I'll Repair Your Heart (ChunghaxChaeyeon)

IOI One-Shots (Requests Closed For Now)

I'll Repair Your Heart

Chungha x Chaeyeon

Requested By ChungHamster_Kim

 

"I am doomed," Chungha said as she held her report card.

"Another F, I guess?" Sejeong asked with a smirk.

Chungha nodded and placed her report card on the table. She covered her face and groaned as loud as she could. She had never thought that she would get an F this time. She studied hard this semester and had greatly improved for some weeks, until a particular someone bothered her for a while and they still were. Maybe that was the reason why she had an F.

"Sejeong, I'm doomed. I can't seem to improve even if I wanted to. Maybe I should go to a counselor."

"Why not ask our group?" Sejeong asked as she flipped through a book.

"They're not... how do I describe them? They're kind of ignorant."

Sejeong gasped, "Are you calling our group dumb?"

Chungha stuttered, "T-That's not what I meant! Why can't you understand what I'm saying?"

Sejeong winked at her playfully, "Just kidding! I do know and I kind of agree with you. Our group seems more like the fun type rather than the studying type."

Chungha nodded in approval and sighed. She already had her head lying on the table, her stress level increasing as the time passed.

"Or maybe you should go to a tutor," Sejeong recommended.

"Maybe I should," Chungha considered.

...

Chungha walked around as she looked at her report card. It had been a week and she was still depressed. She's never been this depressed before. Even during the times where she got an F (basically it was every time). Maybe it was because of that someone. That someone who would always trigger Chungha at any moment. Chungha made a turn but was met by a bump. She fell onto the ground, the stack of papers that she held were all scattered everywhere. She crawled and gathered the papers but was met by a hand. She looked at the offered hand for a moment but took the offer eventually. She was pulled up immediately and was met by a beautiful girl. The beautiful girl, however did not smile but only bent down to gather the remaining papers on the floor. She handed Chungha the remaining papers and left.

"Wait!" Chungha called out to her. The girl turned and looked at her with a straight face, "What do you need?"

"Y-You're the school president, right?" Chungha randomly asked.

"Yes, I am," the girl said as if the question was already expected.

Chungha looked at the papers and smiled. The school president gave no reaction and only turned to walk away. Chungha sighed and walked the opposite direction, 'It's that person again.'

...

"I'm sorry, but there are no more tutors available."

Chungha looked at the counselor with puppy eyes, "Can't you at least find me someone? Someone at least?"

The counselor sighed. The door behind them opened.

"Oh, Chaeyeon."

Chungha turned around as soon as that name was said. In front of her was the same girl again from yesterday, "Ms. Park, I'm here for my appointment."

The counselor gave a motherly smile at Chaeyeon, "I'll be right there. By any chance, do you know an available tutor for this student? It seems like she needs one urgently."

Chaeyeon took a look at Chungha and nodded, "I'll be willing to be her tutor."

Ms. Park looked at Chaeyeon worriedly, "Are you sure, Chaeyeon?"

Chaeyeon nodded and looked at Chungha, "I don't have a lot to do these days, so I can tutor for her."

Chungha looked at Chaeyeon with a smile and shook her hand, "Thank you so much! You saved my life!"

Chaeyeon nodded with no expression, "You're welcome. Now if you're willing to leave me and Ms. Park alone."

Chungha forced a smile and nodded, "I'm sorry. I'll leave right now immediately."

Chungha left with a more positive mood. Chaeyeon shook her head and took a seat in front of the counselor, "So, how's everything going?"

"That person just now," Chaeyeon whispered, "I think I could get along with her well."

The counselor nodded, "Well, that's an improvement. Are you sure she won't betray you just like what your past friends did?"

Chaeyeon shrugged, "I don't know, but she just gives me a weird feeling when I'm near her."

The counselor looked at her worriedly, "How are things going with your mom?"

Chaeyeon sighed, "She's alright. She's been improving lately. My dad... he's still not coming home. I guess he left us for good."

The counselor placed her hand on Chaeyeon's shoulder, "Don't worry too much. I'm sure you'll get a scholarship to help your mom. You're one of the most responsible school presidents I've ever met."

Chaeyeon sighed, "I hope."

...

