..Chapter 1..

When Love Calls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

..CHAPTER 1..

 

A sixteen-year-old Jimin was practically shaking with excitement. Today was the day his and Taehyung’s parents had finally decided that the duo troublemakers were old enough to be brought to Annual Festa and not get lost in the woods. Usually, young werewolves- at the age of thirteen- are allowed to attend the Festa; it was thought to be good if younger ones made friends among neighboring clans. According to Alf, it removed animosity beforehand. But what with Jimin and Taehyung born one after another, they were practically considered as twins, quite a hand full, thus Seokjin and Hoseok reached a mutual consent to not introduce them to Annual Festa until they were old enough to look after themselves.

 

“Now you two better behave,” Seokjin said sternly, each hand clasped around a wrist of Jimin and Taehyung, as he took the children to a spot at one side of the clearing. Tonight’s Festa contained Barbeque as the menu and all elders were busy preparing for that while children were made to sit around in a pen-like area. “Try not to wander off.”

 

“Why are you leaving us here? It’s for toddlers,” Jimin whined as he took in a few baby-faced among the children already present in the capacity before his eyes drifted toward the zone where boys and girls in their late teens stood talking and joking. “I wanna go and stand with those cool werewolves.”

 

“No, you would do as I say,” Seokjin told the younger boy. “Or do you want me to get Alpha-Yoongi to discipline you, huh?”

 

“Jimin is only joking,” Taehyung butted in, clearly panicking at the aspect of getting scolded by Yoongi because the younger male knew even if Omega-Seokjin would tell on Jimin; Yoongi would reprimand both of them equally bad. “Don’t worry we would both stay here like good boys, won’t we Jimin?”

 

Without waiting to see if Jimin agreed or not, Taehyung dragged him toward the coop region. Soon, Taehyung, being the brightest and probably the friendliest werewolf to ever exist, was chatting and laughing with other young whelps as if they met on the daily bases while Jimin sat beside him fuming internally. It was so unfair of their parents to have fun as they pleased while caging them like they were two-year-old babies.

 

Just then Jimin’s eyes moved toward a small boy, who sat a little apart from the rest of the group, immersed in the small gaming device in his hands. The boy looked hardly ten… he must be the youngest among them, Jimin concluded. That too seemed unfair to him, their first Festa was when they turned sixteen while that boy’s parents were broad-minded enough to bring him even before he entered his teens… Jimin felt wholly wronged.

 

“Even ten years old are allowed,” Jimin scoffed to Taehyung, not bothering to keep his voice down as he gestured toward the boy he was talking about.

 

The boy looked up as if he knew Jimin was talking about him. His big round eyes looked lost for a moment and his chubby cheeks puffed out a bit as he pouted in dismay.

 

“I am not ten,” The boy cried indignantly with his high pitched baby tone. “I am fourteen!”

 

Jimin looked at the boy, blinking blankly, as he took in the slightly pink hue on those chubby cheeks before he roared in laughter. He laughed so hard that tears started streaming down his cheeks. The baby-faced boy looked ruffled as he threw the dirtiest glare he could muster and walked away from them.

 

A year passed; a whole year in which Taehyung repented Jimin for acting like a bully, whenever he got the opportunity. It was only when Jimin promised to say sorry to the angry whelp- he might or might not have offended unknowingly- once he sees him again did Taehyung let him live.

 

The seventeen-year-old Jimin was slightly disappointed to not find the chubby cheek baby when he looked around the moment he reached the clearing for next Annual Festa. The time passed with the feast going in full flow… until it was time for elders to change into their wolf-form and run around the wild Forest in celebration for another successful Festa. This was the only time when Omega-Seokjin and Beta-Hoseok were unable to keep their hawk-like eyes on their children, thus a free rein for Jimin to roam around on his own. He loved wandering in the less dense part of Forest, just around the clearing. He had only moved a yard or so in when he sensed another presence around him. Turning around a thick tree he caught a side profile of baby fat-filled cheeks, dusted with the lightest shade of pink, and the young boy seems immersed in the book in his hands.

 

“I thought you didn’t come this time around, little whelp,” Jimin said loudly, successfully catching the young boy’s attention. “I assumed your parents realized that babies were not invited here.”

 

The young boy gave Jimin his deepest loathing look as the latter came to sit in front of him, using the opposite tree’s trunk as his backrest.

 

“Omegas shouldn’t talk like that with the Alphas,” The young boy mumbled sourly. “You should try to learn how to be more docile or it would not end well for you.”

 

Jimin sat frozen for a moment, confused out of his mind.

 

“I am not an Omega!” Suddenly Jimin cried, frowning at the slightly smug look the young boy’s face supported. “I am not even of the age yet… nobody can know what I am. For all you know, I might end up as an Alpha and given your small physique, you look more like an Omega than ever I saw one. So stop lying!”

 

“I am from the Sundown Alpha’s pack,” the young boy told the other boy; a hint of arrogance could be detected in his voice. “We are from the line of pure Alphas; we can sense the type of werewolf even before they have reached of age.”

 

Jimin looked at other with mistrusted visible in his eyes before giving a loud snort.

