.

 

"I promised you after ten years I would be ready. I'm ready." I mumbled, looking away from him.

 

I knew he was staring at me. 

 

"I'll tell my sister. I'll tell my parents. If it's what you want hyung then-"

 

"That's what frustrates me." he suddenly said.

 

I glanced at him.

 

"You always say this. If it's what you want...I want to do this for you...you can touch me if you want...it's always what I want. Is this what you want Youngjae?" he suddenly asked. 

 

My heart was beating really fast. From his look I could tell JB hyung has been thinking about all of this a lot."

 

"Hyung..." 

 

He didn't respond.

 

"...Jaebum." I said loudly. 

 

He still didn't say anything. 

 

"You're really possessive."

 

"What?" he looked at me.

 

I chuckled and lifted my legs to put my head on my knees and stare at the food. 

 

"You're so cool and sweet at the same time that sometimes I'm confused." I mumbled. "You can have any girl you want..."

 

"Hey-"

 

"But you still keep on choosing me after ten years." I interrupted him, turning my head to look at him. 

 

"I always say that I like you. I always call you hyung and treat you like my friend or older brother...but you know that my feelings are more than that right?" I asked.

 

He stared at me. 

 

I looked back at the food.

 

"I wouldn't sleep with a friend or older brother." I mumbled. "This frustrated you. But do you know what frustrates me?" I asked.

 

He didn't say anything.

 

"It's almost ten years you're right. But it's almost ten years and you still doubt my feelings for you." 

 

Silence. 

 

"Jaebum..."

 

Silence.

 

I turned to him and smiled.

 

"You look surprised." I chuckled. 

 

He still didn't say anything. 

 

"Lets eat." I smiled just as my stomach made a loud noise. I laughed loudly and picked up my bowl of rice once again. "Thank you for the meal!" I said loudly. 

 

He didn't say anything.

 

We ate in silence until there was no more food. That's how hungry we both were.

 

I glanced at JB hyung and he looked like he was thinking about something serious again.

 

He's sulking. 

 

"I'll wash the dishes! You cooked and washed everything else." I quickly said. 

 

"I'll do it."

 

"No." I quickly stood up, stopping him from getting up. "I can do it." I smiled down at JB hyung and started picking up the empty bowls. 

 

"I want to go somewhere today. Can you?" he suddenly asked me.

 

I looked down at him and smiled. 

 

"Let's go!" I said loudly, laughing. 

 

JB hyung nodded and I turned around and walked into the kitchen. There weren't a lot of dishes since he washed them all before. 

 

I began washing them, looking over my shoulder and peeking in the living room to see a still sulking JB hyung. He didn't move at all.

 

I wonder where he wants to go.

 

I glanced over my shoulder again and sighed. 

 

He's frustrated because I treat him like a friend? I don't know how he sees this. Does he think I'll let a friend...do what we did yesterday? Even if it was JB hyung and we were only friends...does he think of me in that way? 

 

"Jaebum!" I yelled. 

 

"What is it?" JB hyung quickly yelled back. 

 

I laughed at his response. 

 

"Don't come here!"

 

"What...then come over here. Why are you yelling?" he asked. 

 

"You know...can you hear me?" 

 

"Hey! Come over here." he yelled.

 

"No listen...you can hear me right?" I asked, staring hard at the bowl I washing.

 

"Yes. I hear you." he finally said.

 

"Yesterday night...you misunderstood...that was something I wanted to do. I didn't do it because you wanted to." 

 

Silence. 

 

"Actually...I'm thinking about it now and I still don't get it."

 

"What?" he asked loudly. 

 

"What's so great about my body anyways?" I scrubbed hard at the food on the plate. 

 

"I mean...I don't have a great body so...I wonder why you-"

 

"Hey Choi Youngjae! Shut up!"

 

I flinched at the loud voice.

 

"I don't want to fight about this again. I love you, not your body. So stop thinking that's all I want." he yelled.

 

"What...stop yelling embarrassing things. We have neighbors!" I yelled

 

"Then you stop yelling and come here!" he said.

 

He voice was close when he said this. I turned around and just missed him as he walked away. 

 

I stopped washing the dishes, staring at the bowl in my hand.

 

"Hyung?" I said loudly. 

 

"What?"

 

"Are you sulking?" I asked.

 

"No!" he replied loudly.

 

"Jaebum." I called out his name.

 

"What is it?"

 

"You're really not sulking?" I smiled. 

 

"What...I told you I'm not." he said. 

 

I kept staring at the bowl, suddenly thinking of something embarrassing, but also something I wanted to do. 

 

I took off my gloves and walked towards JB hyung sitting on the floor and flipping through channels on the tv. Standing behind him, I slowly ran my hand through his hair and pulled his hair back.

 

"Hey, what are you-"

 

I leaned close and quickly kissed his forehead.

 

"I love you." I mumbled. 

 

He didn't move.

 

"You know that right?" I asked. 

 

"...yeah." he replied after a long time. 

 

I smiled and let his hair go, fixing it for him. 

 

"I'll finish the dishes." I chuckled and walked back into the kitchen. 

 

It didn't take long. I finished quickly and walked back to the couch. JB hyung was playing a game on his phone. 

 

"Are we still going?" I asked, waving my hand in front of him.

 

He looked up at me.

 

"What...why are you looking at me like that?" I sat next to him. "You said you wanted to go somewhere." I smiled.

 

"I do." he replied.

 

"I'm finished." I said, wiggling my fingers in front of him. 

 

He stared.

 

"You always stare at me." I laughed and laid back on the couch, stretching out my legs and arms and closing my eyes.

 

"Ah...I'm so tired." I mumbled. 

 

"Can you still go?"

 

I opened my eyes and JB hyung was staring down at me. He was so close that I had to push him back.

 

"What....I said we can go." I laughed. "You keep asking."

 

He continued staring at me.

 

"What?" I laughed, hitting his shoulder. 

 

"Your body..." he mumbled. 

 

"What? What did you say?" 

 

He mumbled something again. 

 

"What...hyung...do you want to go or not?" I asked.

 

"I'm going to change." he suddenly got up. 

 

"Ok!" I said loudly, chuckling at his sudden behavior. 

 

"Hey."

 

"Hm?" 

 

We caught eyes. 

 

"You're really alright?" he asked.

 

"I'm fine." I smiled. "If something was wrong I would tell you okay?" 

 

He slowly nodded and left.

 

I chuckled and sighed. 

 

Even if we rarely do 'that,' I'm still used to it by now that it's not as painful as the beginning, but still JB hyung thinks that I'm in pain every time. 

 

We can joke around like when I was too embarrassed to say what happened yesterday night and he smirked and tried to make me say it. Even so, he still worries too much. This hasn't changed at all. 

 

I laid back down on the couch, sighing just as my phone started ringing. 

 

Jr hyung. 

 

"Hello?" I quickly picked up. 

 

"Hey, Im Youngjae."

 

"Im Youngjae!?" I said loudly, almost choking. 

 

"Yes. Im Youngjae. What's happening with you two? Why does your husband keep coming here and complaining?" 

 

"Husband!?" I said loudly. "What...hyung what are you suddenly saying?"

 

"Don't get embarrassed. You two have been together for ten years already. That's practically a married couple. Your almost like my parents."

 

I didn't know what to say, too shocked.

 

"Are you two fighting again?" he asked.

 

"Huh?"

 

"Don't huh. He wouldn't leave my place the other night. He wouldn't go to sleep too that selfish..." he sighed. "...you won't let him touch you again?"

 

"What?" 

 

"Don't act so surprised, you told me yourself the last time this happened." he said.

 

A short silence passed.

 

"He's worried that you don't like him anymore. That you're disgusted now or something..."

 

"Hey! Im Jaebum!"

 

"Hey!" I heard JB hyung yell back.

 

"What did you say to Jr hyung?" I yelled.

 

"Hey. Choi Youngjae. It's Jinyoung now. I told you to stop calling me Jr hyung. We're not in high school anymore." he said 

 

"I didn't even go to high school with you." I laughed. 

 

"We're adults now." he said.

 

I continued laughing. 

 

"Now tell me what's going on with that overgrown child." 

 

"Overgrown child..." I laughed loudly. 

 

"Did you two work it out?" 

 

I looked towards JB hyung's room. 

 

"You said it's been ten years...actually we have two more months until then...but he still doesn't trust me." I sighed.

 

"Hey. You two...you have the same problems. It's not about one of you getting a girlfriend but you two don't trust that you love each other. You know you're practically married now. We all know it more than you two."

 

"What...stop saying strange things hyung." I mumbled.

 

"But he's going to ask you." 

 

I froze.

 

"I'm sure he's told you about it. He's talked to me about it. Think about how old he is." 

 

"JB hyung isn't that old and-"

 

"What? You don't want to?" he asked.

 

"It's not that I-"

 

"Think about it more Youngjae...so nothing serious happens."

 

I stared at the tv. 

 

"Take care of him. He's like an overgrown possessive child." Jr hyung suddenly started laughing. 

 

I chuckled, not being able to hold it in. 

 

"I'll take care of him."

 

"You'll take care of who?" 

 

Warm arms wrapped around me and I laughed as JB hyung placed his chin on my shoulder and suddenly started tickling me. 

 

I pulled away in laughter.

 

"What...what are you suddenly doing?" I asked. 

 

"You're talking to Jinyoung?" he asked.

 

"Yeah..." I pressed the speaker phone. "Jr hyung-"

 

"Hey!"

 

I laughed. 

 

"I mean...Jinyoung hyung...ah...it's going to be so confusing. Now I know two Jinyoung hyung's." 

 

"You already knew two Jinyoung's." Jaebum suddenly said. 

 

"I told him you're going to propose!" Jr hyung suddenly yelled. 

 

"What?" JB hyung quickly looked at me.

 

I froze again.

 

We stared at each other.

 

"He also wants kids." Jr hyung suddenly said.

 

"Hey! Park Jinyoung!" JB hyung yelled. 

 

"What? Stop keeping it all in and telling me but not him. Both of you!" Jr hyung said.

 

"Hey Youngjae! What do you think about kids?" he asked me.

 

I felt my face go hot. "But...but I can't..."

 

"No, stupid." Jr hyung said. 

 

"Hey!" JB hyung yelled.

 

"Adoption."

 

Adoption. 

 

"You two can get married and have children of your own." Jr hyung said. "You haven't talked to Jun and Jinyoung hyung lately have you?" he asked.

 

"I...haven't."

 

"They are in the process of having a daughter." 

 

"Really?" 

 

"Yeah. It's possible you know. You haven't talked to him about it at all?" 

 

I turned to JB hyung and he was looking somewhere else. He was looking everywhere besides me. 

 

"Um...we have to go somewhere. We'll talk to you later hyung." I quickly said. 

 

"Ok. I'll come by with Mark hyung and coco." 

 

"You're bringing coco?" I asked. 

 

"It's your turn right?" Jr hyung asked.

 

I smiled. "Yeah. She hasn't come here in a long time."

 

"Don't worry. He said he trained her. If you leave her at home she won't leave a surprise again." Jr hyung laughed.

 

"That's good." I laughed and glanced at JB hyung. "It's good. Right hyung?" I asked him.

 

He nodded.

 

"Hey, I have to get back to work." Jr hyung suddenly said.

 

"Ok. Bye."

 

"Bye."

 

I stared at my phone, happy I would be seeing coco soon. 

 

"Are you ready?"

 

I looked at JB hyung as he put his jacket on.

 

Everything Jr hyung was talking about just a few minutes ago suddenly came back. 

 

He really doesn't tell me anything. Marriage...adoption...is it all really possible?

 

"Hey." 

 

"Huh?" I looked at him. 

 

"Let's go." 

 

"Oh...okay." I smiled and followed him to the door. We put our shoes on and left the apartment in silence.

 

Why doesn't he tell me anything? It's really almost ten years already and he still thinks of me as a child. I'm not in high school anymore. Jr hyung is right maybe...no matter how much we talk about it this still is a problem. 

 

"What are you thinking about?"

 

I glanced at JB hyung as we sat in the car.

 

"What?" 

 

"You're quiet." he said, starting the car.

 

"I am?" I asked.

 

"...don't think about what Jinyoung said." he suddenly said.

 

Don't think about it? He really still does treat me like a child. How am I suppose to not think about something so important. Jr hyung was talking about marriage...and...a child...and...these are all stuff I can't do for him.

 

"Hey."

 

"Hm?" I turned to look at him.

 

"You're thinking about it." he said.

 

"Ah...sorry..." I mumbled.

 

A short silence passed. 

 

"We're going to a tarot card reading."

 

"Tarot card?" I asked, confused.

 

"When you pick out cards and they tell your fortune" 

 

"Ah...I've always wanted to try!" I smiled wide.

 

"You mentioned it before." he said. 

 

"What..." I hit his arm. "...you remember something from a long time ago. Didn't I say something about it back in high school?" I asked. 