"Sejeong! Sejeong! I got a tutor!" Chungha yelled, making Sejeong drop her sandwich. Sejeong shook her head and smiled, "Really? Congrats!"

Chungha sat down next to her and stole a cookie from Sejeong, "At first, there weren't any more available, but then the school president said so herself that she would become my tutor!"

Sejeong blinked her eyes, "The school's Quiet Beauty?"

Chungha nodded, "Yep!"

Sejeong shook her head, "Good luck to you."

Chungha shrugged, "So, where are the others?"

Sejeong stretched out her arms, "They're busy at the restaurant helping out Somi's parents."

Chungha nodded, "I see. So, what do you wanna do? It seems like you've been here for a long time."

Sejeong smirked, "Treat me to something. Come on, we'll celebrate the fact that you have a tutor, who's actually the school president, also known as the Quiet Beauty."

Chungha sighed, "Fine. Only this one time."

Sejeong jumped up and down, "Yay!"

Chungha chuckled, "Don't get too excited or I'll change my mind."

Sejeong stopped jumping up and down, "Aye, aye, captain."

Chungha giggled and headed for the door, "Let's go."

...

Today was day one for Chungha to meet the school president after school at the library, but she ruined it herself. She had already gotten detention, being caught sleeping in class, because Sejeong had made her stay awake yesterday. She had served her detention and rushed to the library like the Flash. She stopped in front of the library and took a deep breath. She opened the door and smiled as soon as she entered inside. She stopped smiling when she saw the scene. Nobody was in the library at that time. Usually, right after school, the library would be packed with students, but it was already five in the afternoon right now. The librarian had gone to do some errands, so the library was all quiet. She was walking around the library because of her curiosity. She had thought that the school president gave up waiting for her and already left the library until she found her reading a book at a table hidden far away from the others.

Chungha felt guilty to waste the school president's spare time. She cleared which got the Quiet Beauty's attention. The school president looked at her with no expression and mumbled, "You're late. What happened?"

Chungha forced a smile, "I got detention for sleeping in class."

Chaeyeon did not react but only placed a bunch of books in front of Chungha gently, "We're going to be studying those books today."

Chungha took a book with widened eyes, "Isn't that going to take us until dark to finish?"

Chaeyeon raised an eyebrow, "You said that you needed help. So this is the help I'm giving you."

Chungha nodded and smiled after a moment of silence, "O-Oh, I see. Then I guess I should start right now."

Chungha took a seat and began to work on the problems by herself. Chaeyeon felt bad for making the poor girl feel stressed out and awkward, so she whispered, "I'm sorry."

She stopped moving her pencil, "Huh?"

Chaeyeon covered her face with a book, "I'm sorry for making you feel uncomfortable."

Chungha gave Chaeyeon a warm smile, "It's okay. I wasn't making any sense either."

Chaeyeon's lips had gone upward a bit. She continued to read silently until Chungha interrupted her, "Ms. Chaeyeon, I need help on this problem."

Chaeyeon placed down her book and went over to Chungha's side, "You would use this equation to solve this problem."

She wrote down the equation on a separate sheet of paper. She handed to Chungha, who took it and looked at it for a moment, "Oh, I see. Thank you, Ms. Chaeyeon."

Chaeyeon mumbled, "You don't have to call me Ms. Chaeyeon. Chaeyeon's fine. I don't really care."

Chungha forced a smile, "Is that so? Then, mind me if I call you Chaeyeon."

Chaeyeon just nodded and returned to her book. By night, Chungha had finished all of the books that Chaeyeon had assigned her to work on. Chungha had kept the books just in case if she forgot anything or needed to study more, which was fine with Chaeyeon. Chungha bowed politely, "Thank you for waiting for me even though I was extremely late. I thought that you grew impatient and already left."

Chaeyeon shrugged, "If I had left the library, that would've been stupid."

Chungha forced a smile, "True."

Chungha had said her farewells to Chaeyeon and headed to the nearest bus stop when she heard footsteps behind her.

'Is it ar that's following me?' Chungha thought worriedly. She took a peek behind and sighed out of relief. It was only Chaeyeon who had continued to read her book as she walked. Chungha forced a smile, "Isn't it dangerous to read as you walk?"