 

“Nice try… the Sundown Alpha’s pack, huh?” Jimin scoffed. “Everyone knows all the Alphas from that pack are tall, lean, and muscular while you are anything but that. This proves you are a little liar.”

 

“I am not a liar,” The young boy argued heatedly.

 

“Liar, liar, liar…” Jimin chanted feeling quite pleased to see the brunet-haired whelp fuming. “Liar, liar, your pants would be on fire.”

 

“I am not a liar!” The other explained in pure rage but Jimin only poked his tongue out at him and shoved his fingers in his ears as he started chanting ‘Lalalala…’ to annoy the young boy even further.

 

“You are so childlike,” The younger of the two commented while shutting the book he was reading and on cue, a male voice drifted through the woods.

 

“Jungkook where are you? It’s time to leave.”

 

The young boy, apparently known as Jungkook, jumped to his feet readily. Jimin followed him out of curiosity. He saw a tall and lean man greeting Jungkook with a gentle smile while another quite muscular Alpha, Jimin knew was the Prime Alpha for Deolovian Clan, Jeon Dariston, reached out to ruffle Jungkook’s soft hairs with the same bunny-like smile that Jungkook possessed.

 

“Hey, Jimin, look I made a new friend,” Abruptly Taehyung’s voice sounded from behind, snapping Jimin out of his stupor. “This is Minjae; he is the same age as us and belongs with Strax Clan.”

 

Jimin took in the timidly smiling black-haired boy around their age and flashed a hint of his own smile at him before he turned his head to watch Jungkook leaving the clearing with either of his parents beside him. He too turned around to look at Jimin, one last time, before the thick trees blocked their view. Taehyung kept blabbering for a minute longer before he noticed the disinterest his brother was showing; after a few seconds of investigation, the younger sibling noticed the reason behind that.

 

“So, did you apologize to Jungkook?” Taehyung’s serious tone penetrated through Jimin’s thoughts-filled mind.

 

“You know his name?” Jimin questioned in surprise.

 

"Yeah, I had the chance to talk to him. He is nice," Taehyung commented with a shrug. However, before Jimin had a chance to say anything the other pressed. “So, did you apologize?”

 

“Yeah…” Jimin said with an airy laugh. “Yeah, I did… or something along the line.”

 

Jungkook’s ominous words were stuck in Jimin’s head for next four months and even if he tried to plaster a big smile on his face and assured everyone that he was happy to be an Omega- on the day, he and Taehyung reached of age- but the truth was Jimin’s pride was wounded, especially considering the fact that Taehyung turned out to be an Alpha while he was shoved to be the most docile of their kind. And for some illogical reason, Jimin blamed Jungkook. It was like the young Omega was convinced that he would have been an Alpha had not Jungkook jinxed him with his poisonous tongue.

 

By the next Festa, Jimin planned to get Jungkook for cursing him the life of a docile werewolf.

 

When the unmated siblings, Jimin and Taehyung, since not a single soul in their Clan had been able to attract the brothers’ inner wolf, entered the clearing in the Obsidian Forest hoping to have a time of their life, considering this time around they would be allowed to change into their wolf-form with others and explore every crook and nanny of the Forest.

 

Taehyung was excited to meet his friend Minjae and to hunt for their mate together. He separated from his Clan the moment he saw Minjae at the other side of the clearing, shouting out his greeting. Both of them were halfway through when they came to a standstill because out of nowhere it hit them. Just like that the Alpha from Echlipdise Clan imprinted on the Omega from Strax. Neither of the Prime Alphas was happy about it… least of all Strax’s Prime Alpha since it meant he would lose a member of his pack.

 

Jimin himself looked around, not in search for a mate because, in all honesty, he would like to spend a couple of years without a mate, especially with the fact that he was an Omega thus his mated life would be quite boring and domestic… Jimin planned on enjoying some time exploring and going on adventures on his own. Thus, he was looking around for a different reason.

 

“Looking for someone new to bully, little Omega,” A voice sneered from behind, making Jimin spun around at the speed of light and come face to face with an unknown figure.

 

Jimin gasped audibly when he realized that the unknown figure was someone he knew. But, by the grace of all gods out there, Jungkook was hit quite hard by puberty. Gone were his chubby cheeks, small height, and muscle-less figure and now his baby face gave an aura of a confident man… now he looked like he belonged with Sundown Alpha Pack. Tall, lean, muscular and as handsome as a young Alpha should be. If Jimin didn’t know any better, he would almost believe Jungkook was already of the age with the way he looked… but he wasn’t… he was merely sixteen…

 

“So I was right, wasn’t I?” Jungkook said smugly, taking an expressive sniff to emphasize his point. “Definitely a docile Omega.”

 

“You got the docile part wrong,” Jimin snapped unintentionally.

 

“So, does it hurt your pride not to be an Alpha like your brother,” Jungkook teased, tilting his head slightly to glance over Jimin’s shoulder, most probably, at Taehyung. “Or to get a mate as your brother did?”

 

“No!” Jimin denied a bit too quickly and loudly. “I am happy to be an Omega like my Omega Parent.”

 

“Liar!” Jungkook hissed in the same way Jimin had on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter