You're The One (ChunghaxSomi)

IOI One-Shots (Requests Closed For Now)

You're The One

Chungha x Somi

Requested By babujjung

 

Jeon Somi was living the perfect life. She was well known throughout her school and neighborhood, she was in the volleyball team for her school, she had an awesome family who supported her the most, but the most amazing thing that happened to Somi was... wait for it! Love! Yes, that's right. Love. She had never believed in love at first sight, but she eventually did happen to fall in love at first sight. This is how it started.

...

Somi was walking to her favorite ice-cream shop. She had almost reached to the ice-cream shop when a building caught her eye. Sejong University, the college she was going to in the future was in front of her. She pondered for a bit and decided to explore the university for a bit. She entered inside and widened her eyes once she saw the scene. University students walking together in groups, multiple buildings were resting everywhere, some classes were taken outside. She stood and continued to admire the sight when someone pushed her down.

She laid on the floor and got up, massaging her now red wrist. The person who bumped into her apologized, "Oops, I'm so sorry! Are you okay?"

Somi forced a smile and nodded, "I'm okay. I wasn't looking."

The person looked at her with a raised eyebrow, "Say, aren't you a high schooler?"

Somi nodded and smiled. The person continued to raise their eyebrow at Somi, "What's a high schooler doing here? Aren't you supposed to be studying for mid-terms right now?"

Somi frowned, "No?"

"Sejeong!"

The person, supposedly named Sejeong turned around and smiled, "Chungha unnie, you done with your class?"

Chungha came jogging over to Sejeong's side and smiled at Somi, "And who's this?"

Sejeong forced a smile, "Apparently I bumped into her and she's a high schooler who's wandering around here."

Somi remained silent as she examined Chungha's face, 'She's beautiful. Like a goddess to be exact.'

Chungha smiled at her, "So, are you here for a tour?"

Somi was back to reality and shook her head. Chungha frowned, "No?"

Somi frowned back, "What no?"

"Are you here for a tour?"

Somi nodded and smiled. Chungha smiled back and took Somi's hand, who secretly blushed, "Sejeong, I'm going to give her a tour. I'm sure you're busy with that project of yours, right?"

Sejeong nodded and waved goodbye, "I'll be on my way then. Meet me at Tee-tea's later."

Chungha chuckled, "Sure."

Sejeong walked away and joined a group of university students. Chungha smiled at Sejeong's actions, not realizing that Somi was staring at her. She went back to space and smiled at Somi who blushed at the sudden turn, "Let's go?"

Somi nodded and walked behind Chungha quietly. Chungha chuckled at Somi's cute actions and guided her through all of the buildings. Once they were done, Chungha pointed to a building, "And that's where I take my classes. I'm a student majoring in dance/performance. Sejeong, the girl just earlier, is majoring in music."

Somi bowed and smiled, "Thank you. I'm excited to be here in the future."

Chungha smiled, "What grade are you?"

"Grade 10."

Chungha forced a chuckle and offered Somi a handshake, "I feel so old right now. I'm Kim Chungha, nice to meet you."

Somi took Chungha's offer and shook her hand, "I'm Jeon Somi. Nice to meet you too."

Chungha smiled, "Say, Ms. Somi, can I call you Somi?"

Somi nodded and smiled, "Can I call you Chungha unnie?"

Chungha smiled back, "Of course!"

Chungha patted Somi on the shoulder, "If you do well on your exams and tests, I'm sure our university will accept you right away!"

Somi forced a smile, "I hope."

Chungha then took a step and waved, "I'm sorry, but I have to go now. See you later?"

Somi nodded and made a polite bow. Chungha giggled and walked away. Somi sighed and walked outside of the university. She went to the ice-cream shop and ate her ice-cream peacefully there. She smiled dreamily and sighed, "Kim Chungha unnie."

She smirked and finished the remaining of her ice-cream and threw the wooden stick away. She walked to her house and whistled.

...

The next day, Somi waited outside for Chungha with a bouquet of red roses. When Chungha was walking with Sejeong to the entrance, Somi jumped in front of them and handed her the bouquet, "For you."

Chungha smiled and took the roses, "What's this for, Somi?"

Somi smiled, "For the tour you gave me yesterday despite you having a busy schedule."

Sejeong cooed, "Wow, Chungha unnie! I guess you have an admirer besides me!"

Somi raised an eyebrow while Chungha forced a smile, "The truth is Somi, me and Sejeong are dating."

"Dating?"

Chungha nodded and held Sejeong's hand, "That's right. We just started dating yesterday."

Somi forced a smile, trying hard to hold in her feelings, "I see."

Chungha patted her head, "Even though we want some alone time as a couple, why don't you join us at our favorite café?"

Somi frowned, "Are you sure I'm not going to disturb you guys?"

Sejeong wrapped her arm around Somi's shoulder, "It's okay, we won't mind. Besides, we were just planning to work on our projects."

Somi nodded, "Okay then."

Deep inside, Somi felt hurt. She liked Chungha so much overnight that she was going to ask Chungha out after they had known each other well, but it seemed like Sejeong took the opportunity first. Somi wasn't mad or angry, she was just sad, she knew that Sejeong was a good person, so she decided to go along with it. Meanwhile, she would try to earn the dancer's heart when Sejeong was not there. During their time at the café, Sejeong and Chungha weren't cuddling like any other couple, instead they were so preoccupied in their work that they asked Somi every minute if everything was right. All Somi could do was nod and force a smile, fascinated in their complicated work.

The day passed and night came. Sejeong and Chungha apologized to Somi for keeping her there forever. Somi just smiled and didn't complain. The couple went their way while Somi went her way. Somi sighed and held onto her backpack straps. She opened the door to her house and took off her shoes, "I'm home."

"What took you so long?" her mom asked from the kitchen.

Somi wore her slippers and took off her backpack, "I was hanging out with a bunch of older friends from Sejong University. I helped them with their project and they helped me with my homework."

"Okay, then. Just make sure not to arrive home late again, okay?"

Somi sighed, "Okay."

Somi walked inside her room and dropped herself on her bed. She hugged her pillow and sighed. Then she got up with a determined look on her face, "I shouldn't act shy and quiet in front of them. I'll show them that I can be mature and fun too!"

...

The past couple of months, Somi kept waiting for Chungha (more like bothering her) outside the university. She would always either carry a bouquet of flowers or a box of chocolates, ending it with a cheesy line from the movies she watched with her friends or by herself. Chungha didn't really mind at all. She loved how the younger would give her so much attention and determination. She appreciated that so much and loved Somi's warm company. Sejeong didn't really mind either. She had also thought of Somi as a little sister who was attached to Chungha with a sisterly bond. She never knew that Somi had unrequited feelings for Chungha.

Chungha knew that Somi had unrequited feelings for her. She wanted to return them back, but she didn't love Somi as much as she loved Sejeong. All she ever thought of Somi was a little sister. Nothing else romantic.

...

Three years have passed and Somi got accepted into Sejong University. Now, she spends more time with both Sejeong and Chungha, especially with Chungha since they were both majoring in dance/performance.

One day, as Somi arrived at Chungha's studio, she smiled as usual, "Hey there, Chungha unnie!"

Chungha smiled back at Somi, "Hey, Somi!"

"Let's finish this choreography and head out to eat! My treat!" Chungha said as she pressed on a button on the radio. After an hour of their planned schedule, they changed and headed out to eat. As they walked outside of the building, they spotted Sejeong walking with another girl. Chungha had a smile plastered on her face but stopped when she saw the duo share a kiss. She lowered her head and ran over to Sejeong and the girl. Somi frowned, "Chungha unnie?"

Chungha frowned, "Sejeong? What's going on?"

Sejeong forced a smile at Chungha, "Umm... y-you see-"

Chungha gasped, "N-Nayoung?!"

The girl, Nayoung smirked, "Oh! Chungha! It's been such a long time!"

Chungha gave a glare at Sejeong, "What's going on right now, Sejeong?"

Sejeong took a glance at Nayoung who seemed to nod and make a hidden smirk, "I-I... let's break up."

Chungha pointed her finger at Nayoung, "You're cheating on me?! With her?! Kim Nayoung?!"

Chungha was on the verge of bawling, "Why? Am I not good enough for you?"

Sejeong sighed, "It's just that... I don't produce the same feelings for you anymore."

Chungha continued to laugh bitterly, "Sejeong, don't you remember? I've told you that Kim Nayoung is my rival. She's always there to take everything away from me, even if she pretends that she didn't. And now she's taking you away from me?"

"For your information, Chungha, we are madly in love. Unlike the love that you had with Sejeong," Nayoung interrupted with her arms crossed.

Before Chungha could fight back, Somi cut in front of her, sending the duo a glare, "Don't you dare hurt Chungha unnie!"

Nayoung scoffed, "And what can you do, kid?"

Somi gritted her teeth as she glared at Nayoung, "Just so you know, I can kick that big mouth of yours whenever I want to. Even if you try to stop me, it'll never work."

Chungha looked at Somi with guilt. Somi was always there for her whenever she needed someone. Somi was always hiding in the shadows and would look after Chungha secretly and quietly. Chungha then realized that this whole time, everything was all wrong. The life that she had planned out was all wrong. In fact, she didn't want to live that life anymore. She thought that Sejeong was the one for her, only now fate had proved it wrong. She finally found out the answer. She realized that it was Somi. Somi was the one, the girl who had an unrequited love for her and still does. Chungha had only thought of her as a little sister, but now her heart is beating so much for Somi. And she knows why.

Somi looked at Sejeong with a disappointed look, "The same goes for you, Sejeong unnie. Did you want to hurt Chungha unnie?"

Sejeong stuttered, "U-Umm, no!"

"Well, you've hurt her enough. I swear, if either one of you tries to hurt Chungha unnie, you'll either see my fist or my kick."

Nayoung scoffed again, "Like that puny kid can hurt us-"

Sejeong sighed, "You're wrong, Nayoung unnie. Somi has been dedicated to taekwondo for 14 years. She can easily make you lose even if you're experienced."

Before the trio could say anything, Chungha stepped in again and sighed, giving Sejeong the cold shoulders, "Sejeong, I was wrong from the start. This whole time I thought that you and I were destined to be together till the day we part. Now that I realized it, I now know who my fated one is. The girl who is always supporting and admiring me from the shadows. The girl who had an unrequited love for me. But that unrequited love has turned into a true love. So, I agree with you. Let's break up."

Somi was shocked to see Chungha acting like this and she knew who Chungha was talking about. Before she could celebrate her victory, Chungha grabbed Somi's hand and took them far away. Somi panted, "What's wrong, Chungha unnie?"

Chungha stopped and let the tears fall down, "Chungha unnie?"

"I was so stupid this whole time," Chungha replied and wiped her tears, "To believe that Sejeong and I were meant to be together. It was actually-"

"Me?" Somi asked.

Chungha nodded and hugged Somi, "I'm so sorry, Somi! I knew that you had unrequited feelings for me yet I never tried to talk to you about them!"

Somi hugged back Chungha, "It's okay, Chungha unnie. I'm just glad that you won't get hurt by Sejeong unnie and her stupid girlfriend anymore."

Chungha looked at Somi with shock and giggled. Somi frowned, "What? I was just stating a fact."

Chungha smirked and held Somi's cheeks, "I'm giggling because that was the first time someone actually agreed with me that Nayoung is stupid."

She stopped smirking and sighed, "Somi, I'm so sorry for hurting you. I was just being-"

"Shh. I don't care. I'm very happy that you like me," Somi replied with a warm smile.

Chungha hugged her, "Like? I love you, Somi."

She looked Somi's eyes, then closed her eyes and headed for Somi's lips. They shared a sweet kiss and smiled with their heads touching each other. Chungha blushed, "I love you, Somi."

Somi smiled, "I love you too, Chungha unnie. Because you're the one."