Chaeyeon didn't seem surprised at all, "I'm used to it."

Chungha slowly nodded and stopped at the bus stop. She had begun to sit down until a voice stopped her, "I wouldn't sit down if I were you. There's gum attached to the seat."

Chungha forced a chuckle, "Oh, really? Guess I should be more careful."

"You should," Chaeyeon replied as she looked at her book. Chungha broke eye contact with her, "Say, Chaeyeon. What's that book about?"

"Romance, why?" Chaeyeon asked as she continued to read. Chungha smiled, "Are you perhaps into romantic stuff?"

Chaeyeon shrugged, "I'm just reading it for fun."

"But it looks like you're too immersed in it," Chungha replied.

"I'm always immersed in every book I read," Chaeyeon replied and she had a point. The times where Chungha had seen Chaeyeon at school, Chaeyeon would either carry a book with her or read it as she was walking. Chungha sighed and took the book away from Chaeyeon, "Hey! What are you doing?"

Chungha frowned, "You have to get some exercise, Chaeyeon. You're too pale."

Chaeyeon mumbled, "That's how I am."

Chaeyeon took the book back away from her, "Just because I'm currently tutoring you doesn't mean that I'm instantly your friend. I've tutored a lot of people, but never have I once tried to have a relationship with them. So don't think that you'll have a chance of becoming my friend."

Chungha softened, "I'm sorry. I just wanted you to have some fun. I mean, life can be upsetting and difficult, but it's also fun and exciting at the same time. Why do we even live? I think we live because of these feelings inside of us that we always have."

Chaeyeon remained silent for a moment and mumbled, "Like you know what I'm going through."

Chungha blinked her eyes, "What did you say?"

"Nothing," Chaeyeon quickly answered.

They remained silent and waited until the bus came. Unfortunately, Chaeyeon lived far away from Chungha, so she left Chungha alone at the bus stop. Chungha sighed, "Why is she always in my mind? It's not like we're even friends or anything. But still, she keeps popping up in my head."

...

Chungha had slept properly, with no one to disturb her during the night. Except for Chaeyeon. Lately, her mind's always thinking of Chaeyeon. She doesn't know why she's like this, but she hates it and likes it at the same time. She had gotten out of her house and decided to walk instead of taking the bus today. She woke up pretty early. Oh well. She needed some alone time.

She took out a book from yesterday and began to memorize everything. English was pretty easy for her, so she doesn't have to worry about that. Math and Science weren't her best subjects though. She was always the last one in class to actually understand it correctly. Social Studies was okay. At least she was average. She was probably one of the first people to get to school so early.

She had gotten to her homeroom, when she saw Chaeyeon pass by with a tall stack of papers. She went over to Chaeyeon and smiled, "Do you need help carrying those?"

"I'm okay," Chaeyeon mumbled. Chungha sighed and grabbed a small stack from the top. Chaeyeon glared at her, "What are you doing?"

"Helping you," Chungha answered.

Chaeyeon sighed, "I don't need your help."

Chungha smirked, "Oh really? It looked like you were struggling there."

Chaeyeon remained silent. Chungha had a point. Chaeyeon was never an athletic person from the start. She was always pale and skinny. She managed to stay fit though. Running wasn't her thing either. If you were to ask what was Chaeyeon's worst subject is, it would be P.E. Chaeyeon mumbled, "Fine."

Chungha smiled, "Lead the way."

Chaeyeon did not reply and only walked. Chungha had no problem carrying the stack of papers. Unlike Chaeyeon, Chungha aced at P.E. You could say she's in the top five for P.E. Chaeyeon began to lose her energy, walking slowly as the time passed. Chungha noticed that so she insisted that she would carry more. By the time they reached to the teacher's lounge, Chungha had carried four times more than the amount Chaeyeon was carrying.

They gave the stack of papers to a teacher and bowed. Then, they left the lounge quietly. Chungha stretched her arms and yawned, "That sure was pretty heavy."

Chaeyeon mumbled, "Sorry for borrowing your time."

Chungha smiled, "It's okay. It wasn't that heavy anyway."

Chaeyeon nodded and headed for her classroom. Chungha caught up to her, "So, what grade are you anyway?"