 

He nodded.

 

"Ah! Then we should have went at the beginning of the year for lunar new years. Is it okay to go now? By the way, why are are you mentioning it now?" I asked, a little curious that he suddenly remembers something from so long ago.

 

"Yugyeom said something about it and it reminded me." he said.

 

"Yugyeom?" I asked.

 

"You didn't know? He became a back up dancer for my company now." JB hyung said.

 

"I know. I know. He called me to tell me. He was so excited. Later I got a call from BamBam saying Yugyeom never has time to be with him anymore. Ah...remember when we planned to become an idol group? It never happened." I laughed.

 

"It can still happen." he said.

 

"What? It can't. We're too old." I laughed.

 

"You're only 26!" he said loudly. "Ah...I'm the one that's getting old."

 

"It's true." I nodded.

 

"Hey."

 

"Ah! Sorry. Sorry." I laughed as he suddenly grabbed my ear. "I'm sorry hyung! I'll buy you your favorite food!" I said loudly. 

 

"Not that. When the time comes you owe me." he suddenly said.

 

"What...you always say that." I pouted.

 

He glanced at me and I turned towards him. We caught eyes for a second and he smiled. 

 

"I already know what it is. Whenever I owe you something it's always..." I paused. 

 

"Always what?" JB hyung asked.

 

I looked at him and he was smirking. 

 

I sighed. 

 

"You're always like this. Sometimes you treat me like an adult and sometimes you act like I'm still a child. Which is it hyung?" I asked.

 

"Huh?" 

 

I could tell he was looking at me.

 

I said that out loud? 

 

I turned to him with my eyes wide. 

 

"I said that out loud?" I asked.

 

"Hey." he suddenly said.

 

Recently I'm seeing JB hyung's scary face more and more. It's the face I was scared of the first time I met him. Even if I know that he has a tsundere personality, it still sometimes shocks me. 

 

"Uh..." I lifted my hand. "...are you mad?" I asked.

 

"Huh?"

 

"Y-your face is scary hyung." I chuckled nervously.

 

A long silence passed. My heart was beating so fast. 

 

The silence continued until the car suddenly stopped.

 

"We're here." JB hyung suddenly said.

 

"Huh?" I looked at him. 

 

"Ready?" he asked me.

 

He looked normal again all of a sudden. 

 

"Ah...yeah." I replied. 

 

We got out of the car in silence and walked towards the coffee shop. When we got inside JB hyung talked to someone and then we were lead to a table and given sheets of paper to fill out. 

 

"Even the time I was born?" I asked, chuckling.

 

"Huh?" JB hyung leaned in to look at my paper.

 

"It says to write the time I was born too. I don't remember it. Should I call my mom?" I chuckled. 

 

"I don't remember either." JB hyung said. "Lets leave it blank." he said. 

 

I laughed and nodded.

 

We were still writing when a sudden voice made me look up. 

 

"Hello. I will be your tarot card reader today." a middle aged man suddenly asked us.

 

"Ah...hello." I quickly got up and bowed and felt JB hyung following. 

 

"Did you two already order coffee?" the man asked. 

 

"Ah...yes. Thank you." I smiled, lifting my cup.

 

"Good. When you two are ready just raise your hand." he said.

 

We nodded.

 

"That surprised me." I chuckled as the man walked away. 

 

"This stuff is very..." JB hyung made a face.

 

"What are you saying? You wanted to come here." I whispered.

 

"Because you wanted to." 

 

"Me? That was a long time ago." I nudged his arm.

 

"You want to leave?" 

 

"No. I want to see what he says." I laughed.

 

"Me too." JB hyung replied. 

 

I continued laughing as I finished the last question on the paper.

 

"You're done?" JB hyung asked.

 

"I'm done." 

 

He raised his hand and soon our question papers were gone. 

 

"The coffee is really good." I glanced at JB hyung. "How about yours?" I asked. 

 

"You want to try?" he asked. 

 

"No. It's ok." I laughed. 

 

"Hey. Youngjae?" 

 

"Hm?"

 

"I already sent a message to my brother." he suddenly said.

 

I looked at him. 

 

"He wants to come over with his girlfriend." 

 

What?

 

I quickly knew what he was talking about.

 

"Wai-"

 

"Today we will be reading the fortunes of Choi Youngjae and Im Jaebum. Is this correct?" 

 

I quickly lifted my head at the middle aged tarot card reader that suddenly returned. 

 

"Ah...y...yes." I quickly said.

 

He sat down and I quickly forgot about what JB hyung said. 

 

I suddenly felt nervous, nudging JB hyung's leg.

 

We caught eyes, but he didn't smirk or do anything that would make me laugh. 

 

I suddenly wondered if he was waiting all this time, thinking of how to tell me. 

 

Is it why he mentioned it earlier? How long has he wanted to say something about it?

 

"These cards are set in their way for no purpose and no reason. You will move these cards around a little and choose three cards from this stack three times." the tarot card reader said.

 

I nodded, moving around the cards and choosing three. JB hyung did the same. We repeated this three times with three different sets of card. 

 

Finally the tarot card reader nodded and he picked up our cards and disappeared.

 

It was silent. 

 

"I was so nervous." I whispered.

 

Still silent.

 

I looked at JB hyung.

 

"JB hyung..." I mumbled his name. 

 

"Do you think it's real?" he suddenly asked.

 

"Ah...yes...I think it is. This is how my sister met her husband." I quickly said.

 

"Really?" he asked.

 

"Yes! They did...um...the one for compatibility. What is that one called? Hmm...saju. It's saju right?" I asked.

 

"I don't know either." he replied. 

 

I chuckled.

 

"I thinks it's that one. Their numbers were very compatible." I smiled.

 

"Your parents believe that?" 

 

"They used to. Back then it was very popular right?" I laughed. 

 

He nodded.

 

"We'll be doing saju and tarot card reading today." he said. 

 

"Saju too?" I asked, surprised. 

 

"It..came with the deal." JB hyung replied. 

 

"Ah..." I nodded. "...I also want to know if we're compatible hyung." I chuckled. "What will you do if we're not hyung? What will we do? It will be really shocking right?" I joked with him. 

 

"Maybe-"

 

"Ah he's coming back." I whispered. 

 

The tarot card reader finally returned and sat down. I smiled nervously again. 

 

"We will add palm reading as well for free if you want this service." the man said.

 

"Ah, ok." JB hyung said.

 

The man lifted his hand and looked at me.

 

"Ah...yes." I said, quickly and nervously putting my hand in his hand. 

 

Suddenly he started nudging my palm and drawing lines. It was long before he took JB hyung's hand as well and repeated the same thing.

 

After this he nodded and wrote some things down before he looked up at us. 

 

I smiled nervously.

 

I've really always wanted to try tarot card reading. 

 

The reader suddenly picked up his stacks of paper, and then suddenly looked at me, then JB hyung.

 

"Ok. Should we start with Mr. Im? Im Jaebum." 

 

"Yeah. I'm Im Jaebum." JB hyung said. 

 

I glanced at him, chuckling because he looked really nervous.

 

He was staring so hard at the stack of papers in front of the tarot card reader. 

 

"Looking at your fortune...your overall saju is here." he pointed at something on his paper and I stretched out to try to see it. 

 

"You're a water sign right?" the man suddenly asked.

 

"Right." JB hyung replied. 

 

"You're like the sea." the man said. 

 

I nodded, glancing at JB hyung who was nodding too.

 

"Seeing your fortune, it's important to use your water energy." the man said. "Last year and this year are good to use this energy."

 

"Last year?" JB hyung repeated. 

 

"Yes. If you continue to use your energy, you will be on a path of gaining more fame. It is recent that you have switched jobs to something more high right?" 

 

"More high?" JB hyung asked.

 

"You went up in your company or got a better job in the company."

 

"Wow." I said loudly.

 

JB hyung and I caught eyes. 

 

"This happened recently." JB hyung said.

 

The tarot card reader nodded. 

 

"This fame will continue if you continue to use your energy." the man said. "You'll get more recognition." 

 

"Ah, really?" JB hyung asked.

 

I stared at him. 

 

He looked really interested all of a sudden.

 

"You're someone that likes caring for those that are younger than you."

 

I nodded and smiled, quickly glancing at JB hyung. 

 

He continued staring hard at the tarot paper on the table. 

 

"The ones that you take care of that are younger than you, they experience joy from your kindness. They will learn from you, and you will also learn from them."

 

I slowly nodded. 

 

"Here. Your future for a girlfriend." the tarot card man suddenly said. 

 

I stared at the paper. 

 

"You're a little inattentive to girls. You don't pay much attention to the ones around you."

 

"Ah...yeah..." JB hyung mumbled. 

 

"That can be some concern." the man said. 

 

"Really?" JB hyung smirked. 

 

I chuckled and shook my head, glancing at him. I couldn't tell what he was thinking at all, staring at the tarot paper and listening so closely to everything the man said. 

 

The tarot card reader continued.

 

"You have a lot of charm, but you act just a little indifferent. So be careful of that aspect of yours." 

 

I glanced at JB hyung again. 

 

For just a second I caught him glance at me, and we caught eyes just before he looked back straight at the tarot card reader. 

 

It made my heart start beating fast.

 

JB hyung is indifferent sometimes. Sometimes he doesn't really tell me a lot of things and gets annoyed for no reason. He gets jealous and misunderstands me a lot. He doesn't listen to me at all. He still thinks I'm a high school boy he needs to take care of. He says I treat him like a brother, but he does it too. 

 

Honestly Jr hyung is right. 

 

This is still our problem.

 

I glanced at him again. 

 

He was staring so hard at the tarot card reader.

 

But even if he treats me like a child and gets jealous and annoyed easily, I still like this hyung...

 

I quickly looked away, staring at my fingers, my heart beating fast. 

 

"As for the girl in your life..."

 

I quickly lifted my head and stared at the tarot card reader. 

 

"The last names Lee and Han are very good."

 

"What?" JB hyung straightened up. 

 

I glanced at him again. 

 

"The last name Park is bad though." 

 

"Park? But Lee and Han are good?" JB hyung asked. He was still staring at the tarot card reader hard. 

 

"Yes. Even guys who have the last name Park do not match well with you. There can be trouble." 

 

"Is that so?" JB hyung mumbled. "Girls with the last name Park?" 

 

I glanced at him and he was smiling. I couldn't tell what he was thinking with the smile on his face. 

 

"Girls and guys. There can be trouble." the tarot card reader said. 

 

"Ah..." JB hyung suddenly starting chuckling.

 

Strange. 

 

"Choi Youngjae." 

 

"Yes!" I looked up and the tarot card reader smiled.

 

"Ah...it's me? My turn." I chuckled. 

 

He nodded.

 

"You were born in fall, the season of the fire. When you're at home you get lazy. You like to just lounge at home."

 

I didn't miss JB hyung's chuckle. 

 

That's true. 

 

I smiled. 

 

"You're very calm. Not someone who is hungry to achieve." the reader continued. "...you're someone who is close to their parents. You have a good relationship with your parents. Your parents and your family are people who will bring luck to you when you are in difficulty."

 

"Hm? What does that mean?" I quickly asked.

 

"They will help or take care of you. So you need to care about the people around you." 

 

I slowly nodded. 

 

"But even so, there will come a time where your family betrays you."

 

"Betrays me? What are you saying?" I quickly asked. 

 

"It may be soon, it may later in the year. But something will happen, and this will cause the relationship to be broken for a period of time." 

 

I stared. 

 

What? What will happen? What is he talking about? Is this true?

 

I glanced at JB hyung before looking back at the tarot card reader. The man just continued staring at the paper in front of him. 

 

"You were born in Mokpo?" he suddenly asked. 

 

"Yes." I quickly replied. 

 

"Jeolla province." he said.

 

I nodded. 

 

He stared at the paper.

 

I stared at him. 

 

"If you were born in Mokpo then it seems...you will be lucky with money."

 

"Hm? What does it mean?" I quickly asked. 

 

"This means you will be blessed with money and fortune." 

 

"Ah? Really?" I smiled wide and turned to JB hyung. He glanced at me and I clapped and smirked before looking back at the tarot card reader. 

 

"As you get older, you will have a sense for money. You will get lucky with money and save it. For now you will have many ups and downs that will prepare you for later."

 

"Ah..." I nodded. 

 

"You will have luck in the upcoming years."

 

"Ah..."

 

"It is coming. It's something that will change your life. It will come soon. In the winter. There is no exact time but you will know when it comes. It will be something big and something that will shock you, but you will also be very happy in the end."

 

"Ah...really?" 

 

I glanced at JB hyung.

 

He stared hard at the reader. 

 

"Whatever this is will change your life, but after it happens you will be happy for a long time." he said.

 

"Ah...it sounds like marriage." I chuckled.

 

"It may be marriage."

 

I looked up at him. 

 

"You've completed your service duty?"

 

I nodded.

 

"You have a girlfriend?" 

