The Sudden Flashback

The Sudden

JIYONG

“We are going to a boutique and get ourselves ready Kyla,” I informed my sister as she ate the lunch I bought

 

“Why? What is going to happen?”

 

“There will be a party in papa’s company. I forgot to tell you that they just grab another big client plus he wants to secure some connections of him,” I explained.

 

She creases her forehead and asked, “He’s really weird.”

 

To which I laughed, “Why do you think so Kyla?”

 

“He should have just informed it and congratulate the departments responsible and if he wants to secure some connections, why not simply call them?” WOW. The way she talks? Hands down!

 

“You know what Kyla, you can replace papa in his company!!!” I said as I laughed.

 

“Not funny,” she said as we went out of the car and went inside the boutique.

 

“She’s even weirder!”

 

“Good Morning Sir Jiyong and Ms. Kyla,” the saleslady greeted us.

 

We both nodded and were lead by two more people. It was easy for me to choose my clothes for the party while on the other hand; Kyla is very and way too choosy.

 

Because we are important costumers in this boutique, the salesladies acted and pretended that it was okay. It’s not that Kyla is a brat but she does not wear clothes that were suggested by father so to make the long story short, she rejects father’s choice and chooses her own.

 

I scanned through the place. Just then I saw a man near the cashier area searching for his eye glasses.

 

I grab his eye glasses and handed it to them, “Here. Please take care next time.”

 

“Thank you so much. It’s really hard when you get old by yourself!” he said and left.

 

That’s when I remembered Sandara Park.

 

It was during my Highschool year when I met my first admirer and heartbreaker.

 

I was a nerdy man that time. I did not like people recognizing me because I’m a Kwon. In short, I preferred to be silent and to be bullied. Of course some knew who I was while others did not care.

 

I was searching for a Computer book for visual basic coding when I saw a girl kneeling and finding something. She murmured, “Why is it really hard to find my glasses?”

 

I helped her searched while she continued talking to herself, “If only someone will care to help me. If I can’t find this in the count of ten I’ll cry.”

 

At the count of eight, I finally found her glasses and handed it to her but it was broken, “Here I found your glasses but it’s broken.”

 

She tried to wear it even if it has a crack and looked at me. It was as if her look was, not that I’m boasting but it was a crush-look because she blushed and stuttered. “Th-tha-thank y-y-you Ji-Jiy-jiyong.”

 

“You know me?”

 

“Y-e-yes.

 

“Let me guess, you are from a different section?”

 

She nodded and said, “I-I have to-to go. Anyways, th-thank you for he-hel-ping me.”

 

“What’s your name?”

 

“Sandara Park.”

 

I smiled and continued searching for the book but the sudden feeling of always remembering her facial expressions is weird.

 

That same night, I bought new glasses for her. It was color pink because she’s a girl. I even wrapped it in a hello kitty box because I don’t know. It was a sudden feeling.

 

The next day, I found her reading a novel. “Hey,” I sat beside her.

 

She looked very startled and greeted, “Hi!”

 

“Here,” I said handing her the box. “Wha-what’s this for Jiyong?”

 

“It’s my gift for you. Open it now and maybe you’ll like it.”

 

She opened the box and started to cry, “Is this really for me?”

 

“Yes of course,” I nodded.

 

“Why? We just met yesterday but you helped me. I’m so happy,” then she started to cried louder.

 

People were looking at us so I guided her at the back of the library and told her, “Uh, uh, please stop crying because we are causing a commotion.”

 

“But- but I can’t stop. I’m just so happy to have new glasses!”

 

I remove her old glasses and placed the new one. “It looks good on you.”

 

Then the sudden feeling started again. “I have to go. Lunch time is almost over,” she said and made her way out.

 

I touched my heart and asked myself, “What’s wrong with you?”

 

Days passed and I haven’t seen her in the library anymore. Days went by and I did not know why people were always mentioning her name when they see me.

 

I was eating alone in the canteen when she came in. She was looking down and was very cautious of her movement. After getting her food, she had a hard time in finding a table to eat so I raised my hand, “Sandara Park!”