"Why do you ask?" Chaeyeon asked, taking out the book from yesterday. Chungha sighed, "People can be curious, can't they? Also, we should be more informal to each other."

Chaeyeon sighed, "I told you yesterday that just because I'm your tutor doesn't mean we can be friends."

"At least, tell me what grade you are."

Chaeyeon sighed again, "Grade 11."

"Wow, you're one grade lower than me," Chungha said.

Chaeyeon bowed, "Now if you'll excuse me, sunbae."

Chaeyeon then walked away from Chungha. Chungha smiled, "I think I finally found out the reason why."

...

Chaeyeon and Chungha had finally finished for the day. They left the school to go to the bus stop. Chungha had exactly remembered what Chaeyeon said from yesterday.

'I wouldn't sit down if I were you. There's gum attached to the seat.'

Chungha smiled and noticed that there was gum attached to the seat again. She made a mental note to herself to check the seats everyday before sitting down. Chungha took a peek at Chaeyeon to see her listening to music as she read.

'She must not be distracted by that music while she's reading,' Chungha thought.

Chungha smiled and saw Chaeyeon's bus coming. She patted Chaeyeon on the shoulder and showed a warm smile, "Your bus is here."

Chaeyeon nodded and bowed, "Thank you, sunbae."

Chaeyeon waited for the bus to stop and entered inside. She bowed again once she entered inside the bus. Before Chungha knew it, the bus already left. Chungha sighed and leaned on a near post. Her bus eventually came after a few moments. She entered inside and unexpectedly smiled, 'Cute.'

...

Chaeyeon had another appointment with the counselor again. She fiddled with her fingers, "I don't think I have the courage to become friends with her."

The counselor gave a motherly smile, "Don't be like that at all, Chaeyeon. Have a more positive feeling, okay?"

Chaeyeon nodded, "And the problem about my mom. She's not getting better after all."

The counselor stopped smiling, "How bad is the condition?"

Chaeyeon lowered her head, "The doctor said she might die in a few months. If lucky, a year."

The counselor sighed, " cancer can't be helped. Even if you want to do anything for it."

Chaeyeon remained silent, "I think you should have someone else to talk to. Sure, there's me. But only me is not just enough. Maybe a friend or someone that you trust. You can't hide all of this forever, Chaeyeon. Someone that might understand you better than others. That's who you need."

Chaeyeon nodded and stood up, "I'll be heading to my classroom right now, Ms. Park."

The counselor nodded, "Remember what I said, okay? Take things slowly. Cry whenever you need to, okay?"

Chaeyeon nodded, "I understand, Ms. Park. I'll be in my way now."

Chaeyeon had left the counselor's office already. She stood in front of her classroom and sighed. She opened the door and headed for her desk. She could hear whispers as she headed for her desk, "Oh my, what's the school president doing here? I thought she was busy at the counselor's office."

"She's cute and pretty. I even heard that she was hella rich. But she's a no no. She's too emotionless."

'That's not even true at all,' Chaeyeon said in her head. It was a good thing that it was her free period. Chaeyeon remained silent and opened her book. The only reason why she even thought of reading a romance book was to see how love was like. She's never received love before. Her dad left her and her mom for good. Her mom was currently stuck in the hospital due to cancer. She had no siblings or any other known relatives. All of them seemed to leave her alone in despair. Her classmates talk about her everyday, but it's always a surprise. It might be something good, or it might be something bad. She had plenty of support from her teachers and elders, but she never actually thought of them as "helpful". The counselor was the only person who she gave a bit of interest into. Other than that, there was this one person who she thought could change her. This one person would smile at any possible situation, they would lend out a helping hand, and they might seem to understand what Chaeyeon was going through.

That person was none other than Chungha. Chaeyeon had never paid attention to Chungha once in her life. Until the day when she met Chungha at the hospital. Chaeyeon had gone to see her mom that day and unexpectedly met Chungha at the hospital. Chungha apparently had gone to the hospital due to her older sister going into labor. Chungha had to go. It wasn't her decision. Besides Chungha never wanted to be an aunt. It was too much work for her, that's what she thought. Chungha had left the family after her older sister gave birth and walked around the hospital. Then, she met Chaeyeon. Chaeyeon was inside with her mom. Her mom was whispering something to her and Chungha could see her tears. That was the first time Chungha saw Chaeyeon's tears. She might've been the first student from their school to ever see Chaeyeon's tears.

