Woojin to the Rescue

Imperfectly Perfect

Yoojung and Woojin were walking down a dim street. Silence filled the air, but this time it was awkward. "Im sorry for making you walk me home.." Yoojung apologized. 

"Um, no don't worry about it." 

another silence filled the air. 

"Um... Are you and Byul-sshi very close?" Yoojung asked out of curiousity. As if a signal, Woojin's face brightened up upon hearing her name. 

"Mmm. We've known each other for several years. We met at the auditions first and we happened to go through the exact same road so naturally we became close." 

"Oh.. So you guys are like siblings huh?" She asked. 

"Siblings.... um. Yeah. I guess like siblings..." Woojin stuttered. "I really would like to get to know Byul-sshi more." The girl wished. "You should. She's an amazing person. She's truly someone that i look up to." Woojin's eyes glazed with happiness. 

Yoojung looked at him and started to feel small. A few more moments of silence followed as Yoojung stopped in her trail. 

"My house is right here." She pointed. "Thank you for walking me home. I'll see you at school." She bidded goodbye. Woojin just raised his arm in return and turned back the road to head to the Jjajjyangmyun place.

 

------

 

Byul on the other hand walked into the restaurant. The ahjumma recognized her. "Oh! Byul-ah!! Are you alone today? Where are the other boys?" She asked. 

"Woojin's coming a little later. Can we get two jjajjyangmyun please?" Byul kindly asked. "Mm. Okay honey." The woman went into the very back, into the kitchen. 

Byul sat at one of the empty tables and looked around the rather empty restaurant. At the moment, the small bell dangled from the door signaled that a person is entering the place. 

She looked towards the door, expecting to see Woojin, but instead a rowdy group of drunk college boys entered. Byul didn't want to bother with them so she immediately avoided eye contact with them and looked down at her phone. 

"oh! A pretty girl." One of the boys hollered. "Heyy. Are you alone? Do you want some company? We can keep you entertained." The boy invaded Byul's personal space and sat next to her, putting his arm around her shoulder without permission.She felt an unwanted hand around her thighs, slowly making its way up.  

The friends' of the college student were of no help and were just laughing and taking a video. Byul, uncomfortable, scared, and disgusted, could not make a move, and instead could only close shut her eyes and clench her fists, screaming in silence. 

At that moment, the disgusting arm was peeled off. Byul looked up to see a familiar red hair. 

Immediately Byul's face showed a sign of relief. 

"Yah! Who are you?" The drunk boy stood up. Woojin just glared straight at him. "I'm her boyfriend." He declared. Byul snapped her eyes at him, surprised at his answer. 

"Hah. Boyfriend?" The drunk man looked at Byul and scoffed. "Well, Mr. Boyfriend.. Did you know that your girlfriend here pretended that you didn't exist and tried to flirt with me?" He accused. Woojin just laughed. His eyes turned into cold ice. Byul has never seen his eyes that burned with anger, and for a second, she even felt scared. 

 "I know for sure that that is most certainly not true because she would never go for a scumbag like you." He scowled back. 

"Mwoh? Scumbag??" The boy boiled in anger and was about to lean in for a punch but his friends stopped him with great timing. "yah. Jinho stop. Let's go. You're too drunk right now." They dragged him away, trying to stop any kind of fight from breaking out. The group of students finally left the restaurant and peace filled the place once again. Woojin glared once more at the door to check that they were not coming back again, before sitting down in front of Byul. 

"Are you okay Noona?" His eyes turned back to his normal soft, warm eyes. "yeah. thank you Woojin. But yah! Boyfriend was a bit too much. You could of just said friend or something ha. ha." She thanked and joked at the same time, trying to hide the fact that she was actually terrified. However, her body could not lie and due to the rush of relief, her hands could not stop shaking.

Woojin noticed everything and he silently moved to the empty seat next to Byul and pulled Byul into his chest without a word. 

At that moment, Byul couldn't help but burst into tears. Woojin just silently patted her shoulder. 

Byul clutched onto his shirt and silently cried, letting hot tears run down her cheeks. 

"You said not to leave cute girls alone, but have you ever consider  that about yourself about it too?" Woojin scolded. "Noona, youre very pretty so you need to be careful yourself too. If you keep on doing this, I'll have no choice but to be the one that protects you Byul."