Auditions

Imperfectly Perfect

~ 2010 Spring~

You were sitting in a chair nervously, going over your self-written rap lyrics in your head. There were few other people in the hallway with you, also nervously warming up their voices, and stretching their bodies for their upcoming audition. 

A nearby door creaked open, and walked out a lady with a clipboard. 

"Okay, numbers 36 to 40 please come in." The lady announced.

You looked down to your stomach which had the number "38" pasted largely. 

Come on Lee Byul. You can do this. Just be yourself. Be confident. Fighting. 

You stood up from your chair and entered the audition room with four other contestants. 

In the front of the room sat four scary looking panel judges. The women sitting on the very far left looked up and scanned the five contestants. 

"Please start with a small self introductions starting from number 36." 

"Ne. Annyeonghaseyo.  I came from Busan, eleven years old, Number 36, Park Woojin" 

A cute little boy, with spikey hair, wearing a blinding tiedye shirt bowed and introduced himself. 

Aigoo

Aigoo. He's so cute. Such a country bumpkin.

You thought as the person next to you finished his introduction also. The judges looked into your eyes and signaled you to start your introduction. You then bowed deeply and started.

"Annyeonghaseyo. I came from Gangnam, thirteen years old, Number 38 Lee Byul imnida." 

"I've seen you somewhere... were you on a show before perhaps?" One of the judges commented. 

"Ah yes. I was on Star King couple years ago. I danced with SNSD back then." You explained. 

"ahhh! I remember! You have grown so much!" The judges commented with a smile. "Number 36 too.. I've seen you on TV before too." 

"Ahh, neh. I was on a different few months ago and came out as little TOP-nim." The so-called Woojin, commented with a heavy Busan accent. 

"Ahhh. I have great expectations from you two." The adults have commented with a burdensome anticipation. "Let's start off with the two of you then, since you both have similar experiences and it looks like, both of you are auditioning as a rap position." 

You and Woojin stepped one foot forward together and met each other's eyes and gave each other a "good luck" signal. 

~~~~~~~~~

After 20 minutes, the group audition finally ended and the five contestants left the room and were guided to a waiting room. 

"After all the audition is over, there will be an announcement about the results. Please stay here." The lady that first called out our numbers explained then left the room. 

You sat in one of the empty chairs in the room and let out a big sigh. Happy and relieved that the audition ended without major errors. 

Coincidently, Woojin sat in the chair near you. You couldn't help but smile because he seemed still very young and nervous. 

"Woojin right?" You called out to him. He turned his head in surprise. He nodded. "You were great out there. You're very talented in rap. But your dance skills are what I kill for." You complimented. 

He blushed and shyly thanked you. 

"You were very cool too Noona. You overflow with Seoul swag. Jjang." He gave you a double thumbs up. You chuckled at his cuteness. 

"Thank you. I hope that good results awaits for us in the future." 

"Me too." 

 

a/n: KYAAAA. end of first chapter xD How was it?!? Comments/ feedback much appreciated!!