 

"Ah..." I felt my cheeks going hot. 

 

"Whatever it may be, it will be a few years from now. Not too long, two, maybe three years. You will be happier than you've ever been. But you will go through some difficulties before this. If we be a hard time for you, but once the hard time passes, you will be very happy. Please remember this."

 

My heart skipped a beat.

 

Marriage? But I don't even have a girlfriend. 

 

I glanced at JB hyung.

 

I have...JB hyung.

 

I felt my whole body going hot. 

 

Is it really possible to get married to another man? Even have kids? Can we do that here? I'm not thinking about stuff like that right now. But I know JB hyung wants to start a family. Wouldn't it be better for him to marry a girl? 

 

Somehow the thought made my chest hurt. 

 

"Are you okay?" 

 

I snapped from my thoughts and glanced at JB hyung, slowly nodding. 

 

"The difficulties will try to bring you down. You need to be careful." the tarot card reader suddenly said. 

 

"Be careful of what?" I slowly asked. 

 

"Your personality is very...you get along with others a lot, but at times you keep feelings inside that should be said out loud. If you don't feel well, you need to ask others for help. Don't keep it inside. The difficulty you will go through, you will try to keep it in. Don't do this. Ask others for help."

 

"Right." I heard JB hyung mumble.

 

I bit my lip and slowly nodded. 

 

"There is no going around this. But trust me, after the difficulty, everything will work out for the best. You will live a long life full of love and riches." 

 

"Ahh...is that so?" I asked.

 

The man nodded. 

 

"Are you two friends? Very close." he suddenly asked.

 

"Huh? Oh...ahh..."

 

"Yes." JB hyung suddenly said. 

 

"It shows..." the reader nodded.

 

"It shows?" I asked, confused.

 

"You have a strong bond." he suddenly said.

 

My heart skipped a beat.

 

"Your numbers are very compatible." 

 

"Huh? You really did saju too?" I asked.

 

"It can be read for strong friendships in a relationship as well." the man said, smiling. 

 

"Ah..." I laughed and nodded. 

 

"It's almost like you two are destined for each other. Your numbers are so very compatible. Add Choi to the list of good names." the man suddenly said.

 

I could feel my whole body going hot. 

 

"If you find a girl with the last name Choi, it may be a good outcome as well." he said. 

 

"You both have a very long life ahead of you. So many things will happen. It's a little strange but you will both go through hardships together. As if you're in a relationship. But you two will also overcome these hardships together." the man said.

 

I slowly nodded, glancing at JB hyung.

 

"It's best to remember during these hardships that you have each other. You have each other and the ones that are closest to you two. Don't let the hardships take over. You two may overcome it all together."

 

Everything he was saying made me so embarrassed. I wondered if JB hyung and I were so compatible that even a tarot card reader could see it all.

 

I've always thought we met in a strange way. Like something from a tv drama. I mean how often can someone bump into a stranger and see them again only a few days later? In their classroom too.

 

"It is best to say that the friendship between the two of you is the best choice of your life. You, Im Jaebum are the water to Choi Youngjae's fire. If either of you were a woman it would really be destiny. But for now the friendship between the two of you is strong."

 

I glanced at JB hyung, and to my surprise he was peeking at me too.

 

"These were the results of your fortune."

 

We both quickly looked at the tarot card reader.

 

"Ah...it's over?" JB hyung suddenly asked. "It's been an hour already?"

 

"Yes." he replied.

 

"Wow. I have the shivers." I laughed.

 

JB hyung nodded.

 

We ended up staying at the cafe for longer. JB hyung decided to order another drink. I wanted to talk about everything, but I also didn't want to ruin the mood. 

 

I decided that it wasn't the right place to talk. 

 

"Youngaje."

 

"Huh?" 

 

JB hyung was staring at me.

 

"Jackson wants us to come over to his place. Everyone is going to be there. He said Mark is bringing coco."

 

"Coco?" I quickly turned to him, smiling. "I really haven't seen her in a long time." 

 

"Because we've been busy, and you don't like leaving her by herself right?" he asked. 

 

"Lets go see her." I stood up quickly. 

 

"Hey. You're never this happy when I talk about going to see Nora." he said, getting up.

 

"What? I love Nora too. It's just she makes me sneeze a lot." I said, following him out of the cafe. 

 

"Your eyes get red and puffy and you start getting rashes all over." 

 

"Not all over." I chuckled.

 

He didn't say anything. 

 

"I love Nora too. She's your daughter right? So isn't she my daughter too?" I teased.

 

I didn't realize he stopped walking.

 

I turned around and JB hyung was just standing there staring at me.

 

"Why? Why did you suddenly stop?" I walked up to him. 

 

"I just thought about something." he said, suddenly walking again. 

 

I hurried and followed him to the car. It was silent when we sat inside and he started it. 

 

The drive was silent for a little while and I stared out the window and thought about everything that has happened.

 

"You know..." I mumbled.

 

"Hm?"

 

"I want to talk with you about everything." I said.

 

"Everything?"

 

"We already talked about why I was pushing you away right?" I asked, playing with my fingers. 

 

"How about this? Fridays can be our day." JB hyung suddenly said.

 

"Our day?" I asked, confused. 

 

"You know. Our day." JB hyung repeated. 

 

It didn't take me any longer to understands what he was saying.

 

"Ah...our day." I nodded nervously. 

 

Only for that? 

 

"Umm...only for that?" I quickly asked, now staring at my shoes. 

 

"What? There's something else you want to do?" he asked

 

"Well...yes. How about we go to the amusement park like before? We should go see a movie too that would be fun. Let's do some of the things we used to do before." I mumbled the last part.

 

"We never did go to the movies much. Didn't we decide to just watch them at home?" JB hyung asked. 

 

"So...you don't want to?" I asked, pressing the inside of my hand.

 

"I didn't say that. Let's go on more dates as well on Fridays. But no more pushing me away. If you don't want to...just tell me. I won't force you to do anything you don't like." he said.

 

"You're not forcing me." I quickly said. 

 

"When you pushed me away, I felt like I was forcing you."

 

A short silence passed.

 

"Jr hyung said something about what you said. You said I said it was disgusting?" I asked, a little hurt at the memory.

 

"I didn't say you said that. I only mentioned it because you were pushing me away so much. Sometimes you won't even let me touch you. I didn't know how to feel about your reactions." JB hyung said.

 

"I'm sorry." I quickly replied.

 

"Don't apologize." he said. "Fridays are for me then." he suddenly said. 

 

"But wait...hyung-"

 

"Hey."

