..Prologue..

When Love Calls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

..PROLOGUE..

 

“We don’t have a lot of time left,” Namjoon said somberly, making Jimin mentally roll his eyes at his Alpha parent.

 

Right on cue, Jimin’s Omega Parent butted in.

 

“You know we only want what’s best for you, right?” Seokjin said in his gentle voice. Jimin wondered how that gentle voice would change to ragging and shouting one if he said what was going through his mind; you only want what’s best for your reputation in the pack!

 

It was an everyday discussion in the Palace of Echlipdise Werewolves; nothing new was ever shared with Jimin anyway. It seemed like his parents had only one topic to discuss the moment their eyes fell on Jimin’s slightly round and slightly angular white-pink face; the topic of his nonexistent love/mated life. The topic of how it's about to be five years since he had been of the age and was still unable to imprint on anyone from their pack or their, very decent and very nice (sarcasm intended), neighboring packs.

 

A werewolf could mate with the person they imprint on or if- in unusual cases- they couldn’t find their true mate at the time of their ripe age, meaning the age of maturity for werewolves, but took fancy on a certain werewolf, the Alphas had the power to mate their love interest and then mate with their true mate once they have successfully imprinted on them. An Alpha could have more than one mate as well. Just like Jimin’s own Alpha Parent, Kim Namjoon, mated with Seokjin who was his love interest since his young teenage days but later on mated with Min Yoongi and Jung Hoseok who turned out to be his true mates a couple of years later- one after the other. All three of Namjoon’s mates were from his clan, so he was able to imprint on them as soon as they turned of age.

 

But Jimin’s case was slightly different. He was an Omega; a rather beautiful Omega with medium height, blond hairs, and electric blue eyes, who had not been able to imprint on anyone in his pack after reaching his eighteenth birthday, neither on someone from his neighboring packs. Jimin had waited patiently for more than a couple of years because it was not unheard of that a werewolf can only imprint on his better half when both have reached their ripe age… believing his mate might not be there just yet, the Omega had no problem enjoying his bachelor life for the time being. But years passed… one after another… the imprint never happened. And now the dreaded Penta-year limit was about to be breached, something his Omega Parent always reminded Jimin, at least a hundred times per day.

 

Living among the pack where most Alphas had more than one mate, of course, it frustrated Jimin that he couldn’t imprint on any Alpha. The worst was when his pack and their other neighboring packs met for Annual Festa; even then, Jimin had been unsuccessful in bonding with his potential mate.

 

The Annual Festa was held every year in the middle of the summer season. All the clans would gather in the vast clearing of the Obsidian Forest that served as the neutral land between the five werewolves Clans living in this certain part of the Earth surface. It was the best time to lay aside all of their differences and be the part of the same species that they were, and in some rare cases, to find their mates. Inessential to say, Jimin failed in that plan as well.

 

Jimin belonged to one of the biggest Clan of their area, the Echlipdise or more commonly known as the Moonstone Fur Pack due to the varying colors of his pack members’ furs which, one way or another, were in different shades of whitish Moon. Jimin himself was blessed with a snow-white coat which complimented his electric blue eyes quite magnificently. Now, the Prime Alpha of Echlipdise Clan was none other than Kim Namjoon, who was kind and unbiased pack leader that the whole Moonstone Pack admired and looked up to.

 

On the far north side of Obsidian Forest lived a slightly smaller clan which went by the name of Strax Clan a.k.a the Sanguis Ice Pack. The leader of that pack, Triston, was a reserved man and only liked to keep his clan to himself and would not bother with Annual Festa if not for Alf and his mate Eunice, who were the Prime leaders of Icheox Clan- the Silent Ash Pack- whose primary role was to keep peace among the five Clans living there. Alf would hold a meeting with Triston to convince him that his packs presence was much needed on the Annual Festa, every single year! Thankfully so or else Jimin’s brother would be left as mate-less as Jimin because Taehyung had imprinted on a young boy from Strax Clan on the Annual Festa right after their eighteenth birthday.

 

The southern side was taken over by a rather unique Clan that consisted of only female werewolves. Even their leader, Lady Lupus, was a fierce female Alpha. Thus, the Mai Clan- which also went by the name of Lupine Lake Pack- covered the area on the other side of Lupine Lack that ran at the outskirt of Obsidian Forest. It was considered the second-largest pack of their area. The largest being Echlipdise Clan tied down with Deolovian Clan, most commonly referred as Sundown Alpha Pack… and as the name stated, the pack consisted of nothing but pure Alphas. Where it stood as a mark of envy for many others but the downhill point of only having Alphas in pack meant rate of fertility being lesser than others since it was a common fact that Alphas could hardly reproduce a single child, or in some cases they would not be given the chance to do even that.

 

Jimin thought it was all farfetched theories and there was absolutely nothing wrong with two Alphas mating… because even being an omega, Jimin was on the verge of losing his chance at reproduction… at the chance of ever being mated.

 

“This is the last year for you Jimin,” Seokjin mumbled in a rather soft voice like he was talking to a small child. “By the time the leaves fall, it would already be five years since you became of age. You would lose your fertility, and then no one would want to have you.”

 

“Seokjin!” Namjoon’s warning tone was not lost on Jimin but the young Omega was far used to his Omega Parent’s harsh words, which were true to the core of them anyway. The Prime Alpha of Ech

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter