Practice and Trouble

Imperfectly Perfect

A week passed and Byul and Woojin, being the fast learners they are, already memorized the whole choreography and are perfecting their moves. 

They are hardworkers so they didn't notice that it had already been 10pm without eating dinner. The two were lying on the panting from the hard routine. "Wanna go get something to eat noona?" Woojin started the conversation. "Sounds good. What do you want to get?" 

"Jjajjangmyun?" Woojin suggested. Byul stood up in excitement. "Lets gooo!" 

Byul always gets excited at the thought of getting food. Woojin smiled at her dorky actions. 

----

Byul and Woojin stepped out of the company building and headed to a nearby restaurant. The neighboorhood was quiet and dim. Silence filled the air between the two. Yet it was comfortable silence. 

"Noona, how's your rap making going?" Woojin asked. "mmm... not good. I just can't really grasp the right feeling." Byul confessed. Woojin was taken aback by her words. Byul is talented she never struggled making lyrics before. She was like a machine, making different rap lyrics one after another. This is the first time he has ever seen her troubled with rap. 

"This time, the color of the song is really different from what Im used too you know... I usually write about my passion for my dreams, and running forward. But this time, its about love and missing someone thats in front of you, you know... I just don't have any experience in that area.. you know... just as a trainee in general, you just don't have time to fall in love you know...." Byul spoke her mind and Woojin nodded in agreement. 

"Yeah... I understand. It is a hard life as a trainee to really experience what normal students experience... But you know Byul noona, I believe that you'll write great lyrics like you always do so don't sweat about it too much!" He encouraged her. 

"Thanks Woojin-ah. I can always rely on my little country bumpkin." She cooed and scruffled his soft hair. "Ah! jeom! yah! Stop babying me!" He yelled. 

"YAH?!?!? Did you just call your noona yah?!? Aish. You.. You come here!" Woojin sensed the danger so he already sprung away. Byul chased behind him. "Yah! Park Woojin!!" She yelled. She could hear his high toned chuckle he does whenever he gets excited. To his bad luck, the pedestrian sign turned red and couldn't cross the road and soon after Byul caught up and jumped at him and put him in a head lock. 

"I need to teach you a lesson." She playfully scolded and nudged his head. "ah! Noona! Noona im sorryy!!" He screamed for mercy and at that time, the two heard a familiar voice. 

"Woojin?" 

The two looked towards the voice "Oh! Yoojung-ssi!" He called out. Byul loosed her grip on Woojin. He used that chance and escaped. 

"Why are you here?" He asked as he fixed his hair. "Ahh. I just finished working at the pizza parlor and heading home." Yoojung explained. 

"Ahhh. I see. Well, Byul Noona are heading to eat Jjajangmyun. I'll see you tomorrow at school?" Woojin signaled farewell but Byul interrupted. 

"Yah. Where are your manners!? you can't send a cute girl home by herself at this time, late at night! Walk her home!" 

"ah! No! It's really close! It's really just a few more minutes away!" Yoojung tried to decline. "Nono. You never know what might happen. Woojin go." She pushed him towards Yoojung. He looked back at Byul with a unknown expression. "I'll see you at the restaurant okay?" Byul shooed him away. 

Woojin, without choice decided to walk Yoojung home. He kept looking back at Byul with his hands in his pocket. Byul gave him a last final wave before turning her back towards the two and headed straight to the restaurant, a few meters down.