 

"Sorry...wait...you mean...every Friday?" I asked, quickly thinking more about what he was saying. 

 

"Every Friday?" he repeated.

 

"Fridays...every Friday?" I mumbled nervously.

 

"Do you want every Friday?" 

 

"I wouldn't be able to survive." I mumbled.

 

JB hyung suddenly started laughing and I glanced at him. This laugh of his always makes me feel calm. 

 

"Fridays. Going out and other things when we get home. Not every Friday Youngjae. You wouldn't be able to handle that I know." he said. 

 

"What...what does that mean?" I asked.

 

"You fall asleep right after we finish. You have really low energ-"

 

I hit his shoulder, my cheeks completely hot.

 

I listened as JB hyung giggled.

 

"Sometimes you turn into a strange old man." I joked.

 

"Who's an old man?" he asked. 

 

I laughed loudly. 

 

"Do you want to listen to some music?" he suddenly asked me.

 

"Hm?" I calmed down and nodded.

 

"Use my phone." he said.

 

I nodded and picked up his phone. 

 

"What song do you want to listen to?" I asked.

 

"Anything." he replied.

 

"Hm..." I looked through his songs.

 

"Youngjae."

 

"Hm?" 

 

"Our song." he suddenly said.

 

I glanced at him. 

 

"Ah...1:31?" I smiled and nodded. 

 

We listened and repeated the song all the way to Jackson hyung's apartment. 

 

Another reason why we think he has a girlfriend is because he recently moved out from the apartment he shared with Mark hyung. Mark hyung got a new roommate who works at him. He takes care of coco sometimes. 

 

"Hey! Open the door!" JB hyung yelled when we reached Jackson hyung's door. 

 

"Yongjai! Leader! Couple!" Jackson hyung yelled loudly when he opened the door and JB hyung made a move to hit him. 

 

I watched him laughing as JB hyung grabbed his shoulder.

 

I followed them inside, closing the door behind me.

 

"Hey."

 

Hey!" I said loudly.

 

BamBam and Yugyeom were sitting on the floor with a table full of food in front of them.

 

"Hey...are you guys eating without us?" I asked them.

 

"Mark and Jinyoung hyung are on their way." BamBam said.

 

I laughed and sat next to them.

 

"Are you already eating?"

 

I lifted my head and JB hyung was standing right above me.

 

"Not me." I laughed.

 

He nodded and sat down on the couch behind us. 

 

"They're here!" Jackson hyung suddenly said. 

 

I quickly got up.

 

"Where are you going?" Yugyeom asked.

 

"To see coco!" I smiled. 

 

Jackson hyung didn't even finish opening the door when I heard coco's loud barks. 

 

"Coco-ah!" I said loudly and grabbed her from Mark hyung.

 

She barked loudly and I laughed and kissed her head.

 

"I missed you." I smiled at her, walking back to my seat.

 

"He only treats coco this way." Yugyeom suddenly said.

 

"What...I don't." I laughed. 

 

"Did she already eat?" I asked Mark hyung when he walked in.

 

"She ate. I brought her extra food too." he said. "You're going to take her home and keep her tomorrow right. You can bring her to my place on Monday." he said.

 

I nodded and smiled.

 

"I'll bring her." JB hyung suddenly said behind me.

 

"Aish...this married couple." Jr hyung suddenly said. 

 

"What married?" I mumbled, embarrassed. 

 

"Are you two really?" Jackson hyung suddenly nudged my arm, teasing me.

 

"Hey." JB hyung suddenly said.

 

"It's almost ten years anyway. When are you going to announce it and get married already?" Jackson hyung asked.

 

"It's possible you know. In Thailand there are a lot of couples like this. Sometimes they go to America." BamBam said.

 

"You two are going to go do it abroad?" Mark hyung asked. "My sister can help you. She recently got married to her girlfriend."

 

It's something we found out about maybe a year ago when Jackson hyung suddenly asked Mark hyung who was the person trying to add him as a friend on social media and Mark hyung revealed his sister. His sister who has a girlfriend.

 

I was a little shocked, but the others were curious. We found out all we could about Mark hyung's family then. 

 

"It really is possible." Yugyeom said. 

 

"Did you talk to your parents ye-"

 

"Hey. Let's not talk about this." JB hyung suddenly said. 

 

It became quiet.

 

"Let's eat! Let's eat!" Jackson hyung suddenly said loudly. 

 

I nodded and put coco down. She quickly ran away.

 

"Hey! Don't go leave a surprise in my room!" Jackson hyung yelled after her and I laughed. 

 

"So what do you guys want to do today?" Yugyeom suddenly asked 

 

"Why? You want to hurry and go see your girlfriend?" Mark hyung .

 

"What...no." Yugyeom replied.

 

I heard the embarrassment in his voice. He's been going strong with his girlfriend since he met her at the university. 

 

Instead of me and JB hyung, how come they don't tease Yugyeom about him marrying his girlfriend?

 

I sighed and chuckled. 

 

"We haven't been together like this in a long time." I said. 

 

"Do you want to play a game?" BamBam asked. 

 

"We always play a game." Yugyeom mumbled.

 

"Then what do you want to do?" Jackson hyung quickly asked. I turned around and he was carrying coco who was barking cutely.

 

"Let's watch a movie or something. We haven't been together in a long time." Jr hyung said. 

 

"If we're watching a movie we need snacks!" BamBam suddenly said.

 

"Hey. We just finished eating." JB hyung said.

 

"Snacks for later. Maybe ramen, gimbap, chips?" he laughed.

 

"That's not snacks." JB hyung quickly said.

 

I laughed.

 

"I have an idea. Let's play a game. The loser goes and buys the snacks with their own money." Jackson hyung said.

 

I sighed. If it's something like this, we all get really competitive. No one wants to use their money because they lost in a game.

 

"Why do we have to-1!" Yugyeom suddenly yelled and stood up. 

 

I quickly looked around.

 

"2!" BamBam yelled and stood up.

 

"3!" Jackson hyung yelled and stood up, laughing loudly. 

 

I caught eyes with Jr hyung, smiling, and getting ready to stand up. 

 

"4!" Mark hyung suddenly yelled and laughed loudly. I laughed at him. 

 

That was close. I almost stood up. 

 

I looked around. The last two were Jr hyung and JB hyung. They didn't look like they were going to move.

 

Now's my chance. 

 

"5!"

 

"6!"

 

"Ahh!" I yelled loudly, catching eyes with JB hyung.

 

The others started cheering loudly.

 

"No..." I kneeled on the floor and grabbed my hair, listening to the others laughing loudly and coco barking. 