Chaeyeon was still in her school uniform, so Chungha knew that she was from their school. She had also seen Chaeyeon around campus a few times. Chaeyeon wiped her tears away and had gone to refill water for her mom when she saw Chungha at the door. Chungha smiled and bowed before going away. Chaeyeon had remembered everything since that day, she thinks about it everyday and smiles about it. 

Sometimes, she even wished that she was friends with Chungha already, but she was always back to reality. Chaeyeon had always thought that Chungha would never be friends with her. But her hope had gotten up due to Chungha's behavior over the few days. Maybe they could be friends. Maybe.

Chaeyeon sighed and went back to reality. Reality was something Chaeyeon hated. Chaeyeon had reached to the story's when a classmate triggered her, "I heard that she's not even rich at all. Her dad left her and her mom because of something and her mom has cancer. She has like five different part time jobs so that she could support her mom and pay for the bills."

"Really?" everyone asked. Chaeyeon contained her anger inside of herself. She could never become violent. She hated violence, her dad always used that against her mom before leaving them alone to despair. She lowered her head more, "You shouldn't go into other people's lives without their permission."

Chaeyeon lifted up her head and saw Chungha standing at the door. 

"It's Chungha sunbaenim!"

"My god, what's she doing here? Isn't she a legend?"

"Yeah, she's from I.O.I, isn't she? I forgot what it stood for?"

"Ideal Of Icons, apparently."

"I think this is her first time visiting another classroom!"

"Plus, it's her dongsaengs' classroom!"

Chaeyeon stood up from her seat and gasped, "W-What are you doing here?"

There were whispers, "Did she just gasp and stutter? I never knew she had emotions."

"So, she does have emotions."

Chaeyeon lowered her head after. Chungha smiled and turned to Chaeyeon's classmates with a frown, "You shouldn't make Chaeyeon feel uncomfortable everyday. She already has a lot of responsibility as the school president so don't pressure her anymore."

"It's also none of your business too," a girl spoke. Chungha gave a disappointed look at the girl, "Is that how you treat your sunbae?"

The girl lowered her voice and mumbled, "I'm very sorry, sunbaenim."

Chungha gave a warm smile at Chaeyeon and grabbed her hand, "Follow me."

Chaeyeon did not decline due to Chungha's serious eyes even though she was smiling. She nodded and followed behind Chungha outside. They were at the school garden away from everyone. Chungha sighed, "You should protect yourself from them, Chaeyeon. Otherwise, they're going to use your weakness against you."

Chaeyeon remained silent and gave her a glare, "What do you think you're doing?"

Chungha raised an eyebrow. Chaeyeon took a deep breath, "I don't need help from anyone. This is my problem."

Chungha sighed, "The counselor told me."

Chaeyeon widened her eyes. Chungha went over to her and took her hand. She massaged it gently with a warm smile, "It's okay if you want to be my friend. It's okay if you want to cry right now. It's okay if you're hurting somewhere. At least, let it all out somehow. Wounds are meant to stop hurting after you let them out."

Chaeyeon gave a silent nod. Chungha patted her back and gave a motherly smile, "Cry."

Chaeyeon looked at her, "I don't feel like crying."

Chungha shook her head, "Just cry. I know you want to."

Chaeyeon lowered her head and broke eye contact with Chungha. Chungha gave her a reassuring smile, "Go on. Nobody's here except for the both of us."

Chaeyeon nodded and finally let her tears out. She didn't care if she was secretly being watched. She forgot about reality. She wanted Chungha to stay by her side. That was all she wanted. Chungha patted her back and whispered, "That's right. Let it all out."

It had been a minute since Chaeyeon started crying. Chaeyeon thought that Chungha had gone tired of looking at her cry, but Chungha only put up with a warm smile. Chaeyeon stopped crying and wiped her tears away. She bowed and mumbled, "Thank you."

Chungha nodded, "Anytime. And just remember, we're now friends. So if there's anything hurting you, just tell me."

Chaeyeon nodded and bowed again. She then left Chungha alone at the school garden. Chungha sighed, "She was this depressed?"

...

