An Unexpected Reunion (I.O.I)

IOI One-Shots (Requests Closed For Now)

An Unexpected Reunion

I.O.I

Requested By valerieng123

 

MaknaeOnTop is online

GodYaSe is online

Yooshine is online

HamChung is online

PenguinIsLife is online

CutePinky is online

Chaeyeonie is online

DODODOYEON is online

FoodIsLife is online

Stone is online

YeunCider is online

 

MaknaeOnTop: Unnies, should we meet somewhere?

Yooshine: What's the rush, Somi?

MaknaeOnTop: I suddenly want us to meet.

DODODOYEON: Too bad. I'm busy playing.

Chaeyeonie: I agree. I'm busy sleeping.

PenguinIsLife: I'm busy looking at cute penguins.

FoodIsLife: I'm busy eating right now.

Stone: I can't listen to this anymore.

GodYaSe: Somi's right! We should meet somewhere!

MaknaeOnTop: Pretty please! It's been a long time since we disbanded!

Chaeyeonie: Honey, it's been a few months since we disbanded.

Somi: Fine. It's been a few months, but it's still a long time since we disbanded.

GodYaSe: She's making puppy eyes in front of her screen, Chaeyeon. Let the kid have a reunion.

HamChung: If you're thinking that meeting together again is an option for you to get all dirty, then I'm out.

GodYaSe: B-But-

HamChung: No buts, or I'm out.

GodYaSe: ... fine.

HamChung: Kay then folks. Let's go meet at our fancafe.

MaknaeOnTop: I thought they shut down our fancafe a long time ago.

DODODOYEON: Then let's just meet at a random cafe.

Yooshine: Let's do that!

CutePinky: I AM HUNGRY. I AM HUNGRY. I AM SO HUNGRY. HELP ME.

FoodIsLife: Tsk, what's with the caps?

CutePinky: Oops, I accidentally left it on.

Chaeyeonie: Let's meet at my favorite cafe. There's a lot of different food and drink options.

YeunCider: Can we go to karaoke after?

Stone: We'll see, Yeonjung. We'll see.

YeunCider: Yay

PenguinIsLife: Can we also get limited edition penguin dolls?

Stone: We'll see, Sohye. We'll see.

CutePinky: Nayoung unnie's actually being nice for the first time.

Stone: To add onto that, Kyulkyung. I am always nice.

Yooshine: Could it be that she loves Yeonjung and Sohye more than us?

DODODOYEON: That could be true!

Stone: What? No way. I love all of you-

CutePinky: Save it, stone. Betrayer.

Stone: ... I'll pay for everything.

CutePinky: You have been forgiven.

Chaeyeonie: So, are we going or not?

MaknaeOnTop: Can we go right now?

Stone: Kay. Let's go. Meet you guys there in ten.

HamChung: Kay.

 

MaknaeOnTop is offline

GodYaSe is offline

Yooshine is offline

HamChung is offline

PenguinIsLife is offline

CutePinky is offline

Chaeyeonie is offline

DODODOYEON is offline

FoodIsLife is offline

Stone is offline

YeunCider is offline

...

Somi was the first one to arrive at the cafe Chaeyeon had recommended. She walked up to the cashier and gave a warm smile, "Three americanos, two cappuccinos, two strawberry lattes, one macchiato, two tangerine-honey smoothies, and one blueberry-banana smoothie."

The cashier nodded and smiled, "What's your name?"

"Somi," Somi replied, surprised that the cashier didn't know who she was. The cashier nodded and handed the order to the barista. The barista nodded and began to work. Somi sat down at a table and looked outside the window, 'The unnies are taking quite a long time to get here.'

Just as she was about to get up to get some fresh air outside, a pair of hands covered her eyes, "Guess who it is."

Obviously, it was Chaeyeon. Her soft hands, strawberry scent, and sweet voice instantly gave it away. Somi smiled, "You give things away so easily, Chaeyeon unnie."

Chaeyeon took her hands away from Somi's eyes and pouted. She took a seat on the opposite side of Somi, "Seriously, it seems like everyone knows who I am when I do that to them."

Somi forced a smile, "I just ordered drinks for us."