 

"You have to play Rock Paper Scissors." BamBam suddenly said.

 

"They both lost. They both have to go buy it."

 

"What's the penalty?" Yugyeom asked.

 

I glanced at him, picking up coco and playing with her hair tied with a pink hair tie. 

 

"What...what penalty?" I asked.

 

"There's a penalty." Jackson hyung suddenly said.

 

"What penalty? We're going to split the money and go buy some snacks." JB hyung said. 

 

I glanced at him, nodding.

 

"There's another penalty." Jackson hyung said.

 

"What?" I looked at him.

 

"Didn't you know. You can't just go buy the food, you have to do something else." Jr hyung suddenly said.

 

"What? That's not fair. What's with this sudden rule?" 

 

"What are you guys talking about?" JB hyung asked.

 

"Don't worry. This isn't a penalty for you two actually." Jr hyung said.

 

I caught eyes with JB hyung.

 

Jr hyung grabbed the others and they made a circle, leaving us out.

 

"We're having a meeting." Jackson hyung said.

 

"Huh?" I laughed and stared at them.

 

Suddenly JB hyung was sitting next to me, playing with coco in my lap.

 

I stared at the others as they whispered.

 

"What do you think they're talking about?" I asked, looking at JB hyung who managed to pick up coco without her barking and running away.

 

"I don't know. Did you bring money? I can pay for it." he suddenly said.

 

"No. We'll do half since we both lost." I smiled.  

 

"It's decided!" I turned to Jackson hyung as he clapped his hands. He had a huge smile on his face.

 

What's with him? 

 

"We decided already." BamBam laughed.

 

"What is it?" JB hyung suddenly asked. "We want to hurry and go-"

 

"Your dream date!" Jackson hyung suddenly yelled, interrupting him.

 

I stared at him.

 

"Dream date?" I asked.

 

"What are you talking about?" I heard JB hyung from next to me. 

 

"You remember your dream date back in school. A picnic and then walking hand in hand to the convenience store and making ramen." Jr hyung suddenly said. 

 

"That's still your dream date?" I turned to JB hyung.

 

"That was years ago." he said, letting go of coco as she tried to bite him.

 

"It's the perfect time to make it happen!" Jackson hyung said. 

 

"Wait? Am I the bait?" I asked.

 

They started laughing.

 

"What bait? You two are already dating so this should be easy." Jackson hyung suddenly walked up to me, patting my shoulder.

 

"What?" I looked down, slightly embarrassed. 

 

I always get embarrassed when they suddenly say something about me and JB hyung being together. 

 

"You don't want to do this for your boyfriend?" BamBam suddenly asked me. 

 

"Boy-what-"

 

"This was a long time ago. Why should it happen now?" JB hyung suddenly asked. 

 

"Don't lie. You recently talked about it too right?" Jr hyung asked. 

 

I glanced at JB hyung who looked a little surprised, but he didn't deny it.

 

"Isn't it a little too cold for a picnic?" he suddenly said.

 

"We'll skip that. Your mission is to hold hands and go to the convenience store to buy our snacks." Jackson hyung said. 

 

A short silence passed, except for coco playing around. 

 

"Why are you two acting like you've never held hands before?" Mark hyung suddenly asked. He was playing with coco.

 

"Well-"

 

"You don't want to do this for him?" 

 

I looked up at Jr hyung who was smiling.

 

"I didn't say-"

 

"Hey. This is really ridiculous. Why can't we just go and buy the stuff?" JB hyung interrupted me.

 

"Because you lost and this is your penalty." Jr hyung said.

 

"The penalty is buying the food, not having to hold hands." JB hyung said.

 

"You don't want to do it?" Jr hyung asked.

 

"It'll be fun." BamBam laughed. 

 

"What about Youngjae hyung?" Yugyeom suddenly asked me.

 

"Huh?"

 

They were all staring at me.

 

"Well..." I looked down, my heart beating fast.

 

It's something JB hyung has always wanted to do if he got a girlfriend. He still talks about it. Something like that isn't so bad right? It's not like we haven't held hands before. It will be a little strange outside but...

 

"Just sto-"

 

"Okay!" I said loudly, quickly interrupting JB hyung.

 

They all stared at me.

 

I stood up, smiling. 

 

"Let's try to do this hyung! It shouldn't be so bad. Besides...we lost." I laughed. 

 

JB hyung stared up at me. I smiled at him and nodded.

 

He finally sighed and shrugged.

 

"If that's what you want." he said.

 

They started cheering.

 

Suddenly we were being rushed to leave.

 

"Wait, why are you coming? What's with the camera?" JB hyung asked Jackson hyung as he started putting on his shoes next to us.

 

"We have to make sure you do it." Jackson hyung replied.

 

I laughed.

 

"You don't believe us hyung?" I asked. 

 

"We have to record this moment in history." he replied.

 

I could hear BamBam and Yugyeom laughing.

 

JB hyung just sighed and we left the apartment, Jackson hyung following us closely.

 

"When do we start?" I asked as we got into JB hyung's car.

 

"When we get there. I can't drive and hold your hand at the same time." JB hyung said.

 

I laughed and nodded.

 

"You really want to do this?" he asked, starting the car. 

 

"Is it really your dream date?" I asked him back.

 

"He used to always talk about it. He doesn't look like it but he's always had the perfect dates in his head all the time." Jackson hyung said.

 

"What? Is it really true?" I glanced at JB hyung.

 

"We already did one." he replied.

 

"What? What was that?" I asked, confused.

 

"Japan right?" Jackson hyung asked from the back.

 

I glanced at JB hyung and he nodded. 

 

"This is the second one!" Jackson hyung said loudly.

 

I don't know why but my heart suddenly skipped a beat. I smiled and turned towards the mirror.

 

The drive wasn't long since there's a convenience store close to Jackson hyung's apartment. I don't even know why JB hyung drove. 

 

"We could have walked." I laughed.

 

"Driving is faster." he said, parking the car. 

 

I nodded and got out.

 

"Hurry. Hurry." Jackson hyung was suddenly pushing me towards JB hyung.

 

"Wait. Wait." I laughed.

 

I was standing so close to JB hyung now that our arms touched.

 

"Okay. Start. I'm recording." Jackson hyung said.

 

"What...this is really embarrassing." I mumbled.

 

"Hey! You lost. Now start!" Jackson hyung said.

 

"It's really embarrassing right hyung?" I looked at JB hyung.

 

He stared at me for only a few seconds before he suddenly held out his hand. 

 

I stared at it, my heart skipping a beat once again.

 

We've held hands before but it's suddenly really like we've never done it before. 

 

"Ah..." I lifted my hand and slowly placed it in his. I felt the warmth of JB hyung's usually cold hand as it wrapped around mine and I couldn't help but smile. 

 

"It's so cute!" Jackson hyung suddenly said.

 

I felt my face going hot at his comment.

 

"Come on. Let's get this over with." JB hyung said.

 

He pulled me and I followed him.

 

When the doors opened and we walked into the store I felt my whole body go hot as the cashier glanced at us twice. I quickly looked down. 

 

"Ahh...this is really embarrassing." I chuckled.

 

"Let's just get the stuff." JB hyung said.

 

I nodded and watched as he picked up a shopping basket and I followed him. I didn't notice it but he was holding my hand really tight so that my hand quickly started sweating. 

 

"I feel like people are looking." I mumbled.

 

There were a few people in the store, and they were really looking at us. 

 

Is it really so strange if two guys hold hands? I've seen girls do this before. 

 

"Everyone is looking." JB hyung mumbled. 

 

"Hey! You two lost." Jackson hyung suddenly said.

 

"We get it. We get it. But why are you recording hyung? It's really strange." I laughed.

 

"It's not." Jackson hyung smirked.  

 

JB hyung suddenly pulled my hand. I followed him. 

 

"There's something I actually want to buy. I really like it these days." he said. 

 

"What..."

 

He picked up two bottles.

 

"Ahh...taro tea." 

 

"Yeah." JB hyung smiled.

 

I chuckled and nodded. 

 

"What are you getting?" he suddenly asked me.

 

"Hm? Ramen? You want some?" I asked.

 

He nodded as we walked towards the ramen section. 

 

"Get me some too." Jackson hyung suddenly said.

 

"What...what..." I mumbled. 

 

"Hey! Choi Youngjae." he said loudly.

 

"Ok. Ok." I laughed. 

 

"Hm..." I looked at the ramen. 

 

"I'm going to get two." JB hyung kneeled on the ground. 

 

"I'll get this one." I pointed towards the ramen and before I could grab it JB hyung grabbed it and put it in the basket. 

 

I glanced at him. 

 

"Ah...thanks." 

 

"Get mine too." Jackson hyung said. 

 

"What do you want hyung?" I asked him.

 

"That one." he pointed and I grabbed it. "Yugyeom and Mark like this too." I grabbed some for them.

 

"Jinyoung and BamBam like this one right?" JB hyung asked.

 

"Yeah." I nodded. 

 

He grabbed them and stood up with the basket. 

 

"It's so hard to do things with only one hand." JB hyung suddenly said.

 

I chuckled.

 

"Our hands are sweating right now." he smirked.

 

"I'm trying to ventilate." I chucked, moving my fingers. 

 

"Why are you guys acting like this? You've held hands before." Jackson hyung suddenly said.

 

"What...who goes around holding hands all the time?" JB hyung asked.

 

"Couples." Jackson hyung suddenly mumbled.

 

"It's strange." JB hyung mumbled.

 

"It's really strange. We can't do anything if we're holding hands." I laughed. 

 

"Ah...we need kimchi too. Do you want cheese?" I asked, quickly turning around to grab some. 

 

"I'm fine." JB hyung said. 

 

"How long do we have to keep holding hands?" I asked, pulling JB hyung to the register.

 

He put the basket down. 

 

"Holding until we get back." Jackson hyung said.

 

"What...how am I going to drive back?" JB hyung asked.

 

"I'm driving. You take this." Jackson hyung handed me the camera. 

 

"What...." I mumbled.

 

JB hyung paid for the food and we finally left the convenience store. I tried stopping him, but it's hard to when he was holding one of my hands. I could only take out my wallet when he already finished paying. 

 

"She was looking at us strangely." I chuckled, thinking back to the cashier. 

 

"If only she knew you were a couple."

 

"Hey." JB hyung suddenly said. 

 

Jackson hyung laughed. 

 

"You know Yongjai, did you know that this is the first on his list of date ideas. To have a picnic and walk to the convenience store hand in hand to get snacks."

 

"Huh?" I looked at JB hyung.

 

Jackson hyung started laughing.

 

"So we're making your dream come true!" Jackson hyung said loudly. He laughed and I chuckled, still looking at JB hyung who didn't say anything. 

 

A date...

 

It didn't take us long to return to the apartment. Jackson hyung wouldn't let us let go of our hands until were back in the apartment.

 

"Can we let go now?" I asked. 

 

"Wait. This is really cute. I'm going to take a picture." Jr hyung suddenly said.

 

"Me too!" Mark hyung followed him. 

 

"Stand closer together. Why are you two standing so far apart?"

 

"Wait what are you-" I laughed as I was suddenly pushed so close to JB hyung that our shoulders touched.

 

"What are you doing?" I asked Yugyeom.

 

He just laughed with BamBam.

 

I sighed and stared as Mark hyung played with coco on the floor.

 

We posed for three pictures before Jr hyung said we could let go of our hand hold.

 

My hand were sweating so much that I had to wipe it on my pants.

 

"Why are you so nervous?" Jr hyung asked.

 

"Nervous?" I asked, sitting on the couch.

 

"It's been how many years again?" he asked.

 

"Almost 10 right?" Mark hyung said.

 

"10 years?" Yugyeom said loudly. 

 

"What...why are you so surprised?" I asked. 

 

"That's amazing." he said. 

 

"What's amazing?" I said, still really embarrassed.

 

"Have you thought about telling your parents?"

 

"Hey. We didn't come here for that right?" JB hyung suddenly said.

 

My heart skipped a beat.

 

We were just talking about all of this together a few hours ago.

 

"As long as you two aren't fighting anymore." Jr hyung suddenly said.

 

"You're fighting?" Yugyeom asked me.

 

"Finally!" Jackson hyung said loudly.

 

We all looked at him. 

 

"It was too sweet and nice. Couples need to argue sometimes too right? I always say this." he said.

 

"Ahh...ah..." I nodded. 

 

"What were you fighting about?" BamBam asked. 

 

"Nothing. We didn't come here to talk about this right? Let's watch something or do something else." JB hyung suddenly said.

 

I glanced at him sitting on the floor.

 

"Ohhh scary." Jackson hyung suddenly said.

 

I chuckled as JB hyung reached for him. 

 

For the rest of the night we watched tv and ate the snacks JB hyung and I bought. 

 

JB hyung and I left around midnight of that night with coco. 

 

We fell asleep as soon as we got home. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________