Everything was silent as Chungha looked at her book. Chaeyeon took a peek at Chungha and sighed, "T-Thank you for helping me earlier."

Chungha looked up and smiled, "No problem."

Chaeyeon forced a smile and looked at her book again. She had already reached the and she finally got her answer, 'So, that's what it feels like. Love.'

"H-Have you ever felt love before, sunbae?" Chaeyeon asked before she could stop herself. She placed her hand over and mumbled, "Sorry."

Chungha just smiled, "It's okay. Yep, I felt love before. I can even feel it right now."

Chaeyeon raised her eyebrow, "Who are you in love with?"

Chungha sighed, "Would you believe me if I said their name right now?"

Chaeyeon pondered for a moment and finally nodded. Chungha took a deep breath, "You."

Chaeyeon widened her eyes immediately, "M-Me?"

Chungha nodded and smiled, "I'm in love with you, Jung Chaeyeon."

Chaeyeon started to feel her cheeks turning hot. She hid her face from Chungha by using her book, "Is this a joke?"

"It's not. Do you think love is a joke?" Chungha asked, her feelings were obviously kind of hurt.

Chaeyeon took the book away from her face and shook her head, "T-That's not what I mean. I mean... nobody here seems to like me. But, this is the first time anyone has said they like me besides my family and everyone else."

Chungha smiled, "You're a good person, Chaeyeon. I don't think you're a bad person at all. Sure, your expressions can make people think you're someone who's lost their sparkle, but you just need to show them what you're feeling right now. You still have your sparkles in your eyes. I can tell."

Chaeyeon softened and whispered, "You're very kind, Chungha. I can never be like you."

Chungha patted Chaeyeon's back, "And I can never be like you."

Chaeyeon gave Chungha a raised eyebrow. Chungha chuckled, "Well, a girl who's one year younger than me but is the school president and can keep her grades all at A's? That's pretty amazing to me."

Chaeyeon mumbled, "It's nothing."

Chungha shook her head, "I can never do that."

Chaeyeon pouted, "But you're a person who I can never be. You always smile at any situation whether it's good or bad, you're calm and composed, you know how to make a person feel proud and confident, and you always say inspiring words."

Chungha forced a smile, "That's just a talent I got from my dad. He always said these words to me whenever I felt negative, 'To handle yourself, use your head; to handle others, use your heart.' That was his number one quote."

Chaeyeon frowned, "That's weird. I feel like I heard this quote before."

Chungha sighed, "It's a quote from Eleanor Roosevelt."

Chaeyeon stopped frowning, "Oh.."

Chungha smiled, "So, do you accept my confession or not?"

Chaeyeon fiddled with her fingers, "Give me a moment to think about it. This confession was too sudden for me."

Chungha nodded, "I understand. Just tell me when you've decided."

Chaeyeon nodded and smiled, 'Is this love in real life?'

...

The two had finished for the day and headed to the bus stop. Chungha said goodbye to Chaeyeon with a smile as her bus was waiting for her. Chaeyeon smiled back and entered the bus. She sighed as she sat down and felt energetic all of a sudden. She placed her hand on her left chest and took a deep breath, 'My heart's acting weird.'

She decided to listen to music so that he heart beat would eventually calm down. It was no use. Her heart was beating faster than normal and she thought that she had caught a disease. Turned out that she started to develop feelings for Chungha after she had listened to Chungha's sudden confession.

Chaeyeon knew that she and Chungha were meant to be together. Chaeyeon was sure Chungha was the one to change her differently. So, Chaeyeon was determined to make Chungha fall in love with her more before answering her confession.

...

"Who is that?"

"Is that the school president?"

"I never knew she could smile and dress well."

"She looks even more beautiful."

"Wow, daebak."

"She's changed. Completely changed from an emotionless Quiet Beauty to a new Quiet Beauty."

"Then I guess she's Quiet Beauty 2.0."

"That's right! Quiet Beauty 2.0!"

Chaeyeon was not paying attention to the people in front of her. She went to her locker and applied a thin layer of makeup on her face. She then walked to her classroom and passed two guys who's eyes looked like they were literally going to pop out. Chaeyeon smirked and gave the duo a wink. The two guys collapsed from her wink and laid on the ground unconscious. Chaeyeon looked at them with widened eyes, 'Are winks that powerful?'