Chaeyeon raised an eyebrow, "Did you get-"

"Yes, I got your strawberry latte," Somi sighed.

Chaeyeon smiled innocently and played with her fingers, "Heehyun unnie said it was fine for me to hang out, but I have to be back by my curfew."

Somi smiled, "No worries. I just hope the others won't take long."

Just then, the door rang, grabbing both of the idols' attention. Sejeong and Mina entered inside quietly and smiled, "Are we too late?"

Chaeyeon smiled and greeted Mina cutely, "Nope. We just got here."

Sejeong pulled a chair out and sat down next to Somi while Mina sat down next to Chaeyeon, "So, what did you get for us?"

Somi sighed, "Cappuccino for you, tangerine-honey smoothie for Mina unnie."

Sejeong patted Somi's back with her signature eye smile, "Good job, kiddo."

Mina looked around, "The others aren't here yet?"

Somi nodded, "Order for Somi."

Somi got up quickly, "The drinks are ready." 

Sejeong got up as well, "I'll help you." 

Chaeyeon got up with a pout, "You're not leaving me behind." 

Mina gasped dramatically, "Are you leaving me, Chaeyeon unnie?" 

Chaeyeon forced a smile, "Sorry, Mina. At least, Sohye's here."

Mina turned to the door, "Where?"

"Sorry, I'm late. I had to inform my manager first," Sohye spoke, taking a seat next to Mina. Chaeyeon smiled and took both Sejeong's and Somi's arms, "Well, then. We'll be grabbing the drinks."

Mina smiled and had a long conversation with Sohye about food and penguins while the trio grabbed drinks. Nayoung and Kyulkyung entered inside as soon as the trio returned back with the drinks. Nayoung widened her eyes, "Did you already pay?" 

Somi nodded, making Nayoung gulp down nervously. She took a peek at Kyulkyung, who only smiled, "Really. I don't care. At least I didn't have to pay."

Nayoung sighed out of relief and sat down next to Sohye. Kyulkyung took a seat next to Chaeyeon and began looking for her drink, "Somi, what did you get me?"

"I got you the same thing as Chaeyeon unnie," Somi simply replied.

Kyulkyung smiled, thanking Somi inside her mind. She took her drink and began sipping it slowly. Nayoung smiled as soon as she found hers, "Macchiato's mine, right?"

Somi nodded and sat down, getting her blueberry-banana smoothie. Chaeyeon smiled as she sipped her strawberry latte, while Sohye and Mina were talking as they drank their smoothies. Sejeong took a long sip, "The others sure are taking long."

The door finally opened and came in the missing four who had an apologetic smile on their faces. They rushed to the table and sat down. Yoojung, Doyeon, and Yeunjung gave a glare, "What's our drink?

"Americanos," Somi sighed at the hyper trio. Chungha smiled and sat next to Sejeong, "Oh, cappuccino!"

The hyper trio sat next to Chungha unnie and began to dig in their drinks. Sohye and Mina's stomach grumbled. Chaeyeon looked at them worriedly, "Are you guys hungry?"

They both forced a smile, "We're on a diet, that's why."

Chaeyeon looked at them and felt bad. She had gone through the same harsh moments. She made a determined look on her face, "I'll buy cakes for you. My treat."

Mina and Sohye had sparkles in their eyes as soon as Chaeyeon said that, "Really, unnie? Thank you!"

As expected, Chaeyeon was the mom of I.O.I. Even if she was angry at a member, at some point she would forgive them easily. It's just her personality. She can't look at a person who's suffering more than her. She got up and smiled, "I'll go over and get us cake."

Mina and Sohye smiled as if they were in dreamland. They appreciated Chaeyeon so much. It was so easy to get Chaeyeon's attention, anyway. Chaeyeon came back with strawberry cake and chocolate cake. Mina and Sohye started to dig in theirs, but gave away the strawberries to Chaeyeon as payback. Chaeyeon showed them a motherly smile and began to eat her strawberry cake.

The members used their special time by talking, laughing, and playing with each other. As promised, they went out to karaoke and got Sohye her limited edition penguin dolls. By the time they knew it, the day was over and they had to part away again. Although, they forgot how important that day was to them.

May 4th, 2017. The day of their debut and the beginning of their dreams.