 

She looked at me but did not react the way I expect it to be, she just ignored me. I did not know why but the sudden feeling of following her occurred in me. “Here. You can sit beside me.”

 

She remained silent and everyone was starting to look at us. “What’s their problem Sandara?”

 

“I… I do not know.”

 

“Hey, I haven’t seen you in a while.”

 

“Ye-yes. I was busy preparing for our section’s participation in the festival,” she said still looking down.

 

“I see. Are you going to the library later?”

 

“No.”

 

I just sighed and thought of another topic but then her classmates barged in, “SANDARA! HAHA! You are finally talking to your crush? Wow, how brave of you! Eating with my sweetie pie.”

 

She terribly blushed. “Sandara, what are they talking about?”

 

“Hey, you nerdy rich man, did you not know that she just confessed in our section that she likes you? She even bragged about the glasses you bought for her. That game was really amazing!”

 

“Sto-stop,” she said and made her way out.

 

I looked at the girls and said to them, “You made her confess through that game and now you are making fun of her?”

 

I followed Sandara, “Hey!” I grab her hands and asked, “So what if they said that you like me? Are you really going to ignore me?”

 

She cried again. “Be-because they forced me to confess that time. I know that you don’t like people bothering you so I’m sorry for liking you.”

 

“Hey, don’t be sorry. But for the mean time, can we be friends first?” It does not mean that I want to be only forever friends with her but I’d like to sort out my feelings.

 

“Ye-yes,” she said and continued to walk.

 

“What did you like in me?”

 

“Eh? Uh-uhm, I saw you once in the library, I… I like people with the same hobby as mine.”

 

I smiled and from that day on, we became friends, very close friends.

 

Not until . . .

 

“Hey, did you know that Sandara Park has another suitor?”

 

“Yes! That Taeyang? She even accepted the contact lens he gave her and disregard the one Jiyong gave her.”

 

“Really?!”

 

“Oh my gosh, she is an opportunist.”

 

I looked for Sandara and found her talking with that Taeyang. She was declining the flowers she gave him. She even returned a small box which I presume to be the container of the contact lens.

 

“Sandara,” I called out.

 

“Jiyong,” she said and looked very worried, “Has this man bothered you?”

 

“No. He was just offering gifts,” she said. “Are you Jiyong? I guess we are rivals from this time on.”

 

He went to Dara and whispered things I did not hear.

 

Everyday was a battle of attention. It was when Sandara said, “Both of you please stop. I’m starting to grow tired of this. Please,” she then left.

 

The following days were blurry. I did not see her to the point that I even asked Taeyang what happened, “Hey, what did you to Sandara?”

 

“Bro, she likes you but she did not tell you what happened?”

 

“It’s because we’re of different sections,” I tighten my fists.

 

“She has to transfer school but I did not know why. Some said, it’s because of us but some also said family problems.”

 

I rushed to her classroom and asked her classmates but they only have the same answer, “Transferred school,” without any reason.

 

 

“Sir Jiyong, are you okay?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Where is Kyla?”

 

“She went inside the car first because she said you are lost in your own world again,” explained my butler.

 

“That girl!”

 

“So are you done staring into space?”

 

“Yes my lady and I am glad you’ve chosen your attire after gazillion years,” I teased.

 

She ignored me and said, “Let’s go.”

 

 

Party Time…

“Let us welcome President Kwon for his speech on this marvellous night!”

 

As usual, at this kind of event, business-minded people gather and get in contact with one another. We’re seated in a grand table where my father’s closest friends are also placed.

 

“Good evening everyone. I’m so happy to have everyone gather at this occasion. First of all, I would like to congratulate the departments assigned in grabbing another big client. *Applause* I would also like to welcome all my friends here. Let us together strengthen our bond to a future we will all achieve. Have a fun night everyone.”

 

Everyone applauded and resumed to their conversations. Appa came near me and said, “Go and talk with Ynah. Her father is asking why the two of you are so distant.”

 

“Kyla needs me,” I said disobeying his instruction.