Chungha had thought of this day as a normal day until she saw guys running around with their phones. She raised an eyebrow and tapped on a guy's shoulder, "What's going on?"

The guy looked irritated but changed expressions and bowed when he saw Chungha's face, "Hi, sunbae. You don't know what happened? The Quiet Beauty has been updated."

Chungha continued to raise her eyebrow, "The Quiet Beauty has been updated?"

The guy groaned in a polite way, "See for yourself, sunbae. I'll be on my way to see the Quiet Beauty 2.0 right now."

Chungha could only mentally shrug and know something had happened to Chaeyeon. She followed the big crowd and made her way to the front. She gasped at the sight in front of her. Chaeyeon was smiling. Chaeyeon had worn her school uniform like any normal day, but Chungha could see Chaeyeon's thin layer of make up. She was winking a lot apparently and by the time Chungha knew it, half of the guys already fainted from shock. Chaeyeon caught Chungha and smiled, "Sunbae!"

Chungha forced a smile at her as Chaeyeon wrapped her arms with Chungha's arms, "Sunbae, do you want to grab lunch together later?"

Chungha forced a nod, "Sure, why not?"

Chaeyeon reacted cutely to Chungha's answer and gave her a cute wink, "Catch you later, sunbae!"

To be honest, on the outside, Chungha didn't look surprised, but inside she was squealing so hard, she thought she might've squealed out loud in real life. Chungha put up with a smile and walked to her class. Chaeyeon wasn't satisfied with Chungha's answer back then. She thought that her wink would make Chungha fall in love with her more. Seemed like it didn't work on everyone. Although Chaeyeon couldn't wait for lunch to come.

...

Lunch was okay, not considering the fact that Chaeyeon's new fanbase kept stalking them. Chaeyeon only smiled at them while Chungha looked at her book as she ate. Chungha was about to flip to a new page when Chaeyeon took the book away from her. Chungha frowned, "What are you doing, Chaeyeon?"

Chaeyeon smiled, "You're too focused, sunbae. Have some fun once in a while."

Chungha forced a smile, "Chaeyeon, this exam is important. Can I just study for five more minutes?"

Chaeyeon shook her head and pouted cutely, "Sunbae."

Chungha sighed and got up, "I'm sorry, Chaeyeon, but if you don't give me any time to study for this important exam then I have no time to play with you. And what's with this attitude today? I feel like this is too much for me to handle."

Chaeyeon stopped smiling and lowered her head, "I-I'm sorry, sunbae."

Chungha gave her a disappointed look, "Now, please give me some time being alone."

Chungha walked away from Chaeyeon silently. Chaeyeon never expected this to happen. She could feel tears starting to form in her eyes, but she held them in. She smiled at her fans for a second and walked to her classroom with an unenthusiastic face.

Chungha had stopped for a moment and sighed, 'Why did I say that to her? Stupid Chungha.'

Chungha hoped that she would apologize to Chaeyeon after school as she entered inside her classroom.

...

It was not what Chungha had planned to do. Chaeyeon was back to her normal self. She remained silent and it turned out she was reading another book, not about romance, but about science fiction. Chungha could only open , but no sound came out. She closed and lowered her gaze, "Chaeyeon, are you mad at me?"

Chaeyeon did not answer and kept her eyes on her book. Chungha sighed and eventually turned to look at her book. The day ended slowly for the both of them. In fact, Chaeyeon wanted to talk to Chungha but she had already made Chaeyeon mad this noon. Chungha couldn't find any opportunity to even say sorry to Chaeyeon, so she thought that she would write a letter to Chae Yeon tomorrow.

They both went to the bus stop in silence. Chaeyeon continued to keep her pair of eyes on the book while Chungha looked around nervously. Worst of all, Chaeyeon had her ears blocked with her earbuds. Chungha couldn't take it anymore and looked at her face, "Why aren't you saying anything, Chaeyeon?"

Chaeyeon couldn't hear anything due to the music. Chungha scoffed for the first time in front of Chaeyeon, "Are you ignoring me now?"

Chaeyeon continued to remain silent. Chungha couldn't take it anymore and took Chaeyeon's wrist harshly. Chaeyeon's earbuds fell off due to the impact. Chaeyeon looked at Chungha surprisingly, "I'm asking you something, Jung Chaeyeon! Why aren't you answering anything?!"

Luckily, no one was near them to hear Chungha's yelling. Chaeyeon widened her eyes, but no sound came out of her. Chungha took a deep breath, "Do you know how much I wanted to say sorry to you? How much it made me angry when you gave attention to those guys? How much you changed overnight?"

Chaeyeon raised her eyebrow, "Seriously, I thought you told me to not annoy you. You told me that I should be more happier, so I did and changed for you."

Chungha held Chaeyeon's wrist tightly, "You can't change so easily like that! You need to take your time!"

Chungha's loud voice and her grip made Chaeyeon wince, but that didn't make her give up, "Do you even know why I'm doing this?! My heart acts weird whenever I'm near you! I start to blush whenever you give me a compliment! Your words inspire me so much to become more positive! You're the first person I ever felt like this in my whole life!"

Chungha loosened her grip on Chaeyeon's wrist and widened her eyes, "What did you just say?"

Chaeyeon had let her tears go out, remembering Chungha's words, "You said that you would give me a moment to think about it, right? Well, I've made my decision."

Chungha backed away, "Does that mean?"

Chaeyeon nodded, "Yes, I'm in love with you."

Chungha gulped down her saliva. Chaeyeon hugged her, "Sunbae- no, Chungha unnie, I love you. I love you so much that it hurts to see whenever you're with someone else."

Chungha looked at Chaeyeon for a moment before patting her back, "I'm sorry for making you feel sad and disappointed earlier. I was stressed out, that's why."

Chaeyeon sighed out of relief, "It's okay, unnie. Promise that you'll make it up to me tomorrow."

Chungha nodded and stopped the hug. She held Chaeyeon's hand and smiled, "Is it okay if you miss your bus? I'm going to miss mine, too."

Chaeyeon nodded with no thoughts and followed Chungha from behind. They reached at an open field with no one to disturb them. Chungha took Chaeyeon's hand and walked down the steps. Chaeyeon followed her, "What are we doing here, unnie?"

Chungha smiled and pulled her down to the grass. Chaeyeon smiled and giggled. Chungha sat up and admired the stars above. Chaeyeon copied and did the same and sighed, "What are we doing-"

"Have you ever heard of a couple kissing in front of the beautiful night sky?"

Chaeyeon frowned, "No, I have-"

She was suddenly stopped by Chungha's soft lips. She stopped widening her eyes and let Chungha take over. They ended the kiss eventually and smiled. Chaeyeon touched her lips and made a pout, "Unnie."

Chungha chuckled, "Sorry."

Chaeyeon went on top of Chungha, making her flustered. Chaeyeon gave a seductive smirk before she went for Chungha's lips, "Babo."

Chaeyeon eventually found Chungha's lips addicting, the same was for Chungha. They were both caught in their kiss when they both heard fireworks behind them. They stopped the kiss and stood up to admire the view.

"Chaeyeon, I know how much you're hurting. So I'll be the one to fix that," Chungha said as she looked at the sky filled with fireworks.

Chaeyeon smirked at Chungha, "How are you gonna do that?"

Chungha smiled, "I'll repair your heart."

Chaeyeon giggled and sighed, "Then, repair my heart."

Little did they know, their hands automatically intertwined with each other.

...

"OMG! Is that Chungha sunbaenim and the school president?"

"Guess what I heard! They're dating!"

"For real?!"

"Well, they do look good together."

"True, true."

Chaeyeon smiled as she wrapped her arm around Chungha's arm. She smiled, "So, you wanna grab strawberry lattes later?"

Chungha smiled, "Sure!"

...

Chungha had promised Chaeyeon to drink strawberry lattes, so they went. Chaeyeon had gotten a little more positive. Her dad did leave her and her mom for good, but at least her mom was unexpectedly recovering all of a sudden. She also was with the love of her life, Chungha.

Chungha was happy that Chaeyeon was happy. She met Chaeyeon's mom at the hospital properly for the first time and they're on good terms.

They both smiled and sighed as they sipped their lattes, thinking of the same thing at the same time, 'Love is so romantic.'