 

“Remember Jiyong, this is my night and whoever does not follow me must receive a punishment,” he threatened.

 

“Ohh, then Kyla come with me.”

 

We went in her table surrounded by high-class girls. “Isn’t that your fiancé? The famous model G-Dragon?” I heard one of her friends say.

 

“Hi,” I simply greeted then followed by my sister, “Hello.”

 

“Hi Ji, meet my friends, Hyorin, Sunny, Ga In and Hara.”

 

“Wow, your fiancé is so handsome! You are so lucky to have him Ynah.”

 

“Thanks for the compliment.”

 

“Oww, your sister looks very cute! Are you Kyla?”

 

“Yes I am.”

 

“Ji and Kyla, sit here,” Ynah suggested.

 

Throughout the party, we were only listening to their chit chats. It was about boys, trending fashion and all. Obviously we were very bored so we made our own conversation.

 

“How was your day today Kyla?”

 

“The same thing but Teacher Dara somehow made it new.”

 

“In what way?”

 

“She’s still new and cannot always get some of my classmate’s attention but I like the sincerity in her. You should check her out.”

 

“Check her out?”

 

“Get to know her but I know it's impossible because you have someone tailing," she said as Ynah linked her arms to mine and said, "Who's Teacher Dara?"

 

"Her teacher. Nothing special."

 

But actually, she's making me feel this sudden thing again. I should forget about Sandara Park already.

 

"I would like to call my son and daughter on stage," I heard father said.

 

"What is he up to this time?" Kyla asked.

 

"Who knows," I said and we went up on stage.

 

"These are my children, my inspiration to continue living everyday. In just few months, my son is getting married to Ynah Kim. I would like to call my future daugher in law," and so she did follow.

 

"Let us give them our happiest cheers!"

 

"Next, my daughter. Kyla Kwon will be a successful business woman someday. She will make Kwon Corporation very known. Let us send our good lucks to her everyone!"

 

"I'm going to designer appa, not a businesswoman," she said.

 

Ooops. It looks like she just said the wrong thing. "She's just joking everyone!" appa said but stared at my sister with his dangerous eyes.

 

He whispered to her, "You are not going to be a designer."

 

To which she made an exit on the stage and went outside. "Appa, you should have not said it that way," I said leaving him and Ynah.

 

I followed Kyla, "Hey, don't be upset on that part. Look at me, I became a model just as I wanted it to be."

 

She looked down and said, "But I'll be like you who'll be a model SLASH controlled son. Nah, nevermind. As if I can do anything."

 

"Let's go somewhere?"

 

"Okay."

 

DARA

 

I'm here at a food stall eating by myself. Bom unnie said I should go to the mall and do some grocery but I found myself very hungry again so I decided to eat first before going the errand.

 

"Here's your order," the ahjumma said.

 

"Thank you!"

 

"Soooo yummmmmmmyy," I said as I continued to eat my food with so much delight. Just then an image of G-Dragon came.

 

I thought he really did change. If only I did tell him that I'll leave. He must have forgotten me because of what I did. "Such a pabo like me."

 

But he never told me he is going to be a model someday. I've said it once to him that I dreamed to be a model because of my auntie but... I never thought that he'll do it for me? or did he really do it for me?"

 

"Teacher DARA!" I heard a familiar voice called.

 

Is... that... Kyla with a hooded G-Dragon?!

 

I choked what I am eating and said, "Hi?!"

 

"Can we eat with you teacher Dara?"

 

"O-of c-cou-c-ourse," Aahhhghm, I'm startling again.

 

"Hi Teacher Dara," he said in a deep voice.

 

OMG.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello!

Thanks to the new subscribers for subscribing!!!

Say fort four times...

say it again two times...

spell it twice...

say it again for four times....

what do you use in eating a soup? think fast!

 

if you answered fork- it's naaannot right.

if you answered spoon- you're a genius!

 

Hehehe! Learned that in 9gag. anyways, thank you again!

Sorry for wrong grammar and spellings :)

Please comment and subscribe!!!